Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What could I / should I have done?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 48
What could I / should I have done?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The insufferable **stard is gone. Good.
 flaneur001
Msg: 49
view profile
History
What could I / should I have done?
Posted: 1/7/2015 11:13:44 AM
Bluemoon24 7

I agree with Blue eyes, poster should get reported for nudity...and stupidity.

FYI
Several posters filed reports: pic, multiple accounts, violation of forum rules and threatening another poster .

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/addpost.aspx?PostID=16325882&x=40&y=11
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/7/2015 11:26:36 AM
This isn't life of death stuff, it's entertainment and time wasting at best. If you think it's more than entertainment, go see a professional because you have problems. It's not like there haven't been trolls before and we will have them again.

Actually, if you weren't aware yet, online personal threats ARE a crime in many states now, including California. Maybe not yet in your province up North, but they will be.

The OP of the now deleted thread and this one was reported by a Forumite for sending threatening emails to her. Enough reports have helped delete his profile also.

Maybe you regard trolls here as "entertainment" when you are bored, but most Forumites would rather not encourage those malicious trolls. The juvenile mentality of most trolls has ruined many unmoderated online Forums with vile images and worthless childish tripe.

Many of us veteran Forumites will do what we can to prevent that from happening here on POF Forums.

Please don't attempt to minimize online threats, they constitute a crime in most jurisdictions now, and most local police WILL followup appropriately.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:38:43 PM

flaneur001:
FYI
Several posters filed reports: pic, multiple accounts, violation of forum rules and threatening another poster .

Nobody from POF is reading the Violations Reporting thread, anymore.

The other thread was deleted by regular forum members voting to delete it... The OP of a thread can not delete a thread, themselves....

The OP's profile was removed because other users reported it for Forum Abuse, using the report this user link from His Profile page.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/7/2015 12:51:08 PM
What did I miss on this thread that has everyone so razzed up??
 not_single_x
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/7/2015 1:21:39 PM

Forumfellathesequel: What did I miss on this thread that has everyone so razzed up??

When you were a child, did you go up to mom and dad when they were having a serious conversation and interrupt and ask them to explain what they're talking about?

Just curious
 flaneur001
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:48:32 PM
Behind Blue Eyes:

Thank you for the clarification. I was one of the forumites who reported the troll by using the report this user link from his profile page AND I reported the link on the Violations reporting thread. Given the 'threat' aspect of the situation I thought it prudent to cover the bases by posting on both.
 not_single_x
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:53:20 PM

flaneur001: I was one of the forumites who reported the troll by using the report this user link from his profile page AND I reported the link on the Violations reporting thread. Given the 'threat' aspect of the situation I thought it prudent to cover the bases by posting on both.

Except for one small detail that you overlooked in your haste to report.

No one cares.
 petula1908
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/7/2015 4:15:11 PM
maleman999

I agree but these yappers don't seem to see the glazed look in our eye, the perfunctory answers and just rattle on regardless about their own affairs, people we don't know, and show little interest in us. They have to fill the silence with words no matter what.
 petula1908
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/7/2015 4:17:55 PM
daynadaze

If we just ignored all these fakes and flakes then they would soon disappear. It takes two to tango and no one has to respond, but we do.... so who are the fools??
 not_single_x
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/7/2015 4:22:19 PM

petula1908: If we just ignored all these fakes and flakes then they would soon disappear. It takes two to tango and no one has to respond, but we do.... so who are the fools??

Don't beat yourself up.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/7/2015 5:32:25 PM
I contacted the authorities, regarding the threat. They were very helpful, by taking my complaint seriously and guiding me through the filing process.

I, too, reported the now disappeared user for the e-mail within the body of the e-mail, including all of the details.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2015 8:57:50 PM

What is 'Epic Fail'?

It is a website that shows pictures and stories of different types of screw-ups on the Internet.

There are awkward Facebook posts, bad signs and various situations that make a person say, WTF!
 carolann0308
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:15:52 PM
There were pictures of his naughty bits and I missed them????
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:19:49 PM

There were pictures of his naughty bits and I missed them????

The unmentionables.

Hehehe
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/8/2015 3:20:21 PM

The insufferable **stard is gone. Good.

That's what my mom said walking out to her car, leaving me in the mall when I was 5. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What could I / should I have done?