Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NJgirl116
Msg: 53
How did you Heal your Broken Heart ?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
funone2one, this was all very recent. Sorry you're going through this. Do whatever works... nineties R&B, or stop by a Catholic church... whatever works for you, man. Things can't get no worse, they can only get better, keep your head up.
 cooldog65
Msg: 54
view profile
History
How did you Heal your Broken Heart ?
Posted: 7/23/2015 10:14:35 AM
I healed my broken heart by staying busy and taking up a new hobby. I'm spending money on my new hobby of collecting memorabilia. I can't remember the last time I was this happy and excited.
 StarClassic
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/23/2015 12:42:09 PM
Don't know how unique it is, but my POV is. I can't do a damn thing about yesterday, so I might as well accomplish something today. One day may find me fitting wood to steel, the next I might be working on Truck Norris.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/23/2015 7:34:28 PM

I can't do a damn thing about yesterday, so I might as well accomplish something today.

And this sums up all the books in the self-help section!!
 tangofish
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2015 5:53:45 PM
For Success: If you want strength, observe humility. If you want victory, observe patience, and if you want happiness - live in the present, learn from the past, and secure your future with peace of mind, integrity, and swift orderly action when necessary.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2015 6:45:30 PM
If you ever felt a real attraction to a girl you date that is mutual then all that would change. We all have a fear of getting hurt but you have to take risks to have a chance of happiness. It is all timing in life and now is not the right time for you, is all.

You can see that someone is attractive on paper, seems to have most of what you want, but you just dont feel it for them. That connection which is a mystery and allows us to put up with all sorts of crap from the other person that we would not tolerate in someone else. .
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2015 12:23:34 PM
Some great advice here...so good to know you're not alone.
In the words of Al Green....
"how can you mend a broken heart?
how can you stop the rain from falling down?
how can you stop the sun from shining?
what makes the world go round?"
Indeed.

We wove a beautiful tapestry over our 15 year relationship, we have these beautiful boys, they still need us. We ripped it all to shreds.
We still have to see each other from time to time and sometimes the history, the past, hits you like a ton of bricks. Its been 9 years since we split and I haven't allowed anyone into my life, neither has he.
Healing a broken heart you say? Learn to live with the pain, I say. It was all worth it.
 Peas_
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/2/2015 1:43:36 PM
I ripped out my heart that was dangling by a bloody, clotted thread, threw it on the dirty asphalt road, and squashed the livin sh*t out of it with my shoes. It's been an irregular heart beat ever since.
 StarClassic
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/2/2015 3:40:28 PM
Heartache can be hell.

Getting falling down passed out drunk didn't work.
I simply can't drink that much, it all comes back up.

The next best thing was a road trip, with a certain destination in mind.
FM 440 found me rocketing along at a speed that made the broken centerline look like a smear.
I don't know what it was, but something ricocheted through my mind when DPS trooper put the lights on me and entered the race.
Standing roadside within sight of my destination I thanked the trooper profusely as I pointed out the unguarded bridge piling. This wasn't the answer either.

Frequent visits with brigade Chaplain helped some. It was my CO that meted out the best therapy though. If I weren't needed in the shop or arms room he had me on every sh!t detail possible in charge of junior enlisted. Details normally spread amongst the other junior NCO's. His idea was to keep every minute of my duty day filled. I soon began to realize his intent and started throwing myself into things I was passionate about to fill my off duty hours.
Keep the mind and hands busy and the heart will heal itself. Even with the most grievous of hurts.
 Tim0281
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/16/2015 1:22:54 PM
So far for me is good friends. I got dumped last week after 7 months, I went through a lot with this girl but I always stuck with her even when I could have saved myself a lot of trouble but that's what guys did to her in the past. She got angry with me and dumped me to be with some guy she met on facebook, it's funny she said it annoyed her when I told her she was beautiful but one thing she told me about how she met this guy is that he told her she was gorgeous. Maybe I was using the wrong word.

Thankfully I'm still friends with my first ex and another friend and they helped me understand that in reality this is the best thing for me. I wouldn't have been happy with her and frankly she didn't deserve me. I still hurt, I think mainly it's shock that I didn't think she'd be capable of doing what she did and a bit of jealousy that she's gotten off so easy while I'm left picking up the pieces. But I put myself back on POF and am talking to a really nice girl and I'm hoping we continue to enjoy each others company and something comes of it.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/20/2015 5:02:17 AM
I like to move to a different state over 700 miles away. Works wonders.
 LuvOverGold
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:31:13 PM
1. Realize that you are not alone. Except for the extreme narcissist, most go through heart break at some point. It does get better.

2. Don't rush. We all operate in different ways. Some people get over it within weeks, for others it takes years. Don't be pressured to operate at someone else's speed.

3. Hang around with your real friends, those who love you through thick and thin.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/23/2015 9:35:54 AM
Well you could try immersing yourself in work....your co-workers will eventually resent the extra work you put in though. Nothing like people hatin' on ya to forget that heartache.

A few well timed pitchers of margarita's in the appropriate venue could do wonders I suppose.

But the cure all is time, hands down.
 Peas_
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/24/2015 3:08:24 PM
The Beatles - With a Little Help From My Friends - Rock Band
https://youtu.be/6oRr59oDjB8
 kj521
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/18/2015 4:46:42 AM
I find listening to to songs that inspire not only help with a broken heart but also those times where Life just gets you down.

And I think there are some in these forums who could use a little inspiration about now.

Believe in yourself and let yourself Hope. :)

https://youtu.be/DmnKHNuzoUo
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/18/2015 8:11:59 AM
Go to youtube and watch videos by Noah Elkrief - has helped me a great deal after my last relationship ended. You don't need anybody to make you happy, it's all within you. Good luck.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/18/2015 8:30:05 AM
I couldn't even listen to any music until just a couple of years ago. Going to the store was always a risk due to the background music. Even now, I still have problems with the overall lies contained within the lyrics.
 tequila157
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/20/2015 11:33:24 AM
I looked in the mirror! Lol seriously though, people who hold on to the past have ego issues. Confidence can go a long way. If someone is confident and know their worth... they won't look back.
 MillaKitten92
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/14/2015 7:52:21 AM
I wouldn't say my heart is necessarily broken but the idea of dating and relationships again kind of freaks me out for some reason. Not sure if related. I think I healed it by first getting over that person and falling out of love. Just realizing that they aren't treating me in a way that would indicate deep love and caring, then feeling disenchanted toward them. That's probably the largest step, the initial falling out of love and not caring for them in that way anymore. Can take a long time for the feeling of love and caring to go away. Then I think the next part involved me understanding my own feelings and emotions about the whole thing. It was really hard and confusing at the beginning. Depending on why the relationship ended the feelings might be different. I felt a great sense of betrayal, since he was stealing from me. I think it can be hard in some situations to not turn inward and search for things in yourself to blame. Sometimes I felt like I was stupid and it was my fault but that was just because I was trying to turn away from my feelings and didn't understand them. So instead I tried to justify what happened and just ruminate over and over. I think I also had a great sense of being completely alone after the breakup but sometimes it's best to not ignore the discomfort and just face it head on when you're ready. So I'm finally not feeling desperately lonely, despite not having any friends pretty much. Heart break heals with understanding yourself and being able to face those feelings and emotions and being able to emotionally disconnect from loving that other person.
 actualizing
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 6:12:43 PM
OP, the broken heart is simply healing.

The best cure is to be your own best friend, love yourself, believe that you are loved, and tap into divine love.

No heart can be truly broken that connected to the divine.

We need to be there for ourselves, have our own backs, forgive and be kind to ourselves.

Naming the emotion and then letting it go helps. Love yourself enough to not judge yourself or second-guess the past; just forgive yourself for not being perfect.

Let the heart do what the heart does best: love.

Don't let your mind interfere with the process of healing. It is what it is.

Let it happen. Bless it.

In the meantime, go for a swim, a walk, join a club, talk to a friend and remember the attitude of gratitude. Being grateful only brings more positivity into your life.

Try this: 'I am grateful that the button on my blouse did not pop off when I was talking to my coworkers today.'

Peace to your heart.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2016 10:22:00 PM

Had no idea the feelings that come
with divorce.. Really had no education for feeling Heartache 'loneliness 'the betrayal and baggage left behind .What to do with all of it ? Felt the need to crawl out of my own skin' but could not.
Can't wash the pain /agony away.
Sure did not want to go on date.

FTOG -- Find Ten Other Guys. Find can be replaced with another word starting with F (use imagination, hint hint) -- and Guys can be replaced with Girls.

Basically, the last statement I quoted there is what keeps you From healing. Sure, you do not want to date. But getting those wheels churning would be a hell of a lot better VS going thru a divorce again, right? Plus, you don't want to be wallowing in a broken heart either.

Processing it for a while and not dating is understandable, and for most should be done for processing sake. But after a while, it needs to be done and is still Supposed to feel uncomfortable. Enter casual dating & mingling (places like POF). You're going to take your bruises in it (good to pick up a dating guidebook before you enter into it with both feet), but just take the casual approach and expect it as a learning experience.

Naturally what happens is that you end up dealing with other guys, other drama, and it helps fade the pain still there from Long Term Relationship... it helps make you move on, with other drama of a lesser kind. And interesting not-so-negative drama. And some positive drama, too. :) Again, it's not supposed to be easy, but it's the key to moving on. You let someone know you're on the rebound and all that -- then their expectations should be more realistic and avoid too much drama between you two anyway. And have no LTR expectations when on the rebound, and it should end up helping you grow out of it over time.
 BattleFader
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 2:34:44 PM

Thought about when my relationship ended ...Had no idea the feelings that come
with divorce.. Really had no education for feeling Heartache 'loneliness 'the betrayal and baggage left behind .What to do with all of it ? Felt the need to crawl out of my own skin' but could not.
Can't wash the pain /agony away.
Sure did not want to go on date.
And could not just
forget it..
So thought sharing some 101 Breakup for good 101 of how you over come your Heartache' Your Pain 'Your past relationship...? Would be a positive for others in this crisis or has similar relationship drama &
trauma
and possibly get some insight to move forward sooner than I did .There seem to be many people here with Broken Hearts and needing some 101 from feeling so alone' lost or
broken.

My relationship ended four months ago with a being I thought was completely perfect. She broke up via facebook and started browsing for other guys the same day. I was never forceful and I never tought of hurting her and she had a lot of mental,psychologic and physical issues. I tried being positive but it's ridiculous. I can talk for that. I was on the brink of doing the unthinkable but yet. They say time is the medecine but sometime just being with someone and talking can fade the pain.
 kj521
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/30/2016 4:52:30 PM
"I stripped naked in bed and poured hot candle wax all over my body."

I was suppose to do that for a....broken heart?

Oops! My bad! Guess it's an all occasion ritual for me now. :/
 crook_catcher
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/31/2016 3:27:16 PM

Second, when my ex told me she got engaged, I stripped naked in bed and poured hot candle wax all over my body. Both times crying.

Well I can understand the crying part. Why am I picturing one of those center piece candles that weigh 10 lbs and a gravy ladle? 8/
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2016 4:24:48 PM
joebnd

The true nature of some women perhaps?? You have been left cynical and disliking women, that is unfortunate.. We get what we allow and also what we project. Think about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >