Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > views on dogs living indoors      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 211
views on dogs living indoorsPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^^^The same can be said about people with babies and toddlers, and the lingering smell of dirty diapers.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 212
views on dogs living indoors
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:48:35 PM
CharminC- Thank you! :)
Even though I adopted him from the pound and I suspect he MIGHT be part lab and part Rottweiler, my children pointed out to me that he looks exactly like a Burmese mountain dog. I'm not going to pay for a doggie DNA test, all I care is that I love him.
It's hard for me to explain why I am so gone over this beautiful, wonderful dog.
Maybe it's because I found him ONE day before they were going to euthanize him because they couldn't place him (it was obvious, even as a puppy, that he was going to be a big dog).
Or, it might be his soulful, big brown eyes.
It could be because when I get home, I KNOW I'm going to see his big head part the curtains in the window, because mommy is home.
I have had dogs since childhood, one for fourteen years (I miss you, Molly), but this one, yep, I'm gone.
So much so that I'm a blubbering, crying mess just typing this and I don't even care.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2015 8:38:29 PM
Here is a good story involving dishes and a dog....

Larry went to visit his 86 year old grandfather in a very rural area. After spending a great evening chatting the night away, Larry’s grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon and eggs. Larry noticed a film like substance on his place, and questioned his grandfather asking, “Are these plates clean?”

His grandfather replied, “They’re as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal”.

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, Larry was concerned about the plates as it appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, “Are you sure these plates are clean?”

Without looking up the old man said, “I told you before, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don’t you worry, I don’t want to hear another word about it”.

Later that afternoon, as he was leaving, his grandfather’s dog started to growl, and wouldn’t let him pass. Larry yelled and said, “Grandfather, your dog won’t let me get to my car”.

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted, ‘COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN NOW, YEH HERE ME!!!”
 shirleywonton01
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/10/2015 9:26:18 PM

CharminC- Thank you! :)
Even though I adopted him from the pound and I suspect he MIGHT be part lab and part Rottweiler, my children pointed out to me that he looks exactly like a Burmese mountain dog. I'm not going to pay for a doggie DNA test, all I care is that I love him.
It's hard for me to explain why I am so gone over this beautiful, wonderful dog.
Maybe it's because I found him ONE day before they were going to euthanize him because they couldn't place him (it was obvious, even as a puppy, that he was going to be a big dog).
Or, it might be his soulful, big brown eyes.
It could be because when I get home, I KNOW I'm going to see his big head part the curtains in the window, because mommy is home.
I have had dogs since childhood, one for fourteen years (I miss you, Molly), but this one, yep, I'm gone.
So much so that I'm a blubbering, crying mess just typing this and I don't even care.

Wow, another testimony as to how the love of a dog is so amazing.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/11/2015 8:57:17 PM
shirleywonton01- It does my heart a lot of good to see other dog lovers that understand what some see as ridiculous.
I remember one of my oldest sons friends coming over with his sons, their father (my sons friend) knew I kept him inside,but his sons didn't.
The child was AMAZED that he was inside, then his dad told him my dog sleeps with me too.
His eyes bugged out and then he rolled them, as if to say, "you are crazy lady", then he said "she's got this big, old dog in the house", lord have mercy, the WAY he said it was SO funny:D
It really is almost impossible to make people who aren't dog people GET it, but simply put, they give us as much, or more, than we give them :)
 tgif333
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/12/2015 6:32:48 AM
I've already told the story on other dog threads about my Shih Tzu Ozzy saving my life twice.
i'll see again him over the Rainbow Bridge some day.

what's great about dogs is that they don't know if you're black, white, hispanic, asian or mixed.
they don't care if you have bad breath or body odor.
as long as you feed and water them they don't care if you're rich or poor.
as long as you love them they will give 100% back to you and more.

dogs live to love.

R.I.P. Ozzy.
if a God exists He'll allow me to be with you again.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/12/2015 6:38:42 AM

Wow, another testimony as to how the love of a dog is so amazing.

let's hope you find a good home for yours.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > views on dogs living indoors