Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why We Need to Stop Worshiping Cops      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aj7125
Msg: 187
Why We Need to Stop Worshiping CopsPage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^^^ Ok, I see you are avoiding the question.

And your question above makes no sense at all. If someone is looking for an extinguisher, they are not looting.
 funchesf
Msg: 188
Why We Need to Stop Worshiping Cops
Posted: 5/10/2015 6:15:38 AM

GreenThumbz18
We acknowledge that police , being public servants, should never do bad things to anybody,

and there you have it..you just given the reason why police shouldn't be worshipped ...thanks buddy

aj7125
Ok, I see you are avoiding the question.

sorry that I can't give you the answers you "tunnel vision-ly" seek....as I stated...someone could have looted a store to get a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, or stole bandages to wrap a head wound, or the police dressed as protesters could have set fires or instigated the looting to take the focus off the protest .....

and that is what the poster meant by not all looters being douche bags, in which you yourself are trying to lump the entire incident together instead of case by case

as for avoiding questions, you have yet to answer whether American Soldiers were criminals and thugs when they were in Iraq for ten years looting, destroying property, setting fires and killing Iraqis including women and children

it's a simple yes or no answer...along with a brief explanation
 bryincalgary
Msg: 189
Posted: 5/10/2015 6:39:34 AM

sorry that I can't give you the answers you "tunnel vision-ly" seek....as I stated...someone could have looted a store to get a fire extinguisher to put out a fire, or stole bandages to wrap a head wound, or the police dressed as protesters could have set fires or instigated the looting to take the focus off the protest .....

Riightt buddy.So says the dude that feels living with two women is a good plan.Nobody will take anything you say seriously after that one.

as for avoiding questions, you have yet to answer whether American Soldiers were criminals and thugs when they were in Iraq for ten years looting, destroying property, setting fires and killing Iraqis including women and children

Quit living your life through YouTube.

Two cops in Miss shot dead,black suspects again.
 bryincalgary
Msg: 190
Posted: 5/10/2015 8:04:46 AM
^^^^

Obviously the guy is rather disturbed.Cops disguised as looters....somebody take the pipe from that guy.If he hates his country he should leave and do every American a big favor.
 trinity818
Msg: 191
Posted: 5/10/2015 12:59:45 PM
^^^
And you are where??? Calgary, Alberta.
 robaustralia
Msg: 192
Posted: 5/10/2015 3:25:12 PM

Two cops in Miss shot dead,black suspects again

Wonder how the cop haters are gonna wriggle their way out of this one? Most likely make up some BS like the suspects shouldn't have been pulled over to start with as it violates their constitutional rights.Therefore is was justifiable homicide.
 funchesf
Msg: 193
Posted: 5/10/2015 3:25:42 PM

bryincalgary
Riightt buddy.So says the dude that feels living with two women is a good plan.Nobody will take anything you say seriously after that one.

with Hugh Hefner having all those live-in girlfriends at the playboy mansion, I guess you believe that no one takes him seriously either ...also if you're going to make "false claims" that I posted something..at least leave a link to that post

bryincalgary
Two cops in Miss shot dead,black suspects again.

I'm pretty sure they will be held accountable for their crimes as they should, unlike the police

bryincalgary
Obviously the guy is rather disturbed.Cops disguised as looters

yep...the police would never deceive the public by "going undercover" disguised as terrorists, looters, mafia bosses, protesters or POF forumers

bryincalgary
somebody take the pipe from that guy.If he hates his country he should leave and do every American a big favor.

yep, those that do not obey their government without question must hate their country and be on the pipe ...I'm not sure if your statements are funny or scary
 springorfall
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2015 8:38:59 AM
I'd say not to 'worship' any human. But appreciate those who put their lives on the line, or spend their lives helping, serving and protecting others, then sure, I'll do that. That includes, military personnel, EMT's, fire and police workers, to name a few. That does not include people of either gender in any job who uses their authority to repress, to harm or abuse people. There are good and 'bad' people in ANY job, it just that some jobs provide the ability to get away with bad behaviour longer. I don't think anyone would say that people who act horribly should be respected, but I don't believe the majority of the people in those jobs do act horribly. So judge the person, not the position. And I am still very thankful to all who do those jobs responsibly. I know I wouldn't want to deal with the stress of their jobs. Being alert at all times, making split second decisions which could literally mean life or death, being expected to maintain a super-human cool restraint when your adrenaline is spiking through fear or anger. They are constantly being judged, often condemned. The constant scrutiny is a good thing when it reveals bad behaviour that needs to stop; necessary, but how exhausting for the others. Imagine someone watching your every move, recording it, putting it out for everyone to analyze without knowing the full context. I do think cameras are good, I do think it's right to hold up those to whom we are vulnerable to a higher standard, but I do appreciate those who have to deal with it daily.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why We Need to Stop Worshiping Cops