Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > A LOT of men and women on this site have unrealistic expectations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 144
A LOT of men and women on this site have unrealistic expectationsPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Most people aren't "the one" when we first meet them. They become the one as we get to know them

well this is the way it has worked with me.

the women that I have had relationships with started out very rocky.

upon meeting me through a mutual friend and conversing for a while "Barb" called me "weasel" and kicked my shins under the table. couple of months later we were going steady.
 ryuoki
Msg: 145
view profile
History
A LOT of men and women on this site have unrealistic expectations
Posted: 3/1/2015 8:35:30 PM

Shoes is a really REALLY terrible horsesh*t example for comparison. How many MILLIONs of women have shoes that they bought simply because they looked 'hot' at the time or that completed a 'look' they wanted, only to wear them once, find out they hurt their feet and then - not exchange them - but dump them into a corner of the closet?

Exactly the point I was going for. Because every pair of shoes can be like people.

When I buy boots I guess I have an average length of foot for my height (what ever average is, I am considerably proportional in almost every way). Problem is anything that is just right in length won't fit me in width. Even getting boots specified wide at proper length is still too tight, so I go at least a half size larger and my foot still stretches them out.

Needless to say, one does not know another person till they spend time with them. Any preconceived notions can seriously be cutting ones nose off to spite their face in regards to attaining the relationship they are aiming for.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > A LOT of men and women on this site have unrealistic expectations