Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do any of you do background checks on people you meet?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dee4166
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Do any of you do background checks on people you meet?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
@blueeyes....

Frankly,if you read ALL of the posts regarding this subject then you would see exactly what I SAID...not what it may have "seemed like" , or "what I want you to believe",because frankly, at this point I'm okay and so is my room mate with ANYTHING that either of us have or have not done, and I couldn't give a rat's ass as to what anyone else thinks of it....

I hope that makes things REALLY clear now....

Have a good night...
@ eric...as for what you said,I haven't been going around "snapping pics of license plates", it was on TWO occasions....in case you forget...
As for having a guy checked out for a criminal record v someone checking bank info...that's not a viable comparison at ALL, and if you're as smart as you seem to think you are, then you KNOW that...

Finally, as far as the dating tips,I'm GOOD thanks, and have manged to keep myself alive and well so far,thanks for all of your concern...and just because YOU have a problem with whatever methods that I use in order to protect MYSELF does NOT make your opinion or views the Ultimate Authority nor give you the right to attempt to shame me and how I choose to protect MYSELF whether or not it's in a forum or anywhere else....
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 69
Do any of you do background checks on people you meet?
Posted: 11/17/2014 5:05:09 PM

Posted by petebelongs:
"Yes Eric, the Bridge Street bridge from Trenton to Morrisville, Pa. says "Trenton Makes The World Takes" and it was pertinent 40-70 years ago when there was a fair amount of industry in town. Roebling Steel perhaps being the biggest exporter. But the locals had a second line to that saying. "What The World Refuses Trenton Uses"
Just a Trenton thing."

Roebling Steel...such a historic company that made the essential steel for so many things we know today.
One can probably still take a date to a Trenton Thunder game and enjoy lunch somewhere looking at the water. :-)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/17/2014 5:30:11 PM
Well, the good news is with the fantastic deals on Trenton Thunder / Newark Bears / Somerset Patriots baseball prices, one can have plenty of money still in the wallet for a great meal afterwards! Those games are great.
 Dan198508
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/17/2014 5:35:46 PM
DragonBits

Unless the probability is 100% you have no right to judge people based on their past. People can change, you gotta have faith in people and give them a second chance. It's an attribute of civilisation.

And I totally agree with Eric_Summit, law enforcement records are not there for women on POF to use.
 DragonBits
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/17/2014 5:51:21 PM
Dan198508

Unless the probability is 100% you have no right to judge people based on their past. People can change, you gotta have faith in people and give them a second chance. It's an attribute of civilisation.

I was judging based on your posts, not the felons.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/18/2014 9:47:31 AM

Unless the probability is 100% you have no right to judge people based on their past.

That's where you are utterly wrong. From the convenience of all our home computer and phone screens, we ARE judge, jury AND executioner of everything we see in this site. We have the choice to assume whatever the hell we want - and you have absolutely NO control over that choice. None. It doesn't mean our choices are remotely correct or ethical or anything else - but you cannot police what we think of you - or anyone else in here.

People can change, you gotta have faith in people and give them a second chance.

I do agree that forgiveness is a needed trait to ANY long-term relationship, but just like trust, it's considered an "earned" value, not something you are automatically entitled to having.
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:15:39 AM
I don't think it's enough, but its a good place to start. It helps eliminate sex offenders and married men. Google image search, Google Search and Facebook are easy enough to use. There's no need to go into their personal records.
 Maleman999
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:30:11 AM

I guess that's what Charles Manson said to his now fiance. I wonder if he was using a dating site to meet women.
 ladyc4
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/18/2014 10:54:29 AM
If something doesn't add up, something doesn't make sense, doesn't track, or a guy seems to be having a concealing or controlling attitude-I just call it "not a match".
Trust me, I know that people can have crazy stuff going on in their lives and I certainly can understand tight finances, but if things just aren't tracking I don't even want to spend time doing some kind of background check.
I'm sure I've probably dropped guys who were not problematic, and that's on me.
Cindy O
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/19/2014 11:35:54 PM

I wouldn't do it right away but if there was a chance it would become serious I'd do several searches on his first and last name to see if he were married or a child molester.

Sally: "Dammit! Not again! Uggh, this guy Paul Smith is yet ANOTHER child molester."
Barb: "Oh, no, that sucks. You looked him it up online?"
Sally: "Yeah... he molested someone out in California AND Texas..."
Barb: "Oh wait, you both live in Ohio..."
Sally: "Yeah I know! I scoured all over, but I found this 'Paul Smith' everywhere! He does horrible things in so many states! Why is every guy like this??"

;)
 Onyxbutterflies90
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2014 2:20:14 AM
The sex offender registry includes a picture.
 mike11091
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/20/2014 6:11:39 AM

The sex offender registry includes a picture.

And current address.
 MohawkMayhemRebel
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/6/2017 4:06:38 AM
I find this funny because, I simply ask them for all that info to look up. 9 out of 10 give it and those who refuse I stop contact with.
 Maleman999
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/6/2017 5:05:52 AM
^^^Do you likewise give out enough personal information to guys you don't know to do a search on you?
 Nestaron
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/6/2017 5:47:50 AM
^Actually she does way too much information actually I heard of honesty but she is really bad with giving it.

No offence to her but that is dangerous amount of social media information.
 ANewBeginningStartsHere
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/6/2017 10:17:57 AM
I am shocked to have run into many women on POF that have a CRIMINAL RECORDS. I started doing the checks, because many many years ago I did NOT... only later to find out... and also suffer the consequences of being in a relationship with that person.

The State of Illinois has a public-use system for Illinois residents ONLY that allows us to view the following in an instant for no charge. The person you are checking has to have the records and residency in the State of Illinois:

DUIs
Felonies
Misdemeanors
Divorces
Liens
Bankruptcies
Detainers

It will show the full name, date of offense and what city or town it was filed. From there you can usually google newspaper articles that will tell you the incident and usually you can find their mugshot. For $10.00 you can get the record and it details the charges/classes, court appearance date etc.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/6/2017 10:50:13 AM

I am shocked to have run into many women on POF that have a CRIMINAL RECORDS.

So apparently when so many women refer to "family being important to them", they are referring to the Manson "family"?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do any of you do background checks on people you meet?