Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 25
Review?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yes but you'd just get angry with me..
I actually am here to help not harm
 SHS24
Msg: 26
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 5:57:29 PM
Ok what do you have to recommend?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 27
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 6:52:39 PM
POF leads with pictures, you only have 2.. go for 5.. at least one of you doing something
Interests - like a word salad, how exactly is mosh pits an Interest? Better to say the concerts you liked.
Friends - women already have friends - they are here if they are sincere to date, so you need a dating profile not a FB or a friends request
Bands - you list many, but you don;t say what it is that appeals to you about them. If you a metal head, embrace that.. if you like alte, embrace that
But Dumpling - what is it like to hang with you, to actually go on a date with you>
I am not saying to do a cookie cutter profile, I am saying to yourself be true.
You can't toss up a few lines about your fav bands, then get all pissy because women don't reply
One of the coolest reviewers here had one picture - but it was a kick azz no prisoners pictures
You are young, and there are a lot of Men your age here, there are a lot of women your age range looking for ego strokes, etc
So - Firstly, don;t just use this as your only venue to meet Women
Secondly
Go easy yet fast with your msgs, a few then ask to meet.
btw
I could be your grandmother - that said just because I'm old as dirt doesn't mean I don't know of what I speak
And
Young Man
You need to practice manners, good manners will open doors you thought locked down tight
Off to go play with my Puppy, my Man has a cold
Creeped you, us old people still have sex. A lot. LOL I wish I could see your face
 SHS24
Msg: 28
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 7:06:35 PM
Thank you for your contributions.
 SHS24
Msg: 29
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 7:10:30 PM

POF leads with pictures, you only have 2.. go for 5.. at least one of you doing something
Interests - like a word salad, how exactly is mosh pits an Interest? Better to say the concerts you liked.
Friends - women already have friends - they are here if they are sincere to date, so you need a dating profile not a FB or a friends request
Bands - you list many, but you don;t say what it is that appeals to you about them. If you a metal head, embrace that.. if you like alte, embrace that
But Dumpling - what is it like to hang with you, to actually go on a date with you>
I am not saying to do a cookie cutter profile, I am saying to yourself be true.
You can't toss up a few lines about your fav bands, then get all pissy because women don't reply
One of the coolest reviewers here had one picture - but it was a kick azz no prisoners pictures
You are young, and there are a lot of Men your age here, there are a lot of women your age range looking for ego strokes, etc
So - Firstly, don;t just use this as your only venue to meet Women
Secondly
Go easy yet fast with your msgs, a few then ask to meet.
btw
I could be your grandmother - that said just because I'm old as dirt doesn't mean I don't know of what I speak
And
Young Man
You need to practice manners, good manners will open doors you thought locked down tight
Creeped you, us old people still have sex. A lot. LOL I wish I could see your face

Can you suggest anything for the 'about me' section?
 SHS24
Msg: 30
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 7:15:53 PM

And
Young Man

So basically,
I am the opposite of what your type was
when you were young?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 31
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 7:20:58 PM
Doll, I could turn your hair to grey
I've always walked the edge.. I just learned how to play the game sooner.
You need, IMO to swallow the pride.. stop acting like you don't care and put in some work
or stfu about not getting replies :)
I'm back to liking Fall out Boy again.. that and I like rap and would be goth if I could pull it off..
Instead I don;t put in the coin for the grocery cart and feel all SOA
You know the black and decker, get on it
 SHS24
Msg: 32
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 7:29:51 PM

would be goth if I could pull it off..

Well you are beautiful enough.
 Forums_only
Msg: 33
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 8:46:10 PM

Can you suggest anything for the 'about me' section?

Considering this has gone for 2 pages and you've not yet made an effort, I will expect you will not be reading the thread on Profile Writing Tips so let's bottom-line it in really simple terms on what you need to do.

You will need a line on each of the following:

- what type of work you do and what you love about it
- what is your best personality trait and an example
- what your favourite thing(s) to do on the weekends are
- what your next favourite activity is and why
- what you are really looking for here (just friends, casual dating, or ultimately just one great girl)
- what personality type you find particularly attractive.

This should not be jammed up into one paragraph. Check you spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammar.

You've already been told you need more approachable photos. I truly hope you don't come back and ask us to write the rest of it for you, we can't go on your dates with you, y'know.

Please don't post again until you've made an effort.
 SHS24
Msg: 34
Review?
Posted: 11/22/2014 11:16:50 PM
Alright I've changed a few things, besides pics in which I am still working on.
 SHS24
Msg: 35
Review?
Posted: 11/23/2014 10:34:54 PM
Any more tips on the writing?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 36
Review?
Posted: 11/24/2014 5:44:19 AM
Try and give her a glimpse of what it is like to date you rather than just repeating your Interests
Instead of just listing bands why not mention the concerts you attended, a song that moves you, etc
You should put in what you do for work - independent isn't a profession.
Take out Party from the Interests.. makes you sound like you just wanna have fun24/7
First date is the first meet - say what you have planned, remember to keep it easy and public, if you connect then you go on a date :/
Remove the msg me line, women know what to do.. sides seems like Men on POF have to make first contact
 SHS24
Msg: 37
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 7:19:42 AM

Remove the msg me line, women know what to do.. sides seems like Men on POF have to make first contact

Haha nice one. Enforce those gender roles and stereotypes. I will not succumb to it.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 38
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 7:33:05 AM
And how many dates is your non-conformist strategy getting you?

Ouija2025
Msg: 39
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 7:38:41 AM
Sigh
Having " msg me" is rather like the warning tags on things
" do not use hair dryer in bathtub"
"Product can cause choking"
"Objects are closer than they appear"
If every person on POF KNOWS to msg if they are interested why be Capt. Obvious?
 SHS24
Msg: 40
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 7:47:07 AM

And how many dates is your non-conformist strategy getting you?

I'm getting messages on a pretty regular basis.

Messages as in them messaging me first, not me messaging them.

All while you sit here and act like you know everything. :)
 Tiny_danc3r
Msg: 41
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 1:22:24 PM

like :)

But since you asked... A few more pictures... though the ones you have are appealing, in a brooding kind of way, but I'd be nice if you had a few more. A description of your personality type. If you are looking for casual friends with benefits type relationship or open to something more... What kind of companion are you?

If you are getting the kind and quality of responses you want, your profile is probably fine. If you are looking for a particular type, then I'd revamp it to attract that kind of person.

Happy fishing.
 SHS24
Msg: 42
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 1:46:45 PM
Thank you for posting Tiny_danc3r, more pics is the next thing I need to fix up my profile a little more.

I like what you've done with your profile, nice pics. Beautiful eyes and a lovely smile.
 Tiny_danc3r
Msg: 43
Review?
Posted: 12/11/2014 2:12:51 PM

I like what you've done with your profile, nice pics. Beautiful eyes and a lovely smile.

See... proof that you can be charming, add some of that to your profile. :)
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 44
Review?
Posted: 12/12/2014 1:30:45 AM

Messages from your other fake accounts don't count :P

Your bitter, jaded posts in the other forum seem to completely contradict what you've written here.

If it's true (which I very much doubt) then why are you posting here?
 tatersprout
Msg: 45
Review?
Posted: 12/12/2014 7:25:31 AM

Then why are you here for advice?
If it's working, Keep it all as is!
Men rarely get messaged first so your profile is perfect.
 SHS24
Msg: 46
Review?
Posted: 12/12/2014 9:50:34 AM

Then why are you here for advice?
If it's working, Keep it all as is!
Men rarely get messaged first so your profile is perfect.

I started receiving more messages after I changed up my profile some. It's a lot different from when I first asked for a profile review. Still not getting many responses to sent messages, which is what I was complaining about to begin with, but still working on it.
 tatersprout
Msg: 47
Review?
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:03:31 AM
Ok, then you really need to work on those pics because they are the most important part.
Do some selfies with front facing cam on phone and make sure the lighting is good.

You want them to be really clear and not fuzzy and facial expression is warm and approachable.
If they don't like your pics, they won't bother reading the text.

When I was active here, I found that certain pics really attracted more attention. (I had a lot more pics up)
 SHS24
Msg: 48
Review?
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:39:30 AM
Do you prefer outdoor pics?
 tatersprout
Msg: 49
Review?
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:47:01 AM
Absolutely!
There's something about natural lighting that cant be beat!
You have the benefit of location, so take advantage of that.
Take a whole bunch and use the best.
Ask someone else to snap a few if you can.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Review?