Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 126
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...Page 6 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Interesting topic. Considering that I spent a lot of time and energy in getting my body back in shape after having two kids, while working and going to school, I have little tolerance for men who are not equally in shape. Men have a much easier time biologically to get in shape, so there is no excuse. It has happened to me more than once that I would meet a guy for a date only to find out that he sports quite a spare tire. Their photos were obviously not current, and it really ticked me off. Then a lot of them had the nerve to tell me that they are glad I look like my pics because they were tired of meeting "fat chicks" with misleading pics, and how they are refusing to date overweight women. Are you for real? Needless to say, I never had a second date with those guys.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 127
I like you but am not attracted to your body type...
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:05:57 AM
Go away karma. Ur not attractive. Sorry just speaking the truth.
 cooldog65
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:00:28 AM
^^^^^ Seriously? She just came back here.

Karma and I have had our share of disagreements here, but she isn't unattractive. She's easily in the top 10 percent in our age bracket (40+).
 blueguy99881
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:06:47 AM
Oh so because u think she is attractive, then I have to think the same as well? Really? Sorry bud, does not work that way. If anything you don't look attractive yourself.
 Coma_White
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 3:02:33 AM

^^^^^ Seriously? She just came back here.

Karma and I have had our share of disagreements here, but she isn't unattractive. She's easily in the top 10 percent in our age bracket (40+).

I don't think anyone takes that guy seriously. His headline is "Main pic is most recent." and well, you've all seen his picture... or lack there of.
 basilisk123
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 5:54:48 AM
There isn't a problem in wanting someone who puts in as much work as you do. Karma is very unapologetic about this. Which is perfectly fine. She just knows what she wants. But even she is not for everyone.

I personally do not find her physically attractive. She would not find me physically attractive either.
It is all good. Different strokes for different folks.
Some people prefer heavy set, some people prefer slender, some people prefer voluptuous, and some people prefer loli type.
 Ainen
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:57:55 AM
Welcome back Karma.

I have little tolerance for men who are not equally in shape. Men have a much easier time biologically to get in shape, so there is no excuse.

That's a sweeping statement. Some men have slow metabolisms and might have a gut no matter how much they exercise and how healthily they eat. Some men might work a night shift (which messes up sleep patterns resulting in a gut) because they cannot find a job with normal hours. Some men our age served in Desert Storm and were exposed to awful chemicals which caused lung damage, making it harder to exercise.

Agree photos shouldn't be misleading. If someone once had a flat tummy and now has a gut, they should update their photos to reflect the new body shape.

Blue is probably trolling, but if he's negging, it shows how lame negging is.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:15:44 AM
Isn't blueguy the awesomefiftytypeydude..?

If not then apologies but they're remarkably similar in weirdness and posting style.

Agree photos shouldn't be misleading.

At least one of the female posters in here has "sock puppets" as a female(s) but now I strongly suspect she is making up male profiles to be acerbic at others & not look bad herself.

And there are others in here, who while not looking per se, grossly misrepresent not only their pics but their stories.

Think of it, someone w/ a dsm V personality disorder, where are the places they go? One would be an online forum & what better way to stir the pot that w/ a lot of fake BS ?

Unless I've known you from previous emails/posts/pix I now assume u r a fake if u have no pic, an old pic or just one pic & therefore I will not take your story seriously.(directed at no one in particular)
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:58:42 AM
Actually men lose weight alot easier no matter what. By gender they have more muscle mass than fat than women do. Muscle burns more calories than fat. Men also have more testosterone which helps them also. Women also lose much if not all of their hormones by 50 and thus it is hell on Earth trying to keep the pounds off. I eat about 1/3 the calories I use to vs my 20s and 30s to just stay a steady weight. Men have a problem with portion control when it comes to fatty meats and these along with sugar makes your middle swell.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/30/2014 7:58:49 AM

I have little tolerance for men who are not equally in shape. Men have a much easier time biologically to get in shape, so there is no excuse.

Bravo, bravo. You are entitled to like what you like as long as you can get away with it. I personally like very athletic, skinny women, with some curves, preferably around the a ss.

I also believe it's in poor taste to criticize Karma's looks. To some men she is a 10. To some men she will not even register on the radar. It's all in the end rather subjective.

What makes a woman super hot is a mix of three factors. Natural looks, cosmetic and added enhancements, ATTITUDE and disposition.
 earwigs_have_wings
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:40:02 AM
Insulting how? By her OP, she was saying that it's crushing being told by a guy that he's not attracted to her body type. Thus, she was clearly insinuating what should She do if that happens? Work out, etc? She was applying it to herself -- or in the very least asking it to be applied to herself as an example by her insinuation. Thus, me pointing out that no, she doesn't need to work out (unless she had a flat ass, which I guess a bit could do but that probably wouldn't be the problem anyway) -- and that as far as body type's concerned, if there was some stretch marks, yeah, one's SOL on that one without a lot of cash... and that if she is very flat chested in reality, a boob job could be in order to enhance it (but it's not going to solve it for HIM).

What does 'SOL' mean? And why keep mentioning stretch marks when I've already stated they're "not" a hereditary trait on my mom's side of the family. And....what is a 'sock puppet' referring to in this thread?

As far as my body type goes the guy meant I should tone up. He also said if I did I would be able to get a guy that I wanted and that he'd help me with it with the hidden agenda that I listen to him go on and on and on about conspiracy theories (already mentioned) and milking me for information on any health related issues stored in memory (such as phthalates that are in artificial fragrances, BPA that is in the lining of canned food, and much more). What a trade off that would have been! No thank you.

Again, it's a positive thing one can do if they're explicitly flat chested and they're worried about guys not being attracted to their body-type (see OP).

If I get a boob job how would I cater to men who prefer smaller chested women? Maybe inflatable ones? My previous ltr preferred a smaller chest and did share how he felt about larger chest which surprised me. It's not a one size fits all.

Actually men lose weight alot easier no matter what. By gender they have more muscle mass than fat than women do. Muscle burns more calories than fat. Men also have more testosterone which helps them also. Women also lose much if not all of their hormones by 50 and thus it is hell on Earth trying to keep the pounds off. I eat about 1/3 the calories I use to vs my 20s and 30s to just stay a steady weight. Men have a problem with portion control when it comes to fatty meats and these along with sugar makes your middle swell.

Agreed and I mentioned the following earlier in this thread: some women's waists get bigger after pregnancies, what's a man's excuse?. Maybe they think we like exercise balls so much that we want to bounce on their stomachs while they're laying down? I remember the first time laying on a guy who was overweight feeling like I was flying in mid air - ah the feeling of what it's like to soar like and eagle....
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:49:27 AM
You do realize a vast majority of men who post here are frat boy types and why would you care about the opinions of children?
 Boshed
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/30/2014 8:54:55 AM
" Actually men lose weight alot easier no matter what. By gender they have more muscle mass than fat than women do. Muscle burns more calories than fat. "

You're not taking into consideration the BEER factor.

Most men enjoy beer and the tasty but fatty snacks that go with it.

This gives women the advantage BY FAR !
 cooldog65
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:07:07 AM
Some men might work a night shift (which messes up sleep patterns resulting in a gut) 

As a night worker, I eat frequently, but small portions. Fortunately...I don't have a gut, but I don't have a visible six pack either.

You do realize a vast majority of men who post here are frat boy types and why would you care about the opinions of children?

What's a frat boy type? You really hate men, don't you?

If anything you don't look attractive yourself.

I would hope you wouldn't find me attractive...unless there's some flaming going on.
 Walts
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:10:08 AM

Most men enjoy beer and the tasty but fatty snacks that go with it.

Don't forget, we're lazy as slugs too.

And dumb.

And all we think about is sex.

Beer drinking dumb lazy slugs staring into the sky thinking of yum yums that we'll never be able to get.
 _shakti_
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:14:14 AM

As a night worker, I eat frequently, but small portions. Fortunately...I don't have a gut, but I don't have a visible six pack either.
I work nights for part of my rotation too, and I eat far less then than when I'm on days. Typically only once a day.

But wow, has this thread brought the shallowness out in people, lol.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:14:55 AM

Agreed and I mentioned the following earlier in this thread: some women's waists get bigger after pregnancies, what's a man's excuse?.

Yep men can maintain a waistline way easier than a woman at just about any age, they don't really have to work hard to lose or maintain - so when they don't - it means they are especially lazy about staying in shape. And yes, beer usually does have a lot to do with it.
 activemelaney
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 9:39:36 AM
Calories in and calories out. I'm around 114 lbs and have never been over 118 (except when pregnant). Many of my staff on the ward are always nibbling on chocolates and other things...night shift or any other.

I make health a priority. I managed to run, exercise despite decades of odd hour shifts.

I'm only attracted to very fit active males. Always have been. By the time a pudgy guy wrote a response to this thread, he could have done 50 push ups but he has 'no time'. Actually he might have at least struggled through 10. But nope...no time.

No need 'to tell' a person they are not your body type. Unless recently arrived from Mars, they know it. Best to have an honest self description and unambivalent photos if meeting someone for the first time. I would think most people would not want to be embarrassed and get this.
 gtomustang
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/30/2014 10:11:00 AM
SOL==shoot out of luck. Except replace the "oo" with "i"

as for TrustInKarma, she says she's had luck getting guys using her standards. Bully for her. No reason to be jealous and try to take her down a notch.
 basilisk123
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:08:41 AM
ummm... was I being rude?
If I was, I apologize, I didn't mean it to be that way.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:37:31 AM
OP, clearly, you didn't even like the guy. Why do you consider it a crushing rejection that he wasn't attracted to you?

Anyway, given that you periodically come back to discuss the issue of your looks and being rejected based on specific physical traits, I'm inclined to agree with the poster who suggested that you deal with your body issues. People with good self-esteem don't care this much about a lack of approval from virtual strangers.
 blueguy99881
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:42:47 AM
Be quiet lilmarleen.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:07:59 PM
And why keep mentioning stretch marks when I've already stated they're "not" a hereditary trait on my mom's side of the family.

I was pointing out other things that will make a guy be turned off that one can't get from (most) pictures, because "tone up" doesn't seem to apply to you -- so speculation on potential other things, that's all. I wasn't keeping bringing it up. In what you quote -- I'm defending what I wrote against the silly accusation it's "offensive", hence re-iterating it's context.

And....what is a 'sock puppet' referring to in this thread?

I never mentioned any sock-puppets. However, I'm sure it'd lighten the mood on a first date. Or for the guy to use one to tell the girl that he's not attracted to her body? lol Anyway, I dunno -- never used or implied the phrase.

As far as my body type goes the guy meant I should tone up.

Well, it would have beneficial to point that out more specifically IF he said that outright using those exact words. You don't seem flabby at all. Did he explicitly Say "tone up"? Or Bulk up, maybe (adding curves, etc). But tone up? When pointing to someone who's not overweight, that means get rid of the flab. Don't see that on ya, sorry. Hope you're not offended. :) If your pics are up to date, I certainly wouldn't Assume he meant tone-up.

He also said if I did I would be able to get a guy that I wanted and that he'd help me with it with the hidden agenda that I listen to him go on and on and on about conspiracy theories (already mentioned) and milking me for information on any health related issues stored in memory (such as phthalates that are in artificial fragrances, BPA that is in the lining of canned food, and much more).

First off, if there's anything about your body, unless there's some hidden flab and/or fat protruding out (which I doubt; but hey, you tell me) -- "tone up" doesn't apply to ya, as far as changing Body Type. At all. Combine that with him saying all THAT above? Why would you take his word for anything? He's a nut-case. I don't see how that'd be crushing. In fact, I wouldn't believe it -- he's probably lying (or just purely nuts or combination).

If I get a boob job how would I cater to men who prefer smaller chested women?

Again, I'm just being honest here. If/when a woman is extremely flat-chested -- getting a boob job does NOT (necessarily) mean she gets huge breasts. I'd prefer a gal with really nice B cups over a gal with generic DD's. Many women get them to go from "pretty much no boobs" to "having breasts". THAT, by itself, when done appropriately, will make a woman more attractive -- even for guys not into boobs and are more ass-men. Going "big time" on the chest -- yeah, then you'd have to worry about guys who don't like gals with huge boobs. In short, there's no gray-zone for a gal going from Very flat-chested to very nice symmetrical great breasts that aren't so big -- the latter is much better. And breasts aren't just about size either -- it's about shape, firmness, etc (see a grandma vs a cute 20 year old with same cup size).

From your pics, I can't see how a truthful criticism by a guy would be to "tone up" in reference to CHANGING your body Type. Doesn't fit. At all. Maybe lift weights, adding curves? Ok, if he's a big gym guy. But that's not toning. Toning is getting more 'cut' (or shedding pounds or flab). When one's Thin as you are, 'toning' doesn't really apply in reference to changing your body Type.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:10:36 PM
It's funny all the guys trying to take down Karma have no pictures up.

Again I HIGHLY doubt the man in question was so not into your body type because "you weren't toned" so much so that he couldn't date you for that reason (unless he only dates figure competitors probably not since there aren't to many of those on your average day).

It's your overall look. You aren't accentuating the beautiful qualities you have that men and other people find to be sexually appealing (your hair, your face, , your clothing style). I think part of the boob job comment was hinting towards that as well (the lack of sexual appeal). Everyone has things about them that are SEXUALLY appealing to others, don't be afraid to highlight those in a positive way.

From your pics, I can't see how a truthful criticism by a guy would be to "tone up" in reference to CHANGING your body Type. Doesn't fit. At all. Maybe lift weights, adding curves? Ok. That's not toning. Toning is getting more 'cut' (or shedding pounds or flab). When one's Thin as you are, 'toning' doesn't really apply in reference to changing your body Type.

I agree you really can't see anything under all the baggy clothes. OP could have a really nice shape/figure but it's hiding. How could this guy really tell unless they got naked together? And that's my whole agruement was rather than it just being about "her body" it was her overall appearance, the way she does her hair, the style of clothing, the way she carries herself that wasn't sexually appealing. The man probably couldn't pin point anything at the moment that wasn't appealing to him other than to say it was her "body type".
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/30/2014 12:55:38 PM
what is a 'sock puppet' referring to in this thread?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[3] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. (IMO some sock puppets r created also to ATTACK/SNARK at another poster- like a posse of mean girls, etc.) Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets

It's funny all the guys trying to take down Karma have no pictures up.

They are really "sock puppets" & I am sure some or all are women, or 1 woman.

It's your overall look.

I love how the 'High Maintenance' Types think Every Guy or Girl wants Their Type.

Jesse I get what u r saying, I am a girly girl who likes makeup & all the accoutrements, but OP is not that type...she's more of a Fiona Apple/quirky girl type. IMO she needs to be herself & attract the guy who wants to kiss her rat!

Blue eyes, why so MEAN? She didn't attack you, she just posted her opinion honestly. I respect that. Geez.

A lot of miserable people post holiday.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "I like you but am not attracted to your body type..."