Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > This is so hard!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 petula1908
Msg: 22
This is so hard!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Not a good idea to have a pic of your child on a dating site. I would take that down. As for looking for someone to marry I would change that to looking for a relationship, rather. It is less scary. There is no process. Men look at your pics and if they like them they may read the profile, but not always, and then contact you. You can contact men that you feel are in your league and demographic and see what happens.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 23
view profile
History
This is so hard!!
Posted: 11/23/2014 5:05:21 PM
I've never could understand why some post their kid's photos. Kids are fine, I like them. (at arm's length) But the last time I checked, I wasn't dating kids.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 24
This is so hard!!
Posted: 11/25/2014 7:09:36 AM
And you're on POF because...why?

This is pretty much the last place you're going to find Prince Charming.

You're better off perhaps joining up on Christian Mingle.
 QuirkyTeacher
Msg: 25
This is so hard!!
Posted: 11/26/2014 12:25:51 PM
Im a Christian, non smoker, I have a child, I am a fairly big girl but I am VERY active, I am traditional, and I specifically say in my profile I am looking for someone to marry, and not sex or anything in between!

But yet I am constantly "Matched" with men who are non religious, smokers, who do not want children, who do not like big women, and are not looking for commitment.

What is the process here? Does anyone know?

Like you, I was very lost. Online dating is VERY humbling. Here's a few of the things that have helped me be more successful here:

--The "Matched" thing...don't even look at it. Message people who have similar interests.
--There are going to be guys who message you for sex. It doesn't matter what you have in your profile. They're
sending that generic sex message to everyone.
--Knowing the above, stay positive. Keep your profile focused on what you're looking for (not what you're not
looking for).
--Start over with your photos. Take one where you're a little more dressy, take a head-shot full of smiles, and a full
body shot (maybe doing something you enjoy). Do not hide your curves! There are plenty of guys who will like you for you. Switch your main photo often.
--Stay the course. Don't waste your time on people who want to stay penpals or text buddies. The purpose is to meet
people that you may otherwise have not.

Hopefully some of these things I've learned will work for you. It's a bit of trial and error, but when I started putting more thought into POF and how I wanted it to work for me, I got better results. I wish you the best of luck!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 26
This is so hard!!
Posted: 11/27/2014 4:16:53 PM
Oh wow, there is no such match like that in existence. Traditional, in the way you describe it, is not parallel with American sociosexual dating culture. So yeah, its going to be really hard, just sayin,
 ScurvyLittleSpider
Msg: 27
This is so hard!!
Posted: 12/3/2014 10:28:25 AM
"Ridin' Nerdy" -- best laugh of the day, thank you.

OP,
I agree that it's hard; but that is certainly no reason to not do it.

Agree also with aboves, esp.

"Forget about the matches. They suck.
If you see a guy online you find attractive just shoot him an email"
and
"The 'Matched' thing...don't even look at it. Message people who have similar interests"
 blueguy99881
Msg: 28
This is so hard!!
Posted: 12/4/2014 7:12:14 PM
Women are born so shallow. They only respond to guys that look like male models. And are rich as well. Any woman that disputes that is lying.
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 29
This is so hard!!
Posted: 12/6/2014 4:30:31 AM
^^^ Can't and won't speak for most women, but I just would like to find someone who I think is attractive. (and who is also into being healthy/keeping active) Forget the wealthy factor (as long as we are on the same page as far as what's in important in life, and financially responsible). .I'd rather have someone who has a great personality, is caring, kind, and funny.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > This is so hard!!