Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 74
Stuck up???Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
You know I am sorry you are feeling damaged
However
The next time you think you refer to a Woman as Miss Thang
I suggest you know the words will haunt
Wanna fight.. pick your battles carefully..
You are attacking Reviewers
If you don't like what they have to say
Well they are not commenting on YOUR profile are they?
 CTRLvector
Msg: 75
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/13/2014 7:00:59 PM
This is a battle? Really? Because she got her panties in a bunch over the OPs profile - I pointed out the hypocrisy of her statements. She got her panties in a bunch over my statement, decided to write a bunch of nonsense and garbage about me. I made her look stupid for being stupid... I mean you can read right? Why am I explaining this?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 76
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/13/2014 7:07:51 PM

Well I dont know about other women, but I dont wade..IF the main pic is not attractive to me then I delete ( 90 %) , if he IS attractive to me and then he sounds like an azz/reads as cliche/boring/delusional/dates 25 year olds or self centered in first paragraph, I delete.

Yeah must be nice, just don't go bragging about the capability to which you are able to blatantly dismiss men for anything that doesn't display the perfection you've come to demand.

It isn't quite common knowledge, but it is common enough. A lot of guys get really upset about women acting as you do, as you are with a sense of irritation that any perceived failing is below you. And it could simply be your interpretation of the person, a profile never does anyone justice, I don't care how elaborate you make it.

I don't see where Peppermint was bragging. She was just stating a simple fact that if a person's main photo isn't attractive, many people, including herself, won't bother to read the profile---and if they do read it, but the profile is negative in some way, e.g. the person sounds boring, defensive, or self-centered, they will take a pass. I think this is true of both men and women.

It's not your place to be attacking and getting personal with other profile reviewers because you disagree with their advice. It sounds to me like you've got a chip on your shoulder and you're doing a lot of projecting and bringing your own negativity towards women into this profile review thread, where it doesn't belong.

My reply to her serves to explain my position on the OP's profile. In that I don't find it rude, in fact I would bet dollars to donuts the OP is 100% nicer than miss thang.

What's with the name-calling? If anyone here is not being very nice, it's you. Grow up.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 77
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/13/2014 7:42:01 PM
Oh did I start it? Can you read? Ill give you a cookie if you can figure out who started with the low blows first.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 79
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/14/2014 2:26:42 AM

a reply to her unfounded outrage toward me.

I'm laughing not angry.
You don't get my humor and seem to be the one outraged.

she got her panties in a bunch over the OPs profile

Panties? WTF wears panties?
WTH gets outraged at someone elses profile unless it attacks kids and puppies or makes fun of gang rape?

OP does not offend ME at all. I know why she writes what she does.

Best advise sincerely OP . Look at profiles YOU want to contact you unhidden and most will e mail you or you e mail men you find interesting/attractive.

I made her look stupid for being stupid... I mean you can read right? Why am I explaining this?

I dont know why you are
I am stupid , I have a nice rejection letter from Georgetown from 1981, MENSA refused me membership 5 times . I'm still trying, but its the puzzles and math "sheet" that messes me up, I swear.
Oh,and 2 men turned me down in the last week for not speaking Mandarin( seems Mandarin is IN now) Who knew?

Have a shot of TA KILL YA or two and chill.
Shrimp cocktail with loads of horseradish on the side , kick up your bare feet feet and put on some Iggy or Jimmy Buffet and have some fun.
This ain't rocket science or so serious.
I have a gold plated crow bar if you need to pry anything loose from some orifice first.

Thats entertaaaainment

oldfashmntman
Msg: 85
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/16/2014 4:25:58 AM

^^^^It is not a matter of misunderstanding you.

From everything I have read from Alex it is indeed a matter of misunderstanding, as with Peppermints comments I can't say I disagree with any of your comments in general, meaning for most that would ask for a review.

It is you not grasping what is being said to you.

I think Alex grasps what is being said quite well, you think see needs to "lighten up/soften" or however one wants to define it so a higher number of men are not "offended" by her text, in most cases that would be very good advice.

You asked; we responded.
Don’t listen, go on with what you’ve been doing although you acknowledge your way is not working for you.

From what I can gather, this is where the misunderstanding is coming in. Alex has never said her profile isn't "working" in the way most define "working". What she has said is it attracts too many men that are not compatible, and she doesn't have the time or desire to meet them to find that out, she needs her profile to do that for her.

At 23, almost everyone you encounter is single. You should not even need a dating site given you have a university and its many outlets, a jog, hobbies…if you were all that you’d be flooded with dates.

Once again, misunderstanding on some of the reviewers parts. I have never seen where Alex has asked how to "get dates", quite to the contrary it is the "problem", her request for help is kind of 180 counter to most that ask for help.

Given that you are dateless there is likely a problem; and that problem may be the way you present yourself; how you come across.

Nowhere in this request has Alex ever said she is dateless. THAT is largely what many are missing in her request, they are trying to help her get dates, when "dates" has been very clearly stated is not what she is trying to accomplish.

Humility, appreciation of men is a good thing.

I couldn't agree more, but to my way of thinking being up front about ones flaws is in a way humility. I have never seen anything that would indicate a lack of appreciation for men in her profile or comments in counterpoint.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 87
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/16/2014 8:21:17 PM
Ugh. Well at least your honest that your vain. Not everyday some one admits that. You do come off rather as superfical and materialistic. Real quality guys avoid that type of female FYI.

Your not my type, and even if u were, I'd still make a run for it. That grouchy look on ur face is depressing. You outta see a shrink

I think you just need to loosen up. You strike me as the type to take things so literally.

Your still young, so maybe it's you that has growing up to do? Why rush to meet someone? Experience life, really find out things about yourself. Perhaps expand your mind a bit? I think ur so focused on a guys looks.

I'm not trying to be a prick. Just giving honest advice.

Oh and tone down the high standard talk. Makes you sound like a entitled princess
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 88
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/18/2014 4:02:56 AM
I still read that you mention "getting laid".( doesnt matter the context)
Its not a good idea and has nothing to do with first e mails that are sexual.
I have received ONE in many many years and had on a turtle neck and blue jeans.
But it will get to that in many cases on a meet.

I have talked with "gentlemen:" before meeting, then they ask the most bodacious, inappropriate questions on a first or second date. Thats what I am referring too. Leave any sexual wording /innuendo out.

I have heard over a very nice dinner "what do you think of oral?" Try getting that scallop down after that.To funny and a bit of a shocker from MR Church.
He prayed over our meal just 5 min befor
That cost him a couple of floo floo drinks, the azzhat..

Another really offensive question was do you "shave". First date after meet. WTF ???
He wasn't talking about my legs since I did have on a dress.

Its yours, you will change it from time to time and see what is working and what isn't.
You will always get men e mailing just like they hit on you irl that you do not have any interest in. Thats just the way it is.
But GOOD LUCK
 blueguy99881
Msg: 92
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/18/2014 7:15:57 PM
I'll probably get lashed out for this but facts are facts. It is a female straight thing to be kinda uptight and very stuck up. Most so of American women. Demanding men that make a lot of money and having the best looks. Dating is a tough world for average guys. Ladies no longer give those guys a chance anymore.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 94
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:02:10 PM
I don't think op is diserable. Why u date her, oz? And learn to spell while u at it.
 SHS24
Msg: 95
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:21:30 PM
Is it wrong if I think OP is desirable lol.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 98
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/19/2014 10:08:06 AM
smoker part ok that is understandable. All the girls I dated smokes so I guess like attracts like right? And I will not quit smoking for anyone. It's the wrong idea. Only for ones self is to make a change. I got too much going in my life at the moment.

Average body a bad thing really?? Lmao!! You are a piece of work young lady. It's so funny how guys are the ones that only care about looks according to society. It's u women that are no different.

You come off as a stuck snob. Belive me I wouldn't want to date u either. I don't find u attractive for one. Two u have this "I'm better than you attitude" so ya, Women like u can just hit the road. Not worth the time. You don't know me anyway.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 99
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/19/2014 10:17:56 AM
And ozsealady, I'm tired of you appearing everywhere I go or should I say stalking me again. Stop!!!
 blueguy99881
Msg: 102
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/19/2014 12:58:51 PM
Do what ya have to do. You just come off has condencening. Assumeing I'm a lazy very ugly person. That's why I think ur stuck up. And u just seem so worried about looks. I think ur in competition with other women, getting that trophy guy to show off. But hey that's you. I can careless. bases on the look on ur face, I can easily label you a certain term of a princess. But... I better watch my young.

I notice your kinda pudgy with some acne on ur face. Your face needs attention big time.
 cwbayn9525
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/19/2014 3:03:45 PM
Hey, I just wanted to say I think your profile is great. You are a good interesting person and while that guy may think you are stuck up, I think you know who you are and what you want in life. I'm sure you'll find a guy very soon that is perfect for you.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/19/2014 11:22:30 PM
Pics are good, interests list is good. I think the about me and first date section may be a too long winded.

I would keep paragraphs 1,9, and 10 and cut the rest. On the first date section just keep the Thai food sentence.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 107
Stuck up???
Posted: 12/20/2014 12:52:43 AM
Great profile.
You'll be quite a catch to the right man.
Nothing wrong with being confident.
The only thing that stuck me was this:

"retire to a tropical island where the only people allowed are eye candy and reasonably intelligent"

Yeah...we may all daydream that but I would not advertise it.
Been to plenty of beaches.
Totally admit that seeing ugly, fat people in swimsuits or their birthday suits isn't appealing.
But neither is life....AND the you'd be surprised at the quality >intelligence/entertaining and soulfulness of some of those people that are not blessed with good looks like yourself.
Personally, a beach full of nothing but Kens and Barbies would make me vomit.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >