Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 477
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender buildPage 20 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
"A friend is someone you have over for dinner regularly, someone you go on vacation with, someone you ask to be in your wedding party, someone you go to church with on Sunday, someone you call often to share your most intimate secrets.
That's a friend.
Your so called black "friends" know that the chances of your dropping your toddler off with them in their part of town while you go on a weekend trip is about as good as your inviting them to go on the trip with you. "

Is that what it takes to not be racist? I guess I qualify and so does my entire family. They can drop their toddler off with me also if they go away for the weekend. But I don't go to church so that one is out.

But there is real racism out there. But all this ranting is just noise- you aren't actually achieving anything, and your energy and emotion is being wasted. There are other and better ways.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 478
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender build
Posted: 5/30/2015 8:25:19 PM

Your so called black "friends" know that the chances of your dropping your toddler off with them in their part of town while you go on a weekend trip is about as good as your inviting them to go on the trip with you. "

What part of town would that be? What is the presumption that my black "friends" live in an area I wouldn't drop off my child. My black neighbors were Downtown Freddie Brown (never invited into his house) and Bill Russell (spent the afternoon there a couple times).

My best "black" "so called" friend died yesterday. No, I never dropped my toddler off with him to babysit. But I did go camping with him and we often played cards and he took my son fishing. We visited each other's homes. He attended my law school graduation. I helped decorate his Christmas tree a few years (I have the patience to string the lights). We talked gardening and golf. We rollerskated together for more than 15 years. We talked about his growing up in segregated whitey eastern Washington. We talked about how it felt when his father died and he inherited his dad's leather wallet and what that wallet meant to him. We shared a love of soul, funk, jazz, R&B, but not so much blues or rap. He loved sweetpotato pie so I tried to make it once - never could be as good as his mama's but I tried. He was often angry. It almost always simmered below the surface. Except when skating and fishing. He seemed honestly happy then. I knew I could never truly enter his world. And he could never truly enter mine. But we were open to being as honest as we could be. Our relationship was nuanced. It did not fit your one-dimensional presumption that blacks live one way and whites live another. I will miss him greatly.
 cooldog65
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 9:40:12 PM
WomanInProgress...
I want to hear from the men in this thread who feel fat today.

I'm feeling a little "chubby" below the waist. Does that count?
 CharminC
Msg: 480
Posted: 5/30/2015 9:51:50 PM
But there is real racism out there. But all this ranting is just noise- you aren't actually achieving anything, and your energy and emotion is being wasted. There are other and better ways.

^^^
There is a way. It's called believing that a black person and a white person can be friends no matter what.
NO MATTER WHAT

Dpoo.....I find it insulting that you would reduce the significance of the friendship with my black friends because of the color of their skin.
One was there for me and my mom as she laid suffering for a year from cancer then was a pallbearer at her funeral. After 30 years you honestly believe I would not hold him in such high esteem because of the human being he is but rather deduct him as insignificant because he's black? Hence my calling out your idiocy.

But you don't understand this friendship is real because you can't see beyond your narrow screwed up mindframe.
It holds no confidence and belief that two races can be friends no matter what.
That's sad. Really sad.
But since you insult my friends I no longer pity you. I think you are.................
And with that confidence and belief, racism is part of human nature and life, alive and kicking between any race. Any race
BUT it is and never will be in every single one of us.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 481
Posted: 5/31/2015 5:47:58 AM
Cynthia -- please accept my condolences...May he RIP.

Take care
 dragonbytes
Msg: 482
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:12:58 AM

I don't just feel fat, I am. I gained maybe 4-5 lbs over a month in Thailand, and I wasn't skinny to start with. At 5.5 and 166 lbs, definitely overweight.

I see some of my pictures in a too tight bathing suit, and it embarrasses me a little. I don't like how it feels when driving a car, my gut tends to hang over my belt. My butt has always been small, so I can slip off my pants without undoing them.

I thought about posting the pics in the "what not to wear at this age" thread :))).

Don't like it, but it's a real battle getting the weight off, and my circumstances tend to encourage weight gain. My wife doesn't mind it at all, she likes to eat out often, likes pastries, keeps candy in a big box and isn't into any gym activity that makes her sweat. When was single I never bought candy so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it. Now it's all to easy to indulge.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 483
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:30:14 AM
Dragon,

If it's any consolation, I'm shorter than you and weight more than you (not by a lot though), but I've got boobs and butt to absorb some of that weight, it's not a bad deal, lmao.

Any candy either of you don't want, send it my way.
 DeepakChoprahWinfrey
Msg: 484
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:44:50 AM
It's one thing to battle the belly jelly constantly, and yeah it becomes harder after 40 but ....

I just wish when I was young, trying to bench press as much as I could that if I didn't keep it up for the rest of my life ....

CONSEQUENCES !!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 485
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:47:04 AM
Unnecessary roughness. Why the details? Why can't someone say that it is not working or just not interested? Is " I don't like your body type" neccesary?
Too thin too fat whateverthere is someone who will like you as is. Hey, some men are all about the base. Know a young Brad Pitt lookalike like that.

By the way, bow did the race thing grow out of the original question.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 486
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:56:27 AM
Just try telling a woman you like her body type and want to date, but she has a lousy personality, so please don't stay overnight.

Ya just can't win in this dating game.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 487
Posted: 5/31/2015 7:04:33 AM

@Belle: There are times, with some of the harsh things you say, I would rather kiss a cheesegrater than date you - but fair's fair.

I don't blame you, I love cheese too.

That is an absolutely stunning picture you've just put up. For me, your best yet, by miles. I guess the other women ran out of the pizza parlour because they couldn't compete? ;-)

Thanks, there are many pizza shops, but not all make good pizza.
 deetristate
Msg: 488
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:28:40 AM
Reminds me of the Chris Rock joke about he has a lot of white friends but he is the only black friend that they have, or some such. It is on YouTube,I think.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 489
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:36:14 AM
bye Oluben. You were funny. You will be missed.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 490
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:43:11 AM
The bottom line for you is you are the classic victim. It's everybody else's fault for what you think and how you feel. what you don't get is we don't give a damn about people like you. Hate filled people play no role in our worlds. With my black friends and clients, I need to stop and think about their being black because their race is not even on my radar. They are just like any other friends and clients. But I am not naive. I know your type exists in the world. That's why I sometimes carry a gun and try to avoid going into the neighborhoods where your type live. This forum is open to any and all. Perhaps you have joined isis. The biggest loses the world has ever known? You sound like one of them. Victims all.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 491
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:44:31 AM
Wtf? But I LOVED him. This place sucks D:

(re. Oluben)
 CharminC
Msg: 492
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:56:58 AM
Why is oluben gone but dpoo isn't?
Kicked off the wrong one .

Oh no matter
I'm more interested in the fudge brownies I made
nom nom nom
 Walts
Msg: 493
Posted: 5/31/2015 9:57:18 AM

Don't feel fat but, phuck, I'm sore as hell, and thirsty as a duck and,,,,,,,no headache. I think I'll work on that headache soon.

I'm more interested in the fudge brownies I made

Are those the fancy dancy WHITE brownies that us raciest only eat?
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 494
Posted: 5/31/2015 10:06:15 AM
Nah, if I'm still here, oluben self destructed. I assume the nuke button woman is off enjoying her weekend, since early friday, or I would have been gone by now. I angered the wrong she devils. They have stood in line to complain about me. No way I would still be if she was on duty.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 495
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 5/31/2015 10:39:40 AM

I'm feeling a little "chubby" below the waist. Does that count?

I would be silly if I didn't see that one coming. Took longer than I thought though.

Unnecessary roughness. Why the details? Why can't someone say that it is not working or just not interested? Is " I don't like your body type" necessary?

Agreed - details aren't required and can be left out unless someone corners you and really has to know...then I figure they asked for it. At the end of the day we all have to like what we see.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 496
Posted: 5/31/2015 10:58:50 AM
I've always wondered why some people thrive no matter what the obstacles they face and others do not. What accounts for that? The jews have been vilified throughout history. butchered, enslaved, 6 million murdered in the holocaust. Yet they managed to pull together and build one of the most technologically advanced nations in a desert with enemies everywhere. All kinds of groups have immigrated to the us were oppressed yet have been successful. The Germans completely whipped in ww2 are back. The Japanese were essentially put in concentration camps in the us during the war, and they have thrived. Even many blacks have fought their way to huge successes in the country, not to mention our president, And yet we still have self victimized people so filled with hate..... Why is it everyone else's fault?
 CharminC
Msg: 497
Posted: 5/31/2015 11:55:19 AM

Are those the fancy dancy WHITE brownies that us raciest only eat?

Oh god no. They are black... black as the night without a moon. I even put extra high quality dutch cocoa in it. Heavenly. Absolutely heavenly

And yet we still have self victimized people so filled with hate..... Why is it everyone else's fault?

Because rather than deal with themselves they point their fingers outward instead of inward.
 deetristate
Msg: 498
Posted: 5/31/2015 12:42:06 PM
Dl - some will never get it and don't want to - and that has nothing to do with the race of the person getting it or not. On this site you just move on from a lost cause. Doesn't mean that you concede or that they are right.
 deetristate
Msg: 499
Posted: 5/31/2015 12:52:49 PM
Some still won't WANT to get it.
Unfortunately.
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 500
Posted: 5/31/2015 12:56:30 PM
Not that people don't get it. They get it all to well. Some of us just don't accept the excuses and especially the self victimization.
Dl is as much of a victim mentality as anybody out there. Of course there is still racism in the country. Of course some cops act differently towards black people. Do you expect them to simply ignore the black culture of criminal behavior and violence throughout the inner cities of america? Do you think the facts on the ground are not going to have an impact on people. How do you deal with a crime where one black youth shoots another for his pair of sneakers. There is obviously something deeply wrong in a culture that promotes that kind of violence. My black friends and clients are like everybody else. But I am fully aware there a culture, which they are not a part of, where life itself is given little value. Black lives do matter. And the young black male involved in gang life needs to learn this better than any others.
 deetristate
Msg: 501
Posted: 5/31/2015 12:57:32 PM
Dl- i have learned here to make your statement sbout race and move on. Some will never get it and to do so would upset their conscious . I know that some will interpret no response is conceding, which it isn't absent a clear statement to that effect. Those who will get it have, and thst has nothing to dwith race
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."