Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 451
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender buildPage 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Charmin: Only small children love me. And I'm so on to them. They're forever wanting to snuggle - they just love me for my soft body :( *cue Fred Penner music*
 JoeBnD
Msg: 452
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender build
Posted: 5/30/2015 10:43:55 AM
I have two large hernias that remind me every minute that I am fat. I am taking them golfing.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 453
Posted: 5/30/2015 11:07:10 AM

I feel fat. You know those days when you just feel... fat?

I ate a dozen macaroons yesterday, the last 2 today for breakfast. I feel no guilt. My uncle is taking me perfume shopping and likely gonna feed me some greasy stuff just like I like it. Then this evening, got reservation to a chocolate themed restaurant (courtesy of a former co-worker), and I'm gonna eat my heart out.

No f*cks given, live your life. I train hard, might as well eat hard?
 clooneystutor
Msg: 454
Posted: 5/30/2015 11:10:51 AM
^^^
Love that spirit!

I ate a bag of Jalapenos-Cheddar Cheetos and washed it down with a bottle of wine after a 10 mile death march yesterday.

Life's good!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 455
Posted: 5/30/2015 12:17:00 PM

Secondly CC - Joe don't live, work or socialize around black people

This is really going to chap your ass then.....

As I type this my neighbor across the road....a black man is cutting his grass..I'll give you this his first name is Eric last initial L.

My partner for the last five years was a black man. I was a supervisor and could have picked anyone ...but he was damned good. First name began with R. last name W. You think I'm bad you should of heard what he thought about thugs.......oh that's right... that makes him an uncle Tom. Funny how that works when it comes down to making folks responsibile for their actions.

Last night my step daughter and her husband stopped by....you guessed it, he's a black man, he and I replaced the headgasket on a Honda Civic for his daughter to drive to school awhile back. Makes more money than I ever have.....corporate position about 80k a year. Of course he made some good decisions, got an education doesn't wear his pants down below his ass and understands that his actions pretty much determine what his outcome in life will be. Doesn't blame the white man because he's black.

So just stop....you're making yourself look like a fool.
 CharminC
Msg: 456
Posted: 5/30/2015 12:22:08 PM

Of course you'd doubt that they would spout lies, because you as a white person has been socialized to give more credence to what white people say, than what black people say.

*facepalms..........Typical Dpoo answer, why am I not suprised.

You do not have black friends.

Oh (insert copious expletitives)

How do I know ? Easy. Three questions and I don't think I have ever met one white person who claimed to have black pass all three questions
1) Can you name them ? (First and last name) After all, I know the first and last names of all my real friends.
2) Where do your black friend grow up? After all, if asked this about a real friend, you would be able to answer with little trouble.
Then, for the handful who make it this far — and I mean they can be counted on a few fingers — I ask the final and ultimately fatal question.
3) Could you please dial their numbers on your phone for me, and let me speak to them ?

Again.... oh (insert expletitives)
I'm not giving you their full names. Are you #$%! stupid? How about first name and last intial? .. which I KNOW you will think are made up. They all grew up around Cicero and Oak Park where I resided which btw is divided by Roosevelt street. I would live in Cicero and cross the street to work in Oak Park. (I had previously lived in a nearby area that was nicknamed "chicago island" because it was the area Capone ruled) Both areas was ruled by black gangs.
Part of my job was to keep them from using our phone meant for customers. Naturally, I made friends with them and even dated some lol. Go up a few blocks south or east and you hit the "spics" as they called them. Another set of gangs.
Believe it or not, as a young white woman, I was safer with the blacks than the Mexicans. I could never be alone if I ventured out that area. Unless, that is if I was with any of my mexican friends that I knew and could vouch for me. (as you can see here, I'm friend with any race).
Now to answer your questions...
Trace L. My best friend all through high school. Yes, a BLACK MAN. *gasps!!!* Amazing isn't it?!!!! Me.. a white woman best friends with a black male.??? Unfreaking believeable eh? He was born in Toronto, to a Carribean father and a white woman, a mulatto but you'd never know since he looked full on black and grew up in my area. He has regaled me with stories of racism. I'd listen to him MORE THAN YOU! Oh.... and he has briefly lived in the states with his father. Yup.. I'd listen/believe him more than you.
Divonne and Cera, high school classmates.
In Chicago, aside from Trevor, I can't remember their last names. It's been years. 20 to be exact.
Trevor E. aka Scooter. Former gang member who changed his life after surviving a gunfight at point blank range. He was my bff and my "lover" for a year. Amazing man
Troy, a 6 foot 4 Snoop Dog lookalike that I dated for a few months after Scooter.
D'veon, his best friend... who incidentally took his gf away before Troy started seeing me. I could write a story that would be made into a movie about that. I was almost shot in a case of mistaken indentity due
Paul R. who lied to me about his age. lol Dated him til I left to come back to Canada.
There are a few others that lived in the same area that hung with all of us almost daily.
There was a group of us. Polish, Italians, Blacks and me... the only Canadian lol. They literally thought I lived in a igloo. Too funny.
and finally Shaun B. from Cleveland whom I've known for 10 years. He just got married and had a baby. Awww

That's just off the top of my head. Not counting the tons of people I've met in my lifetime.

So.. there you go. I didn't lie. I DON'T LIE
I have no reasons to. You say that because its your only rebuttal and its weak. SO weak!
It's childish.

Because you are lying. You don't have black friends. Very few whites do.

You say this because

I have ever met one white person who claimed to have black pass all three questions

You must live in a bubble or have VERY little contact with the outside world.
Pity
Much pity dude. *pats you on the top of your head*
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 12:36:48 PM

Secondly CC - Joe don't live, work or socialize around black people.

Where did you get that?

Almost half the NYPD is non white. This includes a large number of blacks. I also worked with many blacks in the board of ed. In NYC kids travel out of their neighborhood for special programs in HS.. that included black people. Did I mention my nanny who was black from Granada and was like a mom to me until age 11?

But your argument could be said "black people don't live, work or socialize around white people"

Most whites live lives isolated from black people. One can expect this degree of isolation to lead to a skewed perception of what other people experience.

True, and that also means black people isolate away from white people. But I can bring a few points up.

A black person can usually live a peaceful existence in a white area. Sure there have been a few rare cases where they were attacked(Howard beach) but generally no problems.

I live in a zip code that is 75% white, 20 % Asian, 4% black. The blacks don't get harassed by the others in the zip code. It is actually surprising to me considering the area has a great Russian(and other FSU nationalities) population and the culture tends to be both racist and xenophobic. In fact there has been a few anti Semitic incidents and the zip code is probably almost 50% Jewish(like most of south Brooklyn), now that is strange!

But I find it funny you never bring up the racism against whites. I assure you that a white person cannot SAFELY live in a black area without experiencing harassment by neighbors, and feeling unsafe due to possible violence. White teachers get yelled at as they walk to the subway( had that happen). Cops get yelled at! firemen get yelled at! Telephone and other utility workers who are white often get harassed or WORST when doing jobs there. So is whitey really the devil?

After all, if one doesn’t know many blacks, or witness discrimination, it is all the more likely that one will find the notion of widespread mistreatment hard to digest.

True, but if one works in the black areas, like I did , I see exactly what is going on/down. No wool over my eyes! And most importantly, the law abiding NICE black people there also often know whats going on and are thankful that the "thugs" who feel cops harass them are doing their jobs. Funny how one always forgets the silent majority!

How do I know ? Easy. Three questions and I don't think I have ever met one white person who claimed to have black pass all three questions

Really? well why would someone give you phone numbers? that is wrong and improper but I know many people who can pass the rest of the test and at one time I could. Now- NOPE..but tbh I can't barely give you any numbers regardless of race because I am in my 40's and in a relationship. I don't HANG with my boys anymore like I did 20 years ago. I was married also for a long time , so just like many, priorities change and friends move apart.

That being said people of different backgrounds , unless they are childhood friends, are generally not going to have deep relationships with each other. Race/culture/ethnicity/taste in foods/ hobbies all will play a part in that. But if the black person has the same culture/interests with a white person..it is totally possible. Hawkings from this very forum will call you out on that..he claims ALL of his best friends are white!

Every country I have been, if there are black people there and they are in a minority, they have to deal with racism / white supermeacy. Whether it's Italy, Germany, France, Swede, China. The same dog that bites them, bites me too.

News flash! It isn't necessarily because they are black..being a minority in many countries is enough!Jews will often claim the same. And yeah in China what would you expect?? It isn't an immigrant country!

Countries with homogeneous population and low tolerance for diversity will be that way usually. I am sue there are African countries where whites are subjected to abuse. In fact according to peace corps members experiences there have been numerous incidents of white gals being raped(sometimes killed). In Turkey white women are harassed and sometimes raped by the darker Turks( my friends wife has a story for you) In Korea the majority look down on whites, and Chinese. Japanese look down on Chinese.

Oh yeah don't expect favorable treatment in former Soviet union...but Slavic people tend to ONLY like each other!

It isn't specific to blacks. You are using the victim card!

Unless you think blacks do not think and act as individuals and the full range of humanity is found only in the white race ?

Saying that the her is like the pot calling the kettle Black! OPPS I just used the B word. I guess the term "call a spade a spade" is also racist to you?

ps--out of curiosity if you are 100% correct and blacks and whites don't mix, then who in gods name is harassing and subjecting the blacks to bad treatment where they live? Wouldn't it mean blacks are subjecting other blacks since they live close together? lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 458
Posted: 5/30/2015 12:51:42 PM

I ate a dozen macaroons yesterday, the last 2 today for breakfast. I feel no guilt. My uncle is taking me perfume shopping and likely gonna feed me some greasy stuff just like I like it. Then this evening, got reservation to a chocolate themed restaurant (courtesy of a former co-worker), and I'm gonna eat my heart out.

Nothing wrong with that. It's summer - why not enjoy?

No f*cks given, live your life. I train hard, might as well eat hard?

Exactly - same here. I just spent 8 days in Fort Lauderdale where I fully expected to go off my usual diet and exercise routine and do some damage. Instead I drank very little, stayed within my diet (mostly) and worked out 4 times.

So when I got home last week I slacked off here. Shrug. Why not?
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 459
Posted: 5/30/2015 1:30:58 PM
I feel fat today too. Just thought I'd contribute something.

On the other running topic, I can't read all that. Of course there is racism and there have been horrendous examples lately. I just don't know why we are debating it. I still feel fat today. Also for some reason I feel really sexy! Doesn't usually work that way lol.
 south_city
Msg: 460
Posted: 5/30/2015 2:01:21 PM
Why do people keep arguing with dlpoolupe2? Giving examples of racism is a tit for tat argument that keeps going in circles. People just need to ignore him. BTW in the past, the moderators would have deleted any posts that clearly had nothing to do with original topic in anyway.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 461
Posted: 5/30/2015 2:12:38 PM
I want to hear from the men in this thread who feel fat today.
 DeepakChoprahWinfrey
Msg: 462
Posted: 5/30/2015 2:16:40 PM
I feel fat today - are you happy now Woman in progress ?

lol
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 463
Posted: 5/30/2015 2:17:26 PM

being part of the High IQ society

That's interesting. Are you aware there are police departments in the Northeast who have refused to hire applicants who score too highly on IQ tests. I believe one applicant, with about a 120 IQ (superior, but hardly close to genius) sued and the Court ruled that the police had the right to reject any applicants who the departments felt too smart for the job? Apparently, high IQ applicants would be too bored being street cops.

Not trying to change the subject here. I find this argument interesting to say the least. But just wanted to give you that tid-bit.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 464
Posted: 5/30/2015 2:23:01 PM

We both know what will happen. Cops kill unarmed black man ? They will walk free. I don't even know why they bothering to have a trial and wasting taxpayers money.

Maybe, maybe not. But the prosecutor (who is Black) was an in-house automobile defense insurance lawyer before running for and winning her position. Her incompetence shows every time she speaks and how she handled this case. Her incompetence has nothing to with her being black, but being inexperienced (although she was an assistant DA for a short period of time) and woefully out of her league. She has already hurt the case tremendously given her rush to judgment without first a thorough investigation . . a competent Defense attorney is going to rip in to the prosecutor's office, and obviously the police are not there to support it, so if the case goes South, a lot of the blame will have to go on her.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 465
Posted: 5/30/2015 3:29:38 PM
oluben-Another thread gone off the rails. I'm not joining the hijack express.
The topic was what to do if someone clicks with you, but has a problem with your weight.
It's interesting that so many people think the OP is the one with hangs ups over weight. I read and reread her post several times and because of the way she words it, what I saw is that SHE is the one being rejected over her weight.
To the OP, I have had it happen and it doesn't feel good, but it doesn't "crush" me because I have learned not to get overly invested in the beginning.
Some people are a little shallow, they lead with looks and everything else follows.
What I find aggravating are people who have profiles that go on and on about how they have been mistreated, cheated on, how they really want someone who has a good heart, is a good person, blah blah and then BAM!, there it is, please do not contact me if you are overweight. SIGH!
I think a lot of people are either confused and/or in deep denial about what they REALLY want.
Yes, someone who is good looking is great, but if there is nothing under the surface, I'm turned off, instantly. I have to believe there are others out there who are the same.
As we age, we will all eventually loose our looks, what doesn't change is the type of person you are on the inside.
What do I do when someone turns me down over my weight?
I accept it and move on, that's all you can do.
The right person for me will focus on my heart and my mind, not how much I weigh.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 3:51:55 PM

That's interesting. Are you aware there are police departments in the Northeast who have refused to hire applicants who score too highly on IQ tests. I believe one applicant, with about a 120 IQ (superior, but hardly close to genius) sued and the Court ruled that the police had the right to reject any applicants who the departments felt too smart for the job? Apparently, high IQ applicants would be too bored being street cops.

Not trying to change the subject here. I find this argument interesting to say the least. But just wanted to give you that tid-bit.

Never heard that..interesting. I do know on the pysch test never show you like any traditional female occupations(i said nursing/teaching). They will question you under a spotlight lol.

But police dept's are allowed to violate many fair standard laws and even the Americans with Disabilities act.

Tbh the police written exam isn't very hard at all but in addition to good observation SCENARIOS, many of the questions seemed geared towards following orders and not over analyzing the situation. I had to study practice tests beforehand to figure out the type of acceptable answers.
I was basically a test where I had to forget I had critical thinking skills and be a GOOD soldier. My best friend who is less educated and less intellectual scored higher!I only got a 95 :(

And yes I was bored A LOT!

Now when I took the federal exam to be a US Marshal, the test was the Treasury Enforcement exam. Same test Secret Service, and IRS agents took. It was an extremely hard test.

Lots of advance math problems, spatial relationship questions, etc. I scored an 86...and thought they would never call me since everyone knows one needs over 90 % for most civil service jobs.

I got called and when one Deputy US Marshal was fingerprinting me I asked what he thought my chances were. He asked my score. He said they will call me because he only got a 74 lol.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 4:31:55 PM

A friend is someone you have over for dinner regularly, someone you go on vacation with, someone you ask to be in your wedding party, someone you go to church with on Sunday, someone you call often to share your most intimate secrets.

Really? so I guess I have NO friends lol..of any race!

You have a very large encompassing view of friendship. Most friendships in life (except ones childhood relationships where one is part of the family) generally end or become distance. That is life. And pretty common in USA and I suspect Canada due to the large geographic area and the mobile population.

Why would you go on vacation with a friend? If/when I go on vacation I go with my gf or I go and seduce and pillage the local population. Maybe Charmin is similar? Why would she want to spend more time with the people she talks and sees often?

Who says she goes to church? Mostly families go to church together. Not friends. But friends do join cults together...you know any good ones?

Who is getting married?

Sharing intimate secrets? really , you call people you hanged out with 20 years ago to share intimate secrets? Fact your a guy saying that makes me question if you still have your man card! lol.

Most male friends do activities together, not share intimate secrets!

What is funny is you haven't answered the charge of blacks being racist against whites! Where is all these white people you are sharing your intimate feelings with? Are you inviting them on vacation? c'mon help us out here! Share with us details!

Of course they will value your friendship when you call them and tell them how racist they are and that they are the devil(so to speak)
 2ufo
Msg: 468
Posted: 5/30/2015 4:42:04 PM
Three questions
Hmm, I'm white (well, a little tanned on the arms) and I'll take your test.

Let see - claiming a black friend. Crud, failed at the first gate.
Claiming a white friend. Does Hispanic Count? Chinese? Vietnamese? Yes!
1. Can I name them: TB, CV, MV (not related to CV), Yes!
2. Where did they grow up? Uh, Texas/New Mexico, Vietnam, Texas. Yeah, that's two points for me!
3. Dial their numbers. Crud, failed again. Not only do I not know their numbers, I don't even own a phone. Maybe that's why I don't know their numbers.

A friend is someone you have over for dinner regularly, someone you go on vacation with, someone you ask to be in your wedding party, someone you go to church with on Sunday, someone you call often to share your most intimate secrets.

There's the problem! I don't have any friends.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 469
Posted: 5/30/2015 4:51:47 PM
Being from Canada, my only friends are wildlife. Try taking a moose on vacation :(
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 4:57:22 PM
I have 3 cats and they are ALL black colored( seriously). Does that count as friends? My main cat has traveled to Europe and Florida(we took him to Disney) multiple times so I think that should qualify as vacationing with friends. I feed them so that qualifies as dining!
 2ufo
Msg: 471
Posted: 5/30/2015 5:02:31 PM
Do you know your cats' phone number and if called, would he vouch for you?
 CharminC
Msg: 472
Posted: 5/30/2015 5:28:37 PM

Your so called black "friends" know that the chances of your dropping your toddler off with them in their part of town while you go on a weekend trip is about as good as your inviting them to go on the trip with you.

You're so into the color of your skin, you can't see beyond it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to drag people down. Ummm...kay?
"Their part of town" Fukin hilarious. The mindframe you have aren't doing your own race any favors. In fact, you are disrespecting it with your idiocy.

Baby: "Being from Canada, my only friends are wildlife. Try taking a moose on vacation :( "
Joe: "I have 3 cats and they are ALL black colored( seriously). Does that count as friends? "
2ufo: "Do you know your cats' phone number and if called, would he vouch for you?"

lol............. +1 :)
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 5:47:24 PM

Yup... white men, scourge of the of the world and the only group that no one has a problem openly slagging and vilifying....
.... get rid of those fvckers before it's too late.

There ain't a white man on the planet who would swap places wid me. You get some white broke ass beggar on the street, he would not swap places wid me, he's gonna ride that white train out till the end.

Jeepers... did I start this diversion from the thread topic? I certainly didn't intend to do that. I just thought I'd point out that white men are easy targets for pretty well any ill that plagues the planet....

... and I can name numerous men who will never have the opportunity to get a university degree and would happily change places with you, dlpool. They are ALL Caucasian. I could also provide many examples of women, aboriginal, mentally challenged, folks who suffer from mental illness, and a whole spectrum of disadvantaged people who would happily change places with someone like you.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 474
Posted: 5/30/2015 6:25:06 PM

I feel fat today - are you happy now Woman in progress ?

lol

Ecstatic!
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 475
Posted: 5/30/2015 6:26:33 PM
No messseur, most of those issues would likely be excluded from a criminal trial as being more prejudicial than probative. What really might make a difference will be the makeup of the jury. if we assume Baltimore seats primarily black juries and they are as racist as you, it is foreseeable such a jury will convict regardless of reasonable doubt. Just as a black jury acquitted OJ Simpson of murder despite over whelming evidence against him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."