Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 501
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender buildPage 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
What's to get? Racism is a serious problem. What am I not getting? I'm sorry for being born white. Is there some way I can pay penance?
 Oldmanhome
Msg: 502
What I am looking for is a man who has a slim/slender build
Posted: 5/31/2015 1:55:39 PM
None of this matters dl. You are going to be treated with the respect, or not, you earn today. Nobody is going to give you a pass because of what blacks have endured. All I know is that my black friends and clients act no differently than anybody else and I think of them the same way as everybody else. When I get scam emails from Nigeria or russia, I think of these people as dirt bags. I don't give them a pass because of their backgrounds. I can't solve the world's problems. I can only judge people for who they are today. I owe zero to black people to atone for what they have gone through. If they are decent people, I think of them like everybody else. If I see three black thuggy looking people heading my way on a deserted street, experience tells me to be prepared if there is some sort of confrontation. I don't care about the reasons why I might consider they might be dangerous. I just have to steel myself for reality. If that is racism, than I am a racist. I see the world I live in as it is, not as I hope to be. By the way, I agree with you about obama. The lack of respect he has gotten from some clearly shows racism is alive and well in the world. But bush also gets lots of disrespect, in his case because he was a god awful president and deserves the disrespect.
 DeepakChoprahWinfrey
Msg: 503
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 5/31/2015 3:12:32 PM

I’ve seen enough women with guys who had horrible bodies to lead me to conclude that if a woman likes a guy enough she will overlook A LOT physically.

Spot on !
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 504
Posted: 5/31/2015 3:16:47 PM
Racism is about making broad generalizations about an entire population instead of looking at people as individuals. I know a girl who will not date black men because her sister was raped by a black man. To me, that is racist- she's assuming all black men must be potential rapists. The truth is that there's rapists of every race out there. It's scary the views that some people still have in this day and age.
 DeepakChoprahWinfrey
Msg: 505
Posted: 5/31/2015 3:19:57 PM
^^^^^ Not only that but some people absolutely hate pineapple on pizza but I actually think it brings out the tanginess in the cheese
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 506
Posted: 5/31/2015 3:31:52 PM

Racism is about making broad generalizations about an entire population instead of looking at people as individuals. I know a girl who will not date black men because her sister was raped by a black man. To me, that is racist- she's assuming all black men must be potential rapists.

Since when is dating an equal opportunity venture?

You need mutual interest, ongoing consent, and the freedom of choice to make it work.

It's her preference, and by not dating somebody who's black (Hispanic, Caucasion, American), for whatever reason, is her business. She does not have to avail her mind and body to anybody whom she deems doesn't deserve space in her life; and by doing this, she is not oppressing black men and denying them education, work, justice, reproductive choices, by saying no to their dating/sexual advances that directly affects her own civil/constitutional rights.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 507
Posted: 5/31/2015 3:38:29 PM
^^^ Correct, if you're just not attracted to a person of a certain race that is not racist. A black woman who is only attracted to black men is not racist, that's just a preference. What is racist is not wanting to date somebody of a certain race only because you think that they all must be a certain way.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 508
Posted: 5/31/2015 3:57:46 PM
^^Again, I don't see how dating preferences fit into this?

What is racist is not wanting to date somebody of a certain race

The reason is upon the person who makes that decision, and it doesn't affect us, either way.

only because you think that they all must be a certain way

So, because somebody isn't black (Caucasian, Hispanic,. native american), they don't have the right to decide if a black (Caucasian, Hispanic, Native American) shares their bed, space, and life?

By all means, file a grievance and see where that gets you.

She might be prejudiced against black men; but there isn't any law that states she must date a certain race of people regardless of what she wants. (This issue was tackled a few decades, ago.)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2015 4:01:59 PM
^^^Incorrect..it is stereotyping( race stereotyping perhaps) but not racism. Now unless your country has a more inclusive definition like Vicki claims UK does your definition isn't ours! Not dating someone because one stereotypes them being a certain way doesn't make them inferior..it just means that person doesn't think they are a match!

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Someone who has a bad experience that caused extreme emotional trauma(like sister being raped) will be acting on fear, consciously and/OR subconsciously. So she is stereotyping as a method of avoidance of bad emotions.

They aren't making the choice because they think the other race is inferior or that they think they are superior. Just because race is the STEROTYPE or factor isolated doesn't make it racism.

That is like saying a white guy refusing to walk down a street in a black neighborhood is a racist. Yeah it would be if the white disliked blacks because he thought they were inferior, but if he does so because he thinks the neighborhood is unsafe it is not racism, because statistically most of the time they are and being 90% right is justifiable when safety is concerned. Context is everything!

If that was the case the medical community and mother nature would be considered racists because science has shown African American men have a higher rate of sickle cell Anemia..I assume you aren't suggesting this?

Or that political correctness (PC) should take a front seat ahead of a possible medical fact? Sometimes listening to some here(especially the Canadians ;)) one gets the impression that PC has somehow trumped common sense.....the future is scary!

PS--I said the above purposely to see if you would call me a racist because a certain person expanded the term racism to include singling out Americans..so I assume saying Canadians would be similar lol.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 510
Posted: 5/31/2015 4:17:51 PM

Since when is dating an equal opportunity venture?

You need mutual interest, ongoing consent, and the freedom of choice to make it work.

It's her preference, and by not dating somebody who's black (Hispanic, Caucasion, American), for whatever reason, is her business. She does not have to avail her mind and body to anybody whom she deems doesn't deserve space in her life; and by doing this, she is not oppressing black men and denying them education, work, justice, reproductive choices, by saying no to their dating/sexual advances that directly affects her own civil/constitutional rights.

100%

Some people take issue with not being included, irrespective of whether they wanted the very thing or not.

Just like the tree in the forrest.........If someone doesn't want to date you, you wouldn't date them anyway....does it still count as rejection?

You know many times I've been told "I wouldn't date you" in the forums? Why does such seem to come from people I woudln't date in the first place? Am I supposed to feel rejection? because I don't, I don't feel anything no matter the reason.......caviar could be running out and I woudn't feel like anything is being lost because I don't eat caviar.

While we get to use labels however we please, let us please look up the meaning before we employ them.
 deetristate
Msg: 511
Posted: 5/31/2015 4:47:25 PM
I know women who won't date Italians or Irish because they think that they are alcoholics or middle eastern men because they think they have terrorist potential.

As to the original topic, weight is not that important to some men.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2015 5:00:41 PM
^^exactly..according to some I come from 2 groups(Italian-Russian) that are too mafia. WTF do I care? I hope they don't date me because GOD forbid they get leaned on they might rat me out! lol.
 Walts
Msg: 513
Posted: 5/31/2015 5:01:21 PM
^^^^^ Irish are not alcoholics. Alcoholics have a problem with their drinking and we definitely don't have any problems with the sippin.

At all.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 514
Posted: 5/31/2015 5:05:47 PM
^^^
Here's to a long life and a merry one.

A quick death and an easy one.

A pretty girl and an honest one.

A cold beer and another one...
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 515
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:04:56 PM

She might be prejudiced against black men; but there isn't any law that states she must date a certain race of people regardless of what she wants. (This issue was tackled a few decades, ago.)

If she's prejudiced against black men she might actually be doing them a favor by not dating them. Would they really want to date a woman who stereotypes all black men?

Incorrect..it is stereotyping( race stereotyping perhaps) but not racism. Now unless your country has a more inclusive definition like Vicki claims UK does your definition isn't ours! Not dating someone because one stereotypes them being a certain way doesn't make them inferior..it just means that person doesn't think they are a match!

Racism- hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism?s=t

Stereotype- a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group: The cowboy and Indian are American stereotypes.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stereotyping?s=t

It's possible that racism and stereotyping can go together. You can have hatred or intolerance of another race or other races and it can be based on a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 516
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:11:57 PM

A quick death and an easy one.

Darling! It's not that bad! It's just a forum!
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 517
Posted: 5/31/2015 6:14:37 PM

If she's prejudiced against black men she might actually be doing them a favor by not dating them

Hmmm......did that come out like you intended?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 518
Posted: 5/31/2015 7:29:03 PM
^ I don't get it. And I'm not even that dumb :S
 deetristate
Msg: 519
Posted: 6/1/2015 5:07:10 AM
Reminded me of a man who won't date blondes because he thinks they are dumb.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 520
Posted: 6/1/2015 5:51:47 AM

^ I don't get it. And I'm not even that dumb :S

Doing someone a favor (in this context) infers privilege, so in essence that I'd be pitying them by dating them as they are not deserving. It implies that it is him who is being prejudiced.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 521
Posted: 6/1/2015 6:14:54 AM
What year did 'To Sir, with Love' come out?
 cooldog65
Msg: 522
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 6:53:53 AM
^^^^^ Movie came out in 1967. Interesting movie and great song by Lulu who was also in the movie.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 523
Posted: 6/1/2015 7:19:22 AM

Bullsh*t.
It's nothing to do with a attraction. You think a woman finds her vibrator sexually attractive ? No. But you best believe that can and has made her orgasm harder than a lot of real life size men.

With a sex toy we can imagine whoever we want. We can't do that with someone we have no attraction to in the same room. That's a good attempt at a theory though - I've heard that nonsense before. For someone without a vagina you seem to know a lot about the female reproductive process. Pfft.

I don't give a dam what the women is. If a fit healthy, reasonably attractive man of ANY race was to stick his equipment in any women and start banging away, she'll get turned on, period.

(*damn, *WHO a woman is) Wrong. Many of us have been in that situation (drinking, sleeping with a friend who we hope we would build attraction to, rape, etc) and been anything but turned on. When you are a woman, get back to us on that one.

Women are like men, maybe even worse, they just front like they're all picky and selective, because that's how civilisation works, nothing would get done or built if women were just as low down as men.

Racism and misogyny as well? You're a piece of work. Men are low down? Where is this happening? Is that an absolute statement?

Women are like chimps in the jungle, the way a chimp swings from branch to branch, never letting go of the previous branch, until they are secure in the next branch. Women are a bit like that with men.

You always forget to use the word "some" or the words "a lot of" or "a few" when you make your statements. You like to broadly sweep with generalizations, do you? Here's one.

I believe you like to post things here to rile up and bait other forum posters, and that you don't particularly care that you have no idea what you're talking about so long as you can get attention in a place where perhaps no one notices you otherwise. Seems to be working too...were you a middle child growing up?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 524
Posted: 6/1/2015 7:29:49 AM

It's nothing to do with a attraction.

Gosh...... think I'll quote you on this.

Bullsh*t.

I don't give a dam what the women is. If a fit healthy, reasonably attractive man of ANY race was to stick his equipment in any women and start banging away, she'll get turned on, period.

That's kind of a scary thought process you have going on there.

If it has nothing to do with attraction why must your example above be reasonably attractive instead of butt ugly?

south_city
Msg: 525
Posted: 6/1/2015 7:31:10 AM

because somebody isn't black (Caucasian, Hispanic,. native american), they don't have the right to decide if a black (Caucasian, Hispanic, Native American) shares their bed, space, and life?

By all means, file a grievance and see where that gets you.

Of course, people can date whomever they want to for whatever reason. However if the reason is based on stereotype, then it can be racist. A person doesn't necessarily has to do something illegal in order to be a racist. As a side note, if person only dates certain race(s) then it's a requirement. Not a preference. People on POF often mix up these terms.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."