Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 426
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender buildPage 18 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Holy f*ck. Can't you spare us the text skyscrapers, and just say "I hate whitey"?? That's really all it amounts to.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 427
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender build
Posted: 5/27/2015 8:42:42 PM
When the main topic comes back around someone let me know...
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 428
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 5/28/2015 12:16:09 AM
Going back to the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL topic by the OP (reboot!)....

find each other facially attractive, but one states they are not attracted to the other's body type?

Is that what he said? I doubt it, if he wanted to keep seeing you as you've said. So what did he Really say?

He told me I'd look better if I toned up, but didn't say I should loose weight.

Okay. That doesn't mean he didn't find you attractive in your body. He's a fitness nut. He's encouraging you to work out more. It's well, kind of rude to say that, sure -- but it doesn't mean he doesn't find you attractive. He said you would be more attractive if you toned up, and as you said -- he's a fitness nut.

If he said you'd look better if you dyed your hair red, got a perm, cut your hair, or let your hair grow out -- does that mean he's not attracted to you from the neck up? No. You're jumping to self-defeating conclusions. He's just, well, kind of rude. :)

there is a feeling of guilt knowing they're right but at the same time the rejection is crushing.

He wasn't rejecting you by that statement -- that was running by assumption due to low self esteem about your body and how it can be better. To you, saying such a thing would require some Real Anti-Attraction! But to others who are a little socially-blind (as you described him and his conspiracy theories in life) + being a fitness junkie -- no. Again, he didn't say that with or immediately following some rejection. He was just socially-blind. :)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 429
Posted: 5/29/2015 12:28:05 PM
Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!
Med cart needed on Page 19 of Not attracted
to body type thread!
 gtomustang
Msg: 430
What I am looking for is a thread
Posted: 5/29/2015 12:53:20 PM
oh, I thought we WERE discussing this, just in another post going on in some English pub with a fellow who first looked like a really young Barry Mannilow and doesn't have a clear picture of who he's meeting without knickers. at least he hasn't dated 300 women, apparently that's what you do to not know a thing about dating.

Ida know, it all seems simple to me...if i'm not attracted to the outer shell but I think what's inside is really cool, I make a friend out of the person. I've had a ton of women do it to me growing up, so it seems to be socially acceptable.
 Coma_White
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 1:38:26 PM

The code of conduct is white supremacy. It's a conduct that is agreed on by people who classify themselves as white. It's this code of conduct, is the reason how they can go to South Africa and enforce a system of apartheid, regardless of the fact that they were around 9% of country. They had a code of conduct that they are going to dominate non-whites.

That isn't something unique to white history. The Japanese thought of themselves as superior to the Chinese. They called the Chinese people logs and put them in concentration camps. Does that mean all Japanese people are racist? What about the Japanese men that are dating Chinese women? What about the white men that date black women? Are they trying to defeat them? What you said simply makes no sense. Jews used to lived as second class citizens in Muslim countries. This isn't unique to race.

Ida know, it all seems simple to me...if i'm not attracted to the outer shell but I think what's inside is really cool, I make a friend out of the person. I've had a ton of women do it to me growing up, so it seems to be socially acceptable.

That's how it should be. I always joke about online dating because you can show up to the coffee shop or restaurant and it's easy to find your date because you just look for the biggest person sitting alone. It's normal to be turned on or turned off by a person's appearance. Our biology and the way we've evolved as social animals give us these cues that allow us to make good choices.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 432
Posted: 5/29/2015 3:13:00 PM

The past, present and future of Black people concern me most. And in that history whites are and have been the main evil.

That’s just how it is.

That is very selfish of you. How about all those poor peasant Mexicans and Central Americans that have been exploited for wages that practically turn them into slavery? So they come to the US as illegals, to then be exploited again. How about the current slave trade that still exists in Africa? How about people like Idi Amin Dada? How about other genocides in Ruwanda? What about the Mongols going into Europe and Russia? How about the Romans? And so on and so forth.

The past, the present and the future of HUMANITY concern me.

The way you look at it is as narrow as the people you accuse to be evil. WHITE really do not exist. There are many, many variations that even hate each other. Look at all the conflicts in the Balkans.

Or the hundred of tribal divisions in Africa. Or the Christian south of Nigeria versus the Muslim north, or Boca Haram and so forth.

Are you driven by this hate? Or are you driven by something else? I believe that the problem is one of fear of what we do not understand, once we start to understand the "otherness" of other people, and engage in the Narrative of that culture, people, you start to see things differently.
 Dee4166
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 3:20:26 PM

Do I think all white people are racist ? Yes

And that is why this is NOT a discussion, because you just have it ALL figured out....and have made assumptions about ALL white people ....

Would be like me saying that ALL men are sexist....

As for being racist, yes, you OBVIOUSLY are.....
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 434
Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:44 PM

That's your decision. I however don't think all blacks are racist, just some.

It's understood by both parties that we are trying to defeat each other. Racism is not personal.

Why do you rant on so about it then if you don't take it personally?

My experience has shown when you approach someone as an adversary they in turn will treat you in kind.

You enforce that code of conduct, econmically, politically and socially.

How do you explain Baltimore? How do you explain all the problems? You have a black mayor, chief of police, prosecutor and city council and have had for years. Yet the black on black crime is rampant, shootings and homicides are at an all time high. Who are you blaming?

You enforce that code of conduct through violence

Are you referencing the police?

Finally before anyone jumps and say "Why you talking about race ?" I was asked a question and I gave my answer.

The question was asked because you were interjecting your manifesto into a thread that had nothing to do with race.

I can't comment on what your life experiences are obviously, but I can comment on mine.

In 28 years in law emforcement of which the last 15 being in a CID major crimes unit. I've written hundreds of tickets and made over 2000 felony arrests.

During that time I have never had the first white say "you're only doing this because I'm white" nor have I had any asians say it's because they're asian or hispanics say it's because they're hispanic or orientals because they're oriental or mid eastern cultures because they're from the middle east. But I have had numerous blacks that because they were being ticketed or arrested become irate and declare the reason for being ticketed or arrested was merely based upon the fact they were black. Forget the possibility that they actually broke the law, that's a moot point. Let's make it about race and forego taking responsibility for your actions.

Your approach is not novel, it's been your rallying cry for decades, over and over but nothing ever changes and there's a reason for that and that's because you demand everything "else" change instead of realizing those changes won't amount to anything unless you change as well.

That's just how it is.....

My apologies to the other poster's as this should have been in off topic.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 435
Posted: 5/29/2015 3:47:03 PM

Wow, and to think Oluben said you WEREN'T brain dead.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:12:26 PM

During that time I have never had the first white say "you're only doing this because I'm white" nor have I had any asians say it's because they're asian or hispanics say it's because they're hispanic or orientals because they're oriental or mid eastern cultures because they're from the middle east. But I have had numerous blacks that because they were being ticketed or arrested become irate and declare the reason for being ticketed or arrested was merely based upon the fact they were black. Forget the possibility that they actually broke the law, that's a moot point. Let's make it about race and forego taking responsibility for your actions.

My experience pretty much matches yours but I Actually had both a Hispanic and Asian say that to me before. I also had a female say I only ticketed her because she was a female(rolls eyes).

The 2 race ones were very weird:

Hispanic guy reported me to CCRB and tried to say I ticketed him because he was Hispanic. What helped me was that in that post I had ticketed 5 people and they belonged to 4 different races lol.

Asian guy said I discriminated against him because he was an Asian driving a Honda..eh?? huh? It then came out that he was from LA and apparently Asians get profiled in Honda's there because of street racing. I guess he didn't realize OUR Asians don't drive (subwys lol) so he was laughed out!

The worst thing is when the Black guy thinks my partner(who is black) is going to treat him better. Nothing pisses off a Black cop more than a black guy calling him brother or "my N" (bad word).... it is almost like one expects special treatment lol.

Yet the black on black crime is rampant, shootings and homicides are at an all time high. Who are you blaming?

I thought he blamed the Italian mafia for that! I could be wrong! Maybe it was the drugs.

Yes --most crime is black on black. And as we discussed in off topic... most blacks get stopped by police because police are following descriptions reported by witnesses/victims that HAPPEN to be black themselves. So it is blacks reporting that their assailants are black!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 437
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:23:58 PM

Crookcatcher's comment about "you people".

Excuse me?
 2ufo
Msg: 438
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:31:39 PM
I worked at TBIT (that's LA airport) and was once accused of racial profiling. I directed an Asian gentleman toward inspection and he accused me of racially profiling. He pointed to the inspection line and said, 'they are all Asian, you are profiling only the Asians for inspection." I pointed behind him and said, "Sir, at this time of day, we receive all the flights that departed the East Asian Pacific in the morning. There are 1500 people here and they are all arriving from Asia Most of them are Asians.". He turned, saw it was so, apologized and went to the inspection line.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 439
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:51:30 PM
Pity DLP believes all white people are racist. I hope I am not. checking.. nope I am not
I am anti ***hole, so I guess I'm an assholist. I always enjoy when the shyt gets real on a thread for about 30 seconds.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 440
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:58:38 PM
Dlp: Evidently you believe we have inherently different characters due to the colour of our skin, but I'm willing to bet we have one thing in common: We don't like to be stereotyped :/
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2015 5:11:59 PM

those killed, 41% were unarmed.
An unarmed Black person was ten times more likely to be killed by police than an unarmed White person.
An unarmed Black person was more likely to be killed than even an armed White person.
Only 2% of killer cops were charged with a crime

Those numbers are IRRELEVANT unless you can find the statistics of what % of what race complied with legal orders and/or didn't resist arrest.

It should be obvious that anytime there is non compliance scenario or resisting arrest scenario the engagement becomes multiple times more dangerous. The escalation to USE of force and escalation of force used is going to be, rightfully and legally so,more dangerous to the perp involved. I should also not that escalation is also more dangerous to the public and cops involved thus creating the chance that the min force needed/used will be HIGHER for that reason alone since most police tactics call for the cops to use the right level that will end the conflict as SOON as possible.

Solution? Stop resisting arrests and being non compliant!
 clooneystutor
Msg: 442
Posted: 5/29/2015 9:04:38 PM
My dad is stronger then your dad.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 443
Posted: 5/30/2015 12:53:37 AM

What you either don’t know or refuse to realize is that the police force is chock full of racist cops, cops with chips on their shoulders, sociopaths.

Chock full huh? If you're going to exaggerate go all out and say all are.

Stuff like goes on all the time. But the Police know they can play on people's racism and pass it off, like he was resisting arrest. He had a gun and you and others will swallow it.

Show me one incident where the police report, press conference whatever....shows where racism was used to pass anything off.

Nothing I can say will change your mind

You're absolutely correct.

thats why there are 500 innocent unarmed people murdered in this USA each year

Like adventureJoe said..... don't resist arrest.....comply with the officers orders....don't flee. There would be zero incidents if those three things were done, I don't care what color you are.
Now my point of view only comes from 28 years of having people make that exact choice with me, so I'm going to go with what I know the problem is instead of your version.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 444
Posted: 5/30/2015 5:29:26 AM
Where in any of these incidents did the police make it racial? Not the first one. Unless you're saying the police just said...."there's a black man let's stop him" is that it? The media and the race baiters made it racial. It's never about choices made by those deemed a victim, once that fight or flight theeshold is crossed the suspect has changed the dynamics of the encounter. Is every decision made by an officer the right one? No. Would he have had to make that decision that may result in death if the suspect/detainee had complied with the officers order/commands? No. In every single case....No.

Was that officer wrong in N.Charleston? Damn right he was.
Trooper in SC wrong? Hell yes.

Officers in Freddie Gray arrest wrong? I think I'll wait for all the evidence and forensics to be released before I convict them if that's ok. If they were in the wrong they should be sentences accordingly.

My posting history can be found. I've said this long before this hijacked thread.

Good luck to you.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 445
Posted: 5/30/2015 6:24:38 AM

DLP is well known to us on the UK forums. His posts all start out the same way, with a racial-slant and end up the same way, militantly-abusive. He's clearly not brain dead but is one-note and not actually interested in a real debate about race, just blaming white men for all his woes

Ignore the Man behind the curtain....do not make eye contact or engage in discussion....never ending rants about white men and a woman hater!!!
TROLL....Call the Troll cab.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 8:52:07 AM

Right. So your already framing the interaction as if the Police do nothing and the black person must have did something wrong. Then when you have this belief anything and everything is justified.

I am not framing a damn thing...that is the way it works and always has and always will. It has nothing to do with race and the guilt of a suspect or not is to be determined by the justice system not the police. Cops just do the apprehension. If you decide NOT to be apprehended than not only are you NOW a perp, but escalation of force will be used. Please find me a country where it isn't like that. But again it isn't a race issue!

Nothing I can say will change your mind. Why ? Because you are ignorant. Not ignorant in the fact that you are stupid but ignorant in the fact that you only know what you are surrounded by and what you watch on TV and have accrued from your parents or friends.

LOL..as oppose to you that gets your views from youtube, Al Sharpton(we consider him a joke here btw) and the neighborhood Liverpool fish and chips pub?

Ok professor, and I guess it is true you have a longer d@ck than us white folk also?(read Clooneys post) What makes you think I don't formulate my views based on a combination of my education( higher than you apparently) , worldwide experience( lived /traveled/worked in over 3 dozen countries) , being part of the High IQ society (google it) and coming from a borough that has a GLOBAL reputation of breeding residents with street smarts? ;)

How about the fact that I retired honorably from what some consider the worlds premiere police dept( certainly the most famous) that serves the most diverse population in the western world and trains depts all over the world. We have a global presence including in YOUR COUNTRY we have a field office. I highly think we are going to be less ignorant than you when it comes to police tactics, criminality, behavior science and many different topics!

EXPERIENCE trumps everything else!

But again are we here to compare d$ck sizes? or make good valid points?;)

What you either don’t know or refuse to realize is that the police force is chock full of racist cops, cops with chips on their shoulders, sociopaths.

No one said there weren't some of those, just like there are some of those in EVERY occupation. But apparently you refuse to REALIZE or didn't know America doesn't have A/THE police force. We have thousands of depts....so you already showed IGNORANCE by referring to POLICE FORCE as in ONE organization.

And how blind are you if you believe that every officer and department is honest ?

Never heard ANYONE here claim that..have you? And again I don't see what honesty has to do with racism here. The dishonest cops come in ALL RACES!

Only a commitment to utterly overhauling policing, demilitarizing the cops, purging all racists from the ranks of law enforcement, requiring them to wear cameras at all times, requiring them to LIVE IN the communities they police, make any new Police officer serve a parole of six months in the community, and then letting the community vote if he/she get's the job. and a host of other reforms, can possibly stem the tide of racism and brutality

Most of the above is unworkable. Yeah really? The NYPD which has 35k cops is going to let the community decide who stays? And that would be racist?The black areas would vote all the white cops off!If you opened that can of worms than the unions would demand cops get stationed where they want. I assure you 99% of the dept will vote to go to the Beach detail ;)

It has already been determined that the public isn't trained or qualified enough to state what makes a good PO or not. Most people , being people, want what profits them(ex..no tickets). Why should that be weird? I am not an Astronaut and I don't think I am qualified to determine who makes a good one, although I have thousands of hours as a kid flying the Star Ship Enterprise ;) and X wing fighters!

As for living in the community, that isn't a horrible idea but the community would have to include the whole city. It would be wrong to say cops working in the projects have to live in the projects. All that would cause is that NO cop would want to serve in the high crime areas and it would be dangerous to the cops when off duty. As is in my city, they don't ALLOW you to work in your own neighborhood for my above stated reasons.

My dad is stronger then your dad.

But his dad has a larger penis apparently

ps with chips on their shoulders, sociopaths.

I am living proof of that, I am a sociopath but it isn't because I was a cop. It is because I am Russian-Italian and we breed what mild Brits would consider sociopathic people ;)(so don't frack with me)

so I'm going to go with what I know the problem is instead of your version.

Exactly. It should also be noted he isn't even a member of OUR society and the whole logistics is different there. But I guess he is content to get his info from youtube and the sensationalist journalists who have English degrees and need to make a decent wage by increasing readership..which means creating anger,fear,etc!

Ignore the Man behind the curtain....do not make eye contact or engage in discussion....never ending rants about white men and a woman hater!!!

I can't :(.....I was told after the Tornado swept me away that I had to follow the YELLOW BRICK road to the emerald city to talk to the man behind the curtain! You can imagine my disappointment discovering the man is dlpoolupe2!

I wish I was home ..I wish I was home..I wish I was home! :(
 CharminC
Msg: 447
Posted: 5/30/2015 9:39:34 AM
Dpoo. .

You may be black but you're a UK man. That alone blows all your arguments out of the water.
You're arguing with Americans and cops too to boot. American cops It's practically comical.
Cc and Joe are the front line folks who appears to me to be the honest kind so in highly doubt they'd spout lies. And, you're arguing with them?

It's like me arguing about the racism and treatment towards the Deaf and hoh in the UK. How the fuk would I know? Oh sure I could draw from my own life experiences and from the media.
At best, my own would be the most accurate but its only one pov and I'm in another country. Which means I have no right to generalize about a population that I'm not even part of. No more than you have the right to speak for black Americans.
Like I said it's comical. Yet you go on and on.
Seriously dude. If I recall correctly from my time living in Chicago, my black friends would would tell you to stfu. If you aint here, then you know nothing.
Hate to say it but they wouldn't look at you as a fellow black man but a UK man.
Worlds apart.
I'm not saying there isn't racism but you are NOT the spokesman for them. Nope nope.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 448
Posted: 5/30/2015 9:41:10 AM
The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.
Robert Peel

Imagine if people just acted right :)
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 449
Posted: 5/30/2015 9:44:03 AM
I feel fat. You know those days when you just feel... fat?
 CharminC
Msg: 450
Posted: 5/30/2015 10:05:55 AM

I feel fat. You know those days when you just feel... fat?

It's your body loving you. It wants to love you more.
Hence the fat

You are loved!!!! You and me both sweetie. Ain't love freakin' grand ?!!!!! *cue romantic music*
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."