Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Wait...people really look up other posters they don't like and check them out on Facebook?

I'm so glad I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, etc...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?
Posted: 12/31/2014 11:48:25 PM
^^^^

Why? Hiding something? :p

I really don't get what the big deal is, I don't care who sees mine. It's not like I lock myself in a cave and hide from the public, so who cares about a few pics and postings. :/
 Dee4166
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 2:06:51 AM
Thanks kj and flaneur....
I'll live....it just sucks that x-mas was so crappy when it was shaping up to be a good one, for a change, this year!!!

@juniper....tx for the reminder about how MANY others are struggling with MUCH more important things...
My fingers are crossed for your friend and the millions of others out there who are struggling everyday with that horrible and so far incurable illness....

As for the whole fake profiles etc.
Not sure why this is an issue...? There have ALWAYS been many "fakes" on here as well as all over the internet....nothing new there... it's just a matter of ignoring them imo....
Eventually they get bored and just...go away...or better yet...

As I always say...when you turn OFF the computer, they ALL go AWAY!!!! LOL
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/1/2015 6:32:30 AM

Few people are still on Myspace...I know I know you are soooo out of touch that you didn't realize that!

I am on most of those sites - but there's not much to find out about me, I'm simply not that exciting. Anyone looking me up for entertainment REALLY needs to get out more, they've got to lead a pretty dull life.

Also, unlike those who like to create a fake existence to impress people, I'm only too willing to be painfully honest about myself in hopes that it will send people away that are looking to be impressed.
 junipermoon
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 8:04:56 AM
@juniper....tx for the reminder about how MANY others are struggling with MUCH more important things...
My fingers are crossed for your friend and the millions of others out there who are struggling everyday with that horrible and so far incurable illness....

my friend has a rare and particularly aggressive form. but he made some changes and seems to be holding his own. the new stem cell therapy looks really promising and i do hope he has the chance to try it. fortunately we live in an area with some stellar teaching hospitals.

happy 2015, everyone!
 _babblefish
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/1/2015 8:19:28 AM
I'm so glad I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, etc..

give it some thought, one of my favourites to follow on twitter is Sherman, his piece on Earl Thomas
was an inspirational read and how underrated a safety he his..

as for sandy claws, i asked for one thing, i realize living where i do it rarely happens, but if that fat ole dewd
thinks frost will do, he is wrongwrongwrong cuz snowmen rock!
 _shakti_
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/1/2015 9:11:07 AM
A couple years ago someone warned me that when you search up my pic, you can then see my Fb profile (same pic). It freaked me out, that someone went to that trouble? And that they obviously didn't believe I am who I present myself as. I got a bit testy over the whole scenario and kinda shot the messenger (you know who you are, lol). But then I realized- who cares? So they linked to my Fb profile? I have my privacy setting pretty high, so no big deal. And I am the same person there as here. I'm probably more honest here actually, lol.
 cooldog65
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 9:45:29 AM

Why? Hiding something? :p

No. I just prefer to keep a low profile. I like being a bit mysterious.

Few people are still on Myspace...I know I know you are soooo out of touch that you didn't realize that!

I know you're kidding. I threw the MySpace in there just to be funny. I just don't get the fascination with all of it. Follow me here, like me here, kik me, snapchat me, swipe right on Tinder...who cares?

My presence here is it. I don't even own a computer/laptop/notebook. I do everything on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

Back on topic...a nice late Christmas present would be a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or a Samsung Galaxy S5. I'm due for an upgrade.
 gtomustang
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:12:26 AM
no one's on MySpace? Gosh, what DOES justin timberlake plan to do with the darn thing? I thought it was just musicians and catfish looking for photos left on MS...:)

If someone has the time to search my pic and find it on FB, they're just gonna be more impressed at how amazing I am. But, yeah, I can understand some peoples' squemishness about it....ESPECIALLY if they have kids, who are undoubtedly linked to the page.

I should get off my tail and help Santa get me a present I don't need...a rusty 4 dr 49-51 Merc I haven't seen yet, but a bud hasn't thrown out yet. does it ever count if you buy the present yourself?

sorry to all those who's new year is sucking wind. Sure hope things get better soon.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/1/2015 11:51:13 AM

a rusty 4 dr 49-51 Merc...does it ever count if you buy the present yourself?

Sure you can buy that for yourself. Really fun project. Do it.

I didn't really wish for anything in particular so I guess I did or didn't get what I wanted depending how I look at it.
Another cat would have been nice. I'm almost 40, single, with only 1 cat. I should have at least 4 by the time I'm 55 says "crazy cat lady rule book"
 StumbledN
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/1/2015 12:15:27 PM

I joined Facebook when it was still smaller than MySpace. My first impression was "Wow, what a complete and total waste of time. This site'll never fly". And I canceled.
Then had my arm twisted 6 months ago to try it again. So I did. The first half of my first impression still stands.... not so much the second half ;-) Then I canceled again.
 daynadaze
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 2:39:54 PM
I was on MySpace and now Facebook because my one of my daughters & one of my sons-in-law posts pictures on there, which has led to some other people I know through other message boards joining in, and now I've finally figured out how to get rid of a few of them because their religious hammering was taking up space when I am on there looking up pictures of my family. I'm not into, oh it's popular so I'll make fun of it, I really don't put that much thought into it. And I guess if someone is really into needing to see if I'm really that fat and ugly or am the person I seem, go for it, but know I'll be laughing my butt off. I"m not a techy, the fact that I can find my Facebook page is a high-five for me. To each his own, for me, some people take life way too seriously, especially someone else's life. This is going to come off as passive/aggressive but I don't mean it that way...my self-esteem doesn't come from bragging or showing other people up.
 cooldog65
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 6:41:21 PM
^^^^^ Good points from Stumbled and Dayna.

I'm almost 40, single, with only 1 cat. I should have at least 4 by the time I'm 55 says "crazy cat lady rule book"

Blonde should have a good laugh...
 junipermoon
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2015 7:17:46 PM

"crazy cat lady rule book"

i need a copy of this^. maybe next year!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/2/2015 12:15:32 PM
Saw the cutest pic of a box of kittens, captioned "Crazy Cat Lady Starter Kit."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christmas 2014... Did Santa bring you what you wished for?