Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Coffee Date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Boshed
Msg: 651
The secret of lifePage 27 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
Thanks for the response ^^

I was drinking it black but then a woman I was seeing added a french vanilla flavouring to it and I thought " yum, why am I drinking it black ? Life is too short "
 ozsealady1
Msg: 652
The secret of life
Posted: 12/24/2014 2:16:52 PM
I like drinking my coffee as a short black in the morning or a long black later in the day.

Now I have heard from Aussie friends that these descriptions of coffee may have different meanings in different countries.

I mean Coffee with no milk, no sugar and varying amounts of water.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
 forums1
Msg: 653
The secret of life
Posted: 12/24/2014 2:57:15 PM
I drink my coffee black, although I like flavored beans - I hate Starbucks/Dunkin (stores) because they just use the flavoring syrups (which are loaded with sugar or 'fake sugar' if you go sugar free). I've roasted/flavored my own (from green coffee beans) and the flavoring oils are alcohol based (like vanilla food flavoring) - you toss a teaspoon in with a pound of roasted beans, shake it up well to let it get to all the beans, and then let it evaporate/dry overnight... no sugar, just the flavor with true flavored beans. That 'coffeemate' stuff is full of who-knows-what.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 654
The secret of life
Posted: 12/24/2014 3:28:59 PM
I have many flavors of sugar free torani & da vinci flavoring syrups as well as flavored coffee mate, sugar free & flavored coffees.

A vanilla biscotti coffee w/ a shot of sugar free pumpkin syrup & some caramel sugar free coffee mate-yummy!
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 655
That other thread and...why yes a sprinkle of cinnamon please
Posted: 12/24/2014 8:34:00 PM
Black coffee with honey is my diet drink.

Mochas made with real chocolate and by a professional Barista is so yummy!

Organically grown coffee does have some health benefits....apparently?

Never used to drink it.
Can't stop.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 656
Posted: 12/24/2014 9:03:06 PM
^^^
You sound like the type of person that appreciates coffee beans from a cats ass.

http://www.live-travel-blog.com/2011/09/08/coffee-from-a-cats-butt/

Hope you have life savers afterwards.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 657
Posted: 12/24/2014 9:40:25 PM
Clooney, you still kill me. And I agree, I'm sure he likes the most expensive coffe in the world...because it comes from a cats azz, just like most of his comments come out of his azz.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 658
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/24/2014 9:51:55 PM
Before noon or with breakfast I typically like strong brewed coffee with cream and sugar.
After dinnertime regular black coffee goes well with many desserts...especially a great cheesecake.

Haven't embraced decaffeinated coffee. Recently heard the process introduces harmful chemicals.
Will have to read more about those latest nutritional findings.

For a real treat, try making it with a Chemex glass coffeemaker. It just takes extra time.
Whatever they use in the triple-thick filters makes the coffee smooth and removes bitterness.
 tatersprout
Msg: 659
Cat's Ass Coffee with Beaver Butt Creamer
Posted: 12/24/2014 10:31:15 PM
Cat's Ass Coffee with Beaver Butt Creamer could be a nice change of pace:
Non-dairy creamer may contain the vanilla-smelling anal secretions from beavers, called castoreum, all the while being labeled as "natural flavoring"....mmmmmm
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 660
view profile
History
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/24/2014 10:48:29 PM
May a, mostly, non-coffee drinker chime in?
Had to give up on caffeine some time ago (apparently sensitive) and mostly coffee (too much short term, or any amount chronically, tears up the gut). So I ask, can one have a tea date?

I've recently begun sampling more expensive offerings from around the world as I've ordered from Amazon, and our local grocers have improved their stock from the typical Lipton brew, and a World Market opened last year. I find Tetley superior to Lipton, and the smoothness of, say, Typhoo or PGTips is incredible. As with coffee (arabica vs robusta; Kona vs Santos; etc.) the variety of tea is amazing.

As for the decaffeination process: a compound similar to ethylene once was used and I would agree as to being a bit circumspect as to its use; however, now-a-days, most caffeine removal that I know of uses either CO2 or the Swiss water process. So, if like me and caffeine sensitive, or would rather not stay awake all night, enjoy to your hearts content with no worries as to the organics.

TK
[shared a pot of decaf Santos with son tonight after Christmas Eve service - I may get him to swear off Charbucks yet!]
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 661
The Pussy Booty Cafe
Posted: 12/24/2014 10:56:14 PM
Cat's Ass Coffee with Beaver Butt Creamer?
MmmMMMmm!
Girl, you make a fine cup of coffee!

How about some camel toe whipped cream to top it off please!
Oh, and a dash of that gash.
Thanks!
 _shakti_
Msg: 662
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 12:56:53 AM

So I ask, can one have a tea date?
I don't drink coffee very often either, only as a treat here and there, or when I'm desperate on night shifts. Most coffee places have tea as an option, so of course you can.

I've recently begun sampling more expensive offerings from around the world
I love to try all different kinds of teas and go through different phases. My matcha kick has lasted longest though, it's my everyday morning drink, love it. It has tons of health benefits too. Starbucks green tea latte has matcha in it, which is really awesome.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 663
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:10:24 AM
I'm drinking my coffee now...
It's s drug, it is a vaso-dilator & a stimulant.

I like my 2 cups in the a.m. to get me going, & maybe a 3rd later in the day.

So if you love coffee, & meet someone, if the meet is a bust, at least you had that great coffee :0P
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 664
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:43:01 AM
In all fairness, Lipton tea brand has been around for a century and a quarter and consumed in, as they claim, over 150 countries and I have been to some of them where it's a preferred tea.

Of all the teas I've consumed,and the obscene and shameful y amount of money trying teas that are gloriously packaged and seemingly ethnic I've spent trying, a $4 box of Freshpak Rooibos Tea I get from the South African store, is quite far, the most delicious I've sipped. (I wish they served this in cafes, here.)

I'm a coffee person, and my coffee is also tasty and inexpensive.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 665
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:50:03 AM
I'm a coffee person, and my coffee is also tasty and inexpensive.

Yep, me too, in fact I may be the last guy in Canada who still drinks instant..Maxwell House... :O

...in between timmies runs of course
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 666
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:51:09 AM
Angel...

If I make it to NY, I'll buy you a cup of Kopi Luwak.
 ohenryx
Msg: 667
view profile
History
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 11:10:21 AM

SunshineGirl__
Henry, seems like you went to a lot of trouble to pull this off without getting caught as a fake, why? What was your motivation for making a fake woman profile in the first place? Did it prove something to you, or justify your assumptions?

I don’t get it.

When I go into any new endeavor, I try to learn all that I can about that endeavor. Recently, I was in need of a new washing machine, and I did quite a bit of research on that topic. I soon discovered that I absolutely did not want a front loader, or any “high efficiency” unit. As a by product of my research, I found that I could fix my old washer for about $4 in parts, and less than 30 minutes of my time. Knowledge is power.

When I started on line dating, I searched and read, talked to as many people as I could, and then did more searching and reading. I kept hearing about how hard this was for women, about how many inappropriate / offensive messages that they received. I simply decided to see for myself.

I suppose I was also hoping to learn more about how the process worked, see if perhaps some of the men out there had secret weapons to deploy. But no, no secret weapons. Leaving aside the offensive, inappropriate initial messages, they all look and sound the same. Which lead me around to what Cowboy kept telling the newcomers here, over and over, year after year:

Cowboy
Pictures are what matter, then profile. The initial message just has to not suck.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 668
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 4:24:08 PM
Thanks, Henry, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. That makes sense to me. I am curious now to know if any girls/women have created fake male profiles, and why. I’ve never considered it myself.

I believe that’s the second time you’ve mentioned Cowboy…missing some of the old crew? :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 669
The Coffee Cake with Dates
Posted: 12/25/2014 4:52:01 PM
I'd just like to give credit to all the females around here for not joking, "we don't need to create a fake man profile, enough guys already pretend to be men" :)

not a coffee drinker. Reading the forums opens my eyes for me.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 670
The Coffee Cake with Dates
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:10:40 PM
My favorite coffee at Starbucks is blonde with sugar free vanilla. I always drink my coffee black because I enjoy the taste of it. I think meeting anyone for coffee isn't a problem for me. Just don't let them see what you drive.
 ohenryx
Msg: 671
view profile
History
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/25/2014 6:53:59 PM

I believe that’s the second time you’ve mentioned Cowboy…missing some of the old crew? :)

Why, yes, actually I am. We used to have quite a lively crew around here. Cowboy, abelian, UncleZeus -- do you remember UncleZeus? Now there was a character!

And speaking of old timers, Tall_IQ2 is back, I saw a post by him earlier today. And yes, it's the same guy.
 _shakti_
Msg: 672
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/26/2014 3:27:36 AM
^^ Funny you would mention those names, lol. Only one of those could I say I sort of miss.

I doubt anyone would even remember my favs. But yeah, it used to be way better in here.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 673
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:08:00 AM
There are some I miss, some I don't miss, & some here NOW that I wish would mosey along to another forum site. ;0P

When I 1st came to POF, people disagreed much more respectfully, there was a sense of community & kindness back then.

Many of these folks are on FB, I'd love to come up w/ a list of "what ever happened to..."
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 674
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:18:47 AM
When Markus loved the forums, and made it easy to get here, we were way more diverse--easier to find friends, and more interesting stuff happening, less space for wrangling. The poetry forums were glorious!! The best on the nets, by a long shot. I'll always think he made a mistake, but money is very compelling, and he's certainly not the first to follow that bait. I don't see much awareness anywhere of the power of blogs/forums. AND it was a whole lot more fun!
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 675
view profile
History
The Coffee Date
Posted: 12/26/2014 7:51:49 AM
It's possible to monetize forums. Many websites are doing just that, and only that, and they are working. They just put ads on the side, and some people click on 'em.
Who knows why Markus doesn't do that.

When Markus loved the forums, and made it easy to get here, we were way more diverse--easier to find friends, and more interesting stuff happening, less space for wrangling. The poetry forums were glorious!! The best on the nets, by a long shot. I'll always think he made a mistake, but money is very compelling, and he's certainly not the first to follow that bait. I don't see much awareness anywhere of the power of blogs/forums. AND it was a whole lot more fun!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Coffee Date