Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 2016 guess.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cold_coffee
Msg: 76
2016 guess.Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

You make no mention of the border we share with white people. Just the Mexican border. Wonder why that is?

I've met lots of Canadians living in Minnesota. Most of them were doctors and nurses or other professionals who came here legally and are contributing valuable services to our economy. Most Mexicans are collecting food stamps, working off the books and not paying any taxes. They are a burden especially on working families.

You now that terrorists have tried to cross the Canadian border, right? I haven't heard of any crossing the Mexican border.

It makes perfect sense to me. It's much easier to keep track of who is coming in and out of Canada because there aren't millions of Canadians living here illegally and overwhelming our border services. Mexico is a 3rd world pest hole full of violent drug cartels and a corrupt government. We probably don't know the half of what is coming over the border.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 77
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/22/2015 7:59:15 PM
And who is hiring the Mexican workers? Who is paying the Mexican workers under the table? I can bet a lot of republicans are yet they yammer about those coming from that pest hole into the US to pick their crops, tend to their children and generally work for a quarter of the price and seem happy to do so. There are a lot of fat Americans getting a fat wallet from those that come from that pest hole. So talk to the fat cats that hire them because if there was no work, three quarters of them wouldn't be there.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 78
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 3:58:34 AM

I figured since they love to run from their country that I would take my forces and push them all south of the Panama Canal. We will now get tariffs for Panama Canal crossings and think of all the port fees going to Americans from the Cruise ships. As an added bonus we will now have all the rich guys paying taxes that settled in Costa Rica.

I think it's really cool that you, a citizen of a country that enshrines the right to bear arms to protect yourselves from government, are now planning on using all those same guns to invade other countries "just because".

Wait to I tell you what I have planned for our Moose lovers up north!

Good luck with that. I've no doubt you lot are militarily capable of successfully invading - but if you think there is any possibility of pacifying the country afterwards, you're dreaming in technicolor.

You think you've got problems protecting a 1,900 mile border with Mexico? Wait till you try the same thing on the 5,525 mile border with Canada. And unlike Mexicans, we're the same color, speak the same language, and share a lot of the same culture. You wouldn't even see us coming.

It is exactly that sort of arrogance that make so many people around the world dislike Americans - even when said in jest. And no matter how many times you try to explain that to them, they just don't get it - there is something about the knee-jerk, jingoistic psyche of so many Americans that just can't grok the idea that not everybody thinks the US is as "exceptional" or special as they themselves believe, or that other countries might *possibly* have something about them that just might be even better than what's in the US.
 calguy14
Msg: 79
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 4:23:48 AM
If Joe pushed them all south of the canal migrants would have to come by sea,same problem the Italians have to deal with.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 80
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 6:04:31 AM

If only that were true - maybe we wouldn't have this immigration problem.

Maybe more cafeteria christians like yourself should stand up and tell the world how much you hate anyone that was not born with the same skin color in the same country and they will get the hint.

Though you should really understand that the USA is not even in the top ten of places people want to immigrate to, as the USA is somewhere around #40 on the list of countries that have a net immigration.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2112rank.html
 kj521
Msg: 81
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 6:24:07 AM
So Frank.....do tell....which country did you emigrate from? ;)
 Orione7
Msg: 82
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 6:30:14 AM
Tgif isn't fit to hold office. He is one of those dodgy brown/orange people... that drones kill
 tgif111
Msg: 83
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 6:30:55 AM
Adventure Joe,

as I stated in another post I like the way you think. I have read Killing Patton and I was surprised that Ike took Patton to the woodshed on so many occasions and held back the best general we ever had.

I will give you the duel office of Secretary of Defense and Chief of Armed Forces for all the services in the United States military. you will call the shots and report only to me.

thank you Cautious Luv. I believe the Country is more important than any one individual. this policy of MASSIVE handouts will stop in my administration. America was made strong by people who pulled themselves up out of the mire and worked hard to achieve. we have become a nanny state where material things are handed out like Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. those who have served their country honorably will receive a free 4 year college education for risking their lives for their country. only those who only TRULY deserve welfare with receive it. that would include the mentally and physically disabled. those who are simply out of work will do community service with the caveat that they submit to a drug test if they want to get a debit card for food and the bare necessities to live. there will be a time limit on their handout as well. it might end up that some fully functional and healthy people will have to live under a bridge once those benefits run out. I will not allow cradle to grave handouts to fully healthy individuals. it will be the age of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

as President I will NOT give interviews to youtube "stars" who fill a tub with milk and cereal and then jump in and eat it dressed in a swimsuit and green lipstick like the pretender in chief just did yesterday. yes he actually brought her to the White House where she was allowed to ask him questions such as "if you had a superpower what would it be."
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 84
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 7:15:06 AM

what say you Irish on improving my border plan? i'm open to discussion. what do you think is the good and bad of it?

Since, you are the only teapuppet that's ever proposed any type of immigration reform (not that you've made any plans for the 11 million undocumented aliens)...I'll give it a stab:

What are my thoughts? I do believe good fences make good neighbors. Then I thought about the reality of a southern border fence:

The Mexico/US border is 1,989 miles.

So, what does the fence alone cost:

In 2009, the Congressional Search Service reported that the Department of Homeland Security had spent roughly up to $21 million per mile to build a primary fence near San Diego. The cost had ballooned as the fence extended into hills and gullies along the line.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/us/politics/border-fence-raises-cost-questions.html?_r=0

Hmmmm....$21 million per mile times 1,989 miles=$42 billion in 2009 dollars

What would the troop cost be?

You're going to need 315,054 troops in total

The cost per soldier?

The $57,000 it cost to field a troop in 1980 ballooned to $217,000 in 2010 — not including inflation. Sure, as the Congressional Budget Office notes
http://nation.time.com/2012/07/25/cost-of-fielding-a-single-troop-has-nearly-tripled-since-1980/

315000 troops X $217,000/soldier=$68.35 billion in 2010 dollars. Where will they be housed? Building bases will cost money....shutting down over seas bases will cost money...

Since it's now 2015 one can safely say those numbers have risen.

As a baseline the start up cost is at least $42 billion to construct a wall with untold base construction cost. Along with an on going cost of roughly $70 billion in troop cost...we can argue the numbers but, I feel these numbers are very conservative since they're at least 5 years old.

Personally, I think our Presidents current plan has a much more cost effective approach...leave families alone (for the time being)-concentrate on deporting criminals-increase border personnel.

Most Mexicans are collecting food stamps

They must be getting food stamps in Mexico from their government because illegals are not eligible for food stamps in America.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 85
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 7:15:53 AM

So Frank.....do tell....which country did you emigrate from? ;)

I would be happy to tell you there Tasheka, as soon as you can provide a legitimate reason for asking it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why don't you take your radical left-wing ideologies and your blatant hatred for the "white" race and shove it!!

Is it Freedom Fry Friday at the cafeteria today?
 calguy14
Msg: 86
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 7:22:48 AM
^^^
I thought it was the Baltic coast,Latvia?
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 87
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 8:47:16 AM
I don't recall nor have I seen anyone posting on here that has a "...blatant hatred for the "white" race..." No one. So that was a stupid remark but considering the source.....stupid is as stupid does.

We all came from somewhere, I know I'm 9th generation on my mother's side but only 2nd generation on my father's side. We all kicked the shyt out of the Native Americans, both of our countries managed to do that. We have a nice proud heritage. We both mistreated the Native Americans, you guys had a war over keeping your black slaves and now you want to bash every Mexican over the head because they, like your ancestors and mine, want a better life. And yes, before you go all stupid again, it would be nice if these folks crossed the border legally but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Even if that pervert small penis man Wee Willy was elected....in fact, his assassination would happen faster than you could say "Taco Bell". Orange is the new black.
 aj7125
Msg: 88
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:11:40 AM
"I don't recall nor have I seen anyone posting on here that has a "...blatant hatred for the "white" race..." No one. So that was a stupid remark but considering the source.....stupid is as stupid does."

^^^^bluemoon, I don't recall either and I would add that I haven't seen any poster on here having blatant hate for any race. If you have, please find the post that says that.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 89
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:18:51 AM

Why don't you take your radical left-wing ideologies and your blatant hatred for the "white" race and shove it!!

Posted by Cautiousluv in msg. 93.

And AJ, I don't recall it and that's why I mentioned it. Maybe ask Cautious....it seems she thinks that a poster or two have "...blatant hatred for the white race". And I'm not sure what she wants shoved or where she wants it shoved, maybe ask her that too. :) But be careful how you ask, she seems a little testy today.
 aj7125
Msg: 90
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:29:40 AM
bluemoon, so you are saying that no one in here has a blatant hate for any other race, I agree.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 91
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:37:55 AM
Oh AJ, I didn't say that exactly. I have noticed that some folks posting in Off Topic have a dislike, a bias and maybe a little racial/bigoted attitude and make nasty comments about other races, black and Hispanic come to mind. But a "blatant hatred" for the white race....nope, haven't seen that.
 aj7125
Msg: 92
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:53:04 AM
bluemoon, please give us a poster and their posts proving your comments of anyone in here being ...."a little racial/bigoted attitude and make nasty comments about other races, black and Hispanic come to mind.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 93
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:30:54 AM

I will give you the duel office of Secretary of Defense and Chief of Armed Forces for all the services in the United States military. you will call the shots and report only to me.

Thank you for the promotion sir. After hearing the Canadian operation logistics , I am now even more convinced of my time frame. You know what some say about military intelligence being an oxymoron? Well it REALLY applies to Canadian military intelligence!

That was a joke but you will admit perfectly executed! Wasn't based on arrogance lol. Just good ol fun!

I think it's really cool that you, a citizen of a country that enshrines the right to bear arms to protect yourselves from government, are now planning on using all those same guns to invade other countries "just because".

Actually I am the SOD and COAF(Secretary of Defense and Chief of Armed Forces) in the scenario and just doing my job. It is your job to negotiate with President TGIF. My forces will not be made up of militia but the real sworn in armed forces.
As a history major I would suspect you would realize most wars are economic based(even to so called religious and culture land grab ones) and I am sure this operation is no different. But it isn't my job to question the president:).

speak the same language, and share a lot of the same culture.

True, but after reading the bickering on this forum one might conclude otherwise:). With the amount of Spanish speaking in southern USA, same could be said for that area of operations. But a 5th column is part of my plan. Since you are the enemy I CAN'T TELL YOU. Stop with the psych ops! Nice try with the gal from Montreal!

t is exactly that sort of arrogance that make so many people around the world dislike Americans - even when said in jest. And no matter how many times you try to explain that to them, they just don't get it - there is something about the knee-jerk, jingoistic psyche of so many Americans that just can't grok the idea that not everybody thinks the US is as "exceptional" or special as they themselves believe,

Nah..CONFIDENCE ! You know what they say..when someone agrees/likes/etc they see confidence. When they don't, they see arrogance. Opposite sides of the same coin! It is the American CAN-DO attitude. If SHOULD-DO is another story and I will leave it to the historians to decide!

Nations that have a large military industrial complex usually have the same affliction. Same old-same old!

so many people around the world dislike Americans - even when said in jest

As a history major you should know that the same was thought of Romans and Brits (Mongols, etc) when they were the empires. USA is a global empire of sorts in all but name, actually perceived this way by non Americans more often than not. And I assume Canadians jest as well :)
I should also note that I consider myself European as much as American. One of the advantages of living in an ethnic enclave..we aren't forced to assimilate.

Also some observations from a guy that has traveled to dozens of countries, lived and worked overseas in a few , and even is a perm. resident overseas:

1. More often than not when locals talk to Canadians they mistake them as Americans(how insulting lol) until told otherwise. So it seems your not making such a great 1st impression that you suspect you are. I hear the shit you guys can't hear in the native tongue.

2. Locals in various countries have differences as to what they perceive as the most arrogance or arrogant based on personal experience . Much of the anti American bias is based on media and not personal experiences. I can't count the number of times I had to correct some ignorance propaganda.

Ask someone in the Baltic's and they will say it is the drunk, street pissing Brits roaming around cursing and attending stag parties who are most arrogant.
Many in Mediterranean beach communities think Russians are the most arrogant.
Seems worldwide Germans have a bad name ,and unlike Americans are horrible tippers.

It would be nice to NOT make a point based on stereotyping!Many including myself are guilty of that at times!

there is something about the knee-jerk, jingoistic psyche of so many Americans that just can't grok the idea that not everybody thinks the US is as "exceptional" or special as they themselves believe

I heard Obama said that.Could I be wrong? The guy it seems our neighbors to the north appreciate for his liberal and Democratic party. The same guy the EU praised when he won office. The same guy who practically apologized for America's arrogance!
That being said it would be historically inaccurate to assume a nations citizens don't think themselves above others. Right? NAH..but reality!Not just an American trait!

calguy14
Msg: 94
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:59:36 AM
@adventurejoe

If you're coming to Canada you will have to try Moosehead.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 95
view profile
History
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:14:05 AM
@Calguy you were actually part of my plan. I was going to make you in charge of drones.
 nocrapzone
Msg: 96
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:26:05 AM
probably TGIF COULD be elected President in the USA, after all they elected Ron Ray-gun twice..

but I'm afraid Ron would look like a genius next to the putative 45th Prez.

Possibly RR & TGIF have a few things in common..same brand of hair dye & spray on fake tanner? :) teeth caps?

@Calguy you were actually part of my plan. I was going to make you in charge of drones.

good plan, as it "takes one to know one" :)
 nocrapzone
Msg: 97
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/23/2015 11:37:15 AM
Actually I have read that hair dye, especially dark colors & most especially black..

can negatively affect the brain's cognitive processes..so..possibly both have a reason?
 the_summerwind
Msg: 98
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/24/2015 6:28:07 AM

As a history major I would suspect you would realize most wars are economic based(even to so called religious and culture land grab ones)

You know your History very well ! That was a very good read on History lessons #101.
And as Fear & Ignorance too,......would also be i a good runner up to start a War...

As I always had to chuckle during the Viet Nam War, & the bumper sticker that said; "Suppose they Started a War, And Nobody Came ? " ^^^

Remember the movie or book; "The Ugly American?" As it was more in how the Government ideology was run..& not its the people per say....

It would be nice to NOT make a point based on stereotyping!Many including myself are guilty of that at times!

^^^
 calguy14
Msg: 99
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/24/2015 6:48:27 AM
Well I think Joes plan to push down to the canal makes more sense every day.There are many humanitarian reasons to do so.Factor in all the drug cartels and the fear and death they bring,the private armies murdering indigenous people in remote areas....set up a functioning democratic government coupled with an economic plan,the illegals would be good to go.:)
 tgif111
Msg: 100
2016 guess.
Posted: 1/25/2015 7:19:18 AM

"Hahahaha!! It's so fun to talk about displacing hundreds of millions of people from their native land with a death toll in the tens of millions. Hehehe!!!"

well Poochie, isn't that EXACTLY what your FRIENDS the Palestinians want to do to the Israelites?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 2016 guess.