Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapesPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Some of them did try to get help, at least one of them got paid off by Cosby, again you don't seem to know how hard it would have been to even get someone to take these cases. It's really tiresome to hear all about how someone abused should have done this or that, until it happens to you, you have no idea how you might react, you don't have any idea how the police or prosecutors will react, you seem to not know how hard it was back then to get someone charged with rape. Blaming the victims, if they are victims, is the very reason this sort of thing doesn't get taken care of, at the time. Yes, some people do get taken seriously and some do have to pay for their crimes against others, even if it's only a dent in their reputation, but for the most part, if someone rich & famous rapes you in a way where you aren't even sure what happened, it's going to go nowhere. That's true now too, even though rape is taken much more seriously, it's still hard to prove someone raped you if you have been with them, and if you were drinking with them...we've seen the outcome of that many times recently. Certainly those who accuse someone of rape and are lying has hampered the real victims, but the majority of those who don't seek or get help is that no one wants to believe them. This tough nuggies, you should have turned this in when it happened doesn't hold any water, considering what we are talking about. If he did this, it needs to be investigated, if he didn't do it, you'd think he'd be begging to have it investigated. This isn't about one woman complaining, this is a large group of totally unrelated women saying the same things, and there are others saying they knew something was going on, and one man said he was use to funnel the money to shut some of these women up, sure some are probably lying, but all of them, that seem pretty unlikely.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 102
Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapes
Posted: 1/10/2015 12:35:24 PM
One woman against Bill Cosby during his Huxtable fame. You can’t imagine that. SMH Now the victims are coming together and times have changed.

Dayna, excellent point, if he’s innocent why isn’t he crying for an investigation?? Oh, like OJ is still looking for Nicole’s REAL murderer. Good gawd.

Recently I heard a guy call in to a radio show sticking up for Cosby, he said something about Cosby’s wife staying with him so there’s proof he’s innocent, then he said, “I think they were both doctors.” What a friggin IDIOT.

Your compassion is touching Msg. 100.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 3:26:11 AM
What a DIC.
Bill Cosby told audience members not to boo a heckler who shouted "you're a rapist" during a Thursday night performance.
He also "joked" to one woman referencing the sexual assault allegations..
A woman got up and he asked where she was going, she responded "to the bar" or "get a drink"

Bill Cosby: 'Be careful drinking around me'

The truth comes out in ' jokes'.
 daynadaze
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:45:21 AM
Did you listen to what was said, or just read it? I happened to listen to it, out of curiosity, and he was so odd. He talked to these people like they were little children and he was daddy or grandpa speaking slowly & softly like calming an animal or someone slow. It came off condescending to me, but maybe that's just my take since I'm not sure what to believe about this man anymore. It kind of gave me a chill, it was weird. Again, I might be reading into it, what isn't really there. It's just that he sounded like someone who soothes those he's manipulating. I remember that tactic quite well from when I was being sexually abused as a child, so it gave me the creeps.
 robaustralia
Msg: 105
Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapessserts
Posted: 1/11/2015 2:07:25 PM
Most of his alleged crimes are outside the statute of limitations However a recent claim is inside it.Whatever the case I think the statute of limitations is a dumb law and I have never understood it.

Thankfully it does not apply in the UK and Rolf Harris got his just desserts.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 2:49:10 AM

Did you listen to what was said, or just read it?

I heard it and he was creepy as hell..

I saw on the news where during an apprentice episode, the young girl who played one of his daughters (KNP) on the apprentice wouldn't call him for a donation, so she was "fired" over it.
She just said she hadn't had contact with him in so many years, so she wouldn't do it.

Me thinks more to it.You don't not stay in contact with people you admire and have formed close relationships with imo,esp in "Hollywood".

"Keshia Knight Pulliam, famous for her role as the adorable Rudy Huxtable on "The Cosby Show," was fired by Donald Trump on Sunday night's episode of “Celebrity Apprentice” for not reaching out to her former TV dad, Bill Cosby.

In the episode, taped prior to the sexual assault allegations made against the iconic comic, Trump told Pulliam, who served as project manager on an all female team, that she should have used her connections to Cosby to help out her team. However, the former sitcom star said she had not spoken to Cosby in years, and she didn’t feel comfortable asking for a favor out of the blue.

"You didn’t make one call that I really believe that if you’d called that gentleman he would have helped you, even if you hadn’t spoken to him in years," Trump said.

The real estate mogul took to Twitter Sunday night to let fans know that he instructed Keshia to contact Cosby before the troubling allegations came to light."

I cant imagine why they would put a statute of limitations on sexually abusing a minor or bribing a victim.
If the SOB is still breathing he/she should be made to pay in someway.

He did pay one off and an NBC employee said he paid other women money for Cosby too.
This employee sure had a" long winded conscious" if he did.
Then again there's a statute of limitations on bribery also and he probably knew that before speaking.
 daynadaze
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 8:24:16 AM
That episode of Celebrity Apprentice was odd. A lot of these people hold back calling a bigwig for a big donation until they are the project manager, because in that postilion you want to be the top donation getters. So there she was, refusing to call Cosby for a donation, that's what Celebrity Apprentice is all about, getting donations for charities from your big-money contacts. She barely brought in any money at all, she doesn't seem to know anyone to contact. It sounded like she hadn't any contact to Cosby since she was a child. But in the boardroom with Trump, she said she hadn't talked to Cosby for 5 years, that's not a very long time span given the situation in which she knows him, most celebrities wouldn't think a thing about someone they know who could donate a big sum, just because it's been 5 years. Nothing she said made any sense, and Trump wasn't buying it at all. There seems to be some kind of hold on the people who have worked with him, either they are supporting him by not saying much or they are afraid to say anything, or...I don't know, but the girl was sweating bullets trying to explain that she couldn't call him for a donation because she hasn't talked to him in 5 years. And again, that doesn't mean he's guilty, it's just that everything and everyone around him seems to be weird. Maybe they all had to sign some sort of agreement not to talk about him other than to praise, and I mean years ago, not recently.

Anyway, yes she deserved to be fired, and not just because she didn't call Cosby, but because she didn't do her job.
 _babblefish
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/12/2015 10:22:20 AM
to put some perspective on the opening monologue at last nights Golden Globes and the vitriolic condemnations that are now being thrown at Tina Fey and Amy Poehler some people need to dig a little deeper, they weren't running with the news of the day

back in 2005 Tina Fey did a SNL skit touching on the very topic, going on to say as much, if you poke the black
bear, you don't work

in 2009, she brought this to forefront on her 30rock show ...

i have to wonder who cosby has pissed off that 'hollywood' has now allowed this to leak, such a malodorous place
 vlad dracul
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 11:09:25 AM
I seen cosby waffling in the street to folk in canada on telly over here. He looked of his trolley to be honest. As stated he has pissed someone off big time.
Ive no read a great deal about the allegations to be honest but has it been one of those secrets that was commonish knowledge in luvvie circles?

I wonder if those who were ITK will now hang their heads in shame? The cult of celebrity has grown into something quite sinister and dark. Have any of
associates or colleagues from over the years made statements either defending him or verifying that the allegations have truth in them?

Im no sure if any of yous have heard of a geezer over here called jimmy saville? He was one of the bbc's top 'celebrities' he was basically allowed
to do anything he wanted. Now he is dead though what has emerged about him, and in no way am i saying the cosby/multiple rapes is trivial
but......
Oh and the bbc covered up his abuses for years. As did the most incompetent police authority in the uk. South yorkshire polis.

"Savile NHS victims aged five to 75 Jimmy Savile in November 1973
Ex-BBC DJ Jimmy Savile sexually assaulted victims aged five to 75 in NHS hospitals over decades of unrestricted access, investigators find.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20026910

"In September and October 2012, almost a year after his death, claims were widely publicised that the radio and television presenter Jimmy Savile had committed sexual abuse, his alleged victims ranging from prepubescent girls and boys to adults. By 11 October 2012 allegations had been made to 13 British police forces,[1] and this led to the setting-up of inquiries into practices at the BBC and within the National Health Service.

On 19 October the Metropolitan Police Service launched a formal criminal investigation, Operation Yewtree, into historic allegations of child sexual abuse by Savile and other people, some still living, over four decades. It stated that it was pursuing over 400 separate lines of inquiry, based on the claims of 200 witnesses, via 14 police forces across the UK. It described the alleged abuse as being "on an unprecedented scale", and the number of potential victims as "staggering".[2][3] By 19 December, eight people had been questioned as part of the investigation. The Metropolitan Police stated that the total number of alleged victims was 589, of whom 450 alleged abuse by Savile.[4][5]

The report of the investigations undertaken jointly by the police and the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC), Giving Victims a Voice, was published on 11 January 2013. It reported allegations covering a period of fifty years, including 214 alleged acts by Savile which, though uncorroborated, have been formally recorded as crimes, some involving children as young as eight. The report states "within the recorded crimes there are 126 indecent acts and 34 rape/penetration offences."[6] Alleged offences took place at 13 hospitals as well as on BBC premises, according to the report.[7][8] In October 2013 it was announced that inquiries had been extended to other hospitals.[9] On 26 June 2014, the Secretary of State for Health, Jeremy Hunt, reported on the findings of the investigations led by Kate Lampard. He said that Savile had sexually assaulted victims aged between five and 75 in NHS hospitals, and apologised to the victims.[10]

Much of Savile's career involved working with children and young people, including visiting schools and hospital wards. He spent 20 years presenting Top of the Pops before a teenage audience, and an overlapping 20 years presenting Jim'll Fix It, in which he helped the wishes of viewers, mainly children, come true. During his lifetime, two police investigations had looked into reports about Savile, the earliest known being in 1958, but none had led to charges; the reports had each concluded that there was insufficient evidence for any charges to be brought related to sexual offences.[11][12][13] In October 2012 it was announced that the Director of Public Prosecutions, Keir Starmer, would investigate why proceedings against Savile in 2009 were dropped."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile_sexual_abuse_scandal
 mike11091
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:18:31 AM

The cult of celebrity has grown into something quite sinister and dark.

I think a lot of it boils down to a balance of power, so to speak. People who want it, shouldn't have it.

Hell, I wouldn't trust myself with it. If I had money and power, no one would ever be able to find me...not saying I'd do terrible things with it, but I'd probably abuse it for drugs or large quantities of alcohol. They'd find me dead in a hotel room somewhere.

So I guess my logic is: one really shouldn't be surprised by celebrity "scandals".

Some of the best people I know put value people over money. This is generally not an acceptable way to accumulate wealth OR fame. Those who do, probably put more value on money and less on people. Sure, there are outliers, but in the land of the rich and famous, it shouldn't be terribly surprising that these people often don't appreciate other people's lives.

Hm. Thread is productive. Helped me develop a new outlook...
 cold_coffee
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/20/2015 3:38:48 PM

White men have been raping black women for eons.

It's actually quite true. Look at all the plantation owners who raped their "black" slave women.

Not true at all. The British colonies were strictly segregated. If the rape of black slaves was as common as you'd like to believe then we would have a large population of mixed-race people as is the case in many Latin American countries.

Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white. You can literally count on one hand the number of black women raped by white men in this country during any given year.
 calguy14
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:22:12 AM
Jay Leno

"You go to Saudi Arabia and you need two women to testify against a man.Here you need 25".
 The_Pearl
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/5/2017 1:20:52 PM
Sick of talking about dumbarse Trump..

Bill Cosby...finally in court after 58 women accusing him of drugging/rape..only one seems to be within the time limit.
Her incident/rape happened in 2004.
Being that he is 80 and when I heard him speak last...he has not got all his faculties anymore...that's my opinion.
What are your thoughts of him being charged or spending anytime in jail.....what do you think?
Will they be able to use his taped "confessions" in court against him?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/07/bill-cosby-andrea-constand-sexual-assault-trial
 dragonbytes
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2017 4:27:15 PM

Being that he is 80 and when I heard him speak last...he has not got all his Being that he is 80 and when I heard him speak last...he has not got all his faculties anymore...that's my opinion.
What are your thoughts of him being charged or spending anytime in jail.....what do you think?
Will they be able to use his taped "confessions" in court against him?
anymore...that's my opinion.

He is an actor, so maybe he is acting like he doesn't have all his faculties and is half blind ??

I don't know what will happen, but I think he should do some jail time.
 N2U16
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/5/2017 7:27:39 PM
I think we should watch the trial before talking about guilt and jail time.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2017 3:05:29 AM

I think we should watch the trial before talking about guilt and jail time.

I already decided he was guilty.

But since you feel people should not be judged before an actual trial, do you feel the same way about Hillary Clinton?
 The_Pearl
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/6/2017 6:09:16 AM
Yes...pretty sure with that many women coming forward with knowing they had nothing to gain...it's true.
I totally believe them. He is lucky he was wealthy and paid off a few of them in his day to silence them.
Even though he was drugging and raping...the victims felt they were in the wrong and were ashamed.
They trusted a man that could furthur their careers and put themselves in a bad situation.
Of course, that's how he baited so many.

I don't like the way our society on a whole has become today. If it's not on tape it didn't happen mentality.
I believe in the innocent and need to be proven quilty.
BUT...In this case, Cosby has done a deposition and admitted to raping and drugging.

But...I am betting he will get a slap on the wrist....due to his age and only the "one" that can take him to trial.
And I bet his own words will not be able to be brought into evidence.

watch the trial

I wonder if it is going to be televised....I'm thinking not.
 Maleman999
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/6/2017 6:32:07 AM

But since you feel people should not be judged before an actual trial, do you feel the same way about Hillary Clinton?

And I suppose there was no pre-judging during the O.J. Simpson trial. I never heard a person say "Let's wait to see if O.J. is found guilty before forming an opinion about guilt or innocence."
 The_Pearl
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/6/2017 7:11:59 AM
In the case of OJ...I kept an open mind.
But after literally watching most the trial....any layman could see he did it.
The blood trail, time line and his past abuse.

But the majority of the jury...didn't comprehend the DNA trail and fell for the white man framing/accusing a rich black man.
It got turned into a race trial....he had convincing lawyers and then that detective got caught in a lie....glad for the family...they won in a civil trial.
Karma....bit his arse in the end !!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Bill Cosby V. Multiple rapes