Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Coffee Date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lifeisgrand5
Msg: 765
view profile
History
What is a serial dater ?Page 32 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)
What is a serial dater ?

To me it is someone posing as an interested party, who is only looking for sex. There are people who pretend like they are looking for a relationship when in fact all they are after is a sex partner.

A serial dater is also someone who likes to date a lot of different people. There is nothing wrong with that if they are honest. Their profile says looking for a relationship. It should say dating or friends.

Honesty is always the best policy.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 766
The Coffee Date
Posted: 1/28/2015 2:37:43 PM
LifeIsGrand5...good luck on the date tonight.
Do not look at POF.com while you are with him...he will think you are bored.
Have fun. :-)
 Maleman999
Msg: 767
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/28/2015 3:05:37 PM

A serial dater is also someone who likes to date a lot of different people. There is nothing wrong with that if they are honest. Their profile says looking for a relationship. It should say dating or friends.

It is possible, actually probable, that an active dater is also looking for a relationship. That requires dating. I know a couple of guys who would fit the description of serial daters. The joke, whenever seeing them, was: "Who is the treat of the week?", since they seemed to be dating someone different every week. Both are now married with families and resemble the typical Disney family, and have been happily (I assume) married for a long time. If they would've married the first available female, chances are they would've been divorced by now. But instead, they held out until they found The One. Lots of times, you won't know if a person is the One until after multiple dates, so that could entail dating many people multiple times each to target the right One. Serial dating gets old (and expensive) after a while, so most look to settle down after a while.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 768
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/28/2015 3:10:31 PM

lifeisgrand5:
What is a serial dater ?

To me it is someone posing as an interested party, who is only looking for sex. There are people who pretend like they are looking for a relationship when in fact all they are after is a sex partner.

Honesty is always the best policy.

IMO, You will never see the true Person, till after You have had Sex with them.... Also, just because they don't want a LTR with you, doesn't equal, they don't want a LTR with someone Else.....
 lifeisgrand5
Msg: 769
view profile
History
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 2:26:02 AM
Who knows if a serial dater wants a relationship with me? I don't get them a chance. I have been celebrant for quite a few years. I am trying to keep myself safe. If I have lost a few chances at a great guy so be it. I do not want to be hurt again. I pulled into a cocoon where I have keep myself safe. My volunteer work has fulfilled me as a person. I give my love to the people at the hospital. It is a substitute for a personal relationship.

And just for the record I have had coffee dates that proposed marriage and relationships. My youngest daughter who is married asked me why I've had so many marriage proposals. I told her because I am older and my generation traditionally looked for marriage.

I don't think anyone over 50 ever thought they would be on a dating site.

I had a coffee date last night. He liked me and he was sweet. We did some texts after the date and he wants to go out again. I thought of a thousand reasons not to go. I was myself and I felt at ease with my date. I found him trust worthy. We actually clicked and he made me laugh.

I went on the coffee date last night to avoid the critical remarks of this group. Thanks group.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 770
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 3:31:14 AM
^^^
Reasons not to go?

Those reasons will keep you alone perpetually.

I'm glad you got out of your shell. It gets easier too btw:)

Now, if you find reasons not to go on that 2nd date? Trust your wisdom! You earned it.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 771
view profile
History
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 6:02:14 AM

I’m curious how a man knows a woman is “the One” on a first meet unless she porked him. How?

Don't you ever just know?

I mean, I don't think there's a "the one", but I've always gotten a certain feeling/reaction when I've met someone for the first time who will become a significant part of my life in some way. Of course, I would get that feeling at first IM or sight of photo, so everything after would be letting it unfold.

I can sometimes even feel the excitement of 'something coming' before that person is put in my path (or a job, it's happened with that too).
 Dee4166
Msg: 772
view profile
History
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 6:23:38 AM

I can sometimes even feel the excitement of 'something coming' before that person is put in my path (or a job, it's happened with that too).

Me TOO!!!
I always used to say that I associated people, places and things, with certain "feelings" that would tell me things like how close the relationship would be, the tone, whether it was a 'lifetime" deal, etc.....weird, huh?

I’m curious how a man knows a woman is “the One” on a first meet unless she porked him. How?

Dude, seriously, you're in your what 30's? Can you NOT just use appropriate language for an adult such as 'had sex with her'????
You sound like an adolescent for crying out loud....

And frankly, I know of LOTS of people who don't necessarily believe in sex before KNOWING somebody, so by the time they get THERE, they have already established a relationship and feelings have developed.....even, gasp!, those that may indicate that this is a lasting (the one) relationship.....

Not everybody feels that having sex is something you do to get to know a person, for some it's an expression of a building/existing feeling......
 cooldog65
Msg: 773
view profile
History
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 7:23:50 AM
lifeisgrand5 (Lauren)...

I went on the coffee date last night to avoid the critical remarks of this group. Thanks group.

You're welcome. We're here to help.

You just needed a little nudge Lauren. The butterfly needs to emerge from its cocoon. Spring is coming soon.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 774
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 8:21:54 AM
Dear Pretty Pink Lady- I am happy you had a good time & hope you met a Prince!
Lauren, u r so sweet, u deserve much happiness!
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 775
What is a serial dater ?
Posted: 1/29/2015 11:00:19 AM

I don't get them a chance. I have been celebrant for quite a few years. I am trying to keep myself safe. If I have lost a few chances at a great guy so be it. I do not want to be hurt again. I pulled into a cocoon where I have keep myself safe. ... I give my love to the people at the hospital. It is a substitute for a personal relationship.

Yeah, not just serial daters -- but the dating scene as a whole a chance. In actuality, that is a symptom OF one particular brand of serial-dater. Just going out on 1st-meets/dates, putting the toe in the water, and scampering away because of the fear of being hurt if the ball starts rolling with them.

And just for the record I have had coffee dates that proposed marriage and relationships.

For 1st meets? That's whack. For any generation, that's whack. Now, obviously, one's going to meet some odd-balls and such, don't get me wrong. But having "so many marriage proposals" on little coffee-dates for 1st meets? That's not a generational thing, that's just pure stupidity... and if one is getting "so many" in such a situation, one would have to believe that they're doing something that would instigate things Much too strong for a mere 1st-meetup. Now, if/when a guy proposes, it being at a coffee house? Okay, that's not bad. Again, I'm talking about something within the 1st-meet range, of course.

We did some texts after the date and he wants to go out again. I thought of a thousand reasons not to go. I was myself and I felt at ease with my date.

That's good, feeling at ease. Yeah, you don't want to fall into the trap of being a serial dater out of "protection". Many serial daters Fear issues/drama/etc if going out on more than 1 or 2 dates, due to past experiences, etc. Change is Good! :)
 chocolategirl6
Msg: 776
The Coffee Date
Posted: 1/29/2015 9:07:04 PM
I haven't been on a coffee date before, but have been asked plenty of times personally not into cofee. I love smoothies and have been on a lot of smoothie dates. They were awesome nice quiet area got to talk with the guy and determine if I wanted to continue to get to know him easier.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Coffee Date