Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 26
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Supposedly a very happy moment in someone's life and yet, vindictive, nasty and really, just more biatching comes into play.

Word.

Yes, my patience paid off and got my engagement ring!

What an odd choice of expression.
 mjinict
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?
Posted: 12/27/2014 8:49:53 AM
^^^Don't read too much into it Cynthia, lol. Just my frustration with some posters coming out. Sorry I can't top your story, Walts.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/27/2014 9:17:51 AM
Mijinict, let me be the first to congratulate you on your engagement. I hope you will be happy. I am, first and foremost, a hopeless romantic. Now let the guy stay the whole night, who cares if the neighbours see his car in the morning. :-)

And we all get frustrated by some posters. Maybe some could wish for every one to agree with each other in 2015...but I doubt that will happen as we are all of free mind.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 4:26:38 PM
“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”

-- Winnie-the-Pooh

Walts
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:45:42 AM

Sorry I can't top your story, Walts.

Didn't know it was a contest.

All I was commenting on was the "extra" negative ca ca added into your announcement of the wish of yours coming true. Rubbing other people's noses into what should be considered a positive thing, kinda devalues that positive into another negative.
 StumbledN
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:19:45 AM
I guess I need to peruse the archives to catch up on the currents and undercurrents around here. I'm getting the feeling that part of this thread is going completely over my head.

Stumbled <----- scratchin' head and wondering what could possibly be wrong with financially secure guys with no kids or grandkids.... I could develop a complex here.
 mjinict
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 11:46:53 AM
And your response was superior how, Walts? ...Stumbled, once upon a time I started a thread about the differences between the guy I had been dating and myself. I have more family obligations, less earnings etc. and certain posters vilified me for even thinking I had a chance with such a responsible baggage free individual.
 StumbledN
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/28/2014 1:44:43 PM
oh I see. Well, speaking as a responsible and relatively baggage free individual who is hooked on a woman with more baggage than you can imagine, I wish I could have been there for that one. Can't find it with your History button though as it only goes back about 6 months. So I'll just sit over here in the corner and watch and learn. Meanwhile, I suppose we should return this thread to its original topic (never mind that it's in an off topic forum).

Soooooo.... Did Santa bring you what you wished for? ..... anybody?
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/28/2014 3:20:41 PM
Yes, Santa asked me what I wanted & he ordered it online, w/ my help :0)
He then surprised me w/ some extras...

He liked what I gave him too & the kids liked their loot, so all in all we were happy campers as far as material things went. We also are happy w/ the non-material scheme of things :0)

We had a very laid back, low-pressure week/weekend & I didn't even have to do any cooking!

I will have to get a new pic (recent) soon of us together & post it, as I hate gross misrepresentations.

Happy New Year!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:02:25 PM
mjinict.. great reason to accept the ring ( I will show those Bast^^dds)
perhaps as a gift like the idk MAGI, you might change your profile. Since it is all in the bag and all

Santa didnt' bring me what I wanted but Satan did... I wish they dressed differently I get confused with the cold medicine
Walts.. I got the Crocs made outta salmon you sent me - you Rock :/
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:16:10 PM
None of blonde angels posts recently sound like her. Who hijacked your account?
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:02:54 AM
None of blonde angels posts recently sound like her. Who hijacked your account?
*********************************************************************************
once upon a time I started a thread about the differences between the guy I had been dating and myself. I have more family obligations, less earnings etc. and certain posters vilified me for even thinking I had a chance with such a responsible baggage free individual.

whaaaaatttt?? It's me, I don't understand it...

Hey, I underwent many changes in the last few years, maybe it is coming out in my posts (sorry to hi-jack)

no pun intended, PEOPLE R LIKE FISH, IF THEY DON"T KEEP MOVING FORWARD (CHANGE) then they r dead!

I've emailed a few folks in here & I don't think they think I am a fake, LOL!

However, I think there has been some chicanery going on w/ some other folks...

at MJ I am sorry you feel that way, I recall that thread, & I recall one man saying the whole story didn't make sense as he thought by the picture u had up, that u were too attractive to be accepting anything less than stellar behavior.

People who have been around the block develop a nose for things...
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:17:11 AM
Yes, my patience paid off and got my engagement ring! After over 3 years and being vilified in the forums (bluemoon aka Welsh 474) going on about how I was an idiot wasting my time with a man with financial security and no kids or grand kids. Well, look whose still here looking and still being nasty.

Good for you, mjinct. And you're right on the money about BM. She slams my man's appearance every chance she gets, yet here she is griping about other posters being nasty. Sad.

Santa brought me a gold Cartier watch, even though I didn't ask for it.
 bluespikedshell
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:33:49 AM
Money is always a great gift.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:02:35 PM
I find it particularly sad that people seriously had negative
thoughts for forum posters as their Christmas wishes.
Really??

And congratulations on your engagement.
Your guy is wicked lucky.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:26:46 PM
Money is always a great gift.

I so wish to disagree with this, lol! And yet, for certain personalities, certain ages, or certain life situations, and enough zeros, that may be troo. A mistake however to try to make it global.

I remember and cherish much more those gifts whose givers exhibited some awareness of who I was/am, and went to some trouble to find a thing which fit that. And money, even if I needed it, was *never* that.
 daynadaze
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 2:56:13 PM
The trick is to know your recipient. Lots of people would rather have money to spend as they wish or need, others would like a gift certificate but only from a certain place, while others are touched by the fact that you knew they would love an item. Charities are even trickier, there are so many that are just scams even though they are highly thought of. If someone were to make a donation in my name as a gift, I would want it to go to a local human or animal shelter or a local food bank.
 aj7125
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/30/2014 5:39:45 PM
dayna, everyone is different as far as how they give for Christmas and you are right, it could be money, a gift certificate etc. Money works sometimes because of lots of different GOOD reasons. As far as a gift certificate, I gave my daughter in law one because I had her name in a gift exchange. I wasn't sure what to get her and there is no way I am giving her something just to get her something. I called my other daughter in law and she told me what she would like at a specific makeup store where she loves to go so that is what I did. And she LOVED it. Sometimes money, gifts, gift certificates work and they work in different situations. I never get a gift just to have a gift to give.
 cotter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:04:07 PM
Message 43 ...
The trick is to know your recipient
One of our performances was at a church (it's become an annual occasion) and people from all over the area where the church is ... come in and fill the pews. About 3/4 of the way through the concert, we have a musical interlude and they pass the plate for the church food pantry that serves several of the parishioners and others in the immediate area.

In late summer, I arranged for a 60's sing-a-long featuring Bill Cohen (retired journalist for the statehouse here in Ohio) at our club in the bier garden and we raised over $1500.00 for another food pantry that many of the local vets frequent.

It's all about time with me ... time is the most precious thing you can give someone. I consider myself extremely lucky that singing gives my life meaning and I'm able to combine the two (time and singing) for the pleasure of others.

Even if I couldn't have afforded a thing for my little family, I can tell you (because I've spent many an evening with them) that we would have all been perfectly happy just to spend time with each other. My daughter and I put a little spread together and she and my grandson and I watched a favorite movie and played board games. I spent the night and got up and made them a pancake breakfast, then had to take off ... my patient always wants me at his house too for X-Mas. He misses his mother.

I didn't raise my children into the greedy side of X-Mas ... I set the example for them and they just followed.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:46:52 PM
OMG Halcyon, another "look at me" post. And yanno, it doesn't take much work on your back to get a nice watch, you just need the right old clients.

You want to keep slamming?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:24:47 PM
OMG Halcyon, another "look at me" post. And yanno, it doesn't take much work on your back to get a nice watch, you just need the right old clients.

You want to keep slamming?

You've got it all backwards BlueMoon/Welsh, and anyone who views your posting history can see it. Why don't you just admit that you're jealous? The truth is that you lost your own man, and you're never going to find another one to replace him. No other man would want you.

Because of that, you resent women like mjinict and me who have good men in our lives. You're just a miserable old troll who's too ashamed of your own looks to post a picture, so you feel the need to slam other women or their men's looks to even the score. You're beyond pathetic.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:49:26 PM
Are you drunk posting again? You know you shouldn't do that, it doesn't make you look good. And we all know that anyone can post anything and just because it's posted, it doesn't make it true. Like I said, you could just be an old drunk hooker on here looking for tricks...why else be here if you have such a perfect life...which is bullshit. You're such a twat.

And you're pretty free and easy now with the drunken tirades now that there are no mods like your friend Allison to run to. You seem to have turned into a nasty poster yourself although before you would just slide in, slam, get slammed back and then run to Allison. Is your 90 year old "boy friend" or should I say, client, happy with this nasty side of you?

And, did you notice I congratulated Mijinct on her engagement? Put the scotch down and go re-read the post.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:59:02 PM
Yeah, funny how you backpedaled and congratulated Mjinict only after she complained about you. I never said I had a perfect life---don't know where you got that from, but you're obviously envious. If others can tell what they got/did for Christmas, so can I. You're just a hostile, weather-beaten, old Harley hag that no one wants.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:10:53 PM
You're still a CU Next Tuesday.

Why would anyone want to have to post about what they got for Christmas. You're doing the backpedal long on looking like a douchebag by posting about a watch and playing "look at me". I'm sure a picture from a store that will loan you one, be sure to borrow a grandpa to pose with you....stand beside a Ferrari to make it all look up and up. Between the Cartier watch post and the "I have more money than my man" post, you're looking pretty stupid. Seems there is a self esteem issue going on in your life, maybe law off the booze and drop a few clients from the brother list.

As for me being weather beaten, years of riding in Canada with cooler, moist are and with red hair, I've used sunscreen since it was first on the market. I look my age..you look your age....see, we have something in common.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?