Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > need help with attraction issue      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 46
need help with attraction issuePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I am indeed trying but I want so desperately for someone to comfort me, it really does seem overwhelming. Everything about me feels wrong and ugly.

I can't thank you enough for your help.
 petula1908
Msg: 47
need help with attraction issue
Posted: 11/23/2014 8:02:51 PM
the guy keeps contacting you because he may be quite like you and that you are being elusive now fuels his interest.
I don't know why you would want to keep in touch and why don't you just block him?? He wont die if you do and he will just move on. If you are afraid you willl come off looking callous, so what?? He is a stranger really but not in you mind, which is the problem. Remember he is only a figure in cyberspace. He could be writing from gaol, be a naughty schoolboy, anyone.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/24/2014 1:16:32 AM
You must have skipped directly to the end. Reading about someone else's problem has got to be boring for you. He has already been blocked and has moved on, I stated that a couple of days ago.

I try to always remember there are real people in cyberspace, with real feelings, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" notwithstanding. I only forget when they p!ss me off.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/24/2014 6:46:42 AM
I have just finished the recommended video and came back to make a comment. In doing so I read my above post in reference to Petula's comment. It 'reads' beetchy to me and I am sorry. My feathers are ruffled and when they are I think I lash out at the least (Imagined) provocation.

That video from the Seattle guys? Holy freaking crap! A lot of things in my life are starting to make sense on so many levels. Behaviors I have had that I could never understand. I highly recommend to anyone reading along in this thread (that may be having the same problems as I) that you check out the things Flaneur001 has suggested. I especially loved the 'Tough or Bluff' segment at the end. I have always found listening to smart cultured guys having conversations just delightful, I can hold my own in conversations with such guys ONLY if I am not romantically attracted to them. And I see another video in the youtube list by the same Seattle people entitled "Flirting", got it cued up already. What I thought was flirting may not have been and may offer more clues I can learn from.

I am going to stop watching this thread for replies now, I have a lot to work on and I want to get busy.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > need help with attraction issue