Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think about negs????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greatblah
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What do you think about negs????Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Attention seeking, ok, or utterly lame. And that's my lame post for the day!
 Erin_Cat
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What do you think about negs????
Posted: 11/27/2014 8:33:39 AM
He has a sweet side, very much so. When I bumped my head I was expecting him to laugh but instead he asked me with genuine concern if I bumped my head and if I was okay (he didn't see it but he heard it). Then at the end of the night that we were drinking he hugged me and said, "Be careful, okay?" Now, obviously I wasn't driving. None of us were. He didn't want me to go to any strange man's hotel room and be taken advantage of! All I'm saying is that he has a really good heart.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2014 8:37:36 AM
Why are you obsessing about some married guy, OP?

You sound like a fifteen year old.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/27/2014 9:41:58 AM
I think they work with some women.
 Dee4166
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2014 10:44:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Apparently so....
 daynadaze
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2014 11:21:12 AM
Ever notice how many people will defend someone who's crass at best, often verbally abusive at worst, by saying they have a good heart? The guy is married, he said things to you that a socially inept child would say, and you are hanging onto every word and hoping someone here will tell you he loves you and wants you and just can't say it with the love he must really feel inside for you..... :-P Ask yourself, are you really that lonely? I don't mean to be harsh, but the guy sounds like a jerk, but again, to each his own.
 Erin_Cat
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2014 11:54:12 AM
I don't want anyone to say that. I do not chase this man. I have never contacted him, nor would I. I just want him to be happy. Even if I never see him again.
 Mz_Dressup
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/27/2014 11:56:57 AM
Yeah, she's definitely twelve.
 Coma_White
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2014 12:50:51 PM
The guy sounds like a player and is saying really immature things. At the same time, lots of co-workers make jokes with each other if they are friends. Nothing he said was a "neg" though. A neg is something you use if you're approaching someone that's drop dead gorgeous and you don't want to appear like the 10th guy that said: "Hey.. um. you're hot, can I like.. um.. have your number, or buy you a drink or something?"
 petula1908
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/27/2014 3:59:38 PM
You have a crush on him and it would be best if you don't see him again because getting involved with a married man, who probably has gals in every airport, knows how to reel you in and get your attention even if it is negging, would be a one way street for heartache for you. The uniform goes to the head of some of these pilots and they think they are God's gift...

I don't know how old you are but you do sound immature.

Coma white, don't encourage her with this. lol!!
 Erin_Cat
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2014 7:08:35 PM
Yes it is partly a crush, but it is schoolgirl innocent and romantic. I do not have an obsessive crush on him. An obsessive crush means you contact the person (which I never have...I don't even have any of his contact info nor have I ever tried nor would I ever try to get it) and basically pursue him/her. He doesn't even work with me anymore; he got another job. I really love him because again I will reiterate: I just wish for him to be happy, even if it means I'll never see him again. So that's the opposite of pursuing. If I had to choose between my seeing him again and him having every happiness, I would choose him having every happiness. Because I know my wanting to see him again is for my own selfish reasons. (By the way, I have two older married female friends both in their 50's and when I described this to them they told me that what I feel for him is real love because they said real love is wanting the other person to be happy no matter what).

By the way you want to talk about mean? This man is not mean. There is nothing he has said to me that is bad. I'll give you mean! One example: this stupid guy I grew up with in my town. Do you know what he said to me last year? He told me I'm built like a 13-year-old girl!! Not only is that mean but it makes absolutely no sense because I have a 32C bust and curvy hips. Another example: my recent date, this older man in his late 50's. I told him I had one sexual partner, and he said: "Oh, who was it? Yourself??" Really mean-spirited. Both comments gave me a complex for weeks. A third example: another local guy a few years older than I am who saw me walk into the bar and sighed loudly, "Oh, God!" THOSE are mean things to say! Not mimicking me saying "freshen up". Not "What is she doing now? She's always moving!!" when in fact that is a perfectly legitimate observation of me...I am in fact a very restless person. Those other guys were being mean and nasty. The pilot was being like the boy in the schoolyard pulling the little girl's pigtails.
 petula1908
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/27/2014 8:10:30 PM
OMG you are 37!!! Hard to believe. And you are allowing some mean spirited guy affect your self esteem by some chance remark?? Not the pilot. It is always a reflection of them, not you. Especially if it is illogical. What guy on a date with a woman he hopes to bed will make a mean remark calculated to hurt? I hope you just got up and left him to it. He should be glad in his fifties he even had a date with someone twenty years younger. I wouldnt be telling these bozos anything about your past intimate life. You sound so ingenuous and naive that I wonder where you have been all your life. You may only be a schoolgirl posting of course........
 blueguy99881
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/27/2014 8:15:59 PM
What's a neg? Good gawd you women on here are pieces of work I swear. Im happy to be a simple guy.
 Coma_White
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2014 12:59:27 AM

What's a neg? Good gawd you women on here are pieces of work I swear. Im happy to be a simple guy.

It was already explained in this thread and the other one that was linked. Neg = a statement that negates your interest.
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/28/2014 5:55:00 PM
I'll take a wild guess, that the emotions that come from this crush, make the day less boring or less stressful or they give you a mental holiday from the tedium.

sometimes, friends support what we do b/c....well, they think like we do. who wants to be around a negative person who keeps shooting down what we think and do?

If the light of your eyes said the "mean" things those other guys said, and put the right inflection into his voice...they may come off as no different as the comments you originally attributed to him. "Creepiness" usually isn't the behavior, its our lack of attraction to the person doing it. a person we want to be intimate with, discussing their desire to be intimate with us, is a relief and a confirmation. someone we'd never want to have sex with, discussing their desire to have sex with us, is a burden we never asked for.
 Erin_Cat
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 8:04:25 AM
Oh and just one more quick thing...he contradicts EVERYTHING I say! I could say the grass is green and he would say it's blue. Yet when I made an (admittedly out of jealousy) comment about Scarlett Johansson (I said I saw a picture in which her nose looks big and that she looks like Lady Gaga in the photo), he didn't say one single word! I thought for sure, considering he had been contradicting everything I said, that he would have jumped at the chance to say how hot Scarlett Johansson is!! Most guys I know would. He stayed quiet. It's just interesting: he's never liked Britney Spears' looks and he seems indifferent to Scarlett Johansson's. I have no idea what his taste is. Lol!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/29/2014 8:34:42 AM
OP, aren't you a little old to be acting like a 14 year old? This whole post says more about you than it does about him. He's making fun of you, at your expense, because you're an easy target. He is playing with you and he is pointing out to all in ear shot just how immature you are. I'd find you annoying to be around so I'd probably screw with your head too. Grow up, you're making the rest of us females look bad. This Scarlett Johansson/Lady Gaga/Britney Spears thing proves my point.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2014 9:56:44 AM
Really none of it means anything, I have female friends and I argue with them all the time because I'm an argumentative person. I'm not flirting with them at all, I'm just arguing to argue. Everything you've described so far is playful banter and I don't think negging means what you think it means.

As for the act of negging itself, I've already placed my thoughts here on it, I think it's dumb myself, I personally feel we're all adults and I'm not playing stupid, childish games in order to show interest but that's my approach.
 Erin_Cat
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2014 8:54:00 AM
Well we had a dynamic. And no one can take that away from me! I'very had enough taken away in my life. By the way, this guy's ridiculously handsome. So he can ignore any female he wants. And why would people I work with be under the impression that he & I did something (not intercourse, but something)? A few weeks ago there was a guy who said, "You're a lucky man, Joe*!!" when this Captain (a different pilot) and I got off the elevator on the same floor.

*Name has been changed.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/30/2014 9:49:17 AM
Man, you ARE like a 14 year old. You're like those folks that see the image of jesus in burned toast or a puppy in clouds. You are making far more of this than that is there...you're stoking your own ego. As many of us have said "grow up".
 Coma_White
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2014 2:09:29 PM

And why would people I work with be under the impression that he & I did something (not intercourse, but something)?

Yeah, I really have no idea how someone would ever get that impression.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/30/2014 10:20:27 PM

Well we had a dynamic. And no one can take that away from me! I'very had enough taken away in my life.

There is no "we". You're talking about another woman's husband---and yes, someone can take him away from you. That someone is his wife. Your obsessive interest in him is inappropriate. Be a good Catholic girl---find your own man and leave hers alone.
 daynadaze
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2014 11:07:00 PM
Anyone smell that bunny boiler water steaming away?
 blueguy99881
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/30/2014 11:22:26 PM
Lol. Typical women.
 Erin_Cat
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2014 12:00:23 PM
He loves crushes. This gay male flight attendant has a crush on him and he knows it, and the FA said he wants to do something with him and that they would make a good couple because they think alike. The pilot eats it up with a spoon!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you think about negs????