Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I've officially graduated online dating 101.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunnyDazical
Msg: 73
I've officially graduated online dating 101.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
After a few rough weeks, I'd like to personally thank you for making me giggle.

Regards,
Sunny
 user983479
Msg: 74
I've officially graduated online dating 101.
Posted: 11/22/2014 6:33:58 AM
#13 & #29 made me laugh lol
#1 is something I constantly find when reading profiles. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying 'hi'.
 LegendofPOF
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/26/2015 6:53:52 PM
Need to bump my past thread for OLD times sake. LMAO
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:24:42 AM
Okay, I think there's too many that takes away from the humor which requires some element of truth at least to be funny -- and obviously better when there's a decent amount of truth to it. I would have cut the amount from 30 to 15. Also, GIRLS could write a humorous one about guys, too.

1) "I will NOT reply to Hi, Hey, or Hello" = "Now I already know the vast majority of people often start conversations in real life with Hi, Hey, or Hello but since I'm on POF and getting my ego stroked anyway from countless one handed emails that every guy sends to every other chick I want each one of you to make me feel like the special one.

This one's funny. Since it's one-sided girls-to-guys and halfway decent looking gals getting blasted with messages, it IS better for a guy to write more (but not too much; don't waste your time), but at the same time, for a gal to scoff at just a hi, hey, hello -- and complain about it in her profile exposes herself as me-me-me. Many gals don't care. It's a weeding process anyway (and the forum is NOT an accurate testing bed for gals online as far as amount-written is concerned; 99.99% of users don't use forums anyway).

2) "Willing to lie about how we met" = "I'm willing to lie about anything, everything, to everyone...even to you."

LOL - there's some truth to that. In reality it's more like "I'm more open to lie within this bubble or any bubble I don't feel 100% comfortable with."

3) "No players/cheaters" = "I'm only attracted to players, and have been for my entire life. This is just my weak attempt at reverse psychology/ a public relations job on my profile that damn well isn't fooling the same players I'm really crying out to get with because unfortunately for chicks like me...It's all I know and all I'm attracted to. Players apply here."

Truth to that. They don't like it, but they are attracted to said types. Much the same IRL when a gal's upset and pulling her hair out on how she's always with the wrong guys. But that's where her attraction is -- that's where she "feels" it. Perfect example of how those particularly crude versions of PUA blogs have truth to it. Some gals do want a guy who's More than not a puzzy... but the by-product of that in the end isn't good for them. Never helps and only makes one run into this when the guy is better looking than the gal and she wants those guys who are better looking than she too (or guys who are culturally mean/bad persona).

4) "No Games" = "Game on. I expect you not to play games while I play them on you as it's all I've ever known how to do with dudes."

Very true. Never expect anyone not to play games to some extent. It's "I don't play YOUR games. I play my games... well, they're not game, because it's just looking out for myself! I deserve! Sorry, but you're going to have to eat it a bit off other guys who've frustrated or hurt me..."

19) "6ft and over only!" = "I'm dopey enough to have a Channing Tatum pass me by after seeing I only date the tallest dudes because I like to wear my 5 inch high heels at all times, while needing to feel 'protected and safe' from what, I don't even know. Possibly from my own attention seeking on Flakebook, Tweeter, and IG followers?"

LOL - that has truth to it when they declare that. It's Really shocking when the gal's 5'4" or shorter , and yet Requiring a guy to be Even Taller than the average guy who's many inches taller already than average gal. I like the tidbit avoiding the fact that it's about raw sexual attraction (truth to that).

27) "I put the wrong age on my profile and POF won't let me change it!" = " I purposefully put the wrong age on my profile and left it that way. I'm also using years old pictures. But don't worry. I look EXACTLY the same in person!"

LOL - Yep. More like "I purposely put the wrong age in my profile thinking I could change it, even every other month, but I can't. I don't want to quick delete this profile and make a new one, as I'd be ditching all the sweet (and not so sweet) ego-boosting mail in my inbox!"

28) "My friend made me do this!" = "My friends also do everything for me as I can't even leave my house without them. My friend also isn't the person in my pictures and will show up to meet you instead."

I agree with the first sentence having some truth to it. I think it goes along with "Willing to lie about how we met", but their lack of seriousness/honesty will be help steered by friends and such. If friends like it -- absolutely. If friends don't recommend it so much -- no way.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/29/2015 8:50:24 AM
^^^ spot on- I guess u could call them red flags...
 JAXTC
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:18:09 PM
Bumping a classic masterpiece!
 Azream
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 2:09:02 PM
Where can I get a copy of this test!?
 ponyelvis82
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2018 11:06:03 PM
He forgot my favorite one.

"I'm finally ready to settle down" = I screwed up my life, and have tons of baggage, and need you to fix it for me.
Posted: 7/28/2018 4:36:15 AM
My favorite oldie but goodie, After the 6th date, "please, sell your home and move in with me" = I'm a financially irresponsible deadbeat about to go bankrupt and need you to bail me out.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:55:52 AM

26) “I’m a princess.” = “I’m really spoiled, entitled, expect you to be hot and kowtow to my every demand till I grow bored of you and look for my next prince charming. I’ve watched way too many Disney movies growing up and believe I’m a special little snowflake.”

IOW..."if they expect me to pay for their portion of the dinner date even though I asked them, then they're entitled food whorez who want my money!"
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 4:31:03 PM

"I'm finally ready to settle down" = I screwed up my life, and have tons of baggage, and need you to fix it for me.

Yeah, that's one to add to the list. Although IMO, I'd tweak it a bit: "I screwed up my life, have tons of baggage, and I believe I have it fixed, but don't quote me on that." :)

My favorite oldie but goodie, After the 6th date, "please, sell your home and move in with me" = I'm a financially irresponsible deadbeat about to go bankrupt and need you to bail me out.

I think that would be put on a secondary list -- something that won't be seen on a profile, but after you've had a few dates with them under your belt.

One of those would also be, after sex on date #1 or #2, when lying in bed: "You know, I never really do this" = I always told myself not to do this yet again.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I've officially graduated online dating 101.