Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 401
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...Page 17 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I don't know about anyone else, but when I am at that point, I am inclined to yell out "let us fornicate at once!!" or "we must engage in intercourse most expeditiously!"

GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 402
view profile
History
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 5/27/2015 4:22:31 AM

Do you also still call your penis by the same terms that Mommy used, such as 'my pee-pee', also?

Call the purple headed screaming warrior of love pee-pee? Mind you if i used an accent... :)
 GattoMonstrosis
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 4:25:28 AM
Dammit!! Now all i can think about is what theme music people would pick for their privates. :)
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 404
Posted: 5/27/2015 4:43:21 AM
Oh, and I just read the first few pages of this thread. I noticed a few people had critical words about the OP. It wasn't too much a surprise to see who got the ball rolling, too.

But anyway, for someone wearing no makeup and very plain clothing, she looks damn good to me.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 405
Posted: 5/27/2015 5:44:18 AM
I appreciate DLPs input.
IDK< body types can change, and change fairly fast.
I do giggle when people have been dating for years with little success then they finally meet someone they connect with but consider their butt or whatever too big.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 406
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender build
Posted: 5/27/2015 5:46:31 AM

The privileges of being "white" are pretty consistent amongst all avenues, the same thing occurs when they apply for jobs, housing in certain neighborhoods, loans. Favortism is pretty consistent across all avenues when you make the comparison.

All stereotypes of White males are positive. In movies they are the Prince Charmings, the Superheros, the hard working doctors, the bright scientists, and the cool guys. Women see them as being "safe" and such. Girls from other backgrounds assume they are rich and view them as royalty.

dlpoolupe2, it's white, American exceptionalism. It's like we look for a pat on the back because we willingly choose to understand and accept your narrative, instead of your narrative standing on its own.

If our "good" intent is broken down and closely examined, it'd be every much as repressive and bullshit than just running out in the street and screaming racial slurs from a white-sheet suit.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 407
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:57:14 AM

I always wonder what is the purpose of bringing in a discussion about race when the majority of forumites are white.

Well, that's not to say there aren't racial issues in dating in terms of not just racism, but taste, too. Everyone in the forums aren't dating each other. :) And going to something more topic-relevant, I think race is a clear challenge to those who go by the march of "looks don't matter that much" or "looks is random". How one's persona or assumed persona can affect how they're appealed or unappealed by their looks... and one's look can affect how one views their persona. We're animals, not computers... but we're smart animals... however, we're also biased ones looking out for our image and like to think we're in more control than we think we are.

I think online, when starting at profiles, people are Far more biased (negative-nancys) than IRL. And not just gals who get their fair share of stupid messages coming their way from wonky strangers. Guys, too. But many guys who do want to get dating going from online and don't generate options IRL much, will end up downgrading their personal requirements as a result of supply-and-demand. Of course some may realize this after meeting up with a gal, but very possibly be up for a little fooling around but that's it -- and if that happens said girl may get upset if she was really eye-balling him after balling him, and the whole "Guys just want sex" mantra continues. :)
 Siennarh
Msg: 408
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:16:56 AM
Interesting title change

I thought the same until I dated a guy who looked slim in his pictures and was borderline anorexic in person. It was scary. Like wow dude, I'm not shallow but really...this is actually worrying from a health perspective.

Now I'd rather guys with a bit of chub or meat, than lean men. Can't stand leanness.

I like either a bit muscly or just ummm it's hard to describe, but I'd say soft body features
http://i.imgur.com/Leu5igY.png
don't ask me where I get these images from ;)
Problem is that the ripped ones are usually massive jerks or I have nothing in common with them
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 409
Posted: 5/27/2015 9:31:51 AM

Racism has nothing to do with hate. Racism is about white people having a code of conduct and that code of conduct is white supremacy and then using that code of conduct to create systems to enforce that code of conduct.

Interesting. Explain this code of conduct.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 410
Posted: 5/27/2015 10:22:46 AM
^ Oh, thank god. I think it was something about fat chicks. That topic is starting to sound pretty good right about now :)
 DeepakChoprahWinfrey
Msg: 411
Posted: 5/27/2015 10:25:22 AM
I'd rather talk about PIZZA !
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 412
Posted: 5/27/2015 10:58:12 AM
I haven't had pizza in forEVER D:
 DeepakChoprahWinfrey
Msg: 413
Posted: 5/27/2015 11:00:18 AM
My fave pizza place has been closed for weeks due to construction !

Major pizza withdrawal symptoms happening over here !
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 414
Posted: 5/27/2015 11:08:15 AM

Well, that's not to say there aren't racial issues in dating in terms of not just racism, but taste, too. Everyone in the forums aren't dating each other. :) And going to something more topic-relevant, I think race is a clear challenge to those who go by the march of "looks don't matter that much" or "looks is random".

There is no denying that race plays a factor in most dealings in life (when in diverse settings) , as otherwise there wouldn't be such a thing as Affirmative Action, and such policies that state that one cannot be discriminated upon based on race, religious beliefs, sex, etc. I was not trying to dismiss "racial issues".

Could it be that they are not making it up and that they are telling the truth ? Is that a possibility ? Because I for one, don’t think there is a race card. I think the whole deck is racism.

I was not trying to imply that such was being made up. The "race card" in the U.S.A. means that for every issue one faces whether big or small, the first thing to be referenced is race, as in failing to take responsibility for one's actions and just adjudicating everything to race.

Yes, many things have to do with race, but not everything.

Denying racism is the new racism. It been my experience that most black people simply stuff their experiences with racism and get on with it, because racism is a power play, it can very dangerous to attack the very people you depend on for your living.

I'm not in the crowd that believes in "I don't see color" as such is an insult to minorities. Doing such is blatantly ignoring what each individual stands for as far historical and socioeconomic significance. That's like denying "white privilege".

There's a great difference between stuffing experiences, and processing it so that they may function in society, so that race is in the background, not the forefront.

Most of us are in situations in which we cannot bite the hand that feeds us and have limited room to protest and refuse unjust practices, so it's not a race thing.

Racism has nothing to do with hate. Racism is about white people having a code of conduct and that code of conduct is white supremacy and then using that code of conduct to create systems to enforce that code of conduct.

Racism has everything to do with hate, otherwise it would just be discrimination. How one chooses to conducts themselves is completely a choice. White supremacy..... do you even know what that means? That closely aligns with the KKK, in that they believe in white supremacy, and the inferiority of all who are not Aryan/Nordic in appearance, culture, and origin. White supremacy=the intolerance of all else.

Yes, there is systematic discrimination, because those in power are usually white and they are the ones deciding for the rest of us. Yet, we are the ones who (vote or decided not to vote at all) to have them in office deciding our fate as citizens of the country, city, or state. Knowledge is power, the more we know of ourselves, of our cultures, how our country is run and how we can change the outcome of it all, the more choices we have in exercising the individual power we have.

USA is a 'b.a.s.t.a.r.d' nation. Every one there is an immigrant.

That's the irony of it all. One came and conquered, then decided upon policies to allow others to come to the country, isn't that nice.

Every action or movement starts out with talk.

No, every action starts out with knowledge, for knowledge is power.
 eternalrealist2015
Msg: 415
Posted: 5/27/2015 11:31:24 AM

DLP is well known to us on the UK forums.

He (or someone using that picture) has been on here before too - batpool (sp?) or something? And was VERY anti female from what I recall.

I'll never tell someone that my wish for the way the world works trumps their own ACTUAL experiences, it's an argument I have with my fellow white folks quite often. There are things we can not know. It took me years to convince my white husband that 'white privilege' was a real thing and not something made up to minimize his very real hard work and efforts towards success.

But I've also been 'the white girl' in a few interracial pairings over the years (including my college days - in the late 70's in South Carolina) so I've lived through some pretty terrifying stuff myself.
 BialaPolska
Msg: 416
Posted: 5/27/2015 12:44:41 PM
The War on Whites is media inspired , geNOcide ; very obvious in the afore postings. One poster was correct ; get a pizza while Baltimore burns. Sad.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 417
Posted: 5/27/2015 12:57:31 PM
Great, another manifesto on racism in Dating Experiences.

Move this to the Off Topic section.

Plenty of wind bags over there...
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 418
Posted: 5/27/2015 1:36:31 PM
Being that you have already been exposed by Oluben, only I didn't read it before posting.....I won't waste anymore of my time attempting to understand or arrive at some conclusion.

carry on
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 419
Posted: 5/27/2015 1:38:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out how racism is connected to the topic here which is body type, and how it ended up where it did. I agree there are issues that should be discussed in their place and time, but that's not what the subject is here.
 Dee4166
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 3:06:26 PM

DLP is well known to us on the UK forums.

Many of us here are also acquainted with some of his other personas....

His posts all start out the same way, with a racial-slant and end up the same way, militantly-abusive. He's clearly not brain dead but is one-note and not actually interested in a real debate about race, just blaming white men for all his woes.

More like a TWO note...Women were the 'enemy' when last we met....

Funny thing about that...The 'new sexism' is to deny the existence of sexism....

Funny how that ONLY applies to racism according to him....
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 421
Posted: 5/27/2015 3:16:54 PM

It is one of the most common ways to derail an argument.

Who's arguing?

As you can see with racial debates. They follow a same pattern. Ridicule the black person.

The only one who appears set on making this a debate and about a black person being ridiculed is you.

Still interested in this code of conduct though.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 422
Posted: 5/27/2015 3:54:35 PM

The only one who appears set on making this a debate and about a black person being ridiculed is you.

My adoptive father is a black man from the Caribbean. I'm well aware of his experiences.

The man had it hard; but I never once heard him blame anything on anybody, though he had his strong opinions.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 423
Posted: 5/27/2015 4:05:02 PM

There ain't a white man on the planet who would swap places wid me. You get some white broke ass beggar on the street, he would not swap places wid me, he's gonna ride that white train out till the end.

I will take that deal, I am a 62 year old 5.5 tall white guy, I would gladly become a 39 year old 6.2 black guy. Just not sure how you will deal with being an old, short, bald white guy.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2015 4:22:15 PM

But you notice these type criminals and their crimes are treated like something 'cool' or 'edgy'. You know, guys in suits living the sweet life. The Italian Mafia, Goodfellas, Sopranos are all used to show how stylish and mysterious white gangsters are.

It shows how white crooks are envied for their slyness and intelligence. This is a spin to downplay the seriousness of their crimes. But you have had scores of books, movies, songs about Al ‘Scarface’ Capone, ‘Bugsy’ Malone, and the whole ‘Godfather’ romanticism is amazing.

Everyone loves a Gangster!-Henry Hill.

But you aren't wrong. I grew up in mafiosa central(BROOKLYN) and boys dreamed of joining the local neighborhood gang and moving up and gals dreamed of ... well being hitched to the local guido.

But it has nothing to do with being white. The Irish gang members were seen as more thug like(Westies) even. The main difference that I see and I am basing this partly to what I observed in my LE career has to do with the concept of 'SHITTING' in your own backyard.

The old time mafia guys kept our neighborhood safe or the residents perceived it as so. Mind you this was during a time of rampant police corruption and lack of aggressive enforcement. You could literally pitch a tent on the sidewalk when I was growing up and you would have little to worry about! Today that has changed except perhaps in Staten Island.

Key they don't 'shit in their own backyard' and are seen as preserving their culture.

Now lets look at the black CRIMINAL gangs for a second. Bloods and crips TERRORIZE their own neighborhoods! They rob/beat/kill/rape residents that live in their own building for cris-sakes!

They do NOTHING to protect their neighborhood and prey on the population of locals . It is worse since the locals have similar ethnic backgrounds as they do. What the frack is there to romanticize? Eating ones own is never popular!

The guy who hangs out on a street corner smoking crack looking to rob the next passing old lady( might be his grandmas friend)? or the gentleman in a nice suit who lives in a nice house sending his children to private school and helping out neighbors who get a flat and throwing the yearly block parties(use to love them!)? I think we all know the obvious!

Perhaps some gangs just have better PR?;)..PR is everything! Armani vs Durag and gold teeth...hmm let me see! Who would you hire?

s you can see with racial debates. They follow a same pattern. Ridicule the black person. This is an ad hominem argument where you seek to discredit someone’s argument by drawing attention to them, rather than showing what is wrong with the argument itself. It is one of the most common ways to derail an argument.

Interesting take on it and I agree with you partly. But if you read the OFF TOPIC you will see that it is usually the liberals that derail the conservatives by using the race issue.

Basically they try to discredit them by saying they are racist. Regardless if they are or not, it is a bad way to win a debate and the tactic lacks eloquence (women sometimes have done the same on here by labeling a debater as a misogynist and I equally ignore that logic).

I say if an argument has merit it should be ABLE to be supported by the valid point alone and not get bias!Of course valid points alone don't always win a debate :)

Crookcatcher and Eric, both being victims of this on the off topic, know what I am saying!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 425
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:43:10 PM
The code of conduct white people supposedly have.

You threw it out there for the world to see......so what is it? If you don't have an answer that's fine, but it doesn't help your agenda to claim something is being done but can't explain what it is.

I'll use an old cliche' from here......"no response is a response". On you......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."