Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 2016 guess.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 51
2016 guess.Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
yes, instead of a chicken in every pot!

well a fully stocked Italian liquor cart is better than a check from the gov't every single month isn't it! it will save us all a lot of dough.

plus we don't have to send a newer bigger check for every illegitimate child a teenager has. we'll send the teens Welsh's grapefruit juice!

Yule_liquor
Msg: 52
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:47:31 AM

put up our own health insurance program...

Ummm, yeah!
Like the one the GOP was fighting "real hard" (sarcasm intended) to put through before B.O was DULY elected, right!
Trusting the GOP with enacting a just healthcare plan is like trusting a Coyote not to eat the chickens after he's put in charge of the Hen house!

I figure I can do a much better job since I have had success in every realm of business I've been involved in.

then maybe you can pick Mitt Romney or Donald Trump as your running mate; as both can learn a thing or 2 from you. Because both these GOP guys manage to destabilize or flush under every instutition they were ever inv0lved with.
 cold_coffee
Msg: 53
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:56:27 PM
Hilary is too ugly to get elected to anything. And most women cannot respect a woman who allows her husband to behave the way he did.
 tgif111
Msg: 54
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:58:51 PM
having announced my candidacy for president here is my first proposal....

my first official act as President would be to build a solid brick wall from a quarter mile out to sea at Brownsville, Texas all the way to a quarter of a mile out to sea in San Diego, California. it would be ten feet high and electrified on the Mexican side, on it's top and 8 feet below ground. not enough to kill but to zap them.

on the Mexican side signs of various languages would be spaced 100 feet apart saying "Use of Lethal Force is authorized by the United States Government for anyone attempting to cross this wall."

tens of thousands of U.S. military would monitor the entire border 24/7.

that should slow down the illegal future voters of the democratic party.
 Orione7
Msg: 55
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 1:14:39 PM
^When are all the whites going back to Europe? shouldn't that be in the plans?
 DameWrite
Msg: 56
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 2:25:06 PM
Maybe if the u.s. didn't screw over south america and mexico the people wouldn't feel the need to immigrate to the u.s.?
Then the racists who forget where they came from can pick on someone else who is desperately trying to make a go in an elitist system full of violent criminals.

For some sick reason, spoiled, violent "men" think a good zap, barbed wire, militarization, and death threats are okee dokee. These are the same types that claim they did all the hard work and earned their money instead of admitting paying minimum wage, making their employees depend on tips, and asking for employee dedication to cover their sorry azz and taking advantage of tax loop holes.
 ohenryx
Msg: 57
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:00:25 PM

tgif111
having announced my candidacy for president here is my first proposal....

my first official act as President would be to build a solid brick wall from a quarter mile out to sea at Brownsville, Texas all the way to a quarter of a mile out to sea in San Diego, California. it would be ten feet high and electrified on the Mexican side, on it's top and 8 feet below ground. not enough to kill but to zap them.

on the Mexican side signs of various languages would be spaced 100 feet apart saying "Use of Lethal Force is authorized by the United States Government for anyone attempting to cross this wall."

tens of thousands of U.S. military would monitor the entire border 24/7.

that should slow down the illegal future voters of the democratic party.

George Santayana
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Anyone remember the Berlin Wall and how well that worked out for the Soviet Union?
 chameleonf
Msg: 58
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 3:17:15 PM

Hilary is too ugly to get elected to anything. And most women cannot respect a woman who allows her husband to behave the way he did.

...and this, folks, sadly, is the reasoning behind the way too many people cast their votes (even if the above was possibly posted in jest).
 tgif111
Msg: 59
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:24:51 PM
cautiousluv,

do you know where I got the idea about the sign?

if you go to the perimeter of Area 51 the top secret military base (APPROMIMATELY 10 MILES IN CIRCUMFERENCE) they have motion detectors, video cameras, surveylence and ARMED men in SUV's and Hummers patrolling the outmost grounds. the signs there read:

USE OF LETHAL FORCE IS AUTHORIZED TO ANYONE ENTERING THIS GOVERNMENT INSTALLATION
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 60
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 4:41:51 PM

The problem is......the USA is TOO soft hearted. We should have done something about it a long time ago.

I think the problem is there are some people just do not seem to get it.

Because to be for deporting people who are contributing to the economy, is either a failure at simple economics, possible large stake in the private prisons system (as you would stand to make a killing as the cost to deport all of those people would be in the 10's if not 100's of billions) or maybe they are just a racist.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 61
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/21/2015 8:40:18 PM

tens of thousands of U.S. military would monitor the entire border 24/7

The Mexico/US border is 1,989 miles.
Let's assume you have a single guard every 200 yards (2 football fields) so they are (somewhat) able to support each other. You're going to need 17,503 troops.
Assume 3 8 hour shifts per day. You're going to need 52,509 troops.

Add in replacements for weekends/R&R/general time off. I'll make it simple, and just assume 3 per day, and they can work a few days every week. You're going to need another 52,509.
The tooth-to-tail ratio for the US is between 3 and 10, from what I've been able to figure out from conflicting sources. Let's assume for the sake of argument that even though the military is a government programme,we are very, very efficient and that it's only 3.

You're going to need 315,054 troops in total

The US has approx 1.4 million men in arms, about 384,000 troops. That's army, navy, air force, marines AND coast guard combined. PEAK strength for the entire coalition in Iraq was only about 184,00 troops.

oh - just so you have something reasonable to compare with ..... the SOVIET UNION only had just shy of 250,000 border guards. And the Soviet LAND borders were approx 12,500 miles long - over 6 times greater than the US/Mexico border.

Good luck with that.

On the other hand, maybe it IS a good idea. With so many troops committed stateside, maybe you won't be able to****around in the rest of the world so freely or often.
 DameWrite
Msg: 62
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 2:51:49 AM
The Untold History of the United States is an hour showtime documentary on Bush and Obama narrated by Oliver Stone. Have any Americans seen it? You may want to.

Obama Clinton Bush might as well be the same puppet candidate.
 calguy14
Msg: 63
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 3:53:18 AM
@dame
So the governments of Mexico and South America are the fault of Americans?I didn't know that.Uncle Sam was dictating their lack of principles and greed?People from the south go north because the rich "trickle" on the poor.This has nothing to do with Americans.People not taking responsibility for their actions and blaming everything on whitey is getting sooo tiresome.
 tgif111
Msg: 64
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 4:37:19 AM
notgorshkovagain msg 67:

MY PRESIDENTIAL RESPONSE:

I believe the number of military would initially be what you say and I would gradually bring that number down as we took control of the border. the military could be supplemented and subordinated in the beginning by the national guard. my plan includes massive hiring.

also my plan is a job creator for many Americans who want to get into the military but do not want to go overseas to be in harms way. incentives would be created to join and become border guards at decent wages.

more job creation: contractors from all over the USA would have to build offices, barracks, incarceration centers, homes, apartment buildings, grocery stores, Walmart type stores and entertainment venues all along the border. all along the border all these other businesses would spring up to support this huge new population of people.

the money we pay out for all of this would be affordable compared to what it costs to take care of the illegals who are in the country on welfare and other illegal activities. it would also keep out potential terrorists. in the long run it would be a very good investment.

and yes, we would save money and cut back on non essential bases all over the world. that leads us up to my next proposal later in these pages - energy creating. one of the reasons we have enemies is our presence in the middle east and oil. we need to lessen our presence there and concentrate on what needs done here in the USA.

look for more as I consult my chief of staff Eric Summit.
 calguy14
Msg: 65
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 6:37:42 AM
I think more technology and drones of all manner would be a less expensive method to guard the border.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 66
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 6:49:04 AM

more job creation: contractors from all over the USA would have to build offices, barracks, incarceration centers, homes, apartment buildings, grocery stores, Walmart type stores and entertainment venues all along the border. all along the border all these other businesses would spring up to support this huge new population of people.

Clearly you're off the page of the rest of your teapuppet congressmen...your mantra should be "Government doesn't create jobs"
 tgif111
Msg: 67
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:51:00 AM

I think more technology and drones of all manner would be a less expensive method to guard the border.

good thinking calguy. my chief of staff Eric Summit suggested that as well as aerial surveillance.

Clearly you're off the page of the rest of your teapuppet congressmen...your mantra should be "Government doesn't create jobs"

I think for myself. I never once said I was a teaparty guy. I like some of their ideas for America. as I mentioned in a previous thread I liked two things the golfer did and one of them were the drone strikes. I am open to good ideas.

what say you Irish on improving my border plan? i'm open to discussion. what do you think is the good and bad of it?
 cold_coffee
Msg: 68
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 10:26:43 AM
It isn't necessary to secure the entire border. Most of it is remote and inaccessible except by vehicles and organized smuggling rings which can easily be detected.

And most illegal aliens enter this country legally as visitors or temporary farm workers. They only become illegal when they establish permanent residency in the United States.

A serious policy would involve prosecuting employers who hire illegal aliens. The real problem here is the government not enforcing our immigration laws.
 tgif111
Msg: 69
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 12:30:26 PM
no need to hunt and try to find them if they can't get in. a solid guarded wall is the 85% of the answer.

however cold coffee you are correct in being watchful of visitors who over stay. vigilance to watch and prosecute employers who hire these folks as you said is the other part. good suggestion. thank you.

anyone else have some good ideas for my administration?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 70
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 12:44:30 PM
@TGIF111 Making me in charge of all armed forces would be a smart move on your part. I will do in weeks what hasn't been possible to do in decades. Just don't hold me back the way they did to General Patton and our American map makers will be working around the clock. Heck, manufacturers of globes might get more business as well.
 kj521
Msg: 71
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 2:40:18 PM
"anyone else have some good ideas for my administration?"

Tgif.....

While I am rather qualified for several positions.....I prefer not to have the associated stress at this point in my life.

With that said......I would make a fantastic Goodwill Ambassador......just throwing it out there!

And just so you are aware.....I would need a substantial wardrobe and accessory expense account...because everybody knows it is of utmost importance as to how one presents themselves while spreading peace, love and joy to the World! :D
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 72
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 2:58:16 PM
"anyone else have some good ideas for my administration?"

Tgif.....

Though I've never aspired to political life, I could possibly be persuaded to come out of retirement in the capacity of Attorney General.....if..... a membership, monthly dues and green fees at Congressional were thrown in.

JK people.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 73
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 3:07:30 PM
@KJ.. I will support you if you support me :). After I am finish with operation 'Canal Stampede', our country will need an ambassador of Goodwill and come to think about it I will need Crookcatcher to defend me against UN war crimes! But I assure you we will need a much smaller border patrol :).

I figured since they love to run from their country that I would take my forces and push them all south of the Panama Canal. We will now get tariffs for Panama Canal crossings and think of all the port fees going to Americans from the Cruise ships. As an added bonus we will now have all the rich guys paying taxes that settled in Costa Rica.

Wait to I tell you what I have planned for our Moose lovers up north!

Disclaimer- The above scenario is TGIF fantasy!

J/K
 kj521
Msg: 74
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 3:13:57 PM
Always Joey! ;)

And I must say...I am rather intrigued to hear your plans for our friends to the North! Lol
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 75
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 6:43:39 PM
@tgif:

good thinking calguy. my chief of staff Eric Summit suggested that as well as aerial surveillance.

Good thinking except that so far, it doesn't work. Even DHS' own watchdog says it's not working

From ArsTechnica (a tech website) :
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/01/feds-find-border-drones-dont-actually-make-border-more-secure/
Quoted sections are lifted directly from the report in question.

The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) own watchdog says that drones deployed at the United States-Mexico border do not achieve their objective of protecting the country.

In a 37-page report issued on December 24, 2014 but published for the first time on Tuesday, DHS’ Office of the Inspector General (OIG) concluded that "after 8 years, [Customs and Border Protection, or CBP] cannot prove that the program is effective because it has not developed performance measures."

In a statement, the agency had a damning conclusion for the CBP drone program, which anticipates spending an additional $443 million to acquire and operate 14 more drones.

"Notwithstanding the significant investment, we see no evidence that the drones contribute to a more secure border, and there is no reason to invest additional taxpayer funds at this time," said Inspector General John Roth in the statement. "Securing our borders is a crucial mission for CBP and DHS. CBP’s drone program has so far fallen far short of being an asset to that effort."

Specifically, the OIG also noted that CBP’s estimated drone cost per hour ($2,468) is actually about 80 percent lower than the true cost ($12,555 per hour).

As the report states:

The Office of Air and Marine’s [OAM] calculation of $2,468 per flight hour does not include operating costs, such as the costs of pilots, equipment, and overhead. By not including all operating costs, CBP also cannot accurately assess the program’s cost effectiveness or make informed decisions about program expansion. In addition, unless CBP fully discloses all operating costs, Congress and the public are unaware of all the resources committed to the Unmanned Aircraft System program. As a result, CBP has invested significant funds in a program that has not achieved the expected results, and it cannot demonstrate how much the program has improved border security.

Given the cost of the Unmanned Aircraft System program and its unproven effectiveness, CBP should reconsider its plan to expand the program. The $443 million that CBP plans to spend on program expansion could be put to better use by investing in alternatives, such as manned aircraft and ground surveillance assets.

In November 2014, the Associated Press, citing two anonymous sources from within the CBP, reported that drones now patrol over half of the US-Mexico border.

However, the new DHS OIG starkly disagrees with this assessment:

Although the Federal Aviation Administration permits OAM to fly over the southwest border from California to the Texas gulf coast, the unmanned aircraft focus on relatively small portions of the border.

For example, according to CBP, in [fiscal year] 2013 UAS operations along the 1,993-mile southwest border focused on about 100 miles of Arizona border and operations in Texas concentrated on about 70 miles of that state’s border.

Brendan Schulman, one of the nation's few drone law experts, told Ars that he was not familiar with any other similar government drone-related studies.

"Smaller drones, used in closer proximity to border areas, may turn out to be far more efficient and effective at this type of mission," he wrote in an e-mail. "The Predator is a very large airframe that is over a decade old. One of the recommendations of the report is to conduct a study on whether investments in alternatives, such as manned aircraft and ground technologies, might work better. Newer, low-cost drones that have been developed over the past year or two might be another alternative worth investigating."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 2016 guess.