Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do you think your odds are? Why? Are you o.k. about it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 301
What do you think your odds are? Why? Are you o.k. about it? Page 13 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

It's not masochism.

It's not?? Surely you will elaborate on how it isn't, won't you? I'm curious as to just how you would define the very word. He has claimed the woman is "messing with his head", yet he finds pleasure in it, and wishes to continue relations with this woman. Need I say more??

You know, for a musician, you don't seem to have paid much attention to song lyrics over the last, oh 100 years.
Take a listen to Lena Horne doing "Bewitched, bothered and bewildered.".

What on Earth does this have to do with anything? A song is supposed to make me look at this differently?? You've got to be kidding me.

I would also like to expound on what NorwegianGuy has brought to the table. If you find Henry's situation something so delightful and worthy of envy, would you wish it for your own children? Would you be so willing to give the benefit of doubt to the person "messing with their head"?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 302
What do you think your odds are? Why? Are you o.k. about it?
Posted: 7/14/2015 6:42:36 AM
Oh my goodness! I pay all sorts of attention to song lyrics.
There's Smiling Faces, and Back Stabbers, and Positively 4th Street,
and Back Streets.

As I'm driving to work, I'm singing along to Whistle While you Work!

Jaysus.

I don't think anyone is wishing Mr. Henry bad luck.
I think others just see it as a WTF moment.
And yeah, doesn't matter how you package this, it still started out
with a whole bunch of disrespect.
But whatever works I guess.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 303
Posted: 7/14/2015 7:39:36 AM
Hey Boo, can you see any shoe marks on the back of my shirt?
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 304
Posted: 7/14/2015 8:30:28 AM
"Poor is the man
Whose pleasures depend
On the permission of another" - Madonna

If OHenry wants to have a bit of fun, why not? From what I've seen of his posts over many years, he knows women very well. He likes them too.
 ohenryx
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:28:14 AM

mjinict
I wouldn't worry too much about Henry. I see he's still flirting with the ladies on the other threads.

You got that right! And the day I stop, you’re all invited to the wake. Hoist one for me. And you, Ms Mjinict, whatever happened to that picture? You didn’t think I would forget, did you? (smile)

Blonde^J^Angel
If OHenry wants to have a bit of fun, why not? From what I've seen of his posts over many years, he knows women very well. He likes them too.

Why, yes, actually I do like women. Which is an entirely different thing than just liking sex. Entirely different.

BrownEyesBoo
And yeah, doesn't matter how you package this, it still started out
with a whole bunch of disrespect.

How did “disrespect” get to be such a key issue here? (And yes, Boo, I realize you didn’t start it, just repeated it.)

I suspect you people have been watching too many movies / TV shows about gang bangers in the ‘hood. Someone disses you, and you have to “nine his azz”.

To me, none of this was about respect, or disrespect. It was about someone who was afraid, and needed time, and took that time. We have now talked about this, and I have no worries about “Ghosting” going forward. I still suspect that this will not last, but it will not end again the way it did the first time.

myself
I suspect that she enjoys the fact that I allow her to play games, to fool around confusing and confounding me. She enjoys doing it, she is having a great time messing with my head.

ThePigOfYourDreams
See, I'm wondering how many people even read that part of his post. That is irrefutable masochism.

I originally wrote several paragraphs, several hundred words, refuting your claim of masochism. But I deleted them all, it’s really no one else’s business.

Suffice it to say, I would not call this masochism. If it fits your definition of masochism, fine, sign me up for advanced lessons. I definitely have kinks, never denied it, never will. Anyone totally straight, no kinks at all, would be very boring.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 306
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:45:05 AM
I don't know what it means to nine someone's ass.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time with this woman, Henry.
I don't believe anyone here is wishing you bad luck.

I think for some people (and I include myself) this is a case
of someone who really wasn't nice to you, ignored you, dropped
you like a hot potato (your words), but she is back and since she
is beautiful and a combination of the two kinds of women all men
desire...she's a go again. She doesn't sound like a woman who is
afraid....and she's still messing with you.

If that works for you...I'm glad.
For me, I couldn't be that kind of woman and I wouldn't even
want to be friends with someone who treated others that way.
So I don't get it.

But you do, and that's all that really counts.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 307
Disrespect is the new respect
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:08:48 AM

^^ I find this hilarious coming from you. More than once you have stated that women are just too loose nowadays but yet it is perfectly ok if a man wants to do the same.

After a while, you'll notice posters' opinions and feelings do a complete 180 degree turn depending on the thread and who they're trying to contradict. It's funny as hell to witness, actually. Keep your eyes open. It will happen many times again, I promise.

How did “disrespect” get to be such a key issue here?

The disrespect came with the fact that she "dropped you like a hot potato". (YOUR exact words) Oh, but wait. I'm sure there was a positive meaning in your usage of the phrase. The respectful thing to do would have been for her to actually TELL you she needed to back off instead of leaving you hanging. Nutty concept, I know.

I originally wrote several paragraphs, several hundred words, refuting your claim of masochism. But I deleted them all, it’s really no one else’s business.

Well, when you find issues to be "no one else's business", perhaps it's best to not share them on a PUBLIC forum? Yes, another nutty concept. I know.

Anyone totally straight, no kinks at all, would be very boring.

This was never an issue for me. The biggest issue was in trying to tell me I was missing out on something by *not* allowing someone to come back into my life after leaving me hanging. I don't know how many more times I have to make this clear.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 308
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:17:36 AM
Ms Boo,

For me, I couldn't be that kind of woman and I wouldn't even
want to be friends with someone who treated others that way.
So I don't get it.

Couldn't have said this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^any better. We ARE on the same page.
Your post reminds me of a song,

You know all my deepest secrets
I think you know, you know to keep 'em
But I wonder if you know I hate sleeping alone

So come and tell me what my kiss tastes like
Don't wanna miss it so turn off the lights
But I wonder if you know I hate sleeping alone

I have to fake it, I'd leave if I could
I'm not in love but the sex is good
You can't mistake it 'cause it's understood
Yeah, hmm

You got to know, know my weakness
You always touch in all the right places
We don't get along that well
Not much for talk but you're hot as hell

Yeah, hmm, yeah, hmm

It's not like I wanna stick around
It's just tonight I'm gonna lay you down, yeah

So now you know what my kiss tastes like
So in the morning I'll say goodbye
But I wonder if you know and I hate sleeping alone

Yeah, hmm, yeah, hmm, aye
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 309
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:35:04 AM

Shoot them with a 9mm. Now a nine is considered a bytch gun on the street. At least a 40 cal to have any street cred.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 310
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:39:34 AM

If Henry had said something along the lines of "hey, I understand my way of handling this isn't for everyone", this exchange would have ceased long ago. But no, I was condescendingly told I was pitied initially for not finding the appeal in tolerating disrespect just to gain someone's attention, then it was changed to "I wouldn't want to be like you." Yet ironically, *I* was called out for what was perceived as attempting to pass my feelings off as golden rule and labeled judgmental. Say what?!

But this is exactly my issue with your posts, they are condescending and say that if one doesn't behave like you then there is something wrong with them.

I pick on you, but it's a pretty common occurance on the forums,

Examples you used and many of these were BEFORE ohnery sais he was sorry for you. You started the condescending posts.

"encouraging people to stand up for themselves." So they are doormats?

"That is irrefutable masochism" So does that mean you are sadist?

"simply don't take them with people who disrespect me." That is your feeling, my feeling was likely she was scared.

"finding someone else he can actually trust"

"Just because you're older, it doesn't mean you have to start acting desperate, and let people shit on you."

"So, at what age does Doormat Syndrome start kicking in? I need to know, so I can jump off a bridge just before it happens." Msg: 192, I kind of like that post because it's clever but it's condescending.

"But hey, how dare I encourage anyone not to let someone treat them like a consolation prize.
Unf*ckingbelievable."

Pig, you DON'T think your replies are VERY condescending? Becaue they sure look like you are dissing someone.

IMO forums posters mostly all tend to jump to similar conclusions as soon as they see
some key words.

As in Foreign long distance relationship = scammer: Age difference + daddy issues: not being able to get in contact = has another date: cheated in the past = never will change.

You really don't need to read the responses, you know what the knee jerk response will be.

As I said, it's just not you, many posters do this, though in this thread you seem to take it more personally than you usually do. Many posters do the same thing, it follows a format.

The format is, well this is just me or something similar, they the big negs follow, like but I am not old and desperate, usually at the end of the sentence.
I really don't care, it might work out in the long term for ohenry, but the odds of ANY relationship going to the long term are slim. It's my opinion that this particular relationship isn't any more likely to be doomed than most. And so what if it goes pear shaped as long as no one gets seriously hurt.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 311
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:45:43 AM

Shoot them with a 9mm

Never thought of that....I was thinking in the lines of a "whip"...isn't there one called nine something...with 9 tails or whatever they're called?
I truly can't relate to any "kinks"....Henry may be referring to but if she's game, that may be the "why"
he is so gung-ho.

I'm with you Ms. Boo....I totally dislike anyone playin' with anothers emotions and I have pointed
it out to one "friend"....who did this to men.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 312
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:48:34 AM

What on Earth does this have to do with anything? A song is supposed to make me look at this differently?? You've got to be kidding me.

Pig, I suppose the song describes the situation, though I agree with you, I wasn't sure what it had to do with seeing this differently.
========================
Couldn't sleep and wouldn't sleep
When love came and told me I shouldn't sleep
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I

Lost my heart, but what of it
He is cold I agree
He can laugh, but I love it
Although the laugh's on me
========================

I would also like to expound on what NorwegianGuy has brought to the table. If you find Henry's situation something so delightful and worthy of envy, would you wish it for your own children? Would you be so willing to give the benefit of doubt to the person "messing with their head"?

I thought only old women played the, "do you wish it on your children" card? :)

I don't think anyone outside of ohenry himself said the situation was delightful. It's not the ideal start to a relationship, but I have seen far worse work out.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 313
Posted: 7/14/2015 10:56:17 AM

^^^You're really opening up a can of worms now, DB!

It's a popular song theme,. Evil Woman, Devil Woman, etc.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 11:00:43 AM

Shoot them with a 9mm. Now a nine is considered a bytch gun on the street. At least a 40 cal to have any street cred.

Yea we are a bunch of bytchs here. If they had their way we would still be using revolvers!

I somehow think we are moving towards the world of policing you see in Demolition Man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYArjS-Ee0

I thought only old women played the, "do you wish it on your children" card? :)

Cops say stuff like that all the time!

Seems you are dogging Pig today! My money is on Pig though! His bite is worst than his bark!

I also agree his line referring to "Doormat syndrome " might be on the POF top ten list one day! It was brilliant!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 315
Posted: 7/14/2015 11:38:34 AM

Seems you are dogging Pig today! My money is on Pig though! His bite is worst than his bark!

Pig is younger and has more energy to keep it up :).

Should I renew my rabies shot?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 316
Posted: 7/14/2015 12:01:40 PM
Dragon, with the exception of my Doormat Syndrome comment, everything you quoted me on was *after* Henry told me he felt sorry for me and said he wouldn't want to be like me. However, I'll go over some of them again.

"encouraging people to stand up for themselves." So they are doormats?

If you don't stand up for yourself and accept disrespect. Absolutely. How is this even remotely debatable?

"simply don't take them with people who disrespect me." That is your feeling, my feeling was likely she was scared.

Come on. Leaving him hanging was disrespectful. Let's not be silly here. That's not something open to interpretation. I think most of us with a shred of sanity will agree a pile of shit smells really f*cking terrible, but I suppose there's always going to be one person in the bunch playing contrarian just to be the contrarian, and inform us of the (incredibly small) scat community.

Scared or not, she's a grown woman who could have easily LET HIM KNOW she needed to back off and evaluate. Period.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 317
Posted: 7/14/2015 12:20:42 PM
Scared? now that's a reach.
But I'm enjoying some going all gangsta LOL
poor gangsters - having to stay up late in the evening coining new phrases as the others get co-opted.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 12:32:05 PM

How did “disrespect” get to be such a key issue here?

Before this whole re-newed "messing with my head" thing began, and is apart from anything that could be interpreted as role-playing. She dropped you like a hot potato with no explanation -- for 22 days, after having 2 dates. That's disrespect. If you think there was no disrespect on that, then you're naive and it's part of your "smitten" rationale. Unless she was suddenly hospitalized for around 3 weeks, there was no excuse not to write you a reason within that 22 days, sorry. Disrespect. Also reflected upon how she messes with your head, her contradictions & confusion about her explanation the better part of a month later -- etc. Hey, you can still say "It's worth it," because she's hot and has that 'twang' to her persona that gets you going, and worth rolling with again to get some romps out of the deal. To one degree or another, you'd have a point, sure. But to say it wasn't disrespectful means she has you Hook, Line, and Sinker. But hey, you like that, don't you? :)

I still suspect that this will not last, but it will not end again the way it did the first time.

Maybe, maybe not. But who cares, right? It's not like she disrespect you -- so it'll be Just Fine if she just drops you like a hot potato with no explanation out of nowhere. Hey, people who think that's disrespectful obviously are not intellectually advanced enough to appreciate the finer points of a wondrous woman. ;)

It can mean using a 9mm on them... or when such hardware is not available, it's finding a guy with 9" of manhood to go buck-wild on the other guy in question, against his will. People usually prefer the 9mm. Less painful.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 319
Posted: 7/14/2015 1:56:03 PM

That's disrespect.

If an older man has an opportunity to get laid by an attractive woman, phuk disrespect. Literally.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:32:03 PM

If an older man has an opportunity to get laid by an attractive woman, phuk disrespect. Literally

And if an older woman has an opportunity to get laid by an attractive guy, phuck disrespect. Literally, right? :)

How about I go out with the gal's daughter -- and as long as I'm buyng her gifts, phuck my disrespect toward her. She's getting what she wants!
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 321
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:41:30 PM

And if an older woman has an opportunity to get laid by an attractive guy, phuck disrespect. Literally, right? :)

How about I go out with the gal's daughter -- and as long as I'm buyng her gifts, phuck my disrespect toward her. She's getting what she wants!

I am eagerly awaiting the responses to this.

I swear, this might be the most unintentionally funny thread I've ever seen here. Some of the things people have pulled out of their asses to keep their argument afloat through all of this have been comical.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 322
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:42:54 PM

it's much easier for a woman to get sex than a man, so no...I would say it depends on the situation.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 323
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:46:18 PM

I am eagerly awaiting the responses to this.

I swear, this might be the most unintentionally funny thread I've ever seen here. Some of the things people have pulled out of their asses to keep their argument afloat through all of this have been comical.

The bottom line is OHenry is getting his sexual thrill(s) while others are not & are attempting a "forum c*ckblock"

OHenry, full speed ahead!
 Kay9876
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 5:10:05 PM

Msg. 332: If an older man has an opportunity to get laid by an attractive woman, phuk disrespect. Literally.

Blonde, I don’t think you meant it this way, but your statement is disrespectful to ohenryx. It implies he is unable to attract an attractive woman, given his appearance, personality, demeanor, etc. Not only ohenryx, but apparently all older men, given an opportunity to have sex with an attractive woman, may understandably (in your view) disregard issues of character—their own and others—in order to assume a position in the bedroom.

As for ohenryx, if it ends badly with the new woman in his life, he'll learn from it and might choose differently the next time. If it ends well, then he made the right choice, and he can shout "told you so" until pigs squeal in the night. (No offense to pigs in this thread.)
 ohenryx
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 5:46:37 PM

Kay9876
Blonde, I don’t think you meant it this way, but your statement is disrespectful to ohenryx. It implies he is unable to attract an attractive woman, given his appearance, personality, demeanor, etc. Not only ohenryx, but apparently all older men, given an opportunity to have sex with an attractive woman, may understandably (in your view) disregard issues of character—their own and others—in order to assume a position in the bedroom.

Kay, I appreciate the support there. And the support from Blonde^J^Angel. But the truth lies somewhere in between. I really don’t think BA meant any disrespect, and I certainly did not take any offense. She is skipping over the fact that I have emotions and feelings invested in this, it is not just a sexual romp, but I still appreciate her support.

I am not “disregarding issues of character”. I am making some allowances, true. Some would say, and have said, that I would not make those allowances if she were not so attractive. The truth is, I have made those allowances because of the connection we made while talking for hours on our first two dates. An essential part of making that connection was how damned good looking she was. So yes, her looks play a part. They helped make the connection. And the connection is why I made allowances.

It all goes together, one thing influences another, nothing exists in a vacuum.

But if I might digress for a minute, back to the disrespect thing. I think that is being blown way out of proportion. Much like the “masochism” thing. I never said masochism, but if Pig wants to call it that, fine, certainly not the worst sexual kink I’ve ever been accused of. Same thing with disrespect. I never used that word, but if you want to use it, okay, be my guest. I’ll just say, disrespect has never in my life caused me any harm. And respect damned sure won’t keep me warm at night.

So yeah, her ghosting me the first time around was not nice. But we have, the two of us, made our peace with that. I gotta tell you, if being ghosted was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, I truly would have led a charmed life.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What do you think your odds are? Why? Are you o.k. about it?