Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The one thing you must have      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 51
The one thing you must havePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
lynguistik- GOOD question, I had to think about this one. Kindness, fidelity, intelligence, a good sense of humor, compatibility, mutual attraction, are ALL important to me.
What ONE characteristic, would be MOST likely for me to get most, if not all of those things.........
Maturity, that's my answer :)
 CharminC
Msg: 52
The one thing you must have
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:01:32 PM
^^
I second that one!

Maturity.

Smart girl bamagrl... very smart ;)
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:14:17 PM

Maturity.

That is awesome if it works for you.

But I am going to rebel against that one.

I've met too many people that in the excuse of maturity began to die too soon. Stopped living. Several things I have learned.

One, we never stop acting beyond high school. I've seen this behavior over and over from twenty year olds to seventy-year-olds.

Be a child. Bring simplicity back to your life.

As far as MATURITY is concerned and allowing all the crazy s h it you can keep in your life, these are things that are a must.

Live by your word. If you say something, make it happen. No bu ll sh it.
Stop apologizing, start doing.
Intensity does not have to be irresponsible.
 CharminC
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:22:57 PM
Okay... okay.. you're correct IG. Let me add a word that's important to maturity........ balance.

There should be a balance of everything. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Give/take. Equal itself out another day. Another way.
Maturity and Balance
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/6/2014 8:28:06 PM
For me it is a health-driven and virtuous lifestyle as everything else seems to mostly fall nicely into place.
 petula1908
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/6/2014 10:34:42 PM
demidar

those women you mention are just prossies in essence or gold diggers, when they go for the rich guy for his money only. As long as everyone is aware of the real dynamics, then fair enough. However there is no sin in being successful and these rich guys can have all sorts of other qualities that attract.

No man with money is going to trawl dating sites like these, most of us know that. So your theories don't hold water.
 _shakti_
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/7/2014 1:23:29 AM
Depth.

Dee4166
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2014 2:55:36 AM

One, we never stop acting beyond high school. I've seen this behavior over and over from twenty year olds to seventy-year-olds.

Sorry there I|G...don't agree with this one....

If you haven't significantly changed since high school then chances are you are one of those people who lives in the same place,has the same friends, same job, etc.
NOT that everyone who does IS that way....

Agh...Lord love a duck, If I hadn't changed since high school, well...suffice it to say that I wouldn't still be on THIS side of the dirt...LOL

I agree with bama....maturity is a good one....
 Walts
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/7/2014 5:23:44 AM

If you could choose one feature in a match, under the condition that the rest had to be left to chance, what would it be?

Any female that states she only dates men over 6 feet tall!!!! Love it!!!! Have to have it!!!! Oh yes I do.

I'm 5' 11". :O

Now, in all seriousness, or at least half serious. There is no "feature" that they are able to "put on" their match list that I need or must have. What I DO like in a person is the ability to think and question. That, is not something that can be shown on a match list. Sure, I read about "free thinkers" or "open minded" but, in my experience, that just something more easily typed than actually practised. Sometimes I do see "things" written in "About me" that I find interesting, or whatever but, it's a rare find to see the "thingS" that I "must have" in it.

From what I have read here, it's much "easier" just to state all the things that you don't want. Isn't that the norm??????
 calguy14
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/7/2014 5:25:31 AM
Sobriety.

Starting with just physical attractiveness is such a mistake.
 the_summerwind
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/7/2014 6:36:44 AM

This ought to be interesting responses.
So many base their choices on looks and body image before anything else.
^^^^

But is it still ok to have a crush on "Sara Martins' ....talk about body,brains & beauty...

Ok, ok besides all the obvious in those with good & healthy traits ! As in what most good people have & most look for.... to pursue to enjoy with alone & together.
That in being with....... should be a given already.....^^^^

So what makes it very special beyond all that....."the connection with each other together & as individuals...."

'As this one,' of all the many must haves.... is worth being patience about....cheers
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/7/2014 7:30:59 AM
HONESTY - the one thing I can use to screen out everything else. And no matter what there's always the choice of not choosing anyone at all.
 linclost
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/8/2014 10:24:37 AM
Admiration. On both sides
 Maleman999
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/8/2014 10:47:01 AM
Lots of luck. Most good things rely on being in the right place at the right time.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2014 12:52:59 PM
Respect. I think that if he respects me he will be honest and some of the other biggies....
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/8/2014 6:24:49 PM
She needs to be pretty and have a sexy body.

This isn't shallow. It's what a well adjusted male looks for as shaped by thousands of years of evolution. What is shallow are all the guys who pretend otherwise. Give Mother Theresa all he characteristics they claim as priorities. Wouldn't make an iota of difference. They would still be catering to the hot gal in the slit skirt and heels.

Bottom line...must be physically attractive.

I completely agree with what you are attempting to say, but I don't think you quote got there. Given that what every person finds physically attractive is different, I think there is a word missing there. Must appeal to me. I look at my guy and like what I see and some others don't.

The question asked by the OP then makes sense as in:

'After you are physically attracted to a woman, what is the most important variable she should have?'

Substitute man for woman, and in the above and it is completely true for me. Nothing shallow about it, if there is no physical attraction, nothing else matters. Yes gentlemen, for the vast majority of woman, that does include money.

But even with that out of the way, I still can't say there is one thing. Why? Because smokers are a no go for me, can't stand the smell! So if there was only one thing, that would be it, but... There are also a few other absolute deal breakers. Bitter bros, alcoholics and drug abusers, chauvinists, etc. So if you told me back in my dating days that I could only pick one thing, my choice would have been celibacy.
 calguy14
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/8/2014 6:47:39 PM
Attractive but past 50 you better be realistic,men and women.Tony Horton from P90 fame whatever it is....that real?don't think so.Neither is expecting a 5'4 105 pound ex ballerina.Just looking for physical superlatives = likely disaster.Other attributes become far more important...not too difficult to make your own prison.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2014 7:51:39 PM
Given that what every person finds physically attractive is different, I think there is a word missing there. Must appeal to me.

Yes, that.

For me, also, there must be something in the eyes, because in the end, that's mostly what you're going to see when you look at the person anyways.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/8/2014 8:37:57 PM
A nice smile is eternal :)
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/8/2014 8:51:12 PM
A bikini worthy body?!? ...at least that's what I read somewhere. 😜
 ArticLife
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:03:53 PM
Interesting question. Hmm. I'd have to say it's either a cross between them not smoking (could just say good health) or not being self-involved or a narcissist.
 Howdy_From_Harry
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:36:31 PM

FUNCHESF SAID

that she popped out of her Mother's womb as a female ....hey...call me old fashioned

-----

I SAID

Funchesf, that's what I think too! I had it on my profile one time LOL.
 Howdy_From_Harry
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:40:45 PM
For me, she has to be a Christian.
 Supersoulson
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/9/2014 3:53:21 PM
Since others have cheated I resubmit my ONE thing as :

She has to be PERFECT
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/9/2014 8:50:22 PM
I have to agree with alot of the other women, if I can't trust someone, I can't have a relationship with them no matter what they are to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The one thing you must have