Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 77
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

He walks upright and a male and you actually care what he thinks?

Some of us guys actually like being on all on fours.

Well, not all the time but, there are those special moments.

Usually behind closed doors.

Unless there are cameras.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 78
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 12/28/2014 6:58:33 AM
I do not think Halcyon_Skies Man looks 20 years older than her! HS also looks way younger than her age.
Pretty bad when now we are attacking ppl's S.O. to score a point :(
btw, the options on the drop down menu changed so casual/no commitment is as close as you can say " not looking"
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/28/2014 8:18:46 AM
I lost 40 pounds last year, perhaps all the extra skin went to my chin.....{shrug}

Time for the ZZ top look apparently...lol
 Like2dance
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 8:30:59 AM
I just tell the woman as nicely as possible that I see her as a friend, keeping it to ten words or less.

BTW, OP, please get rid of the photo showing you kissing a rat in your profile. Ugh!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/28/2014 8:43:37 AM
What's with all the personal attacks in this thread? Kind of disheartening...

For intent, when I selected "isn't seeking a relationship or any type of commitment" from the drop-down menu, it showed up in my profile as "casual dating/no commitment" even though I'm spoken for and am not interested in dating anyone.

I don't think this matters so long as you select "not single/not looking" and throw a description in your profile most will likely not take the other selection too seriously...it doesn't look like there's any viable option there if you're involved.
 cooldog65
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 8:44:14 AM
I'm going to weigh in on this topic now...

In my opinion, our earwig friendly OP has a nice, slender, non athletic type body. I'm thinking the guy in question probably thought under her clothes she was perhaps skinny fat? No complaints from me.

I'm a former fatty myself. Lost 70 pounds (from 225 to 155) during my senior year of high school and lost 185 pounds after getting divorced in 2001 (she was 125 and I went from 240 to 180)...
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:49:01 AM
In my opinion, our earwig friendly OP has a nice, slender, non athletic type body. I'm thinking the guy in question probably thought under her clothes she was perhaps skinny fat? No complaints from me.

I was thinking this yesterday that I am kinda skinny fat although I am not skinny because I read about this a few months ago. Along with this I have a beautiful c-section overhang. It's not too bad as some others I've seen, but is for someone not used to having one. So, yeah if he had of saw that he would have ran far, far, away!

that you like slim shorter men of around 5'2" must really hearten some men and I must say is unusual. Do you like to mother them when you are 5'6"?? . For most of us, a guy shorter than we are, is a real dealbreaker and can make us feel uncomfortable.
If you want slim or slender then say so. Don't worry about flack from anyone else.

Shorter men are cute. Really cute. My previous ltr was with a man who stood 5'2", 170lbs, with a big nose and extreme male pattern baldness. His teeth were uneven and he had a weak chin and we had a child together. I was in love with him but the way he treated me with his nonchalant attitude slowly pushed me away and with that came a lot of heartache. I generally am not attracted to overweight men but did make an exception ten years ago.

When our son was born the nurses jokingly asked, "where did your son get his nose from". I replied with, "not from me!" although mine isn't the smallest.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:52:31 AM
^^^ well you don't know what was hiding under his clothes! lol
Your rat picture is my fav you have up.
Just don't take what he said to heart
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:52:36 AM
Good that more of your time wasn't wasted on a shallow person.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 11:14:23 AM
How the heck did this get about another posters SO being older?
Hals guy looks just fine, has more hair then the last guy I dated who was about 48/ 49 and is about a hundred pounds less than most men that I have met online in the past .WTF does his age have to do with anything on topic here?

HS's logic, only good looking people should go after good looking people

I didn't glean that from her posts. I think what she is trying to convey is people seem to demand someone have a trait they themselves do not have, thus its a bit silly to say the least and delusional..in a lot of cases.

I agree with ouija and add the word "attracted" also

there are some people who will never like me
And I will never give a fuk
Makes the day to day stuff easier :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 87
If you want the chubbie, better get rid of the chubby
Posted: 12/28/2014 11:47:12 AM
If what's keeping me in the friendzone is a potbelly, then why not do myself a favor and get healthy? Is my ego really that important that someone has to accept my unhealthy self? and once I get that eightpack, boy, I'll bet my range of options goes up.

but, if I need plastic surgury just so I can get one person into bed--we ain't talking marriage here, we're talking about someone getting to know us and not liking one part of us--then that's change I can't get behind.

"only good looking people should go after good looking people"

>>>goodness, by that logic, only people with money should spend money in the stock market. Poor people should stick with the supermarket.

ClooneysTutor
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/28/2014 11:56:04 AM
If Christie Brinkley told me to lose 50lbs to be attractive to her...

I'd start fasting right away :)
 blueguy99881
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/28/2014 3:36:52 PM
What's up with the op's obsession with "air born earwigs?" Weird!!! Wow this site is a trip lol. You got the entitled princess's , gold diggers, fake profiles and now weirdos obsessing over fictional bugs.
 basilisk123
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 3:39:07 PM
Wth is skinny-fat!?

Only lose the weight if it is something you want to do for yourself, not for someone else. Everyone has a prefered body type really.

I got turned down like that too, by a big girl no less. She said I was too big even though I was smaller than her. Go figure (shrug).

There is someone out there who would love your body because it is YOUR body. Now finding that person and seperating him from the endless amount of pervs that clog the internet is another matter...good luck with that.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/28/2014 3:42:16 PM

Wth is skinny-fat!?

"Skinny fat" a line from the series Weeds, a reference to Mary Louise-Parker's body type.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:08:39 PM

What's up with the op's obsession with "air born earwigs?" Weird!!! Wow this site is a trip lol. You got the entitled princess's , gold diggers, fake profiles and now weirdos obsessing over fictional bugs.

Awww Blueguy, you upset you're not the only annoying insect on the forums anymore? :D
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:17:48 PM

...and don't forget to add my obsession with my seven pet rats of different mutations.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:24:27 PM

If what's keeping me in the friendzone is a potbelly, then why not do myself a favor and get healthy?

For yourself? Sure. To get more dates? That's a side effect, not a goal.

Is my ego really that important that someone has to accept my unhealthy self?

No, no one has to - that's the thing.

and once I get that eight pack, boy, I'll bet my range of options goes up.

Sure, but it'll be because you are a more confident (hopefully not arrogant) person. Some men with 8 packs have the personality of a brick, making them unattractive (except to women that want them for just sex or with the same personality).
 blueguy99881
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:28:01 PM
Lol at forums dude. You and that red shirt. Looken like a little fruit fairly haha.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/28/2014 4:30:05 PM

...and don't forget to add my obsession with my seven pet rats of different mutations.

How could I forget that? Thanks for the reminder. (Rolls eyes)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:23:21 PM
Now now Blue.. new year fast approaching, double dare you to post only " nice" for one month
Triple dare
She is pretty you'd give your left for a chance so stop being Capt Negative
 jessebunnies
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 6:26:14 PM

So what is a person to do when they hear this especially if two people get along well, find each other facially attractive, but one states they are not attracted to the other's body type?

So I think the answer was touched on here by Rockin Trucker

If the guy really liked you, he'd be willing to look past the body type. It's just another one of those lame lines to make someone else the bad guy, while trying to distract them by saying something nice first.

Honestly, what I really think happened is when he saw you, he didn't want to tear your clothes off and jump on top of you.

The whole body type thing was an excuse believe me.... I hope you don't take this the wrong way.. I think your beautiful but your not living up to your potential... Your pictures show a lack of effort on your part to care for yourself... I almost feel bad for saying this but everything about you is plain. No makeup, lack of knowing how to dress yourself (baggy clothes/colors are off), hair isn't styled/colored. It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie... I think the whole look made him consider you a "friend" a "sister" more than your body type.

The whole thing had me confused till I looked at your profile because your aren't fat by any stretch of the imagination and IMO athletic women DO WEIGH more than twigs... Fitness models usually weigh in the 120's 130's while fashion models weigh in the 110's. The guy was just making an excuse because he wasn't sexually attracted to your over all appearance. But that's his problem.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:03:00 PM

The whole body type thing was an excuse believe me.... I hope you don't take this the wrong way.. I think your beautiful but your not living up to your potential... Your pictures show a lack of effort on your part to care for yourself... I almost feel bad for saying this but everything about you is plain. No makeup, lack of knowing how to dress yourself (baggy clothes/colors are off), hair isn't styled/colored. It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie... I think the whole look made him consider you a "friend" a "sister" more than your body type.

The whole thing had me confused till I looked at your profile because your aren't fat by any stretch of the imagination and IMO athletic women DO WEIGH more than twigs... Fitness models usually weigh in the 120's 130's while fashion models weigh in the 110's. The guy was just making an excuse because he wasn't sexually attracted to your over all appearance. But that's his problem.

For the most part, I agree with you, Jessebunnies---however, I don't think it's the OP's appearance per se that turned the guy off. I think he picked up on a vibe from her that she has a negative body image and low self-esteem. That's more her problem than his.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:41:35 PM
^^^^ well it's all relative. When I see women who hides behind baggy clothes and is afraid of her feminine beauty what's really hiding isn't a body but a negative inside self image. Physical appearance is the outward manifestation that tells people of the inside. That's what people look to. So they go hand in hand you could say...

I can say that I'm shorter than OP and weigh more than OP (though I'm extemely fit) and I have never had a guy say he wasn't attracted to my body type. I'm pretty sure most of the men in my life wouldn't kick me out of bed in the morning. But then again I'm not afraid of my beauty and I let it show, outside and inside.

People need to have that sexual I wanna see that dress/pants whatever laying on the floor and leave the lights on attraction. It wasn't here in this case. Which tells me that OP's inward feelings manifested into her outer appearance and he wasn't attracted to that. It had little to nothing to do with her body type. Had OP had high self esteem which would have correlated into her outer appearance ie: styled her hair, put on a little makeup worn a little black dress that flattered her curves. This man WOULD NOT have complained about her body. I promise you!!!!! Men especially want someone who cares for themselves, who takes pride in their appearance (whatever that means). It doesn't mean you have to wear a ton of makeup and look like a drag queen or rock a tight black dress with heels every day of the week but it does mean putting a little effort into feeling good about yourself. Being proud of your body not hiding behind baggy not fitting right jeans or looking like you just rolled out of bed. To look good makes you feel good....

People, and I say men here for the sake of this thread (but men do it to) often complain of women letting go of caring for themselves after a certain age. "Oh screw it someone will love me messed up hair, sweatpants, no gym and no makeup and all" Well that's nice in theory but how is somebody supposed to love you at your worst when you haven't showed them your best?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/28/2014 8:02:05 PM
Yikes. Wish I could pm op. I'll just say the best pet I've ever had was Frank the rat. Don't change a thing about yourself or your profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."