Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Women in their 30's not having time for men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _shakti_
Msg: 151
Women in their 30's not having time for menPage 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

Anyone who has ever done a yoga session, would understand why it would be counterintuitive to prioritize a man over it.
Especially at the dating stage, laughable.

Plus, if a guy expects me to drop things to see him, and gets huffy or petulant about it? That's far too needy, selfish and childish for me.

I want a man who supports the things that I find joy in, not taking away from those things. Someone who has his own activities and interests that he finds joy in that he also wouldn't drop for me. I would personally find it pathetic/desperate of a man to drop something he enjoys just to see me. I wouldn't respect it in the slightest. But yeah, to each their own, lol.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 152
Women in their 30's not having time for men
Posted: 12/31/2014 8:58:15 AM

Exactly, if a woman prioritizes yoga higher than a romantic relationship, that's her choice and for me personally categorizes her as a NON MATCH and vice versa.

Um, a yoga class is usually an hour or two a week. Perhaps we can go to the yoga class and find some time outside that two hours a week to make plans with a guy we're dating? How is keeping a yoga class a sign that someone doesn't want to be involved at all? We would love to hear the explanation to this.

P.S.: Insulting someone's intelligence is a good way to distract people from that ridiculous statement...hey, you're the one who said it, man.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:10:48 AM
No half measures Shakti, either you drop everything (regardless of benefit to health) and enter a panic/desperation mode to sate a ridiculous demand, I mean if you don't do that, it will be hard to manipulate you down the line...

its really quite that simple... or is it?

Either that or you simply avoid an unreasonable demand, made at random by an irrational and insecure male. Who seems upset and oddly paranoid with regard to how he perceives your opinion as damaging the potential he believes the two of you have?

Followed up in passive aggressive delivery, which seems forwardly aggressive, if you don't account for the fact that he is upset at you from his home computer. If you had stated your opinion to him in reality, he wouldn't be secure enough to say anything. He would smile, and then take his frustrations out from behind a comfort zone.

Priceless indeed, some people think they can make demands, and take personal offense to something as though you specifically stated that you couldn't provide the time demanded by him. And that requires a lot of balls, just on that account alone. Almost as if you burned him, for not being easy to manipulate.

What an interesting complex, im sure you're the quiet type in reality, but psychotic for the way you take offense to personal opinion. As though you have place to regard it as offensive to your potential.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:02:07 AM
Yoga is win/win , she gets the yoga she enjoys, and I get to see her wear her yoga pants. :p
 chrisshrew
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:59:22 AM
Can't say I know much about yoga, get much of my exercise by walking a lot. Solves a necessity for short journeys as I don't drive anyway, is completely free and as mentioned keeps you fit.

I'm not saying that people should scrap any regular activity if someone would like to meet you for a date, just if you are keen on meeting someone and they feel the same that missing it for one week shouldn't do any harm if you are tied up the rest of the time.

But as people have said, even if there is mutual interest if they have no time for a date then they have no time for a relationship.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/31/2014 12:37:33 PM

But as people have said, even if there is mutual interest if they have no time for a date then they have no time for a relationship

Who doesn't have time for a date?

More to the point, I wouldn't scrap my gym routine to go out with a women who demanded a specific time and place. I wouldn't skip a day, I wouldn't drop 15 minutes. I wouldn't change for a women, who makes demands. That is stupid, and self imposing without merit.

And nobody is so busy that they are too busy for a date, even the most demanding of occupations allows for 15-30 minutes of free time once or twice a week. With exceptions being few, and point being moot if the excuse is no time for a date.

Not having time for a women or a guy is different, but a date applies to the broad spectrum. Where a singular person applies to being burnt.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/31/2014 12:53:37 PM

What's with certain men making wide sweeping generalities based on their limited experience??

For a couple of them, it’s not even actual experience, it’s their own interpretation of what they’ve read on a profile:

“ I see a lot of profiles that one of the first lines is I have a busy lifestyle but would love some one in my life.”

I translate this as “ looking for someone who also places a low priority on romance/sex “

A lot of the profiles in my area I see that exact line.

So without even having any kind of contact with a woman, he’s already determined what she means and what that means for HIM, ie. NO SEX, in his own mind.

“Romance”?? Yeah, right…too funny. :D
 CTRLvector
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/31/2014 1:06:19 PM

So without even having any kind of contact with a woman, he’s already determined what she means and what that means for HIM, ie. NO SEX, in his own mind.

Yeah its actually worse than a double standard - where wide sweeping generalities would be a step above an abstract translation spawned from an obvious insecurity complex.

For a couple of them, it’s not even actual experience, it’s their own interpretation of what they’ve read on a profile:

For men like myself, I can identify people like you easily, because you're not a dynamic type of person. You're simple, in how your insecurity runs the pathetic life you live in reality. The quiet, shell of a person, capable of aggressive outrage toward women and their disregard for your existence online. Incapable of adjusting to life, swallowed whole, how tragic.
 dinno76
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/31/2014 1:41:55 PM
Some people are busy 7 days a week.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:06:37 PM
Yoga...heck with the outfit, I see them twisting like a pretzel, that downward dog works for me...woof woof. Plenty of time in a week for a few dates AND yoga I say ;)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:14:39 PM
Actually Yoga helped me rehabilitate my back after severe damage required invasive surgeries and messed with my identity pretty good. I would have never given it a serious go if I hadn't heard success stories from people who probably held similar skepticism. An airborne soldier jacked his back up on a jump, and he fixed his injury through yoga, backed by diamond dallas page... who is more of a blowhard, but he broke his back.

So there is legitimate reason to practice yoga, core strength and stability are good enough reasons for me. But there is something interesting that happens when you practice it for a while. I don't believe in chi or energy that flows. But I do believe in stretching muscles and body positions provide 100% more benefit than a chiropractor could hope to accomplish in a lifetime of attempting to remove pain from physiological interference
 _shakti_
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:27:34 PM
And actually, I can't count how many times a man has asked me to come to yoga with me. Just seems like a pretty odd first meet, lol. And I don't want to share it with just anyone. Though that would be fantastic to have someone who enjoys it as much as me, whether it's the same class or whatever.

But there is something interesting that happens when you practice it for a while. I don't believe in chi or energy that flows.
Go to a kundalini yoga class :)
 CTRLvector
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:53:45 PM
I think its that release you get of stretching a muscle, without the pain associated with being unflexable. Its a feeling of release that is pretty damn orgasmic. And when you get good, covers your entire body as opposed to that one muscle being stretched. Yoga is badass, between that and weightlifting I think my routine is pretty solid. I've never done kundalini

How would you describe the chi or the release you get from practice and focus Shakti?
 missfate
Msg: 164
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:24:37 PM
its totally amazing how many different comments you can get from one posting lol
i have been in two relationships, one 6 yrs and other 13 yrs, when i got out of the last long one, wow, did i find times have changed... everyone texting, instead of picking up the phone and plus the disconnect where people dont even know how to have a conversation on a date ha...
all you women giving this a guy a hard time when i totally get what he is saying,
when you first meet someone, if you had a fun time and there was rapport, i get enthusiastic and excited and i want to see him at least twice a week.. YOU MAKE THE TIME, no excuses, if you have excuses you obviously dont feel the same connection
i find too many men nowadays because of the disconnect and not yearning the intimacy they dont want a commitment, it is about ME and sex is the only gratification they want or need
so its refreshing to hear a guy wants to devote some time to cultivating a relationship, so quit busting this guys b-lls lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/31/2014 5:38:18 PM

And actually, I can't count how many times a man has asked me to come to yoga with me. Just seems like a pretty odd first meet, lol. And I don't want to share it with just anyone.

Agreed...only when I've been dating someone a while and they want to get into it for the health purposes, or are already into it and want to make it a couple's activity...just like jogging, or tennis, or hiking or anything that gives us a workout and we can do together productively - I'm all for it. That's one positive way of merging someone into my schedule.
 _shakti_
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/31/2014 5:59:23 PM

How would you describe the chi or the release you get from practice and focus Shakti?
I literally get high off of kundalini yoga, and I have never felt that with any other style.

i find too many men nowadays because of the disconnect and not yearning the intimacy they dont want a commitment, it is about ME and sex is the only gratification they want or need
so its refreshing to hear a guy wants to devote some time to cultivating a relationship, so quit busting this guys b-lls lol
Your whole post made me laugh, love it. And welcome to the forums 'neighbor' :)

I'm sure the Op will be happy to know that there are women who feel his sentiment is refreshing, since he seems to think all women of a certain age group are the same, lol.
 jrb1979
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:59:30 PM
I never said all women in their 30's don't have time for men. It does seem like at lot don't want to change their way of life for a relationship. I think its gone from one extreme to the other. It used to be men and women would focus a lot of their time on relationships. Now its gone to the extreme the other way. Gone are the days of meeting some one and eventually maybe buying a house together. I have noticed a lot of women own their own home and have become so independent that they don't need a relationship. I don't want things back the way they used to be but some where in the middle would be nice. My question is why did we get to the point in this world where a lot of women have become so independent that they feel they need to prove they can do everything on their own.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:42:45 PM
I literally get high off of kundalini yoga, and I have never felt that with any other style.

Interesting, but yeah. it is relative to high. Better than runners high I think, and equivalent to the feeling after an investment of pain is rewarded with psychological satisfaction for me, and the chemical romance associated.

Yeah, sameness for abstract association is an interesting concept. Being that the question instantly fails to be anything other than a disgruntled perspective, aggravated by painfully failed expectation and articulated in detail via passive aggressive response. Not in this case, in typical case where men or women are painted as a whole, rather than judged individually.

Which is a hard protocol to argue against, considering words like justice and constitutional right are relative and descriptive terms with regard to due process. Which requires an individual to be processed criminally or otherwise through fair trial for criminal action or reprehensible act.

Due process doesn't attribute by gender, it attributes by individual circumstance/involvement and only entertains logical arguments backed by substantial evidence that provides proof behind reasonable doubt. Any attempt to validate or substantiate the opinion that grouping a set of individuals, and applying a broad sweeping generalization to them based on the actions of one singular person in that group, is amazingly ignorant. With a special zest for absurd conclusion, as an acceptable means to come to terms with negative experiences or damage to self esteem.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:57:57 PM
Hell, I'm a guy in my 30's and I got better things to do than deal with the drama and difficulty women cause. I'm all bout getting laid! Just hit it and quit it. lol.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/31/2014 11:27:32 PM

Hell, I'm a guy in my 30's and I got better things to do than deal with the drama and difficulty women cause. I'm all bout getting laid! Just hit it and quit it. lol.

Just be careful and take all sharp objects out of your pockets Blueguy..remember what happened last time, you don't wanna deflate your girlfriend again.

Poke! Bang!!! Pssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
 ozsealady1
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/31/2014 11:40:19 PM
It is simple. If they can't make time for me I move on. If I have been dating a woman for a few months and it has become serious, I would hope spending time with me is equal to how much she spends with her friends. If its not, then won't work for me.

How much time do you want / need?
And what do you want to do with her.

I am certain that if you came up with sufficient enjoyable suggestions any woman would jump at the chance.

Seriously are you talking about a woman not having enough time to:
Wash your clothes or to eat that gourmet dinner you have prepared?
Clean your home or accompany you to the symphony?
Watch sport on the TV and bring you beer or go with you to the opening of an art gallery?
Be your sober driver or join her in a yoga class?

I await your response?
 blueguy99881
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/31/2014 11:43:53 PM
Forumsfella seems to know a lot about the inflatable gf. I take it ur experienced in that department?

One more thing, I'm so sick of u following me around in the forums. Done with u, so STAY THE Fu&k OUT OF MY WAY!!!
 jrb1979
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 8:05:21 AM
If a woman can't see more than once a week even if we are serious then I am done. Obviously there will be some weeks where we won't see each other much. If her friends are still a bigger priority over me after dating for months then there is problem. I don't expect to be given a higher priority over her friends but I would think I would be on the same level.

If I am dating a woman and its serious, I would hope to see her at least twice a week. What I would do with her is go out. Maybe go for a drive, see a movie, go for a walk or go for dinner some where. I don't expect any body to do my house work. I am capable to do it on my own.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/1/2015 10:52:27 AM
Geez, your rigidness.

Funny how the guys who are having trouble finding someone also seem to have the most rigid controlling rules about what they want and what they expect. Talk about a turn off!

If you are REALLY into someone you make it work.

I was in a 9 year relationship. Ever been in a 9 year relationship, jrb? Much of it we DID only see each other once a week because we were both very busy people working in the same field. We got together on the weekend. We called every night at 9pm for a check in.

To just say "I AM DONE!" because ONE aspect of your dating situation may not be ideal..well, I suspect you are going to be alone for a long, long time. Relationships are all about COMPROMISE- not slamming down your fist with ultimatums.

"What I would do with her is go out"

Nice.

Anyway, you've never come across as particularly enlightened in any of the posts you've left on this forum...very rigid, sort of mentally locked in a box. That's my impression. You've also crabbed about women "not having enough time to date."

We make time for the right man. Maybe you should check your slow growing anger towards women at the door before it becomes (if it hasn't already) the centerpiece of your emotional life.
 _shakti_
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:02:29 AM

My question is why did we get to the point in this world where a lot of women have become so independent that they feel they need to prove they can do everything on their own.
I wonder?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Women in their 30's not having time for men