Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 billybonds
Msg: 32
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIMEPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think the "guys" are right. It's obvious that ladies and gentlemen are on here to meet someone and that as
disgustingly as it seems to us less shallow types, both sexes would prefer emaciated, solvent, shoe emporium
types. What you did goodmindto was to point out their perverted ways, it is all ungallant, deceitful and trite.

vvvvv Light, I don't think we need any moderation the girls are handling the bigotry with aplomb. ah tea and milk chocolate hobnobs ....lovely... very civilised.
 Jo van
Msg: 35
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/21/2014 11:25:48 AM
Yeah Billy !!!
That's you told, with your hoping for a rub off, from the ladies.

Back on-topic, I don't normally stray into the "relationship" type threads, well, it wouldn't be fair.
But it seems to me that it's no different here, to 'real-life'; that's to say, if you get ignored most of the time, then you probably will here, too.
I was never ignored here, when I had pictures.
I had to take them down, when I realised what some of the "ladies" were 'using' them for.
One woman had had me 'laminated'.
I felt so soiled.....

Women are such 'visual' creatures, with 'one-track-minds' too.
They're only after one thing; cheap, meaningless, rampant sex.
I see how they look at me.
Undressing me with their eyes, and then re-dressing me again, in something 'more fashionable'.
I can't tell sometimes, whether they're "wetter than an otter's pocket", or just 'moister than a mermaid's merkin', as they say...
I crave to be ignored,
why can't they just leave me alone..?
I'm not just a 'sex-object'.
Men have feelings too.

That is all....
HTH
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 36
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/21/2014 2:23:04 PM
I don't like shoes that much and only have one pair at a time until they wear out... I still do that bloke though if he asked nicely.

Hob nobs - well what can I say...

OP profile is ok, but so is everyones, it has to be extra special, or the reader in a certain mood, I find.....

Goodess! is that a G? I was always put in that at school, I hated it...
 billybonds
Msg: 37
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/21/2014 2:43:27 PM
Billy you are one of those guys who side with women in the hope favour rubs off on you.... it doesn't work they will find it boring.

It seems..... like it's you that tries those things.....reading between the lines.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott. Fitzgerald.

For someone with a Bachelor's degree, I think you're not terribly sophisticated goodmindto. :(
 billybonds
Msg: 38
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/21/2014 10:22:17 PM
It's just that she cut me up in her car in the eighties Mysti .
I don't really hold a near three decade grudge :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 39
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/22/2014 3:24:08 AM
Notts - that's a good way of giving yourself tendonitis or plantar fasciitis. Wearing one pair of shoes then breaking new ones in just ain't clever. Mind, it's what I do. And get the above
 Alan_CD
Msg: 46
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:36:13 AM
My first post on here, although been on POF for ages.

I've read through this thread and it's struck a chord with me. I rarely get views and get ignored ninety nine per cent of the time.
Yet, like the OP, all my messages are perfectly polite and I have gone to the bother to see if there is at least some common ground before writing. What happens? Read/ Deleted! Sometimes I feel like sending another saying 'Just what is your problem?' But I don't as if they're that stuck-up I probably wouldn't want to know them anyway.
Maybe it's me? Maybe it's because I was brought up to be courteous, polite and not to ignore others and perhaps those to whom I have written didn't get that.
Except that is unlikely to be the case. I think the answer to the OP, others who use POF and the conclusion that I have drawn is that pig-ignorance is fashionable and many have a seriously over-inflated opinion of themselves.
What would happen if you introduced yourself to someone not online but in real life? Would you be totally blanked? Of course not. In reality there is a sort of obligation to reply in the same way you would hold a door open to someone following you into a shop. The web gives an level of anonymity and that is what is used to hide behind.
Me? Well on the few occasions I have been contacted first they have been from unsuitable matches, as in totally unsuitable. I have never ignored a message because I would be too embarrassed to do so unless it's a one word-er (Hi or Hello etc. If that's all you can manage, don't bother)

Alan
 Jo van
Msg: 47
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:33:43 AM
Oh dear, it's all so sad. Oh the humanity.... and that....

Just because you consider a person to be "suitable", (whatever that means..), that doesn't mean they'll feel that you're "suitable" for them, clearly.
And "in real life", most people generally don't go around "introducing themselves", to random strangers, who(m?) they happen to pass, in the street.
If you get ignored most of the time, by the "target gender", (See what I did there? How "PC" am I ? )
then you might well also be ignored here too, as well.
(On looks alone, and that's how most people "browse" the profiles; they can't see your profile text, or get any sense of how interesting and well travelled you might be, they can't see how witty, charismatic, charming, and clever you are, all they can see, is your picture, and maybe "username", and 'headline'.
Try holding some fish....

Try a thread search, (from the forum's index page) on "No replies",
I think it may have been mentioned before.
To summarise: No reply IS a reply.
HTH
Mince pie anyone..?
 Alan_CD
Msg: 48
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/29/2014 1:49:31 AM
From the above two replies I would like to say this:

Not bothering to acknowledge a genuine message of interest is ignorance. It cannot be described any other way. It's a basic lack of manners, sadly too common on this, and certainly many other sites like this one.

Regarding 'introducing' yourself 'in real life', I should have made it a bit clearer in so far as introducing yourself in maybe a professional situation such as to a client or customer. If a sales assistant in a shop asked you if you would like some help, would you blank them? If you didn't need their help you would most likely say 'No thanks'.

Therefore to put the above in some form of context within POF, if you have no interest in someone who has messaged you there is a choice of spending twenty seconds composing a brief 'no thanks' type message in return or doing the equivalent of sticking your nose in the air and walking off.

The difference between the two can give a completely different impression of the individual you are messaging. One says decent girl/ guy but maybe not compatible and the other says he or she obviously thinks his or her sh... (certain bodily waste) don't stink!

Alan
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 49
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/29/2014 2:57:26 AM
"IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME"

I`ve discovered the cure !..... I don't send messages any more :O)
 Alan_CD
Msg: 51
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/29/2014 12:18:01 PM

If you were a woman in a bar and you'd seen a guy go up to every woman in the place, would you blank him?

Agreed! But my profile states (and you have seen my profile, thanks for looking!) that I rarely check out profiles and send messages as I'm struggling to find someone that I can honestly say could be genuinely compatible.
I really do have better things to be doing than viewing hundreds of profiles and sending as many messages just to see if one will take the bait, and then find there's nothing in common.

This is what bugs me about the 'no reply' thing. I do make a concerted effort to read profiles and personal information from top to bottom. Even if she is drop dead gorgeous, if there's something I don't like in the profile I don't bother. What's the point?

Additionally you say that I'm maybe contacting women who get multiple messages on a daily basis. Possibly but doubtful as I'm not looking for a 'trophy' wife or girlfriend as she knows she can get whoever she wants whenever she wants. That to me equals unreliable.

Alan
 ant64
Msg: 52
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/29/2014 2:23:37 PM
@Alan

It can be momentarily dispiriting seeing 'read/deleted' after you've sent a message but, ultimately, those recipients are both doing you a favour & saving you time.

As for being ignored 100% of the time...well, I imagine it's like that for the vast majority of men on here. I'm ignored only about 96% of the time so I feel quite smug.
 1r1sh_eyes
Msg: 54
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:09:16 AM
Tea shop on a first date? You rock! ;-)
I guess your tea moment is more original than an emergency call or climbing out a toilet window!
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 55
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:57:50 AM
A cup of Tetley and I`m any ones !! :O)
 1r1sh_eyes
Msg: 56
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:08:23 PM
Maybe he was on his 50's and that would be a normal meeting point ;-)
Yes, I guess everyone gets ignored by people who they're interested in on here. Some more than most judging by the bitter comments I've read on the forum.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 57
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:43:22 PM
When you`ve been here a few years, ( without any success )... you learn to take these sites ( in pof`s case, BOTH sides of the site, dating + forums ) with a very generous pinch of salt :O)
 LuLu32222
Msg: 60
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/2/2015 6:27:15 AM
Hi I know this thread is from ages a go but I wanted to reply anyway. It isn't just men that are ignored and find it hard work I think internet dating is one of the most frustrating and stupid things there are so many nice and attractive people that don't get attention but probably in the real world things would be very different if they actually ever met!

The things men tell me about the women on these sites and the profile pictures they hate and I think well in that case im just a nice normal person isn't that what everyone says they are looking for. But then you reply back to peoples messages and they last about two messages and then bugger off!! and this happens 99.9999% of the time so im like im either really boring or the pouty, heel wearing, cleavage showing, high mantainence drama queens are exactly what they are looking for after all but just don't realise it!

Any way rant over but honestly I just wanted to make the point that men seem to think its all one sided but its just as bad for women and I don't know what the secret to success is on here but I do know a lot of people that have met each other on dating sites and are now married!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 61
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/2/2015 6:52:10 AM
You rant away all you like. One of my friends met his wife to be on the internet - mind, she's gorgeous looking, fit and rich and he ain't doing too bad either.

I decided that meeting people and getting people together would be a great idea, just like you said. So I emailed 20 females to test the water. 4 replied yes/maybe, a couple looked at my profile and the rest? Probably not read my email.

Now fair enough my visage probably doesn't appeal to 100% of the female population but I thought most people would at leas tread the mail.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 63
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/3/2015 5:46:26 AM
I guess men and women are different but I have never understood the us/them distinction when it comes to the world of work for example. Perhaps because I started in IT after leaving school, then called EDP, where there were plenty of women doing senior jobs it never occurred to me to make any distinction. I've worked for many bosses of both genders though not equal numbers so it's not a perfect sample but I've found stupidity and brilliance from both lots.

All of my girlfriends/partners have been intelligent, hard working as well as the other stuff which made them attractive to me. I am not and never have been interested in a woman who doesn't have that something about her which makes her interesting other than just a great body (did make that mistake once - dull and duller). Who the heck would want to live with a doormat?

As for the other stuff about stopping women from being educated, that is all about control and if you look at groups such as ISIS, the Taliban and Boko Haram, they want power and control to move their population back to the medieval ages, much like Pol Pot tried in Cambodia.

800 years since the Magna Carta. It's taken a long time since then to get emancipation for all menand then for women and we haven't progressed nearly enough in this country only to allow to many backward thinking people to gain a toehold in education.
 billybonds
Msg: 64
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/3/2015 7:05:18 PM
Welcome back Oluben, I've missed you in your absence . As a fellow poster I've always felt we had an affinity me and you. What with Our mutual, extremely well proportioned perpendicularities. It's with a hearty greeting , I say hello old bean. Clearly getting a bit of flak on this one from Goodmindto, trouble is instead of addressing the ladies' substantive points he's wondered off into the bushes and given me a few Unwarranted kicks.

Mckinley's tried to pick up the gauntlet......but Aitche, for me, has come back and firmly shoved it somewhere amid his buttocks . The thing is my sex ,in general , has a proclivity to kill women, black people, immigrants, gay people, the disabled and the outspoken. Then shamelessly mobbed up, they turn around and protest their own victimhood, while relating to wider society what outstanding members of the human race they are.

OT.....OP. I ain't ignoring you no more .....you've changed your profile. Rendering my rubbish gag nonsensical to Good mind to, the poor man's Dr strangelove, formerly of this parish.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 67
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/5/2015 5:44:27 AM
There are strange women about too - from the BBC

A woman has gone on trial accused of encouraging rock singer Ian Watkins to distribute indecent images of children.

Joanne Mjadzelics, 39, from Doncaster, is accused of possessing and distributing indecent images of children.

She claimed she encouraged the Lostprophets singer, who is serving 35 years for child sex offences, to send her images in an attempt to bring him to justice, Cardiff Crown Court heard.

She denies seven charges.

Ms Mjadzelics was arrested following Watkins' guilty pleas in November 2013.

The jury heard excerpts from a sex tape from 2008 where Watkins and Ms Mjadzelics discussed their desire to abuse very young children together.

The prosecution then read out parts of an online conversation in 2011 where Watkins posted indecent images of child abuse, and the explicit responses.
 1r1sh_eyes
Msg: 68
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/5/2015 5:59:16 AM
You're even being ignored in your own thread! I think it's quite an interesting read.
 Jo van
Msg: 72
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/5/2015 2:51:51 PM
I would have thought that any discussions/insights into the contemporary sociological 'drivers' which are surely the basis for any gender selection criteria which result in either acceptance, or rejection, were entirely pertinent to understanding the phenomena which first prompted the OP's observations.
But what do I know..>?

Back of the net

GrouchoMinx
Msg: 73
view profile
History
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/5/2015 3:03:06 PM
Nice to see passion - Happy New Year to all x
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 75
IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/24/2015 1:38:14 PM
^^^ Thank you, I try........
I've just joined OK...C..... and already had views from the almost mandatory seven or eight women, none of whom gave the faintest intention of doing anything but wasting time (keep using the baby oil girls) -
it's the internet, ennit..........

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >