Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 76
Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapesPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I didn't read all the preceding posts...I can't see that this as a race issue.
I remember Cosby from the early days...his comedy routine on Noah was
hilarious. I also remember him from I Spy. He was definitely a well known
entertainer.

The women he allegedly raped..not so much. They were young and certainly
not as known as he was. I can see where individually they would think their
voices would not be heard if they should make a complaint. There is comfort
in numbers.

Coming forward after being raped is the right thing to do for many reasons,
but not as easy as simply having the desire to do so. It's possible the women
didn't have a support system, perhaps they were counseled to "move on"...
who the heck knows.

All I know is another comedian mentioned cosby in his routine and suddenly
people were coming forward. I don't now what he did or didn't do. It's difficult
to prove after so long of course, but he did pay off at least one woman....and
one has to wonder why.

I wish he would say something. One person....maybe not...two people...ummm...
three people....but now the number is in the double digits. Are all these women
in cahoots together? Did one come forward and then all these other women
decided to jump on the "band wagon"?

I don't think this is going to quietly go away (and it shouldn't).
I think he needs to address the issue one way or the other....his silence is not doing
him any favors. It just makes him look arrogant and dismissive.

overunity
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapes
Posted: 12/4/2014 1:13:55 PM
For some reason I thought about all the groupies back stage at rock concerts over the years. Some of them all these years later probably have "rape" stories to tell as well.
 daynadaze
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2014 2:03:21 PM
I didn't read it but saw a buzz about the show 30 Rock claiming to have mentioned Cosby's behavior some years back. Apparently this has been buzzing around for some time now.
 HondoGal
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/4/2014 8:33:55 PM
“Allred calls for Cosby to either waive the statute of limitations for the allegations against him, or else donate $100 million to fund settlements for the accusers.”

That’s Gloria Allred; bet most of the $100 million is for her.

OP for the timeline and all the accusers, 19 now and sure to grow see:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/timeline-of-the-abuse-charges-against-cosby.html

Some of the accounts seem a bit ludicrous. For example,
 the comedian took them to a party at the Playboy Mansion. There, Huth claims Cosby told her to lie about her age; then, when the two were alone, Cosby stuck his hand down her pants and forced her to masturbate him. Huth is the first accuser in nearly a decade to get the legal system involved: She's suing Cosby for damages based on the "psychological damage and mental anguish" she says she received. Huth cannot file criminal charges against the star, as the alleged incident took place before 1988.

She’s at the Playboy mansion with hundreds of people around and she was “forced” to masturbate Cosby? Another was forced in the green room of the tonight show. Again the behind the scenes tonight show where the green room is…the place is like a party, open bar, food, lots of people. IMO some were willing participants jumping on the bandwagon of those actually abused.

I don’t doubt that Cosby is a lothario with, perhaps some type of sexual disorder as he seems to enjoy his victims passed out.

Just tonight I heard on the news that the Navy, where Cosby served four years, stripped him of the title of honorary Chief Petty Officer in 2011.
 daynadaze
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2014 10:11:54 PM
This is part of the problem, first we don't know if any of this is true, but so many saying the same thing does not look good for him. Second, there are always going to be liars jumping on the bandwagon thinking they will get money or at least their name in the news. Real victims are often quiet because of professional victims who are scum and usually found to be lying, which makes any real victims seem to be lying too. This thing is a mess. I'd love for it all to be false, but that's a large number for it to be ignored. And yeah, having Gloria Allred join in is like having Al Sharpton join in, things will become a whole lot of trash talk for them to make money and get attention. You use either one of these people and suddenly it all seems to be a scam.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2014 3:44:33 AM
If I was accused of molesting children I would be screaming bloody innocence and want them to prove it no matter how long ago. Mj went through hell in the courts to make them prove it and they couldn't.
But thats me, obviously Mr bordering on senile Probable child rapist doesnt care
I also agree bringing in Gloria probably wont add to credibility these days.

For some reason I thought about all the groupies back stage at rock concerts over the years. Some of them all these years later probably have "rape" stories to tell as well.

^^^^^Why the hell would you even say that?
Obviously you have not had someone molest or force you to do something you did not consent to as a person under the influence of not only booze, but drugs or even just a powerful intimidating man you trusted.

Maybe some should go spend a few weeks in Attica with BJ Bubba Ding dong and Big Jammin *Jake the snake* Johnson, come back and report on how you didn't go tell the guards and why.

I think its been an inside Hollywood rumor for years.

Other than MJ facing accusers others also have.
Woody Allen, Roman Polanski,R. Kelly, Mike Tyson all have defended their actions or had their day in court. Cosby reached a settlement with at least one of his accusers and has never made a statement or given an interview to explain why so many women have made these accusations.

Me thinks if he shuts up ( in his mind) HE becomes the victim and not the women.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/5/2014 7:08:09 AM

For some reason I thought about all the groupies back stage at rock concerts over the years. Some of them all these years later probably have "rape" stories to tell as well.[/quorte]

I think it's the quotation marks around the word rape that is pizzing folks off. But the statment is true, I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands of groupies that were raped back stage at concerts.

I'm sure the one poster knows "exactly" what goes on at the Playboy Mansion. I'm sure there are areas where a couple can get their groove on...consentually or forcibly. Look how many rapes took place in churches.

As to the other stars mentioned - Roman Polanski was found guilty and fled the country instead of serving time. I'm sure there were young boys paid off in the Michael Jackson case and never testified or brough charges. The list could go on but the point is - many stars, celebrties, sports figures, politicians and just plain rich folks have been getting away with this for years. One problem is, and its a global issue, is women not reporting sexual assault or rape.

As to Gloria Allred, I'm not a huge fan, but she is vocal, she is listened to and when she holds a press conference the media shows up. She has access to radio, tv and print. I'd want her on my side in something like this as well. Many of these sexual assaults and rapes are past the limitation dates and there may not be charges, trials or recourse. At least its out there.

I'm sure more women will come forward. It's the same in the catholic priests rapes - one or two children come forward (many times as adults) and it opens the flood gates for others to step forward and say "the same thing happened to me". The catholic church ignored this ongoing issue for years and years - they can't ignore it now.
 mike11091
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/5/2014 9:02:58 AM

If I was accused of molesting children I would be screaming bloody innocence and want them to prove it no matter how long ago. Mj went through hell in the courts to make them prove it and they couldn't.
But thats me, obviously Mr bordering on senile Probable child rapist doesnt care
I also agree bringing in Gloria probably wont add to credibility these days.

THIS!

Especially if I worked in the Entertainment industry. Your job is literally all about your image!

Unless I thought the court process would dig something nasty up, I would go to court and probably sue for the damages those accusations are causing my career.
 cotter
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2014 12:47:19 PM
Message 65 ...

White men have been raping black women for eons.
^^This is an ignorant statement.!!...
How is that so "ignorant"?

It's actually quite true. Look at all the plantation owners who raped their "black" slave women.

It has nothing to do with what this man did.
Now that part is true.

Message 77 / 81 ...

^^^^^Why the hell would you even say that?
Obviously you have not had someone molest or force you to do something you did not consent to as a person under the influence of not only booze, but drugs or even just a powerful intimidating man you trusted.
Yeah ... I was thinking the same thing.

I guess he figures a "groupie" back stage, all full of awe and excitement should expect to be raped by the star they're chasing. Of course, any man with any common decency to himself would not take advantage of young groupies and then no one would have to have any "rape" stories all those years later ... right? Actually, any man with any common decency wouldn't make such an ignorant statement.

So when you were thinking about all the groupies, I bet you wish you had been a rock star ... eh? Then you could have those groupies hanging out at your door and they'd be there hanging on every word you'd say ... hoping and wishing you'd choose them. I wonder what you would have done ... with all those cute girl groupies just waiting with bated breath ... eh? Well, I can imagine, because my older sister was one of those groupies.

I can recall back in the mid 60's my older sister was all ga-ga about some pianist named Lorin Hollander. He made an appearance here in Columbus (with our symphony orchestra) and she went back stage during intermission to get his autograph. I'm sure he picked up on her state of awe and excitement. He handed her his hotel room key. He told her he had a reception to go to and would then return to his hotel room in about 2 hours and for her to meet him there and he would give her an autographed record.

Poor thing, she was so naïve she really thought that was all he wanted! My mother had other ideas and my sister never got the "autographed record". My sister was mad at my mother for weeks, but she finally got over it and kept her virginity until she got married which wasn't difficult because she married the first man she ever dated ... sigh.
 gtomustang
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/5/2014 1:46:03 PM
In related yet unrelated news, RollingStone magazine is pulling its article on rape at Virginia State, b/c they agreed with the alleged victim not to research the story, and found out the party never happened, etc. So there will be men pointing out that sometimes victims lie, and therefore shouldn't be in such a rush to believe, etc. one step forward, one step backward.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/5/2014 3:47:05 PM

I can recall back in the mid 60's my older sister was all ga-ga about some pianist named Lorin Hollander. He made an appearance here in Columbus (with our symphony orchestra) and she went back stage during intermission to get his autograph. I'm sure he picked up on her state of awe and excitement. He handed her his hotel room key. He told her he had a reception to go to and would then return to his hotel room in about 2 hours and for her to meet him there and he would give her an autographed record.

Poor thing, she was so naïve she really thought that was all he wanted! My mother had other ideas and my sister never got the "autographed record". My sister was mad at my mother for weeks, but she finally got over it and kept her virginity until she got married which wasn't difficult because she married the first man she ever dated ... sigh.

What proof do you have that this person would have RAPED your Sister?

Libel & Slander come to mind.
 cotter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2014 4:15:09 PM
^^^
Oh dear ... sorry I might not have been clear about the point I was making.

I wasn't insinuating that Lorin would have raped my sister ... I was trying to make a point of the state of mind some of the groupies are in with their "awe & excitement".

Sorry if that point was not made.
 calguy14
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/5/2014 4:36:35 PM
I would buy a PPV to see Gloria have a go at Cosby one on one.The guy can't even look a reporter in the eye,she would rip his nutz off.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/5/2014 4:46:36 PM
I sort of like Gloria
I agree with Calguy - she is a pitbull with lipstick.
 ProfessorOcean
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2014 1:06:14 AM
I really thought Cosby was a good man. Even if U do not believe some of the accusers, let's say half of them, because of one reason or another with their story, given the sheer number of victims and the probability of a woman lying about being rape (this number can be as low as 0.5% or as high as 6-8%), let's assume a large number 10%, the probability that he is innocent is much, much lower than 1 in a quadrillion. He is guilty.
 HondoGal
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/6/2014 3:19:37 AM
Gloria Allred is a media whore; a militant feminist; she is not respected in the legal community. Lots of the women she supposedly represents have baseless issues that go nowhere.

During the 2003 California gubernatorial election, Allred conducted a press conference shortly before the election on behalf of her client, Rhonda Miller, a Hollywood film stuntwoman, who claimed Republican gubernatorial candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger had sexually assaulted her years earlier while working on a movie set with him. As with that case, Allred seems to actually cause more harm to her client's cause in the pursuit of media attention and impacting close elections to the benefit of the Democratic candidates she supports.

After Allred's highly-staged press conference in 2003 failed to defeat Schwarzenegger, she later tried to sue him 

Allred initially said her client would appeal the dismissal of Miller's lawsuit, but her client smartly decided not to follow Allred's advice and dropped the case. 

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2010/10/does-gloria-allred-represent-her.html

Allred represented Tiger Woods mistress Rachel Uchitel in an apparent effort to shake down Woods for money. Nothing came of that.
 Strings6
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2014 4:02:51 AM
Have no idea whether Cosby is guilty or not but one thing is for sure,the public response to accusations like this greatly depends on the Man they are directed at and innocence or guilt don't matter much.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2014 4:18:10 AM
A very respected and high profile black woman has come forward with much to lose imo if people think she is lying about being drugged by him. Beverly Johnson.
Her career would have been over if she went against him. At least she was capable of making it known she wasnt completely incapacitated yet and threw a fit.
She went on the be the first Black woman on the cover of Vogue magazine , wouldn't have happened if she went after him and she would have been run out of the business altogether.

2 sips of his "special coffee" many years ago and she felt severely drugged , then raised hell when she felt it and he dragged her down a flight of steps by her arm and threw her in a cab.
Some entertainers have said it has been "inside knowledge for years" as I suspected.

Maybe they can dig into his financials and get him like they did Capone. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
 calguy14
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/12/2014 4:58:22 AM
A special effort needs to be made to punish this man for his behavior. Or people will ask why not.
 tgif111
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:14:10 PM
with so many saying he did wrong, i'm leaning toward the personal belief that he do wrong at some point and perhaps with many.

what I do not understand is why weren't charges brought AT THE TIME OF THE CRIME?

now after all these years is NOT the time to cry and ask for punishment.

it was at the time the alleged assaults occurred that the authorities should have been notified no matter what his status as a celebrity.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:26:43 PM
^^^^ How do you know they weren’t?

You don’t know much about crimes against women, huh.
 tgif111
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:44:02 PM

^^^^ How do you know they weren’t?

if charges were brought against him then they must NOT have been proven or he would have been convicted!!!

that's easy enough to understand.
 daynadaze
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2015 7:37:44 PM
It doesn't work that way with the rich & powerful. It was very hard back then to charge a man with rape unless it was pretty cut & dried. And pretty young women/girls who were trying to get into show business or some related field, who went with a famous man to his room/home/hotel, even though that's pretty normal in the business, would have not been taken seriously at all. You really do not have a clue what it's like. I haven't a clue if these women are lying or if Cosby is lying, but saying something like he would have been arrested and convicted if he was guilty, please no one is that unaware.
 HondoGal
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/10/2015 4:13:37 AM
I’m not sure it’s entirely true that Crosby was untouchable. Maybe/maybe not.

As far back as the 40’s Errol Flynn was tried for rape.
Around the same time (70s, 80s) that women are accusing Crosby of rape and more Roman Polanski was accused and pled guilty to rape of a minor.
William Kennedy of THE Kennedy’s, a real untouchable, was tried for rape in 1990.

I think Crosby probably did a lot of what he’s accused of , but I agree with tgif, these women did not cry for help at the time the crimes occurred. Which is one reason I don’t buy the whole, “Now I’m tragically scarred” story, some 40+ years later.

From the little I’ve read about the women they all admit they did not do anything about the alleged drugging or non-consensual sex/molestation at the time it occurred.

Lot of lawyers looking to get rich because of the publicity stuff like this generates.
 tgif111
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/10/2015 5:27:35 AM
my point exactly HondoGal.

if crimes were committed against these women then they have my sympathy.

but I believe it's too late to rake up innuendos now. the time to act was then.

as bad as I feel if their claims are legitimate that's how the cookie crumbles.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapes