Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > views on dogs living indoors      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CTRLvector
Msg: 76
views on dogs living indoorsPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Straight up; if this punk was standing in front of me right now I'd beat his @$$. A dog should NEVER, under any circumstances life completely outside.

Did this guy commit a crime? He has animals of his own, dogs I believe that live outside. Its not to say they live without shelter. They just don't live in the house, I don't understand how this concept is so alien. Or appears so evil, I mean the world is one ugly ass place and this hardly qualifies. What this guy is doing doesn't qualify, not by a long shot.

Countryheart1967
Msg: 77
view profile
History
views on dogs living indoors
Posted: 1/11/2015 5:25:36 AM

Not likely you'd get anywhere near my home...

Too funny. :p
I wished we lived closer, I'd be happy to give a friendly demonstration of reality. :p
 i8pineapple
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/11/2015 5:29:30 AM
Settle petal! Thing is, you yourself used the same language towards me. Go back and have a little read, and have a little think...
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 6:16:09 AM
^^^^

Are the little emoticons not showing up in either of my posts? :/

There was no friction intended, in either post.
Though, I stand by my statements.
There isn't a reason for me to settle as I'm not riled, I genuinely found the "nowhere near" statement amusing.
Hence, my reply... stating "friendly" and with emoticons indicating light heartedness.
So much is lost in text translations. :/

But still, you would never know I was there. :p
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:00:09 AM
The human animal use to live outdoors too, if that was such a swell option why are we living inside?

Secondly most of the breeds that exist now are created through human intervention. The breeds weren't bred for outside living they were bred for ease of care (more delicate, smaller and with less hair and defenses). Factor in the overbreeding and overdevelopment of the human animal a lot of predator animals injure or eat canines if left outside. Are people on this thread are so stupid they don't use common sense when it comes to this?

Third it is blatant animal abuse to leave a dog out in zero degree weather.

Fourth I find human children way dirtier, loud and obnoxious than a dog. No dog has given me a cold or disease.

Fifth this thing that stands upright and has a d*ck, why is it so special that you want to be bossed around by it? This will never stop because it found its perfect doormat.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:09:15 AM
Good points hotdog, and animals often expire on their own before the owner does.

No attorneys needed to end relations if it disobeys me.

Heck, obedience training might be worth the effort if necessary.
 phinatic14
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:19:43 AM
[Did this guy commit a crime? ]

You don't have a dog do you? The way this punk treats his dog is a crime. So he heats the shed; does that make it any better. Dogs have the capacity to feel things too: sadness. happiness, pain and suffering, etc. They need to feel loved too. You don't think his dog has ever been sad because he's living in a shed outdoors. You don't think his dog has ever wondered what he did wrong to be treated so poorly. I don't know if you're a dog person, and you don't have to be. Just understand that dogs have feelings too, and this punk who thinks everyone who lets their dog live indoors is gross needs a beating on behalf of the dog.
 phinatic14
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:32:22 AM
[Why don't you run off to Alaska and kick a lot of sled dog owning ass? You can start a little crusade. All sled dogs must be house dogs]

Nice try, but you're taking my comment a bit out of context. First, I'm sure you are well aware that I'm talking about dogs as pets. Secondly, do you know how sled dogs in Alaska live? I didn't think so. Who's to say they don't spend their days pulling a sled, then call it a day and go home to a nice warm house. Now, if you'll excuse me your Highness. Bailey just stold my chicken fingers while I was typing this message. I need to get some more
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:37:38 AM
Even my cat grows a heavier coat in the winter and she's not an outdoor cat...unless you count her visits on my balcony. Outdoor dogs do the same thing if they are used to being outside, dogs like huskies, shepards, goldens, or any other breed meant for working outdoors. And no one disagrees with dogs having "feelings", we're not morons. Those that live in the northern climates walk their dogs, run their dogs, take them to dog parks, etc. all year long. Dogs on farms are rarely inside pets, they live in a barn or somewhere protected but not inside the farm house on the sofa.

Some folks don't like their pets on their bed or on the sofa or in the kitchen....are they wrong too? Some of you radicals need to settle down. Unless someone is mistreating, abusing, not feeding their pet....it's not your business if it's an outside pet or an inside pet.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:51:27 AM
The human animal does live outside, it works outside, and it survives in frozen hell if it needs to. I know the difference from being "cold," and freezing. Even these days (for example) I gave an ex my hooded sweatshirt when she had a hooded sweatshirt and a jacket.

Why? Because I wasn't cold but she was cold. I was cold when I was in a shirt, but I wasn't freezing. So its pretty easy to look amazing for something as simple as that.
And I know what it is like to suffer through cold months of bad sleep and torture.

Secondly, there is a difference in leaving a pet to freeze, killing the pet by leaving it to freeze, and leaving a pet outside with adequate shelter.

It is blatant animal abuse leaving a dog in zero degree weather. But not if that animal has shelter outside of the house that makes the temperature livable. Its blatant ignorance to call animal abuse - without verifying what the animal actually lives like.

Agreed on human children

Fifth is typical of you,
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:05:11 AM

Neither person is willing to "give in" ....is this relationship at dead end?

only if it requires both people living in she same house. if not, both can maintain their dog under whatever conditions they want.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:27:07 AM
Tickle

Many times I have hiked in winter and all seasons for that matter for a decade, mostly 10 to 16 mile hikes, so not exactly a princess, good try moron.
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:32:05 AM

You don't have a dog do you? The way this punk treats his dog is a crime. So he heats the shed; does that make it any better. Dogs have the capacity to feel things too: sadness. happiness, pain and suffering, etc. They need to feel loved too. You don't think his dog has ever been sad because he's living in a shed outdoors. You don't think his dog has ever wondered what he did wrong to be treated so poorly. I don't know if you're a dog person, and you don't have to be. Just understand that dogs have feelings too, and this punk who thinks everyone who lets their dog live indoors is gross needs a beating on behalf of the dog.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

― Mahatma Gandhi
 Ouija2025
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:38:42 AM
Lived up North, all the sled dogs I knew the Owners of had lovely heated kennels and were allowed into the house to socialize. Many weren't Huskies btw
Our Malamute was quite happy to snuggle on the sofa.
I don't get why people would have a "pet" then leave it outside 24/7.
Then again I don't get why some people get bent outta shape about a dog mess but not their OWN mess
Lily sleeps on my bed. Under the covers when she gets cold. And she doesn't expect me to fetch her coffee in the morning! ( she drinks tea, gin after 5pm)
 TALL_IQ2
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/11/2015 10:43:46 AM
Much as a virtual catfight can amuse most of us things that stand upright and have a **** on a rainy Sunday morning, it may upset some of the powers that be to see name-calling here online for all the POF World to see. Or at least us few veteran Forumites left and a few shocked newbies...

For future reference, stooping to name calling is not allowed here, and most mature people realize it reflects more on the emotional state of the caller than anything about the called...

Maintaining your calm and cool in spite of obvious challenges says much about your self-respect, experience and maturity.

S
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:18:25 AM
^^^ say, didn't you play Schneider on One Day at a Time? :D
 daynadaze
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:29:20 AM
I'm guessing the idea of the fact that many would live if they were outdoors in all kinds of weather, around here it would be the heat that would kill them, have never worked any place where these mistreated animals sometimes end up for medical care or to be put down. Humans can survive outside too, but I bet most of us haven't tossed a kid or relative outdoors with a blanket and a bowl of water.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:43:53 AM

mostly 10 to 16 mile hikes, so not exactly a princess, good try moron

You're telling me you went on 10-16 mile hikes for shits? That is one hell of a trail, how did you calculate the distance? Go 3-4 miles then add 12?

Do you actually know what it is to ruck 15 miles? I don't think you do, ive seen military females fall out with no gear on. 15 miles hurt me with all my gear and I was in prime shape. And that was the Army, so trust me I know what 15 miles looks like. And I know you haven't a clue what 15 miles looks like.

Probably the same way another person told me they can run 2 miles in 12 minutes. When I called them a liar, they told me that it wasn't even hard for them.

Which, is probably right, considering they probably never ran 2 miles and timed it. Let alone ran any distance for their health.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:50:53 AM
^^^
Lmao. I hear you though. I doubt most 40+ adults could run a mile in 6 minutes, let alone 2 in 12. Maybe on a treadmill perhaps.

Walking (not hiking) 12-16 miles is not a stretch of the imagination either. Hiking, however, in my definition, involves some degree of ascent and is more arduous then walking, IMHO.

I'm guilty of running a 13 minute mile for 39 minutes :(

Let me re-phrase that. Jogging. Running conjures up images of Chariots of Fire.

Not me. I'm more a jog 3 / walk (not hike) 6 guy, and my butt doesn't like inclines.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 11:58:43 AM

2 miles in 12 minutes

That's not too much of a stretch though. I can currently do two in around 14 but I usually run a lot farther for longer instead of shorter faster. I knew a number of people running 12s on their PT test. I served with one that could do 5 minute miles for two miles, but that is all he did with his time is run.

Lets not forget the time limit on those marches, 12 miles, full gear... in UNDER 3 hours, brutal. :p
 CharminC
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/11/2015 12:12:14 PM
God help the couple when they have children.
They also can get "dirty" which the man thinks is gross
Is he going to crate them too???
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 3:23:05 PM
CTRLvector,
I can walk 5 miles through the woods at my age, so it's entirely possible she can hike 15 miles at her age. As for calculating distance, around here, most trails post the miles. Or, there's apps for that.

Your attitude towards her is unwarranted.

You're telling me you went on 10-16 mile hikes for shits? That is one hell of a trail, how did you calculate the distance? Go 3-4 miles then add 12?

Do you actually know what it is to ruck 15 miles? I don't think you do, ive seen military females fall out with no gear on. 15 miles hurt me with all my gear and I was in prime shape. And that was the Army, so trust me I know what 15 miles looks like. And I know you haven't a clue what 15 miles looks like.

Probably the same way another person told me they can run 2 miles in 12 minutes. When I called them a liar, they told me that it wasn't even hard for them.

Which, is probably right, considering they probably never ran 2 miles and timed it. Let alone ran any distance for their health.
 calguy14
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/11/2015 4:17:45 PM
A lady advised me that I should get rid of my three dogs.Nope.

Had a rotti that slept well in minus 15,most other breeds it's not likely.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/11/2015 4:47:06 PM
If I am running, ever, I suggest you run too
Most likely an axe murderer is after me. Who am I kidding? Stand your ground applies .. well unless it is a shoe sale, then I can move like a spider on crack
Don't ask
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/11/2015 5:27:56 PM

He was CLEAR about his feelings - NO WAY.....Her dog is afraid of him, hides and bow her head because he raises his voice around her and presents his "alpha" self in order to teach her dog that it is "HIS house"

Is very sad to read this. This dog is already unhappy.!

[B]BEFORE TAKING THE NEXT STEP[/B] , she should OBSERVE The behavior of him AND his dog when they are together watch closely the reaction of the DOG towards the owner.
That will tell her what kind of person he is, if the dog is afraid and does not approach him, this means that he is a heartless and not compassionate man......Dogs should be happy all the time when they see they owner.

[b[Did she SEE if his dog is well fed ??have a good shelter?.Has she SEEN him petting his dog ever?
This says if the person is responsible, shows compassion, and if it has love to what surrounds him.

He still wants her to move into his home....... She is struggling with this decision,

She must analyze very well all the answers and then take the next step, and I hope that she take the right decision.
The two have different ways to act and look at life (this includes with the animals) .Do not allow this man change this in you/her.

Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > views on dogs living indoors