Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Molly Maude
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
our family is pretty good at giving homemade gifts ... I love that ... but there's
one member of the family who none of us knew what to give ... finally, I sent
him a check ... he called me all excited with the check ... they had been wanting
to get a kitten from a shelter and, with my check, now could ... you know, if I'd
guessed for YEARS, I never would have thought they'd want a kitten!
 Dee4166
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:49:20 PM
Nope...

One of the sh!ttiest x-mases in a LONG time.....

Wish I could say different....
 kj521
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:01:17 AM
Sorry to hear that Dee.....

But look on the bright side....you could be having to display a buck toothed horse salt and pepper shaker holder in your kitchen! ;)

Wishing you a happier New Year filled with love!
 Walts
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:44:43 AM
From some of the posts here it looks like a couple are trying to make sure they get sweet phuck all next Christmas. Just because Christmas just passed doesn't mean Santa is on holidays. He's already making his new lists, and the naughty one has a head start.

Merry New Year kids!!!!

Now, some of you, go sit in the corner until you can come out and play,,,,,

nicely.
 kj521
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:49:00 AM
Watts....

Some of us are looking for a Santa who appreciates a bit of naughty! Just saying! ;)
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/31/2014 6:37:43 AM
I want to clarify something...
about a year ago, a woman started a thread about her relationship...based on the 1 (very old- I found out) pic she had up, it didn't make sense. A very savvy male made an innocent comment that it didn't make sense, saying if she looked like her pic, she wouldn't accept bad behavior, she would have plenty to pick from. At that point, she snarked. WHY? Another red flag- as red as the sweater in her very old pic!

Another forumite told me how to find out about people online.
So we looked & found the REAL person on FB.
This person grossly misrepresented herself. Personally, I don't care what you look like BUT I don't like having my chain yanked, or anyone else in here being yanked either.

The majority of us come in here to post & base it on the info we r presented with. I feel resentment on wasting my time & thought process on a bunch of BS lies that are posted by someone who mis-represented things.

I understand some may want anonymity as a forum poster & I respect that. But to grossly misrepresent, then post & whine is so not cool.

I get that we've all been thru some sh1t in our lives. Some of us lost partners thru divorce, some thru death, some never had a partner. Some have had aged parents, troubled kids, grandkids to help raise, financial issues, addictions, health issues, aging acceptance issues, u name it. I own my baggage & u own urs. I don't accept anyone else's baggage/sh1t & if I do that's on me.
The Holidays can be a joyful season for many, but hell for others. The Norman Rockwell Christmas is intimidating.
People with addictions escalate at this time of year, & I knew that & was expecting certain people to act out.

I can't emphasize how much getting pro help would benefit some people in here. But if u cannot admit your issues or have such a major dsm-V disorder, no one can rationalize w/ you.

For the rest of us, best to IGNORE.
If we continue to IGNORE, they will go somewhere else for attention & to stir the pot.

I think many of us realize who the fake id's are, how they post in clusters & either back eachother up or launch attacks on a few people in a group when it is just one person. In fact I strongly suspect at least one woman posing as a man/men as well as a woman/women.

Notice who attacks who. Feel free to email eachother (hint) for further info (privately)
 cooldog65
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 8:37:42 AM
I had a quiet holiday season (Thanksgiving and Christmas). I spent both holidays with my brother and sister at her place. It was our first holiday season without either parent as my father passed away in September at age 82.

My brother and sister both like to shop at Walgreens, so I got them gift cards from there. I received gift cards for Subway totaling $40. I love a footlong on flatbread.

Santa didn't bring me Sofia Vergara's identical twin, but there's always next year.
 _shakti_
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:08:34 AM
New Year's Eve has always been a big deal to me. For some reason it's always been wired in my head that what happens on that night, sort of sets the pace for the year to come. Especially romantically.

I have plans this year, but I also feel the potential for them to fall through, and the cool thing is? I'm ok with it either way. I don't have any calcified expectations of how things should be, and either way I will enjoy myself. I'm actually more intrigued as to how it will all play out, than I am hopeful or insistent it go a certain way. There is such freedom in that, and I'm loving it.
 _babblefish
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/31/2014 11:47:17 AM

. . . I can't emphasize how much getting pro help would benefit some people in here. But if u cannot admit your issues or have such a major dsm-V disorder, no one can rationalize w/ you.

For the rest of us, best to IGNORE.
If we continue to IGNORE, they will go somewhere else for attention & to stir the pot.

I think many of us realize who the fake id's are, how they post in clusters & either back eachother up or launch attacks on a few people in a group when it is just one person. In fact I strongly suspect at least one woman posing as a man/men as well as a woman/women.

Notice who attacks who. Feel free to email eachother (hint) for further info (privately)

oooh, lookee who gotz a new tinfoil hat for xmas,

btw blondie, why do you still have me fav'd? talk aboot playing silly reindeer games
 mjinict
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 1:53:13 PM
Message 57: Blondie...If you are referring to me in that post...WOW.... Let me count the errors...First, I started the thread close to 3 years ago when I was an unsuspecting newbie to the forums. Second, I never said he treated me badly, just pointed out some differences we had. Thirdly, the pic I posted is now approximately 4 years old. I may not always have my hair fixed the way it was and may have another 4 years on me, but I assure you, it is me. It's ridiculous to think that just because one is attractive, he or she would have no concerns regarding relationships..Perhaps you would be unaware of this.

I realize that you are 'retired' but if you are conspiring with other posters about my profile, and trying to look me up on FB, (how can you even do that?...nevermind) I suggest you have too much time on your hands and YOU may be the one that needs therapy. I very seldom post and most assuredly do not gang up with other posters for any reason, much less to try to 'GET' another poster. I wasn't even going to bring this up but with the thread title, I couldn't resist...Oh, and when I said yes, POF was furthest from my mind, lol.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:05:14 PM
Message 57: Blondie...If you are referring to me in that post...WOW.... Let me count the errors...First, I started the thread close to 3 years ago when I was an unsuspecting newbie to the forums. Second, I never said he treated me badly, just pointed out some differences we had. Thirdly, the pic I posted is now approximately 4 years old. I may not always have my hair fixed the way it was and may have another 4 years on me, but I assure you, it is me. It's ridiculous to think that just because one is attractive, he or she would have no concerns regarding relationships..Perhaps you would be unaware of this.

I realize that you are 'retired' but if you are conspiring with other posters about my profile, and trying to look me up on FB, I suggest you have too much time on your hands and YOU may be the one that needs therapy. I very seldom post and most assuredly do not gang up with other posters for any reason, much less to try to 'GET' another poster. I wasn't even going to bring this up but with the thread title, I couldn't resist...Oh, and when I said yes, POF was furthest from my mind, lol.

Sorry I do not have such a great memory of ur personal life or when the thread was that I recalled. I don't recall word for word what u said either, the gist of it was u were not exactly a happy camper when u started the thread. Yes the pic is you, but an old pic.

Sorry, we did find you on FB, it took a minute. My suggestions for therapy are general for anyone in the forums who spews, plays games, etc. You are not at the center of the world in POF forum land ;0P

Funny how you took your pic down after I made a post a few days ago hinting at all of this- maybe it was a coincidence.
If you are engaged, good luck.

Happy New Years everyone & don't take any wooden nickels.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:12:07 PM

Sorry, we did find you on FB, it took a minute. My suggestions for therapy are general for anyone in the forums who spews, plays games, etc. You are not at the center of the world in POF forum land ;0P

Real shame you can not see the irony of your posts, because you are really missing out on some good stuff.
 mjinict
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:16:44 PM
Yannow Blondie, if you found me on FB, you ought to be able to send me a message...I call BS, not that I give a crap, lol.
 junipermoon
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:20:45 PM
the universe just keeps on giving!
i recently discovered an experimental therapy that may lead to healing for a friend of mine with m.s.
keeping my fingers crossed. i hate seeing anyone suffer, and i have high hopes that things will set themselves right. or at least improve.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:42:51 PM

Yannow Blondie, if you found me on FB, you ought to be able to send me a message...I call BS, not that I give a crap, lol.

you will say u never got the message but thanks for confirming u do have fb ;0)
I'll send one...
Your message will go to M________'s Other folder because you aren't connected to her on Facebook.
 flaneur001
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 2:52:41 PM
Dee I'm so sorry you've had such a tough Christmas. I hope 2015 will be a much better year for you!

Keep warm!
 _babblefish
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/31/2014 3:21:15 PM

Santa didn't bring me Sofia Vergara's identical twin, but there's always next year.

bummer, but the hawks won an awesome game against the Rams, can't wait for the 10th !
 Walts
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:25:38 PM

the universe just keeps on giving!
i recently discovered an experimental therapy that may lead to healing for a friend of mine with m.s.
keeping my fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed here too Juniper. Good thoughts towards your friend.

MS can go phuck itself as far as I'm concerned. Nasty little phucker it is.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/31/2014 4:44:55 PM
BLoNDeANGeL845 you really need to get a life.

Please do not email any more forum drama bullsh*t. (and all of it in full caps with someone elses pictures attached which means you have had to save them and post them to your profile)

That is boarding on stalkerish behaviour, and in my experience people only start saving other people's pictures when they are up to no good.

I am here to comment on things I feel worthy of my comments, I am not here to have back and forth emails about this person did this and that person did that.

It is childish and petty and something I would only expect Becky to do.
 cooldog65
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 5:30:54 PM

bummer, but the hawks won an awesome game against the Rams, can't wait for the 10th !

Last Super Bowl was an awesome late Christmas/early birthday present. A repeat would be nice.

Always nice to see another Seahawks fan here. GO SEAHAWKS!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/31/2014 7:02:49 PM
juniper--SOOOOOOOOOOO hoping that works!! And with luck, for all with that nasty disease. Have more than one friend who's battling it. Would be a lovely gift for a year, and many to come!!

I forgot to ask for stuff, but stuff arrived anyways. Most needed--new hot pads (embarrassed to say how shabby and useless I'd let the old ones get). AND, a new fake fireplace, which makes me laugh: a fake log, glowing like lava, and a pane of cellophane looking fire behind it. And it works, too. A bag of avocados and nearly two pounds of triple creme brie. A silken embroidered gown. A lovely card from a favorite sister. Wonderful convo with my grandson who's in his second year of college, and seems to *like* talking to his grandmother. Lovely giggles and hugs from a granddaughter who still has a year and a half in high school. Sweet tribute from a very prickly age. And a weenie roast with S'mores!

A reminder that I'm loved and cared for year 'round by people I love and care for. Not gonna ask for more than that!!
Hope ya'll find what you want and need from the Universe this coming year. My wish for the coming year? That we somehow find a way to be kinder to each other.

daynadaze
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 9:10:05 PM
Wait...people really look up other posters they don't like and check them out on Facebook? That's insane! I feel like I'm reading messages passed in class in jr high, or I guess it's called middle school now. I imagine Santa is piling up a lot of coal. LOL Just wow.

Just because the mods seemed to have left and we are floating out to sea on our own before this whole message board gets shut down, does not mean we don't need to follow the same common sense rules that make a place like this worth coming to. Yes, sometimes things need to be said, but come on, hunting them down...really? Stalking their real life Facebook? Really?
 cooldog65
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 10:16:13 PM

Wait...people really look up other posters they don't like and check them out on Facebook?

I'm so glad I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, etc...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2014 11:48:25 PM
^^^^

Why? Hiding something? :p

I really don't get what the big deal is, I don't care who sees mine. It's not like I lock myself in a cave and hide from the public, so who cares about a few pics and postings. :/
 Dee4166
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 2:06:51 AM
Thanks kj and flaneur....
I'll live....it just sucks that x-mas was so crappy when it was shaping up to be a good one, for a change, this year!!!

@juniper....tx for the reminder about how MANY others are struggling with MUCH more important things...
My fingers are crossed for your friend and the millions of others out there who are struggling everyday with that horrible and so far incurable illness....

As for the whole fake profiles etc.
Not sure why this is an issue...? There have ALWAYS been many "fakes" on here as well as all over the internet....nothing new there... it's just a matter of ignoring them imo....
Eventually they get bored and just...go away...or better yet...

As I always say...when you turn OFF the computer, they ALL go AWAY!!!! LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?