Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > is my profile specific enough?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 25
is my profile specific enough?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Why waste real estate going on about what you don't want? When you go to rent a vid you spend hours there saying all the movies you don't want to see? Do you practice non ordering in a cafe?
You are a big man.. be nice to see a grin picture so you look approachable
I like your Main, but then I have a thing for Vin
" running the streets" k, if it hasn't been used for eons then lose it. Lots of places are open after 2am.
Good grief I just looked at the calendar and bedamned it is 2014 soon to be 2015.. you might want to get back to the future :/
 morta1ez
Msg: 26
view profile
History
is my profile specific enough?
Posted: 12/6/2014 1:45:56 PM

Why waste real estate going on about what you don't want? When you go to rent a vid you spend hours there saying all the movies you don't want to see? Do you practice non ordering in a cafe?

actually it is more like I am the video store saying no shirt, no shoes, no service.
I actually agree with you, I would think most of what is on my list is common sense, but alas it seems not, unless I start dating women in their 70's and 80's who were raised in a time more conducive to long term relationships.

You are a big man.. be nice to see a grin picture so you look approachable

I have really been trying, but I seem to have a much better brooding face than smiling one.
Brooding face: I look like i should be on a fire escape on a rainy night ready to jump down on a couple of drug dealers.
When I smile I look like a brown skinned version of shrek ready to attack a plate of cookies.

" running the streets" k, if it hasn't been used for eons then lose it. Lots of places are open after 2am.
Good grief I just looked at the calendar and bedamned it is 2014 soon to be 2015.. you might want to get back to the future

I have a messed up relationship with the future. I love the fact that I live in the future now, and use technology on a daily basis that was only seen in scifi novels and movies during my childhood.
the drawback? we no longer have social expectation that force people to do the right thing in relationships.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 27
Posted: 12/6/2014 2:30:55 PM
well once Lilith was kicked outta Eden it all went downhill.
You don't need to force/be forced/ to do " the right thing" in a relationship ( whatever that means)
So while I appreciate a handsome, tall brooding Man I imagine you alarm a few women. Intense. Like you;d stare at them til they cried.
So - except for 70 year old women ( cause of course they have excellent morals.. there is the worlds oldest brotel owner, Dom, etc ) but
Why not idk
go for a more mellow approach on your profile?
 ScooterSB
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2014 3:07:56 PM
I honestly do not know why you have come to this forum.

This forum is filled with people who will give you feedback on making your profile better, everyone here wants the best for you in your dating searches.

Yet every piece of advice you have been give has been thrown back.

You profile is perfect leave it as it is.
 morta1ez
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2014 4:17:09 PM

I honestly do not know why you have come to this forum.

This forum is filled with people who will give you feedback on making your profile better, everyone here wants the best for you in your dating searches.

Yet every piece of advice you have been give has been thrown back.

actually it was at your suggestion I added to my profile, a few of my likes and interests.

and you may notice I replaced a few of my photos. trying to create a theme.
 morta1ez
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:37:36 AM
Well I added more likes and interests, and new photos.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/25/2014 8:17:29 AM
Yeah you're going to want to not explain to women what your definition of acceptable is.

I mean I get it, you know, we all take a beating sometimes. But when we take that beating, and the butt starts hurting. Well, it means one of two things.

1 She took your emotions for granted, that manipulative cur! Now your butthurt, and that translates to baggage that needs resolution, or at least not to be put on blast as though you're still unstable from prior experience.
Or
2 She wasn't a women after all! And your butthurting and vague memory of the night before probably involved rohypnol!

I get it, the club was dark, it can happen to anyone. No worries.

No butthurt emotional stuff, otherwise you know, I write stuff like this.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/25/2014 11:48:54 AM
Your profile, as is, is horrendous.

A GOOD WOMAN IS NOT!:
1. materialistic.
2. Hard to get a hold of.
3. a woman that runs the streets.
4. a woman that talks to or flirts with other men.
5. a woman who puts her friends ahead of her partner.
6. a woman who enters into a relationship knowing she does not have time for one.
7. a woman who uses sex as a bargaining tool.
8. a woman who withholds sex as a punishment.
9. a woman who will leave a man when he is down.
10. a woman who bails at the first disagreement instead of working it out together.

In other words, you want a woman who shouldn't trust her instincts and decide what's best for her life, even if it doesn't include you; who shouldn't say no to when YOU demand sex and submit to being raped by you; who shouldn't have male friends; who should always have sex to avoid threats and your whining; who doesn't seek space (or flee from you) when you emotionally smother her; who shouldn't avoid answering your calls, even when she is in the loo; who shouldn't earn money and invest in property or if she does to give all of that to you or not expect you to earn your own living; who shouldn't walk on the streets at any hour, even if it's coming home from work; who shouldn't work out of fear you'll admonish her for not having time for you; who shouldn't escape you when your idea of ducking an argument is avoiding your fist.

A GOOD WOMAN IS:

A. a woman who puts her partner first in life.
B. a woman behaves in public in a way that builds trust.
C. a woman who when alone with her partner does things that would make a sailor blush.
D. a woman who is faithful.
E. a woman who does not put herself in situations where she can be unfaithful.
F. a woman who makes it a point to have plenty of time for her man.
G. a woman that believes love is enough.

Ah, you want the woman who puts you first and forgets about her children, her parents, her friends, her education and employment, to worship you; materializes your idea that being subservient to you is going to build trust in herself; a woman who should perform kinky sex acts with you, even though she utterly resents and despises you; a woman who can be relied upon to be faithful to an abusive, oppressive, and controlling **stard; a woman who shouldn't trust herself when she's at work, in a classroom, or using a communal bathroom at a male relative's house; a woman who just quits her job, family, education, dreams and goals to care for a middle-aged toddler; and a woman should just believe that some shameless man who thinks all of this controlling and disturbing desires is love, is doing this for love.

A poet, my ass.
You know what...Cancel your account and seek a psychologist.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/25/2014 2:07:31 PM
^^^All of this.

I saw this profile review on day 1. I see OP isn't budging. How fun!
 ScooterSB
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2014 4:06:44 PM
my advice still stands

SMILE (only not in a serial killer way)

No point asking for more advice when you wont take what you have already been given
 petula1908
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/26/2014 3:16:23 AM
morta 1ez

You should be so lucky as to have the options to "weed out" anybody in reality. Good or bad. Most men struggle to get dates on sites like this and I kinda think you may be one of them. Specific??? You are a right pain the ass, totalling offputting to most females I would say, on here.
 morta1ez
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:23:08 AM
Ok since most of you seem to think I am a horrible person for wanting to find love and not be hurt in the process how would you guys word my profile in a way that presents what I seek in a less off putting way?

I feel I keep running into trouble because I did not express my need enough from the beginning leading to misunderstandings.

I have had enough relationships to know what I want and dont want. And I must not be too evil as almost every woman that has ever dumped me has tried to get back with me at some point(usually 1 - 3 months later), but once I have been hurt I cant go back.

What is so wrong with wanting a real relationship as opposed to what passes for one these days.
 tatersprout
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:43:01 AM
You've been offered the advice, yet argue every inch of the way.
What more is there to say?

Love can hurt.
Can't avoid it.
Your wall is so high and so thick.
You're actually not open to love when you are so busy protecting yourself.

You just come across as angry and demanding.
What woman will sign up for that?
Not expressing your needs isn't the problem...your inflexibility is.
 morta1ez
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:59:34 AM

You've been offered the advice, yet argue every inch of the way.
What more is there to say?

actually I have added new photos, I added info on things I like. (music taste, types of movies I like etc etc....)
only thing left is to build a time machine and go back to 1991 and avoid the tall blond I married.
 Forums_only
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/17/2016 10:01:39 AM
BUMP

OP, THIS IS YOUR 3RD REVIEW REQUEST, RULES AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD INDICATE THIS IS A 'ONE PER CUSTOMER' DEAL.

IT'S ONLY FAIR ANYONE WISHING TO OFFER SUGGESTIONS GET THE WHOLE PICTURE...
 Forums_only
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/17/2016 12:58:31 PM
Bumping again, kids. Do read the thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > is my profile specific enough?