Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aBaldBeau
Msg: 514
IS it me or should HIP HOP be DEAD YET?Page 23 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

No one race invented R&R, sorry no. It's an amalgam and fusion of many styles, genres and innovators of many races, Ever heard of Ahmet Ertegün, Bihari Brothers, Phil Chess?
Hey, even flash forward and take a look at soul music (an ancestor of hip hop, via Jamaican "Sound System" DJs), …you think Motown was all "black", …Stax/Volt?.
You think there was no white people in the early days of hip hop?
Better take a look at history and lose that bullshit "my people" racist douchebaggery; unless you mean the "human race" when you say "my people"
Ignorance and bigotry will get you nowhere, …just so YOU know.

No one 'ethnic' group ('cause there's only one 'race') created R&B?

Can you make a distinction between who exploits, or has access to exploiting music and who creates it?

You can talk about Ahmet, the Bihari brothers and Phil Chess all day...the question still stands...WHO CREATED THE MUSIC...IT WASN'T WHITE PEOPLE.
You guys were stuck on Brahms and Bach, before you had any notion of the rhythms you heard from us. The majority of you were extolling Maria Callas while we were inventing these genres. So you can intellectualize all you want to about how many of your people were 'around' OUR music at it's inception. Sheer proximity doesn't make you one of the CREATORS OF THE MUSIC...KEY WORDS--CREATORS OF THE MUSIC. Stop thinking your people created everything, you haven't. And, Bigotry has nothing to do with this...furthermore, I hope your as critical of your white peers when they slam Hip-Hop because they are white men who play guitars and call themselves Rock and Roll musicians. They have no sense of history. They think it all started with Elvis...and even you should know that's nonsense.
 ghettoblasters
Msg: 515
IS it me or should HIP HOP be DEAD YET?
Posted: 8/15/2011 10:14:52 PM
its a big misconception in music, hip-hop (especially in the late 80s early 90s) was in its golden era and the entire culture still holds the test of time to me anyways. What you mean to rip on im pretty sure is rap music. with all that autotuned, 4/4 whored, really gay crunkbeats and electro-stuff; it could probably be proven to make you stupid.

ask anyone yo, hiphop is the real shit.
 sincitydesigner66
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2011 4:09:07 PM
The minute you had rappin granny, hip hop was dead, just ask the disco crowd...
 DartmouthRunner
Msg: 517
Posted: 12/7/2011 3:55:05 PM
All the disco crowd did was re-brand the genre into dance music. Same thing, new name.
 deepsoulsailing
Msg: 520
Posted: 12/18/2011 11:06:31 AM
white people.....keeping it stupid since 1492.
 deepsoulsailing
Msg: 521
Posted: 12/18/2011 11:08:24 AM
like I said ....white people...keeping it stupid since 1492.
 Damienevil
Msg: 522
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:53:13 PM
I wish the style of hip hop that is playing now would go away. I dislike disco and most Hip hop I hear now is more like disco. I think Auto tune is screwing up all brands of music.
I love hip hop from about 92-2004 area.

Also I want to see any of the people who are trashing hip hop to create a song that will make millions and then do it to show your skills off or how easy it is.

The goal is to make money and then come out after and mocking the shit out of people who listen to it.
 DomG79
Msg: 523
Posted: 12/25/2011 4:29:14 AM
Mainstream, commercial Hip Hop is garbage, but that trend has followed other genres of music as well. It all sounds the same anymore.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 524
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:11:30 PM
Like all forms of music, hip hop will either evolve or die.
The only bands that can put forth the same old crap over and over and still stay on top are Kiss, AC DC and Slayer... no idea why.
Anyone that wants Hip hop or any other form of music out of the top 40 should make something more popular or stop whining.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >