Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CTRLvector
Msg: 26
Paying for a datePage 2 of 66    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Has anyone ever said that you look like Dr Drew?

Edit:

Also did Markus used to live in FL?

Somebody who wrote code for this website lived next to me in Florida. That's how I found out about it lol
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 27
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 5:40:40 PM

For all those that just hate this thread, DON'T post on it. Pretty simple stuff

Excellent idea. We all have choices to make.

Markus is the one still in charge here at POF.
Tall, KJ521, and I have all been enthusiastic Forum posters.
I can assure you none of us are in charge.

That's one thing I know. I've had enough deleted profiles and accounts. POF bootcamp for two years+. Just here to learn.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 28
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:21:13 PM
I don't mind paying for a romantic dinner for 2, but if she all of a sudden decides..Hey!! I'm gonna supersize my fries, or get the 10 nugget meal instead of 6, that's where I have to draw the line. The nerve of some wimmen
 ozsealady1
Msg: 29
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:22:15 PM
Ask me out on a date Kewl and we can find out.
Bother about the geography.

Do have a date with a more local man tonight.
And my intention is we will go 50:50.
I think this is date # 6 with him.
He is very charming and I am looking forward to a fabulous dinner with delightful company, overlooking Sydney Harbour as the sun sets.

Does it get any better?
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 30
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:23:20 PM

Does it get any better?

Yes. It you were Stateside it would. ;o)
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 31
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:02:01 PM

One would think it is pretty simple stuff, but apparently it isn't.
 gtomustang
Msg: 32
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:04:55 PM
Goodness, I thought the golden rule was, the fellow pays, b/c that way he can't afford to date more than one woman. Like, birth control via his wallet. since all men cheat.

As for the ref to OKD's post in the Sex Forum about digital sex, I suppose if one kept their money in the "prison bank", perhaps one would have to reach back there....

hopefully, this will be a post that will take off. After those reading it have had some beers. how bad could it get?
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 33
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:12:57 PM

Goodness, I thought the golden rule was, the fellow pays, b/c that way he can't afford to date more than one woman. Like, birth control via his wallet. since all men cheat.

Listen to this man.

hopefully, this will be a post that will take off. After those reading it have had some beers. how bad could it get?

I'm drinking cheap Cab. Does it make a difference? You always make a lot of sense to me.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 34
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:19:47 PM

Listen to this man.

For someone who begged for this post to go away, you've made an extraordinarily large contribution to it. In fact, you've got the most posts of anyone in it so far. ;o)

I used to always set up a dinner on the first date. And I always paid. And only once did the woman feebly attempt to offer to kick in some money. So now, first dates are always coffee. I coulda bought a lifetime membership to Match with all the money I spent.
 gtomustang
Msg: 35
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:27:43 PM
thank you for the compliment, curious. Keep drinking the cheap stuff, I'll keep making sense :) lol
 south_city
Msg: 36
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:41:53 PM
One of the following methods is a good way to determine who should pay.
Rock, paper, scissors.
Coin toss.
Drawing names from a hat.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 37
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:49:45 PM

Whoever puts the finger up the ass shouldn't have to pay.
I thought that was after the date. But now that I think about it, it does make more sense to put the finger *before* dinner...
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 38
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:25:26 PM
If I ask I'm paying.

If she ask's I probably still pay because I would'nt accept the offer unless I felt there might be the possibility of chemistry between us. (i.e. an attraction). I'm not talking 5 star on a first date but we're sure as hell are'nt ordering off the dollar menu at MickyD's. Steakhouse, Redlobster etc.
 DietFree
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:52:11 PM

Words of wisdom, even if it is off-topic.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 40
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 8:54:38 PM
I'll pay............................... for more performance upgrades for my car; more potential for actual pleasure that way.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:28:26 PM
I'm convinced that paying for dates really makes no difference. It doesn't matter if your spending little on a coffee date or lots at an upscale diner. I've learned through experience that if you go on a date and a woman gets upset of going dutch, then she's not the woman for me, as I want a woman who likes me more than the money I can save her. If money concerns her that much, then imo, her heart's not in the right place.
 lifeisgrand5
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:37:06 PM
Last month I had a school teacher show up for a coffee date at Starbucks with an empty paper Starbucks cup so that he would not have to pay for a cup of coffee.

Christmas eve I had a guy pull the I forgot my wallet scam at Apple Bees.

In the last three years I have not dated much. If a man is cheap he won't be easy to get along with in a relationship,

I could care less about dinner. If a man does not want to pay for dinner, it is simple, he should not ask a lady to go to dinner.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/15/2015 11:29:58 PM
I could care less about dinner. If a man does not want to pay for dinner, it is simple, he should not ask a lady to go to dinner.

You know, it's that attitude of entitlement that's grossly complicated the whole dating concept. And ultimately spoiled dating in general. I don't see why the concept of "The man should always pay" so to speak ever materialized. Where do so many women get off thinking that their special over men and worthy of special treatment from men?
 petula1908
Msg: 44
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:51:46 AM
For a first meet I would expect to go dutch. Which is why I would suggest just a coffee and for half an hour.

For an actual date that ensues that the guy has suggested, I would expect him to pay. I can reciprocate in some way later on if the connection continues. If a guy suggests "dutch" on the first official date, I think he would be gone. I cant stand tightasses who are calculating whether I am worth the outlay and whether he will get something back.

And yes some women feel entitled to be bought a meal for with a stranger they are meeting for the first time and no, I agree it is not fair. We want equal rights so it has to work all ways. Many women are making more money than the guy and to expect him to pay automatically???? Not on. If the guy insists, that is fine. There are ways to reciprocate at another time.
 petula1908
Msg: 45
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:55:29 AM
ozsealady

Date 6?? Has he been friendzoned if you are willing to go 50/50??. Wouldnt do it myself. I would reciprocate in some other manner at another time,. but splitting the bill?? I dont know a gentleman who would allow it.
 petula1908
Msg: 46
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:58:32 AM
onekewldood

That is right. You have at last woken up. How often have I heard men ****in and moanin because they forked out for a good dinner and got nowhere. The gal disappeared or he wished or she wished that they were not stuck, even for an hour, having a meal.

lifeisgrand5
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 2:51:34 AM
When I say I could care less about dinner I mean it. I have no sense of entitlement. If I ask someone out for dinner I will gladly pay for dinner. I am not looking for any man to buy me food. I have totally supported myself for many years.

Honesty is the best policy. If a man wants a woman to pay for dinner he should ask her will you pay to take me to dinner. I don't know how dating got so complicated. If two people are honest with one another things are easy and uncomplicated.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 48
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 4:32:29 AM

There is no consensus.

Anyone saying/implying/suggesting otherwise is in my opinion trying to force themselves in by back door (no pun intended) and very often it’s a feeble attempt to push their own agender (pun intended).

I'm not asking one person to give me the world's view, I'm asking each person top give their own view. At the end, *I* will decide if there's any general concensus.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 49
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 4:34:48 AM
I think the consensus is that we're tired of flogging the proverbial old , tattered rug, dude.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 50
Paying for a date
Posted: 1/16/2015 5:48:40 AM
Given that many men here beak about how paying for a coffee is akin to breaking the bank at Monte Carlo we should stop saying go dutch, say go POF instead
Damn straight he should pay.. for the pleasure of my company I should get a gift too :)
Ah now the OP is using the I.
Who invites pays, simple concept. Male or female.
Refreshing to see a new topic started
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date