Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > views on dogs living indoors      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 151
views on dogs living indoorsPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
@ tickle_me_pank

I thought washing your hands before touching food was something everyone in the civilized world learned before kindergarden, .

one would think that but the reality is that pet owners will sometimes allow their pets to eat from their hands while they cook or while they eat...and will not wash their hands every time unless of course if they have OCD

I do love my dogs but there will not be tongue

that would mean that either your dog have no tongue, your dog don't like you, your dog is afraid of you, or you don't allow your dog to lick your face because you find it gross

My dogs are house dogs, but except for one designated doggie chair, they aren't allowed on the furniture

in that case you might as well leave them outside

@BLonde^j^AngeL

I have 8 cats. Blankets on couch & recliner.

and an assortment of litter boxes everywhere

I save sex for my bedroom or his apartment & do it Kitty-Kat Style (look that one up in the Kama Sutra) not doggy style.

I don't think that real kitty kats do it that way but the good thing is that the Kitty Kat Style aka "Missionary Position" is Vatican approved

If a man wants my pvssy, he has to put up w/ all the other pvssies in my home ;0P

and both of you will learn to always look before you sit, him to make sure he doesn't sit on a cat, her to make sure he didn't leave the toilet seat up
 funchesf
Msg: 152
views on dogs living indoors
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:00:55 AM

Maybe you should avoid such pet owners rather than trying to convince them they should change their lifestyle to fit yours

so expecting a dog owner to wash their hands everytime they feed their pet a tasty treat from their hand while cooking is trying to change their lifestyle? ....but in your post "MSG 154" you stated that "you thought washing your hands before touching food was something everyone in the civilized world learned before kindergarden" ... jeez "tickle me pank" it sure sounds like you're contradicting yourself ...

Whaat? The dogs have 2,500 square feet of floor to lay on. They don't need furniture, or pants or little pink dresses

or freedom
 nocrapzone
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:09:42 AM
During a quite uncomfortable (for me!) Thanksgiving dinner some years ago while the host & hostess got liquored up, and confessed in a drunken state that while getting it on, quite often their dog (a 90 lb. Black Lab) would join in,licking the banger's azz out while he was banging the bangee

should people be comfortable enough with the sometimes strange attachment to pets to accept THIS ?

are they judged as "SQUEAMISH" if they'd object and run the other way?

then call me SQUEAMISH!

gives new meaning to the term "three-way"

the REALLY WEIRD part is they (both) did not seem the least bit ashamed about it, or think it was strange or weird, it seemed to be a regular occurrence, leaving the bedroom door open to get the salad tossed

a bit of extra stimulation I guess. on the pen1s & azz at the same time, maybe she could feel some furry contact too?

they both REALLY seem to love that dog, I guess just patting "him" (a member of the menage a trois)

on the head would not suffice?
 basilisk123
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:30:48 AM
"During a quite uncomfortable (for me!) Thanksgiving dinner some years ago while the host & hostess got liquored up, and confessed in a drunken state that while getting it on, quite often their dog (a 90 lb. Black Lab) would join in,licking the banger's azz out while he was banging the bangee"-nocrapzone

^^^That is a definate WTF moment. I am hoping they didn't continue after the dog started. A suprise salad tossing would freak me out lol
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:52:07 AM

so expecting a dog owner to wash their hands everytime they feed their pet a tasty treat from their hand while cooking is trying to change their lifestyle?

Where have you seen that people are in contact with some another thing that is not food while they cook?......Nobody does that.!!
You are making excuses for your behavior against the pets inside the house....This is a normal behavior of those who are not particularly fond of animals. .Excuses,Excuses,Excuses.!!None are valid.!

Mercy ,compassion,tenderness,humanity,Those are great qualities in a human being ... Many people lack it.!

People, me included, find great pleasure in all kinds of animals, and NO april not in a sexual way. You are funny though.

I am not sure what do you mean by that..And why do you mention my screen name on that statement.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/28/2015 8:16:34 AM

Mercy ,compassion,tenderness,humanity,Those are great qualities in a human being ... Many people lack it.!

lack it? no doubt there are people who step over starving homeless people as they are out walking their beloved dog(s)

seen it happen before
 ladyc4
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/28/2015 8:52:03 AM
whether a pet/companion animal lives indoors our outdoors or some combination thereof, depends much on the animal itself and what the animals' function is.
The OT seems to indicate a fundamental conflict between 2 people in a relationship, that is exhibited in a disagreement over where her dog should be hanging out.
IMO, if the dog is accustomed to spending a lot of time inside with the object of their affection-their human(s)-
it would be psychologically tough on the dog to be suddenly switched to an outdoor life, even though basic safety and comfort from weather would be observed.
But I think this situation points to an inflexibility on the part of the boyfriend that may well spill over into other areas of the relationship and cause more difficulties.
Cindy O
 nocrapzone
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/28/2015 8:56:44 AM

As if the dogs were prisoners in my home. Somebody call the ASPCA.

I'm sure that male dogs also "volunteer" to get their balls cut off

and the female ones "volunteer" to be spayed
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/28/2015 10:00:59 AM
No matter what your view on pets; if it's very polarized ("My way or the Highway") point of view, it's a strike against compatibility in a relationship. No different if it's religion, politics, money or elsewhere. If you can't see past specific differences in a person to appreciate who they are, you might as well give it up and look elsewhere. Just remember, the list of 'Must Haves' is made not only for your own preferences, but your own detriment as well. If it's too long and alienates too many people, it's up to you to change it accordingly - not to expect or demand everyone else to bend to your will - because they won't.
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/28/2015 11:09:41 AM

if april can equate a dog drinking from the toilet on par with my level of intimacy with a partner

Where I said that??

Again, I do not know why You has to mention my screen name in this statement... BUT.... IF a dog drinks from a toilet, it is because it has an irresponsible owner who does not give his/her dog the proper care with the water and food.

lack it? no doubt there are people who step over starving homeless people as they are out walking their beloved dog(s)

Homeless people? Starving people? in United States?...No,In this country people are homeless and hungry is ONLY because of THEIR bad decisions in life and due to the LAZINESS of themselves to become better human beings.It means that they CHOOSE their future, a DOG does NOT have that option.
 _babblefish
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:05:54 PM

Homeless people? Starving people? in United States?...No,In this country people are homeless and hungry is ONLY because of THEIR bad decisions in life and due to the LAZINESS of themselves to become better human beings.It means that they CHOOSE their future, a DOG does NOT have that option.

if only they had a "power of prayer" list like poor hungry Louise Redden, such a touching story in your profile,

i suppose if baby jesus isn't in their heart because of THEIR bad decisions and due to LAZINESS of themselves to become better human beings they could always eat a dog
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:16:30 PM

No matter what your view on pets; if it's very polarized ("My way or the Highway") point of view, it's a strike against compatibility in a relationship. No different if it's religion, politics, money or elsewhere. If you can't see past specific differences in a person to appreciate who they are, you might as well give it up and look elsewhere

My house, my animals, my rules.

PLus maybe he likes "Kitty Kat Style" ;0P
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:35:34 PM

if only they had a "power of prayer"

Correct.! THE POWER OF A PRAYER.!!

Poor hungry Louise Redden WASN'T LAZY.....THE ONE WHO SEEKS FINDS.!!

If they believe in God from the bottom of their hearts,they could fight against ANY adversities of life.
It is allowed to make mistakes in life, we are all imperfect, And God forgive these life errors.
But what God does NOT ALLOW is LAZINESS.

WE GET WHAT WE WANT FROM LIFE,BUT WE HAVE TO WORK FOR IT.!!
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:44:39 PM

Oh FFS, this is nuts - you are judging???? Isn't that your god's job, not yours? What you deem as "lazy", god may have a different opinion.

There are dogs that ARE outside dogs. My friends that have outside dogs have insulated homes for them, the dogs are warm and fed and exercised and yes, they are part of their family. But, they are outside dogs. Not a damn thing wrong with that.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/28/2015 12:56:35 PM
^^^^^^^^ Agree. WTF, god’s henchman?

I love animals but sometimes I don’t want to be around them through no fault of their own, but because of crappy owners.

Not appetizing to watch flying animal fur landing in food set out buffet style. I almost vomited once while having dinner at a friend’s house, watching her place her dinner plate on the floor for the dog to lick, while I’m eating off a plate just like it! Disgusting human behavior and sloppy housekeeping, not the fault of the animals but then I wanted them nowhere near me.

Washing hands while preparing food should be a no-brainer. SMH Just a hint, might want to wash your food as well. *eyeroll*
 nocrapzone
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/28/2015 1:32:14 PM
wonder why Jesus bothered with the fish & loaves thing to feed all those LAZY BUMS?

who wouldn't get off their butts to get their own food, fish, or pray?

LMAO, the religion of caring & compassion..?

I'd rather have 1000 dogs in my house than a loony judgmental hateful religious nutter

also never realized until April posted that POF forum sis restricted to USA residents

So what's the secret, April? Pray that you'll be able to seduce a wealthy man into supporting you, then following through?

then pray for him to die young so you inherit big time? that would work

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I guess different rule apply in Florida, USA? Dogs come before people.. ?

New International Version
"He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

New Living Translation
"And he will answer, 'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.'

English Standard Version
Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/28/2015 1:55:44 PM

But what God does NOT ALLOW is LAZINESS.

If that was remotely true, house cats would have been made extinct a millennia ago.
 funchesf
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/28/2015 2:35:44 PM
@ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly

is locking a pet in the house for the rest of their life and controlling their freedom a sign of compassion, loneliness or perhaps selfishness on your part?...imagine if the dog did the same to you and would only let you out to take a dump ...would that make the dog compassionate or Cujo?

@ tickle_me_pank

I'm not contradicting myself. YOU are the one who keeps inventing questionable personal hygiene habits. The comment about "lifestyle" was clearly meant in the context of people who like having house dogs versus those who don't.

sorry "tickle me pank"... but perhaps you should read the original post when it mention that the guy felt that dogs living in the home was dirty...which means it is about " hygiene".....perhaps not knowing what the original post was about explains why you're constantly contradicting yourself

Maybe you need to focus on improving your reading comprehension before you say something that makes you look obtuse.

wow...tickle me pank....do you kiss your dog with that mouth?

As if the dogs were prisoners in my home.

tickle me pank....can you get a brief "rational" explanation as to why your dogs are not prisoners? ....I bet you can't
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/28/2015 2:50:39 PM

I almost vomited once while having dinner at a friend’s house, watching her place her dinner plate on the floor for the dog to lick, while I’m eating off a plate just like it! Disgusting human behavior and sloppy housekeeping, not the fault of the animals but then I wanted them nowhere near me.

What, they didn't wash the plates, just let the dog lick them off?..

Or do animals leave germs on there that Soap & Water can't get off?

I don't think it's good for Dogs & Cats to be given Human Food, it's not the Right Diet for them, but still the Phobias some People carry around in their Heads..........
 ApriLikesWhiteRosesOnly
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/28/2015 3:10:51 PM

is locking a pet in the house for the rest of their life and controlling their freedom a sign of compassion, loneliness or perhaps selfishness on your part?

Do you know what is a dog door?
http://youtu.be/NJPzUCs9LQM
My dog died when he was 15 years old,his name was Spot. the first thing we bought when we moved to this house was a dog door.

Okay people, I am bored and done with this thread,did wasted the whole day on this online thing....shame on me.!

bye bye
 ladyc4
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/28/2015 4:09:41 PM
OMG
some of the people posting here would give birth to a litter of kittens if they'd seen my horse reach over my shoulder and bite off half of my ham submarine sandwich...
Or my dad's pet raccoon, perched on my shoulder, grabbing my glass of ice tea and drinking it.( No, I poured the rest of it in his dish, put him on the floor, and got a fresh glass...)
Nah, we didn't let the dogs lick the plates but they were handy for partially cleaning up the inevitable spills on the floor, from a table full of kids.
Again, pets/animals in the house is a matter of individual preferences and the physiology/psychology of the animal.Or sometimes an emergency, as in the case of a weak calf, colt, lamb or kid(baby goat), squirrel, raccoon, baby rabbit...
Cindy O
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/28/2015 4:28:22 PM

is locking a pet in the house for the rest of their life and controlling their freedom a sign of compassion, loneliness or perhaps selfishness on your part

I have cats, they r housecats...4 were slated to be murdered for no good reason. I have a 3 BR 1.5 BA house, so they have enough space to wander in (plus cats sleep a lot)
so I can say I had compassion for each one I took in.

Loneliness? We all get lonely at times!

Selfish?
Scooping the litter 3x a day, buying the litter & cat food takes $ out of my budget.

In my case, 4 would have been dead, 4 in a shelter & prob not too happy.
My cats r very happy, well adjusted, respond to their names, some commands, participate in family events so I would say it is win-win for all of us.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/28/2015 11:44:44 PM

is locking a pet in the house for the rest of their life and controlling their freedom a sign of compassion, loneliness or perhaps selfishness on your part?

You're darn tootin' that I control my cat's outdoor activities. I love him too much to let him risk becoming a flat cat. Smokey knows he can go out when on his leash and does quite well on it. Thor is different in that he was a stray that we took in. For the first year he wouldn't go outside. I joked that he was afraid we wouldn't let him back in. When he does venture out with my son or I he doesn't leave the yard. And BA is right, cats sleep a lot. Right now I'm researching to get better cast tree. Yeah, they lead horrible lives.
 deetristate
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/29/2015 3:03:34 AM
“Never argue with a animal lovers; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

They are quite passionate. Best to let them be.
 Dee4166
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2015 4:16:38 AM
Animals that are PETS have been domesticated for companionship and are NO LONGER "wild"and if let "loose" outside, their lives end up being both short and normally end painfully.
Through breeding and genetic manipulation , many of the "wild" traits have been specifically removed which means they are dependent on their humans for food, shelter and protection.
That IS the definition of a "domesticated animal"....
Can't say how many cats and even dogs I ran across in the SPCA that were "let loose in the wild" by irresponsible owners to "fend for themselves" and ended up instead half-dead from starvation and/or injuries or even just, plain, dead....
Conversely, you have many exotic pet species that people attempt to keep as pets who, when turned loose, retain enough of their "wild" traits, which is ALSO what makes them UNSUITABLE as pets, that they actually DO succeed in the wild and then go on to create havoc....For example, pythons in Florida. But those are wild animals, who for the most part have NOT been genetically manipulated to the point of domestication, yet, unlike cats and dogs....

As for the hygiene of having a pet indoors...well, don't get me wrong, I went out with a guy who had a cat, that is ONE cat, and even with the scoopable litter available today he STILL managed to allow the litter box to become SO disgusting, that even the cat would eventually start doing it's business BESIDE the box, as opposed to going IN it!!!....
So NOT cool!!! Also, the house was choked with cat hair, on EVERY surface, etc. Can't deal with THAT!!!

If you have pets, I think that you have to be ready, willing and able to sacrifice a good deal of time and energy on ensuring a basic level of hygiene if they are indoors unless you want to be eating, breathing and wearing their hair every day, which I don't.

When I had my dog, I vacuumed/swept DAILY, NEVER allowed my dog to lick me, (it's a MYTH that dog's mouths are clean!!! lol) , didn't allow him on the furniture, he had a bed, actually a full-sized futon, but actually preferred to sleep on the floor, and washed my hands WELL before preparing food.
There was never a question of having to re-wash my hands, as my dog was trained to stay AWAY from the kitchen when I was cooking, preparing food, etc.

As others have said and I include myself in that....there are some dogs that fare quite fine living outdoors with adequate shelter, food and water, but it really isn't a good idea to take a dog who is used to being indoors and trying to turn them into an outdoor dog or to try and do that with a dog like a pittbull, or one of the toy breeds....Also, they NEED companionship, as in other animals, otherwise it's just too much like solitary confinement for such a sociable animal....

As for all of those who find that just HORRIFYING, I just want to know how you feel about allowing cows and horses and chickens in the house? Those, too, are domesticated animals that have even LESS protection against the elements than the average dog does, yet I don't hear anyone here "defending" their "right" to be indoors????!!!!??? LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > views on dogs living indoors