Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > LONG DISTANCE CONTACTS FOR OVER AGE 50      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 26
view profile
History
LONG DISTANCE CONTACTS FOR OVER AGE 50Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
A very nice gentleman from another state has contacted me here, and when I "mapquested" our locations, I find that he lives about 55 miles away from me.....which was a pleasant surprise. That's a distance, but not ridiculously so, like halfway across the country.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 27
LONG DISTANCE CONTACTS FOR OVER AGE 50
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:17:49 PM
GO FOR IT!
Happy 2015!
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/10/2015 7:31:42 AM
Why not just adjust your settings to the no messages get through if they are over 75 mile away range?
 petula1908
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/10/2015 11:58:34 AM
Yes the guys that are happy to drive 90 minutes or two hours often want to stay over and I dont necessarily want that.
I think some realise they cant be too fussy and are willing to take the trip but of course it has to be worth it at the end.
 petula1908
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/10/2015 6:25:58 PM
blacklady

55 miles is do-able and would only take about 45 minutes right? Again if you meet and click then the distance will seem negligible. For me 75 miles would be about the limit and with expressways etc. time is shorter these days. You can always meet halfway for the initial get together and then work it out from there.

How nice the gentleman is you don't really know yet. Feet on the ground and meet as soon as......good luck.
 lifeisgrand5
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 3:33:11 PM
I would like to think that I am open minded. So far I haven't responded back to the far away guys. Maybe I need to change my game plan?

I love reading the success stories. Thank you to everyone who shared their stories.
 nosima
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2015 4:12:59 PM
I met a man who lived on a different continent. He travelled to see me every three months or so, then moved in with me. We had two kids and were together for 17 years. It is a small world and ease of travel makes it smaller every day. Granted, I was a lot younger than 50 at the time.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/12/2015 8:48:52 PM
46 here.

Some attractive women have reached out to me from out of state.

I wish they were closer. I would easily wine and dine them:)

I value their friendship and enjoy a pen pal/text thing with them.

Who knows when one or the other might be passing through each other's neck of the woods in a legitamately single manner? :)

Sometimes, sadly, the long distance contacts are just that. Contacts and I must maintain with a degree of futility. What's the point?

I feel like I have an obligation to maintain this digital connection with someone whose voice I've never heard.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/12/2015 10:19:48 PM
It beats me. I get messages every week from men who live across the country, from as far as Puerto Rico. Here's my reply:

What's your plan? You will fly to Wenatchee, Washington on weekends so we can get to know each other? I didn't think so. Emails and text messages do not develop a relationship. I suggest you focus on women who live near you. Good luck with your romantic search.

That shuts them down.
 nosima
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2015 12:43:12 AM

I feel like I have an obligation to maintain this digital connection with someone whose voice I've never heard.

We have moved on a bit from carrier pigeon. You could Skype or do a Google Hangout with your long distance contacts. You could see and hear them without the expense of long distance telephone.
 activemelaney
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2015 10:14:48 AM
It's situational. There are a half million single males in the Seattle area. I met 4 great ones after a couple weeks on Match.

If your reason is that this is the most fantastic person in the Universe, then yes, it may work (after lots of Skyping, etc.). If it's because 'there is nobody suitable in my area' then a big NO. Thousands or tens of thousands of nice, sane people manage to form relationships in your area this year.

It has to be for the right reason...then...good luck. At least go in with your eyes wide open and enjoy the adventure. It doesn't work out? You are an adult. Deal and learn from the experience.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/13/2015 12:26:32 PM
I'll give Skype a shot after I get a lower resolution cam.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2015 5:38:39 PM
Seems like all the men who contact me who live nearby are pretty creepy; the ones who live a bit of a distance don't start out saying weird things, or send photos of Mr. Johnson. And for THAT, I am glad!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:42:24 AM
I'm 99.2% sure that I'm not moving anywhere....unless it's the
40 miles back to where I want to be.

I've met men in other states...we've flown back and forth meeting.
I like visiting, but I'm not moving and if they aren't either...what's
the point?

I just add that to the list of things I don't do anymore.
It isn't a long list, but it is pretty non-negotiable.
 ohenryx
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 1:14:37 PM

BlackLady1953
Seems like all the men who contact me who live nearby are pretty creepy; the ones who live a bit of a distance don't start out saying weird things, or send photos of Mr. Johnson. And for THAT, I am glad!

I am on the other side of the fence, but my experiences are really quite different. There was the woman who lived about 200 miles away, who used to call me on the phone at least once per week and ask for phone sex. I found that very interesting at first, but before long it was truly boring.

Then there was the woman who lived about 1,500 miles away. She contacted me after one of my posts on the forums, way back when, and corrected something that I had said about dom/sub relationships. We went on to converse in emails and phone calls for several months. I learned a lot, Dom/Sub is not for me, but it was very interesting talking to someone who was living the life.

It seems that women are afraid to talk about sex or sexual matters with men who are close enough to actually meet. But if they know they’re never going to meet you, they relax and talk much more freely about sex and intimacy and other such things.

BrownEyesBoo
I've met men in other states...we've flown back and forth meeting.
I like visiting, but I'm not moving and if they aren't either...what's
the point?

I just add that to the list of things I don't do anymore.
It isn't a long list, but it is pretty non-negotiable.

I have to agree. I have never “flown” anywhere for a date, but I have driven up to 2 or 3 hours (one way). That will never happen again.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/14/2015 1:19:50 PM
I do sympathize with the folks that live in remote areas.

One gal wanted me to fly to meet her.

I asked if guys had flown to her before. She said all the time.

I imagined this little itsy bitsy spider at the center of this big spider web...

luring all those jets with Prince Charmings on them. Flying in each week.

Nah, no thanks.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/14/2015 4:31:51 PM
^^ LOL
maybe she has the bodies buried in her basement???

Plus, u live in area that is populated enough for you!
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/14/2015 4:45:38 PM
CT, no need to fly with that sweet ride of yours you got in the driveway , and you know you're not gonna get stuck beside some screaming baby or someone with a hygiene problem..lol

OT, I don't think I'd go much past an hour one way, and even that would get sickening pretty fast I suspect, especially in winter
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:16:19 PM
Yes...my days of driving long distances in nasty weather are over. Did that for my career.....not doing it in my "leisure."
 GSchembri69
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:42:47 PM
hi how are you i like your profile
 GSchembri69
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:44:17 PM
hi i like your pro file you look hot
 GSchembri69
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:46:05 PM
:modhammer: hi its me again hope message got through you look hottt
 GSchembri69
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2015 2:47:35 PM
can you respond:modhammer:
 bamagrl68
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/10/2015 4:18:14 PM
blacklady1953- I'm not sure how this is happening unless you didn't put anything about how far you are willing to travel for a meet.
My limit is 75 miles and no one can contact me that lives further away than that.
I almost changed it when I sent another forum member a message. They sent me a return message saying that they had tried to message me, but couldn't because of my set limit, they were only able to message me because I sent them a message. (I didn't change it for just the reason that you started this thread about, I didn't want men across the country messaging me for dates, if I want to chat with this forum member, or someone else that's outside of the limit, I just send them a message)
Go to the edit your profile option and look for where it says, "what is the furthest you are willing to travel for a meet?" and put something there, if it's 50 miles, put that, if it's 75, put that.
Once you answer it, go to the bottom and look for the save changes option and save it, if you don't, it will go back to the way it is now.
If that doesn't work, all I can suggest is to ignore the messages, or send back a polite reply saying they are too far away.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2015 5:03:34 PM
It must be that they are visiting your area occasionally and want somewhere to stay and someone to be with during that time???. It does happen a lot it seems and I do wonder why people who interested in long term relationships would bother. Not uncommon to be in different countries as well.
There is a distance limit to be stated on the profile though, is there not??.
By contrast I know those who think twice about travelling even half an hour to meet up. lol!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > LONG DISTANCE CONTACTS FOR OVER AGE 50