Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Age difference up or below by how much ??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 28
Age difference up or below by how much ??Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Overall, I have always been attracted to older women. Even in school, I usually hadn't a care for any of my female classmates. I was "hot for teacher". (thanks, Van Halen)

Today, I find myself still strongly attracted to older women (or close to my own age) but I'm open to younger women who radiate the qualities I find appealing in older women.

Women in their 20's today seem to lack the poise, essence, confidence, elegance, and sophistication I saw in women in their 20's when I was younger. I don't know what happened.

Hell, I cracked open my high school yearbook a couple of weeks ago, and even the senior girls back then looked and carried themselves more"womanly" than those in their 20's today. So, it's not a matter of them seeming younger to me just because I'm older today.

Weird.
 CharminC
Msg: 29
Age difference up or below by how much ??
Posted: 4/10/2015 7:39:38 AM

Women in their 20's today seem to lack the poise, essence, confidence, elegance, and sophistication I saw in women in their 20's when I was younger. I don't know what happened.

Influx of social media during an age of entitlement is what happened.
Could you imagine any of the women from those days ever do the duckface?
They'd get punched lol
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/10/2015 7:50:39 AM

Influx of social media during an age of entitlement is what happened.

I can agree with this, but it raises the question....what brought about this "age of entitlement"?
 CharminC
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/10/2015 8:08:16 AM
*cue The JEFFERSON'S "Movin' on up"*

Greed
middle class isn't what it was in our day :(
 CharminC
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/10/2015 9:18:36 AM
If your kids don't behave with the sense of entitlement like the 20 somethings Pig refers to, they've lucked out IMHO :)
I've seen and heard way...way... too many that do and their parents letting them get away with it, giving excuses or throwing their hands up in defeat. Rest assured though there are kids out there that make any of us proud.
Let's see how the future holds
#thinkingpositive
 Walts
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/10/2015 2:59:26 PM
^^^^ As parents, we must bear most of the responsibility on how are children deal with "needs" and "wants". No doubt, it's very hard to do some days when our children "see" what is going on around them when away from us and our homes. Start early, and drive it into your kids' heads that with EVERYTHING comes a cost. It would also be nice to lead by example.

There is no reason for us to be buying and living in homes the sizes we do. There is no reason to go into "debt" to get a "thing". There is no reason to buy clothes because of "fashion" alone. How many shoes do you really need? I could carry on but, it will end up being a rant. Don't really wanna do that when I'm within hours of sippin time.......

Oh. Date who ever you want. Phuck anybody you want too, if you want. You can even use what ever reason(excuse) if you dare.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Age difference up or below by how much ??