Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 451
Paying for a datePage 19 of 74    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

Hey no god no, I didn't sleep with the prick

It doesn't matter what exact 'base' you hit with him -- the concept is about "a LOT more than making out" (going well past 1st base) -- and you not complaining about it (ie liking it) -- but at the same time, pointing fingers due to regret after the fact, implying playing you or something. A classic move is next-day regret (whether it's going all the way or not going all the way) and to point the fingers at the guy due to the regret -- when she was just fine with it when the past-1st-base happened.

When us guys have next-day regret, we take it out on our friends and say "Why the hell did you let me go home with Big Betsy?!" lol
 south_city
Msg: 452
Paying for a date
Posted: 2/21/2015 2:24:14 PM

We finally agree on something.

I have agreed with you on some other topics. I also agree with Maleman. There is an overlap in the McDonald's and Starbucks menus. In particular breakfast and coffee. Plus the reasons people use to justify going to Starbucks can also apply to McDonald's. It's inexpensive. People can leave after 15 minutes because there isn't ( instant ) chemistry etc.
 CTRLvector
Msg: 453
Paying for a date
Posted: 2/24/2015 10:36:46 AM

Come on, vector. Nice one but I can't believe you buy astrology unless it's convenient.

Fairly decent save right? lol

But yeah, I don't believe in astrology - hell I don't believe in life. I'm just existing in life. And not for nothing - as crazy as it sounds - sometimes I think I'm actually dead. I know I am not actually dead - but am I really alive?

Hard to say - I only know what I know, but yeah, I got an opinion of astrology - I am a harsh skeptic, I don't believe in it - I would be more apt to believe I am wondering purgatory, than I am apt to believe my qualities as an individual in this world are based on the non-science provided by astrology - and the date on my birth certificate.

Hell if we didn't have a concept of time. day, month, year, or if it varied to any degree - then we wouldn't have astrology, or at the very least the whole concept would have to be amended. And if that concept had to be amended - who would qualify to make such amends?

Food for thought

Science you can appreciate because it produces, reproduces, and can be understood in great depth.

Astrology --- yeah, I've got better things to read or think about - and that is basically anyones post on here (provided it not be about astrology)
 petula1908
Msg: 454
Praying for a snow day
Posted: 2/24/2015 11:13:00 AM
CTRLvector

Leos abrasive? I am one and I am outspoken for sure. And like you, humourous, although not everyone realises when I am tongue in cheek, the downside of not having body language or voice intonation, just the written word.

Science? The theories there are always being disproved. Some with giant egos refuse to acknowledge they may be wrong and perpetuate a lie and deception because they cannot cope with challenge to their concepts.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 455
Paying for a date
Posted: 2/24/2015 11:20:29 AM
I don't know about paying for a date, it's never been an issue for me.
But youse guys are beating up on my Starbucks!
I'm on a first name basis with most of the people in the 3 starbucks
I go to. I don't just mean the people who work there...I know the people
who hang out there as well.

I don't drink coffee though...I like their hibiscus refresher...I don't even
know what's in it...I just like it.

I also like to go through the drive through and pay for the car behind me...
just because. I miss that about toll roads now...what with the electronic
payment form. Remember when you could pay for the people behind you
just because you wanted to?

So paying for dates, astrology...I don't know.
But I do know my overrated drink is just about the only vice I have.

But yeah, I don't believe in astrology - hell I don't believe in life. I'm just existing in life. And not for nothing - as crazy as it sounds - sometimes I think I'm actually dead. I know I am not actually dead - but am I really alive?

I get this feeling sometimes. I often feel like I'm in a parallel universe..not that I'm dead, but everyone else is. There are
varying degrees of personal hell...some people experience it earlier than others. That sort of gives them the "ah ha" moment. I've been to hell and back (and no, I can't say they were asking about you) so my idea of worst case scenario
is different than others. That's the key, I think. I sometimes wonder my lack of what others might consider "problems",
and I realize it's because on a scale of 1-10, most people's "problems" don't even make it on my list. For me, even with nothing planned, the idea of tomorrow is always enough to get me through the day.

This makes no sense now, but it did when I typed it.
hahahahahaha!
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 456
Paying for a date
Posted: 2/24/2015 11:54:28 AM

I get this feeling sometimes. I often feel like I'm in a parallel universe..not that I'm dead, but everyone else is. There are
varying degrees of personal hell...some people experience it earlier than others. That sort of gives them the "ah ha" moment. I've been to hell and back (and no, I can't say they were asking about you) so my idea of worst case scenario
is different than others. That's the key, I think. I sometimes wonder my lack of what others might consider "problems",
and I realize it's because on a scale of 1-10, most people's "problems" don't even make it on my list. For me, even with nothing planned, the idea of tomorrow is always enough to get me through the day.

This makes no sense now, but it did when I typed it.

That makes so much sense, Boo. Total sense. Yeah.

Wait. You may be in trouble there. Lots of folks think I'm a bit off. I get exactly what you're saying there.

I knew vector was going to be great to have around here the day I first read one of his posts.

Yeah, it's all bs.
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 457
Paying for existentialism
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:15:10 PM
Sometimes I feel like the thoughts in my head aren't even MINE , as if I'm just a spark of consciousness stuck inside a human being.

VVVVVV haha GOOD ONE !
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 458
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:21:52 PM
I took a test in Existentialism. I left all the answers blank and got 100.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 459
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:49:14 PM

I don't drink coffee though...I like their hibiscus refresher...I don't even
know what's in it...I just like it.

What? that's my order right there Trenta Very Berry Hibiscus with extra berries and light on the ice. I buy a pack of blackberries and add it in after a few sips, and it lasts all day, no refrigeration needed.

Have you tried their Valencia refresher? It's delicious as well. You can play around and do half and half (half of one refresher, and half of another one). Or splashes of one in the other.

Damn it, now I want one and there's none around me till Friday :-(
 browneyesboo
Msg: 460
Posted: 2/24/2015 1:18:08 PM

What? that's my order right there Trenta Very Berry Hibiscus with extra berries and light on the ice. I buy a pack of blackberries and add it in after a few sips, and it lasts all day, no refrigeration needed.

Yes Yes!
Actually, my order is Hi! How are you guys? It's Leanne!
hahahahahaha!

I like the orange...sometimes I get it mixed with black iced tea or the hisbiscus.
I don't like the lime one.

existentialism:

"If I had a dollar for every existential crisis I've ever had....

does money really matter?"
 CTRLvector
Msg: 461
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:50:52 PM

I knew vector was going to be great to have around here the day I first read one of his posts.

I did gud? :D

@petulia

I did bad? D:

@broneysboo

I did gud! yayyyy
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 462
Posted: 2/25/2015 1:18:46 PM

existentialism:

"If I had a dollar for every existential crisis I've ever had....

does money really matter?"

Yes. It's free money. Helps alleviate the stress. Although, just 1 dollar wouldn't be enough unless one's going thru a crisis every 5 seconds. Maybe $1,000 for every existential crisis... hell yeah. Bring it on! The more the merrier.
 Aradia96
Msg: 463
Posted: 2/26/2015 12:03:52 AM

I did gud? :D

@petulia

I did bad? D:

@broneysboo

I did gud! yayyyy

hehe very cute :3
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 12:47:28 PM
She always pays. Without it even coming up. She never asks to go dutch. And feels bad if I try to pay anything.

Yes, she is a proper chivalrous woman. Understands how disrespectful it is of me to assume she's going to pay, or that she is supposed to, or that she isn't a real woman nor deserves my company unless she always pays even when it's our first few dates and we don't even know each other...so she always insists on paying automatically to solve the dilemma.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 465
Posted: 3/3/2015 12:59:34 PM

She always pays. Without it even coming up. She never asks to go dutch. And feels bad if I try to pay anything.

Yes, she is a proper chivalrous woman. Understands how disrespectful it is of me to assume she's going to pay, or that she is supposed to, or that she isn't a real woman nor deserves my company unless she always pays even when it's our first few dates and we don't even know each other...so she always insists on paying automatically to solve the dilemma.

Nice piece of what I assume is shoe is on the other foot sarcasm! Too bad it will fall upon deaf ears.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 466
Who cares? I'll buy
Posted: 3/3/2015 2:18:25 PM
How many of these threads are there here?

Demidar, maybe you'd like women more if you weren't here on forums. Even I liked women more before I was here on forums.

Who gives a damn who pays? Gawd almighty.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 467
Jedi mind tricks to make her pay...
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:51:30 PM

Wow... nice catch. I figured those catches only existed on those adult sites of young guy/MILF matchups...

Yes, she is a proper chivalrous woman.

At first I thought you said "curvaceous woman". I'm not lying! I guess it may be part trying to visualize a gal thru words, and also "chivalrous + woman" are rarely paired together.

so she always insists on paying automatically to solve the dilemma.

Wow -- nice Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi mind tricks to have her believe that go that route! You should write a book...! ;)

Nice piece of what I assume is shoe is on the other foot sarcasm! Too bad it will fall upon deaf ears.

Yes, quite clever... I'm sure there'll be a few hair flips due to it...
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Jedi mind tricks to make her pay...
Posted: 3/4/2015 5:53:01 AM
These are not the droids you're looking for...
 kasandroid
Msg: 469
Soon Droids will need a pity date
Posted: 3/5/2015 2:55:13 PM
Droid needs bionic parts and other 95 year old stuff....so guess my dates gotta pay, I could do my sexy walk as well. I promise I will not rant about the lack of rewiring the god complex people ain't gonna do, and you don't have to be tall cause I can't look up, me thinks Droid is one hot mess but she could make ya laugh, while sitting pretty.
 waverunningeek
Msg: 470
Paying for a date
Posted: 3/26/2015 10:01:55 PM
This is why only suckers do dinner on a first date: abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woman-dates-free-dinner-match-15112192

From what I'm reading and seeing first-hand, this is a pretty widespread problem. You'd think with feminism and whatnot, women would be happy to split the bill or (god forbid) even offer to pay.

Personally, I'm not a fan of going dutch. I like taking turns, that way both people get to do something nice for one another.

Dinner is really dumb thing to do as a first date for so many reasons. But if she insists then I say go dutch or pick something else.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 471
Paying for a date
Posted: 3/26/2015 11:41:32 PM

This is why only suckers do dinner on a first date: abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woman-dates-free-dinner-match-15112192

Standard Operating Procedure of a gal you chit-chat with on a site, and shortly thereafter said chit-chat agree to meet up -- is to meet up for a couple drinks and an appetizer. Basically give it a "happy hour" feel. Ideally during the week on a Thurs evening or something, or during the afternoon on a Saturday -- that way it doesn't cut out of your (or her) plans. If a gal is determined that a guy she hasn't even been pen-paling to take her out to a full-fledged dinner date without ever meeting before and to pay her way -- it's a turn-off. It's that "determined" aspect of it (which may or may not be read).

Obviously a gal who you are pen-paling with or something like it (talking on the phone a good amount, texting a ton; all on-going for a good long while) -- she's not going to be someone who's motivated by free dinners, nor is she going to take things for granted that some gals may too naturally do. But even with a gal you communicate with solidly and for a good, solid amount of time before actually meeting -- nothing wrong with just meeting in a somewhat casual setting for a drink or two (and/or appetizer) on a weekday evening or weekend afternoon. If a gal feels short-changed by that in any situation with a guy they haven't met yet, then their priorities are obviously out in left field. Thankfully, this approach is rarely a problem.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 472
Paying for a date
Posted: 3/27/2015 1:37:32 AM
I'm asked to dinner quite frequently, here.

My M.O. is to speak with people for some time before agreeing to any meeting. I give it a few days to a week (or more) so that I have "feel" for what the person's about. (At this time they're free to do as they like to meeting people who are ready to meet straight away.) I do suggest a coffee meet before that and if goes well, we can move forward to dinner -- simple -- and not to make demands or inconvenience them, in any way. (I'd never avail myself to dinner dates with people whom I feel wouldn't be a good match. I'm not interested in wasting any man's time and his kindly effort. IOW.)

As it were, I went on a couple of dates very recently (there isn't any point in crying at home) and it was dinner for both first introductory meets. Both allowed me to choose the establishment close to me, which I did that were both reasonably priced and had a tasteful ethnic fare. They arrived to the respective establishments clean, well-groomed, and seemingly very interested in me. And I arrived the same with deep appreciation for their efforts. (One is three years younger and the other is significantly older than me.)

And while I was sick with a nasty rhino-virus turned sinus infection for the past several days, they offered to send or bring me things they think I needed as I recovered and anything else I needed while I recovered (to which I politely declined, as I don't know them).

I'm not sure where it'll go, but the way in which they presented themselves, they'll haven't any issues finding suitable matches for themselves. High caliber men, both of whom I met on POF....
 Dee4166
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:17:59 AM
Glad you're getting out there EBM...and sorry about the sinus infection.....
Also REALLY glad to hear about the nice men that you met.....

OT.
@waverunner....

I believe that link has been posted oh....about 10 times since it came out, or else there are just an awful LOT of links flying around about this 'epidemic' and the demise of feminism....

Sheesh....Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to Norwegian....

What he said....

And do yourself a favour and try and lose the 'budding bitterness' towards women,....

ALL women are not ANYTHING, and if you still want one for yourself....being a 'bitter biscuit' is NOT exactly considered to be the best 'bait'....
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:17 AM
About half of my meets are for coffee, the others are for lunch and sometimes dinner. I always offer to pay for my portion of the bill. ALWAYS. Usually the guy makes a brief show of "I'M PAYING OF COURSE" I will then offer to leave the tip. Usually that's accepted.

I dated a man last year, he paid, then I paid, then I paid for symphony concert tickets, then he paid for a nice dinner. Then we went to an inexpensive place for dinner and he complained to me that I should have paid the whole bill after he suggested we split the bill because on that occasion he picked me up and took me to get my car at a repair shop, not a long drive. WTH?
Another peach of a guy complained I always wanted to leave a bigger tip than he thought was appropriate. Cheap creep.

So I am tired of men bashing women as if all women expect all men to pay. It's a bore and a major turnoff. If you've been burnt, it's too bad, so sad. But it doesn't mean your concerns fall on deaf ears. It does apparently mean you will continue to gripe and ignore women like me as if I'm invisible.
 Dee4166
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 3/27/2015 4:25:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

A-men, Strawberry....well said!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date