Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 301
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...Page 13 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

Gold chains, like all you middle age Vette Drivers like to wear. Too Bad a Nice Car like that is Wasted on some over the hill Guy.

uh-huh a 61 yr old man calling a 46 yr old over the hill.

I think hot dog shop (forgive me if I am wrong) was referring to the fact that not everyone participated in free love.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 302
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 1/9/2015 11:46:23 PM
Oh yeah, I was just saying that having the option is amazing. Not simply superficial, though I know it wasn't the intent.

Being afforded the freedom, because that is hard won. Taking advantage of choice, that is discretionary.
 StarClassic
Msg: 303
Posted: 1/10/2015 7:54:02 AM
"Hey Magnum. MSG 301.

I've got a steel toed enlisted boot for your crusty old commisioned a$$.

You come to LA and I'll hand you some knuckle muffin.

Serious.

Me and you. I'd love to kick some commissioned officer a$$."

WRONG, WRONG, wrong.

It's "I'm Gonna' Put My SIZE TEN MOTIVATOR Up Your Fourth Point of Contact!"
But then, WTF do I know? I was just a lowly Corporal. ;)
 Dee4166
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:17:32 AM

There is some confusion here. This fit guy never hinted at having sex with me (he would have vomited), but rather said he wanted to be friends only and said he would help me tone up so I could get a guy I wanted (but not him of course). This was after our second meet which took place in a farmer's market where we each purchased local produce. When I told him I'm on a dating site to date also adding I wasn't looking for a brother he got upset because he really wanted my friendship because we could talk and talk. He was clearly upset when I told him I wasn't interested in a friendship and asked, "why can't women just be friends with me instead of wanting more?".

The guy's a DOUCHE, plain and simple...

Be grateful that he wasn't interested and stop wasting valuable time picking apart all of his "motivations"...I think that you're ascribing a whole lot MORE thought to him and his behaviour than was actually THERE....
What kind of guy even SAYS something like this?!?!?!?
Disingenuous at best, total ass hat at worst....
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 305
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:17:52 AM
Bingo Blonde Angel. Not everyone did even past the 1980s. Some have the capacity to think for themself.
 StarClassic
Msg: 306
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:26:52 AM
Now. I've actually been following this. Read every post even.:) My impression to address the issue/non-issue Earwigs posed. The young man's comment upset you because, well, because you're human. While he may, or may not, have meant it as 'constructive criticism, you took it as a personal affront as many/most would. We, as humans, should have a positive attitude toward ourselves and when someone violates our own self image we take it personally regardless of the original intent. I sincerely hope this issue/nonissue hasn't caused you to harbor self doubt. I've viewed your profile, and what I see is a rather attractive and well grounded young woman.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 307
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:37:37 AM

Some have the capacity to think for themself.

And others are only concerned about what the herd might think of them.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:52:26 AM

We're of the same Generation, but My experiences were completely different.

You're 61? Just asking. You seem to know a whole lot about everything and your main pic appears to have been taken at a far younger age.
I can see why ct would like to kick your ... How did he put it?

Me and you. I'd love to kick some commissioned officer a$$.

Hey, "61" isn't feeble, folks. Don't knock Clooney.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/10/2015 10:45:08 AM

From 1974 to 1984 the Sexual Revolution was in Full swing. NSA, ONS, FB, & FWB were common till AIDs hit & You could be killed from Sex.

Guess nobody ever heard of syphilis. :/

Also You're only a Year Younger than my Wife was...... I still contend it was the Area You lived in that was the Main Difference..... Then She wasn't a Gold Digger with GPS like You...... That was another Cultural Difference....

WTF? You think a person 18 years younger than you has had the same experiences in life as you? You could be that person’s father! That’s a ridiculous stretch and makes you look like a fool, as do the cheap, childish insults. I noticed on another thread you had a fit over someone you perceived as disrespecting you. Pfft. SMH

I would think the way a person was raised has a lot to do with deciding whether or not to indulge in “free love”… promiscuous sex. It’s not like sex was invented in 1946 in VA, USA.

Frankly I’d rather be called a gold digging GPS than a “free loving” wh0re. To each his own.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 310
Posted: 1/10/2015 12:58:30 PM
When I was younger, we did not have the internet. We also did not have FB, FWB etc. We had boyfriend & girlfriend, or fiancée or husband. Older widowed single people like Aunt Bea on The Andy Griffith Show "kept company"- they had a beau but were not getting married etc.

You're 54. Born in say, 1960? The mid-to-later 60s and the 70s, things were Very sexual. It wasn't handshakes & lemonade, and bf/gf only to get wed. But, I can ONLY IMAGINE how that time would be IF they did have Internet -- oh god!

Well I don't date men for dinner/sex, I have food in my house. I would NOT let a man buy me dinner if we were not in a serious thing.

Well, that is a unique thing -- and we're not talking generation either. When one's pretty active in the dating scene, they will come across a gal who wants to go Dutch -- or more often not want to go out to Dinner, but something more casual (a taste issue varying among all types of people & their intentions). But much more often than not -- it's not going to be a Dutch experience... the gal will happily let (or expect) the guy get the whole bill.

I feel sorry for all the FB & FWB people, like they r missing out by having sex rather than not having sex, if that makes any sense...

Yes. A guy is missing out on having sex. He's totally missing out on not having sex, and instead spending quality time with his lube & kleenex next to Skinemax. Oh wait -- he's got PLENTY of experience on that already. ;)

I understand you wanting sex to be Isolated into only something special. Certainly in the 60s and 70s there was No shortage of free-for-all sex... but regardless of a generation, sure, that's understood. I think that's a result of Conditioning -- as a preventative way to avoid one just porking away for the sake of it and getting into trouble. And if one holds off sex Only until it's a serious relationship -- that's going to effectively push said people conditioned into getting Into relationships, with sexual needs being part of that push.

But not all people are Conditioned to believe & feel that sex is bad/dirty outside of an established relationship. I think definitely the Potential of it being so is there outside an established relationship -- which is why people are Conditioned to Feel & believe so in the first place (deeeply erring on the side of caution).
 activemelaney
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2015 1:15:24 PM
Re comments above about the 70's.

I was in college. Dated a hundred guys. No sex, no drugs. Actually eventually sex with my future husband.

Not everyone was into some free love, wild lifestyle. We were not 'prudes' or repressed in any way. My two sisters were solid 10s and the same...very particular in lifestyle habits. We all partied, rocked, were a bit crazy but were also responsible young adults...as were most of our friends.

For every kid in the films doing acid dancing in the mud, there were 10 in the study hall or on the running track. There were irresponsible losers back then just like there are losers today.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 312
Posted: 1/10/2015 1:43:35 PM

Well I don't date men for dinner/sex, I have food in my house. I would NOT let a man buy me dinner if we were not in a serious thing.

I have to call BS on this..... Some of Us have read Your rants over the years.. We remember Your Posts how Men are always suppose to Pay.... Just because you keep coming back with a Brand New Profile, doesn't mean we can't remember what you have posted in the past. You really want to claim a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Date You're in a Serious Relationship or never had a Man take You out for Dinner for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Date? Again, I have to Call BS on that...

There were irresponsible losers back then just like there are losers today.

So everyone who isn't a Prude like You is a Irresponsible Loser? Myself, I don't call Bigoted, Prejudicial, Judgmental People my Friends.... I'd rather be all alone, than with a Woman like that...
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 313
Posted: 1/10/2015 1:57:31 PM
the 70's.

I was in college. Dated a hundred guys. No sex, no drugs.

Dating 100 dudes, and didn't have sex? You have to understand, notably in the 70s when "Condoms are only for sailors, baby" (see Austin Powers) and things were free-wheeling -- or even in the 80s putting society on a more healthy track thanks to the fear of HIV + "Family Values" -- that's going to be a RARITY, statistically speaking.

Actually eventually sex with my future husband.

Well, I'd hope so!

Not everyone was into some free love, wild lifestyle.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it wasn't handshakes & lemonade to define the generation, that's all. In MY college days of the late 90s/early 00s, I was BF/GF with a gal who's still a virgin to this day. I made a POF profile for my friend only several years ago, and he met the FIRST GIRL EVER (and he being the first guy ever for her) from online -- she was a virgin and he married her! I know a guy who met a gal thru Catholic Singles, and went all the way to Missouri to 'date' her LD for over a year -- she was a virgin -- and they recently got married! But no, that does not define a generation. You're always going to find that, and you're always going to find the opposite -- in Any generation.

To say the late 60s & 70s was defined by handshakes and lemonade -- and only BF/GF to be married -- is a strongly inaccurate view, is my point.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 314
Posted: 1/10/2015 3:37:19 PM

In 74 I was a Sophomore in HS. In 84 I was a blushing Bride.

Something isn't adding up. How old were you when you were a sophomore?
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 315
Posted: 1/10/2015 7:25:21 PM
Forumfiend, I don't like putting out too much personal info on the net. I won't give out my birthdate. And it's really none of anyone's business.

I graduated HS in June 1977 as an 18 year old-senior
I started HS in Sept 73 age 14
In Sept 1974 I was a SOPHOMORE in HS AGE 15- obviously in January it became 1975 when I was in Sophomore year.

Something isn't adding up. How old were you when you were a sophomore?

re-think your addition skills.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/10/2015 7:51:20 PM
What's with all the math, sophomore, high school, college sex/ no sex, free love, I'm older, I'm younger bullshit? And azz kickin, size 10's? Does it matter at the end of the day? Confession- I smoked dope, took LSD, drank beer, had sex a couple times, argued over whether The Beatles were better than the Stones...who the hell cares, it was years ago, just like college days for all of us on here. What has all this got to do about being attracted to someone's body type? And does everything have to fvcking add up?
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:08:13 PM
And does everything have to fvcking add up?

If it does, some con artist in South America will have all of our "net worth" ;o)

who the hell cares, it was years ago, just like college days for all of us on here.

Exactly my dear. Who the hell cares? a cranky ole fart 61 yr. old man

Men are always suppose to Pay

Only the ones who can afford it ;0P
So what, I had dinner out w/ my man today. He paid. Not your concern, we didn't ask u to wire ur $ from Cali to pay 4 our dinner.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 318
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:18:09 PM
Why are people so obsessed with how old people are, or in catching people out in their profiles?

Who cares, we are here on the forum side to discuss topics, not to date each other.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:22:06 PM

You're right slowitalldown, just bored perhaps

Because If you were 18 in 1977, you were born in 1959, so you're actually 56, even though your profile says 54, or the one before that which said you were 49, perhaps that's what she means it doesn't add up, but my addition skills could be wrong too :/
You look great for whichever age BA, no need to falsify it, you look good, own it
 cooldog65
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:38:26 PM
^^^^^ Actually, she's already stated that she is 55 and doesn't want to give her real date of birth for safety reasons. Unless she was born in the first 10 days this year, her birthday isn't up yet which makes her 55, not 56.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 321
Posted: 1/10/2015 8:39:43 PM
I've learned over the years of dating not to discard the ones you "think" aren't your type. A short guy taught me this as did a thin guy...both not my "type". I had a day long date with a guy once (spent the day in the mountains) and he was my "type", 6'3", attractive and sort of slightly above average ( I like a guy with a little meat on his bones)...anyway, he yammered on about his brand new truck he paid $60 grand for, his house was worth $800k and no mortgage, had a cottage in the mountains that was paid for, he had a million plus in stocks and investments, all his toys, how much he made as a contractor, blah, blah, blah and somewhere over dessert I realized "I haven't laughed all day". From then on my motto is - I really don't care too much about the outside but the inside better be awesome and if you can't make me laugh you're not getting in my bed.

Some folks aren't past the superficial quite yet.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 322
Posted: 1/10/2015 9:07:27 PM

"I haven't laughed all day". From then on my motto is - I really don't care too much about the outside but the inside better be awesome and if you can't make me laugh you're not getting in my bed.

Bluemoon is right, she doesn't look at who is toned, is the moon in the 7th house & Jupiter is allied w/ Mars & Sophomore year being 1974-75.

I think what she says is she trusts her instincts when choosing a man to be someone special in her life.

And in 1982 I laughed & in 2015 I laughed (in January) bla bla bla

In 2015 may all of us have someone to laugh with & share our bed!
 CharminC
Msg: 323
Posted: 1/10/2015 9:09:54 PM
Ohhhhhh!!!! Cooldog has a new picture! It's awesome! *squits* needs a bit of brightening though? Oh never mind. forgot im half blind for the mo.

^^^^^ Actually, she's already stated that she is 55 and doesn't want to give her real date of birth for safety reasons. Unless she was born in the first 10 days this year, her birthday isn't up yet which makes her 55, not 56.
^^^
Ugh... oh ffs, who cares!
Can we all PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC?!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 324
Posted: 1/10/2015 9:24:30 PM
A beautiful woman regardless:)
 cooldog65
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2015 9:58:53 PM
CharminC...

Ohhhhhh!!!! Cooldog has a new picture! It's awesome! *squits* needs a bit of brightening though? Oh never mind. forgot im half blind for the mo.

^^^
Ugh... oh ffs, who cares!
Can we all PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC?!

Picture's not new. Dark club and low flash not a good combo.

Several people kept mentioning the math after Blonde already explained herself about the age thing.

Hope your eye's getting better CharminC.

Getting myself back on topic after watching my SEAHAWKS win ,

I'm not really into the extremely thin or overweight, but everything in between comes down to how they carry those proportions. I don't have an exact type, but a preferred range.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."