Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why We Need to Stop Worshiping Cops      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 170
Why We Need to Stop Worshiping CopsPage 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
"And what's with Jon Burge? Did he do all the torturing himself or did he have police officers or deputies doing his dirty work? "

Oh, now you're talking about Chicago, famous home of "machine politics"

"For much of the 20th century, Chicago has been among the largest and most reliable Democratic strongholds in the United States; with Chicago's Democratic vote the state of Illinois has been "solid blue" in presidential elections since 1992. Even before then, it was not unheard of for Republican presidential candidates to win handily in downstate Illinois, only to lose statewide due to large Democratic margins in Chicago. The citizens of Chicago have not elected a Republican mayor since 1927, when William Thompson was voted into office. "
from wikipedia

Hey, isn't it a coincidence, Chicago is where our President Barack Obama began his own political career.
 cotter
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Why We Need to Stop Worshiping Cops
Posted: 5/7/2015 2:51:34 PM

Hey, isn't it a coincidence, Chicago is where our President Barack Obama began his own political career.
Yeah ... he was in there running the tazers for Jon.

(Do they teach that hatred you harbor for blacks in your local synagogue?)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/7/2015 3:20:29 PM

Oi shoutyjoe enough of your cheek geezer.

OK... I'll admit that the comment about "wearing blue and red" and leaving "the cabbage green at home" was a bit much... it's always tricky to be sarcastic about team loyalties...

My ancestry on my dads side goes back until the early 1700's

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not impressed... especially given that "the land now called Lothian" was an Anglo-Saxon kingdom from about 1000 years before that... Now... if you had said "until the early 700's"... I might feel a bit more convinced...

But you know what would have impressed me...? If you had referenced "Dal Riata" as ancestral home...

The snp will do well mate. Independence will be seen in my lifetime i am sure of it (tempts fate and probably pops clogs just before it happens)

Independence...?!? Where the hell are you going to find a legitimate Stuart/Stewart...?

If the way the Israelis treat African Jews is any indication... the answer would probably be "yes"...
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/7/2015 7:13:53 PM

I have no hatred for blacks - if I did it would be very hazardous to my existence, seeing as how I live in a 98% black neighborhood. I have no idea where the nearest white person lives, although there are 2 Asian families on my street. I do hate A-holes, of any color, any nationality, any religion, any age and any sex, and I reserve special disgust for anyone who abuses a position of public trust or impregnates a woman and doesn't support the offspring.
More on topic, I believe that police are far more adept at spotting and catching bad guys than the media currently gives credit for. Let's face it, this is what they do, day after day, month after month, year after year- they study bad guys, they talk bad guys amongst themselves, and they see bad guys on the street and know who they are, where they should be, and what they should be doing.
There are a few A-hole cops too, and a few dirty ones, or maybe some that have a lapse in judgment at a critical moment, but how many cases do we hear of a clean, law-abiding person who gets arrested/ beat up/shot for no reason at all ?
 cotter
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2015 8:06:09 PM
^^^^
I have no hatred for blacks ...
Really? Well, we can only go by your posts and your posts reflect quite a hatred for people of any "color" ... other than "white" (which we all know follows synagogue teachings/beliefs).

There are constant snide demeaning insinuations about minorities of all sorts in your posts. So how do you explain that?

I reserve special disgust for anyone who abuses a position of public trust ...
What is that with reference to?

Who are you insinuating with that phrase/statement? Are you saying that you reserve special disgust for "crooked/dirty" cops? Is that what that means?

... or impregnates a woman and doesn't support the offspring.
I believe that needs to be more specific as well since as we all know, "impregnating a woman and not supporting it" is an action held " exclusively by men" and by the way, not any specific "color" of man.

So what is the insinuation there?
 robaustralia
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/7/2015 9:43:06 PM

Actually the people responsible for the US going into Iraq and destroying it as well as it's people (not to mention the murdering, maiming and mutilation of our military personnel) ... that would be "Dumbya" and "D1ck the torturer".

Err, the US congress voted in favour of the Iraq War. In case you are unaware, in a democracy the congressmen are elected by the citizens. Which means that every citizen of voting age shares the responsibility, whether they agree with. the decision or not.

So tough titties, you are just as responsible as any one else.

Further to that the taxes you pay fund the military that you continually deride, and for whatever reason eludes me. You think the bad behaviour of some soldiers is reflective of the whole military.

That is just like saying that if a nurse is found to have intentionally killed a patient, then all nurses are murderers.
 funchesf
Msg: 176
Posted: 5/8/2015 8:47:45 AM

aj7125
funchesf, are you really going to compare the looters and rioters to the military soldiers?

it was you that made that comparison once you made claims that those that destroy property and kill people were criminals and thugs, it was the same comparison that was made back in the Vietnam days where soldiers were referred to as criminals and baby killers ...and you also don't realize that there were police in plainclothes disguised as rioters, and who's to say that they weren't the ones that were setting fires or instigated others to do so

cotter

are you trying to claim that "Green Thumbz" is Jewish? ....if I knew that I wouldn't have called him a Grammar Nazi ...oops

but I think "cottor" is trying to hornswaggle us because it's no way this guy could be Jewish ...give me a minute to go and check his profile

wow ...Green Thumbz really is Jewish...and my reaction to this was the same as the second guy in this video clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbedyqJnPss

this guy is in the forum doing the same to others that the Nazis did to the Jews, and to others that had relatives that fought in the same War that helped liberate his relatives

"Green Thumbz" constantly "google cut and paste" how democratic policies and a democratic President are all bad, when in fact, there were both a Democratic President and democratic policies in place to help liberate the Jews

apparently "Green Thumbz" learned nothing from his own Jewish History and doing the same to others that the Nazis did unto him

posting this is pure Karma
 cotter
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2015 9:33:22 AM
Message 188 ...
Further to that the taxes you pay fund the military ...
Yeah? Is that what your MSM is telling you? Look deeper. If that were the case, why do they keep taking more and more out of the "Social Security Fund" to pay for the wars?

FYI ... our Social Security funds the illegal wars ... ... that's what buys the bombs that kill all the innocents ... that's what bought all the Gitmo prisoners in back alleys ... and just on the by and by, that's what's buying all the "military" leftover equipment the government is giving to the local police departments to battle the "thugs".

The war mongers are good at starting wars that kill, maim and mutilate our military on our retirement money ... but won't even fund the VA appropriately so that the maimed and mutilated can get any kind of help.

The war mongers take honest, healthy, working individuals (national guard) and send them into illegal wars to get maimed and mutilated and killed ... leaving families behind who were totally dependent on that individual for housing and food and any other need they provided for their families. The maimed and mutilated can no longer provide for their families and they are kicked to the curb ... left with nothing but homeless shelters.

Those that seem to make it back in one piece ... able to go back to work ... no longer have their job, but that's not the way it was designed to work. In the meantime, their families have lost everything ... while we send more and more off to the same fate.

... that you continually deride, and for whatever reason eludes me.
No it does not "elude" you. You know damn well I have always posted the reasons for my disgust with the (mis)behavior of our American personnel and I will continue to do so. It's abhorrent. It makes you wonder who raised such ignorance and disrespect.

I do deride the misbehaved. I do deride the American military for acting out, being rude and downright crude to citizens in the foreign countries they serve in. There is no excuse for it. They represent the whole USA while there and they need to be taught manners and respect for their host country and the traditions of the host country.

In the little town I lived in, we were too far off the beaten path to ever see truly well-behaved American dignitaries. The people of that town see American service personnel acting out and being rude ... approaching young women with crude remarks, pissing in our town fountains, throwing up on tables at town celebrations, pulling out their penises and flopping them around in people's faces. It got so bad the town had to officially ban the US military personnel from spending off-duty hours there.

I do deride the CO's for allowing and encouraging their drill Sergeants to teach religious intolerance and train by hate. You cannot effectively train a person that you continuously demean and torment for their religious beliefs and culture. It just does not mix.

I do not randomly run up and "thank" military personnel for what they do ... there is no "military worship" for many reasons:
*** Do they need special thanks for doing the job they signed up to do?
*** Am I perhaps "thanking" one of the fountain pissers?
*** Am I "thanking" someone who tortures prisoners?
*** Am I "thanking" someone who stood around in a foreign country and took pot shots at innocent civilians?

Besides, I'm not convinced that going over to invade a sovereign nation in order to steal and loot their natural resources is something I should be "thankful" for. Any soldier who went along with that needs a conscience check.
 robaustralia
Msg: 178
Posted: 5/8/2015 5:25:18 PM

Yeah? Is that what your MSM is telling you? Look deeper. If that were the case, why do they keep taking more and more out of the "Social Security Fund" to pay for the wars?

FYI ... our Social Security funds the illegal wars ... ... that's what buys the bombs that kill all the innocents ... that's what bought all the Gitmo prisoners in back alleys ... and just on the by and by, that's what's buying all the "military" leftover equipment the government is giving to the local police departments to battle the "thugs".

The war mongers are good at starting wars that kill, maim and mutilate our military on our retirement money ... but won't even fund the VA appropriately so that the maimed and mutilated can get any kind of help

I don't know what meds you are on, but they are obviously making you delusional. Disabled veterans are entitled to a variety of benefits from the US DVA, a perusal of their website confirms that. Whilst the benefits do not appear to as liberal as they should be, the US DVA does not certainly leave disabled veterans to rot as you are implying.

The war mongers take honest, healthy, working individuals (national guard) and send them into illegal wars to get maimed and mutilated and killed ... leaving families behind who were totally dependent on that individual for housing and food and any other need they provided for their families. The maimed and mutilated can no longer provide for their families and they are kicked to the curb ... left with nothing but homeless shelters

See above. The National Guard are volunteers, no one forces them to volunteer. They can be deployed overseas just like. regular soldiers, however their website is unclear as to whether overseas service is voluntary or not. However it does say if they spend at least 30 days in a War zone, they qualify as Veterans.

No it does not "elude" you. You know damn well I have always posted the reasons for my disgust with the (mis)behavior of our American personnel and I will continue to do so. It's abhorrent. It makes you wonder who raised such ignorance and disrespect.

I do deride the misbehaved. I do deride the American military for acting out, being rude and downright crude to citizens in the foreign countries they serve in. There is no excuse for it. They represent the whole USA while there and they need to be taught manners and respect for their host country and the traditions of the host country

It eludes me because you pull the Guilt by Association thing out of your arse every time. You have no tolerance at all for soldiers who probably have the most dangerous and stressful occupation in the World. In an organisation as large as the US military that employs about 1.3 million people, do you really expect every individual to be an angel?

In the little town I lived in, we were too far off the beaten path to ever see truly well-behaved American dignitaries. The people of that town see American service personnel acting out and being rude ... approaching young women with crude remarks, pissing in our town fountains, throwing up on tables at town celebrations, pulling out their penises and flopping them around in people's faces. It got so bad the town had to officially ban the US military personnel from spending off-duty hours there

Drunken youth often do stupid things, regardless of their occupation.

I do deride the CO's for allowing and encouraging their drill Sergeants to teach religious intolerance and train by hate. You cannot effectively train a person that you continuously demean and torment for their religious beliefs and culture. It just does not mix

Err, In Iraq and Afghanistan, the US fought alongside the locals, who opposed Hussein and the Taliban. It wouldn't make any sense training soldiers to hate people they are fighting alongside.

Besides, I'm not convinced that going over to invade a sovereign nation in order to steal and loot their natural resources is something I should be "thankful" for. Any soldier who went along with that needs a conscience check

And what natural resources were stolen and looted? People forget that Hussein used chemical weapons against his own people. People forget that the Taliban allowed al-Qaeda to use Afghanistan as their training base and that is where the 9/11 attacks were plotted.

Anyway, you shouldn't be throwing stones at others professions, as your alleged profession (nursing) has been responsible for mass murder in the US. Killing innocent people of course.

In fact the biggest serial killer in the US was a nurse. 300 was the estimate , which of course proves that nut cases can end up in any profession, heck you allegedly did.
 HondoGal
Msg: 179
Posted: 5/8/2015 6:15:52 PM

In the quest for “Rights”? What rights are you seeking? You have every right that everyone else in this country has so why are you advocating revolution?~HondoGal

and you Hondogal have no clue as to how rights and justice was obtain pertaining to this country~funchesf

Here let me fix this for you, “Hondogal, you do not have a clue as to how rights and justice were obtained pertaining to this country.” Watch what you write when boasting of your superior intellect. BTW, nobody here, in this thread seems scared; least of all me. Do you say that because thinking you are scary makes you feel superior?

According to you, only you know our history.
But we are not debating history. Try to keep up.

You are advocating for riots and revolution (like in Baltimore) now in order to obtain rights.

So I ask you again, what rights don’t you have that I, and everyone else, in this country has? Evading the question by insinuating you are smarter than other posters is not good debate. We see through that; so state just what rights you are seeking. Or does answering truthfully scare you?

cotter
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2015 7:12:23 PM
Message 191 ...
Disabled veterans are entitled to a variety of benefits from the US DVA, a perusal of their website confirms that.
Sure ... that's why we need all kinds of volunteer organizations to take care of them ... while they endlessly wait to find out if their needs will be met.

I get it ... you perhaps don't get the phone calls or see the ads on TV for requests to donate to the "Wounded Warrior" fund. It's a real thing here ... they use that money to help our maimed and mutilated ... until they eventually (if they are lucky) get help from the VA. There is never supposed to be any gap in their care, but the teabagger republican congress defunded the VA ... which leaves no money to take care of the vets who are being maimed and mutilated in the illegal wars.

Many are not taken care of. Many are living on the streets. Many have families living in homeless shelters because their bread winner was sent into an illegal war and either never returned ... or returned unable to further provide for their families ... unable to further make the house payments, unable to further feed or cloth their families.

When a home in the US is financed, all income is taken into consideration in order to qualify for a loan. When one of the "qualifying" persons is sent into a war zone and no longer has the "qualifying" income, what do you think happens? What (in your opinion) happens when a person can no longer pay the mortgage? Do you think the bank just looks the other way?

Now the person sent to the illegal war finally returns home ... to his homeless family, but is missing an arm and a leg. I have a feeling they will no longer need him on the construction crew ... eh? Now consider the ones who are lucky enough to return with all their limbs still in tact. That doesn't even include the ones who were expecting their employer to follow the law and hold their job for them while they were off (supposedly) defending this country against the "Muslim threat". Never mind that the law says the job is supposed to be held for them while they're off playing soldier ... there aren't enough government workers to enforce that law ... so to hell with the veteran (and his family).

Does your MSM bother to show you any of that?

Whilst the benefits do not appear to as liberal as they should be, the US DVA does not certainly leave disabled veterans to rot as you are implying.
You're wrong. I'm on site ... I know.

You have no idea how they are kicked to the curb ... defunded by the war mongers who illegally sent them into a sovereign nation to rob and loot them of their natural resources ... because we had a president who wanted to be a"war" president.

It eludes me because you pull the Guilt by Association thing out of your arse every time. You have no tolerance at all for soldiers who probably have the most dangerous and stressful occupation in the World.
It's a job they volunteered to do ... they freely signed up for it ... right?

Does that give them to right to be rude and crude and pull extremely inappropriate stunts wherever they go? Really? Is it asking too much for them to keep their penises in their pants at a town celebration?

In an organisation as large as the US military that employs about 1.3 million people, do you really expect every individual to be an angel?
I expect common decency.

Err, In Iraq and Afghanistan, the US fought alongside the locals, who opposed Hussein and the Taliban. It wouldn't make any sense training soldiers to hate people they are fighting alongside.
Then why in the world would they make fun of and demean the very people they were supposed to be training and fighting alongside? Why in the world would they do such a thing?

Why in the world would they break local laws and plot to distribute "X-tian" bibles? Why in the world would they call them demeaning names and poke fun at their cultural habits? Have you got a logical answer for us?

So far ... every single soldier I have encountered who was in Iraq and/or Afghanistan have told me that type of behavior was encouraged. How many soldiers do you know who were there?

And what natural resources were stolen and looted?
The plan was to steal the oil from Iraq ... but "dumbya" wasn't counting on the "dumb desert dwellers" to outsmart him on the oil contracts. Didn't your MSM tell you about that? NO? Well they didn't tell us either ... you have to want to find the information. It doesn't jump into your lap.

People forget that Hussein used chemical weapons against his own people.
Gee I wish people would get so outraged about what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians. (Selective outrage?) Perhaps not ... since you subscribe to that as well ... right?
 funchesf
Msg: 181
Posted: 5/8/2015 8:25:43 PM

HondoGal\
You are advocating for riots and revolution (like in Baltimore) now in order to obtain rights.

I was giving the argument that if not for a Riot and then Revolution by the Founding Fathers that the United States wouldn't exist and that if you "bother to read your history books...or perhaps use "google search engine"" you would know this instead of constantly asking me what the past has to do with the present

and just because one has rights does not mean that they no longer have to fight to maintain those rights which brings us back to what the protest in Baltimore was about ...the fact that police officers were not being held accountable for violating the Civil and Constitutional rights of American Citizens in which they serve .....

HondoGal
So I ask you again, what rights don’t you have that I, and everyone else, in this country has?

maintaining one's rights or protecting those rights..... does not mean one is seeking new rights...Comprende?

words of advice...
try to focus more on the peaceful protest by the many instead of the violence perpetrated by the few
 aj7125
Msg: 182
Posted: 5/8/2015 11:07:38 PM
funchesf, are you ok with the looters and people that rioted in Baltimore? Seems like you haven't answered when you have posted to the question previously. If you have answered to the direct question about what happened in Baltimore, my apologies. If you answered by bringing in "other things", then you didn't answer the question. We had another poster in here that isn't here anymore that said that all looters weren't all douche bags. Peaceful protests are the only way.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 183
Posted: 5/9/2015 10:07:12 AM
"words of advice...
try to focus more on the peaceful protest by the many instead of the violence perpetrated by the few"

That's precisely why so many people focus on black-on-black violence, as opposed to the tiny slice that are caused by police. We acknowledge that police , being public servants, should never do bad things to anybody, but what benefit is derived from ignoring the elephant in the room?
 Olwhatzhisname
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2015 10:29:10 AM

We had another poster in here that isn't here anymore that said that all looters weren't all douche bags. Peaceful protests are the only way.

AJ, he/she is still here...right under your nose with a different profile. Spend 10 minutes comparing notes & you will see.
 robaustralia
Msg: 185
Posted: 5/9/2015 10:29:19 AM

Sure ... that's why we need all kinds of volunteer organizations to take care of them ... while they endlessly wait to find out if their needs will be met.

I get it ... you perhaps don't get the phone calls or see the ads on TV for requests to donate to the "Wounded Warrior" fund. It's a real thing here ... they use that money to help our maimed and mutilated ... until they eventually (if they are lucky) get help from the VA. There is never supposed to be any gap in their care, but the teabagger republican congress defunded the VA ... which leaves no money to take care of the vets who are being maimed and mutilated in the illegal wars

You are delusional, the US DVA budget for 2014-2015 was $152 billion, which is certainly not no money at all as you claim. If it is not enough, then you have an issue.

Many are not taken care of. Many are living on the streets. Many have families living in homeless shelters because their bread winner was sent into an illegal war and either never returned ... or returned unable to further provide for their families ... unable to further make the house payments, unable to further feed or cloth their families.

When a home in the US is financed, all income is taken into consideration in order to qualify for a loan. When one of the "qualifying" persons is sent into a war zone and no longer has the "qualifying" income, what do you think happens? What (in your opinion) happens when a person can no longer pay the mortgage? Do you think the bank just looks the other way?

What! Do you think soldiers don't get paid when they are overseas? You are a nutcase. Anyway the US DVA has an insurance scheme for soldiers with mortgages and if they return disabled , they will pay their mortgage off up to a maximum of $200k.

You're wrong. I'm on site ... I know

Do they put the unfortunate soldiers that end up withPTSD in the same ward as yourself?

I expect common decency

Then you should practice what you preach, because common decency is not reflected in your posts.

So far ... every single soldier I have encountered who was in Iraq and/or Afghanistan have told me that type of behavior was encouraged. How many soldiers do you know who were there?

Err, my son did 2 tours of Afghanistan and when soldiers are sent to foreign countries they are given a manual detailing the local customs and beliefs. No where does it encourage the behaviour that you think is atypical of all military personnel.

The plan was to steal the oil from Iraq ... but "dumbya" wasn't counting on the "dumb desert dwellers" to outsmart him on the oil contracts. Didn't your MSM tell you about that? NO? Well they didn't tell us either ... you have to want to find the information. It doesn't jump into your lap

Gee, the "war for oil" myth was debunked about a decade ago, have you been hiding under a rock? You should really ask your nurse to update the magazine rack in your asylum.

Gee I wish people would get so outraged about what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians. (Selective outrage?) Perhaps not ... since you subscribe to that as well ... right?

Normal people (not you) get outraged when the Palestinians fire rockets into civilian areas of Israel, I fully understand that that appeases you however.
 funchesf
Msg: 186
Posted: 5/9/2015 1:39:23 PM

aj7125
We had another poster in here that isn't here anymore that said that all looters weren't all douche bags.

can you say with certainty that no one looted a store for a fire extinguisher in order to put out a fire ..

make it your quest to view the world through the eyes of the wise, not from those of the executioner .....funches 3:16
 aj7125
Msg: 187
Posted: 5/9/2015 4:47:23 PM
^^^^^ Ok, I see you are avoiding the question.

And your question above makes no sense at all. If someone is looking for an extinguisher, they are not looting.
 funchesf
Msg: 188
Posted: 5/10/2015 6:15:38 AM

GreenThumbz18
We acknowledge that police , being public servants, should never do bad things to anybody,

and there you have it..you just given the reason why police shouldn't be worshipped ...thanks buddy

aj7125
Ok, I see you are avoiding the question.

sorry that I can't give you the answers you "tunnel vision-ly" seek....as I stated...someone could have looted a store to get a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, or stole bandages to wrap a head wound, or the police dressed as protesters could have set fires or instigated the looting to take the focus off the protest .....

and that is what the poster meant by not all looters being douche bags, in which you yourself are trying to lump the entire incident together instead of case by case

as for avoiding questions, you have yet to answer whether American Soldiers were criminals and thugs when they were in Iraq for ten years looting, destroying property, setting fires and killing Iraqis including women and children

it's a simple yes or no answer...along with a brief explanation
 bryincalgary
Msg: 189
Posted: 5/10/2015 6:39:34 AM

sorry that I can't give you the answers you "tunnel vision-ly" seek....as I stated...someone could have looted a store to get a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, or stole bandages to wrap a head wound, or the police dressed as protesters could have set fires or instigated the looting to take the focus off the protest .....

Riightt buddy.So says the dude that feels living with two women is a good plan.Nobody will take anything you say seriously after that one.

as for avoiding questions, you have yet to answer whether American Soldiers were criminals and thugs when they were in Iraq for ten years looting, destroying property, setting fires and killing Iraqis including women and children

Quit living your life through YouTube.

Two cops in Miss shot dead,black suspects again.
 bryincalgary
Msg: 190
Posted: 5/10/2015 8:04:46 AM
^^^^

Obviously the guy is rather disturbed.Cops disguised as looters....somebody take the pipe from that guy.If he hates his country he should leave and do every American a big favor.
 trinity818
Msg: 191
Posted: 5/10/2015 12:59:45 PM
^^^
And you are where??? Calgary, Alberta.
 robaustralia
Msg: 192
Posted: 5/10/2015 3:25:12 PM

Two cops in Miss shot dead,black suspects again

Wonder how the cop haters are gonna wriggle their way out of this one? Most likely make up some BS like the suspects shouldn't have been pulled over to start with as it violates their constitutional rights.Therefore is was justifiable homicide.
 funchesf
Msg: 193
Posted: 5/10/2015 3:25:42 PM

bryincalgary
Riightt buddy.So says the dude that feels living with two women is a good plan.Nobody will take anything you say seriously after that one.

with Hugh Hefner having all those live-in girlfriends at the playboy mansion, I guess you believe that no one takes him seriously either ...also if you're going to make "false claims" that I posted something..at least leave a link to that post

bryincalgary
Two cops in Miss shot dead,black suspects again.

I'm pretty sure they will be held accountable for their crimes as they should, unlike the police

bryincalgary
Obviously the guy is rather disturbed.Cops disguised as looters

yep...the police would never deceive the public by "going undercover" disguised as terrorists, looters, mafia bosses, protesters or POF forumers

bryincalgary
somebody take the pipe from that guy.If he hates his country he should leave and do every American a big favor.

yep, those that do not obey their government without question must hate their country and be on the pipe ...I'm not sure if your statements are funny or scary
 springorfall
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2015 8:38:59 AM
I'd say not to 'worship' any human. But appreciate those who put their lives on the line, or spend their lives helping, serving and protecting others, then sure, I'll do that. That includes, military personnel, EMT's, fire and police workers, to name a few. That does not include people of either gender in any job who uses their authority to repress, to harm or abuse people. There are good and 'bad' people in ANY job, it just that some jobs provide the ability to get away with bad behaviour longer. I don't think anyone would say that people who act horribly should be respected, but I don't believe the majority of the people in those jobs do act horribly. So judge the person, not the position. And I am still very thankful to all who do those jobs responsibly. I know I wouldn't want to deal with the stress of their jobs. Being alert at all times, making split second decisions which could literally mean life or death, being expected to maintain a super-human cool restraint when your adrenaline is spiking through fear or anger. They are constantly being judged, often condemned. The constant scrutiny is a good thing when it reveals bad behaviour that needs to stop; necessary, but how exhausting for the others. Imagine someone watching your every move, recording it, putting it out for everyone to analyze without knowing the full context. I do think cameras are good, I do think it's right to hold up those to whom we are vulnerable to a higher standard, but I do appreciate those who have to deal with it daily.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why We Need to Stop Worshiping Cops