Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tgif111
Msg: 626
Paying for a datePage 26 of 73    (12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52)
bamagrl
""tgif111- Look, you are grown, so is she, if you two go out again, MAYBE it will work out, maybe it won't.""

what's there to work out? i'm a serial dater and I move from one woman to the next.

""Just don't expect a lot of sympathy of things don't go well.""

ok, i'll just move on to the next woman.

""A dine and dash is theft of services, just saying, Ok?""

i'm sure it is. but I've never eaten and left a restaurant without paying.

from strawberry jello:
""You're wrong because you don't get to set all the rules for everyone.

correct jello.
I set the rules for my own dates.

""You shouldn't scold a woman when she doesn't automatically know the rules you have in your own head. ""

correct again.
in the future I will MAN-SPLAIN the rules to all the women I date.
if they don't like it that is their prerogative. then i'll move on to the next woman.

""She took your unwarranted scolding well.""

there was no scolding. I tactfully told her about the error she made in assuming a man pays for her $35 plus tip drinks and dinner on a meet and greet when the man has two beers and pays for them himself.

""You should Start acting nicer.""

i'm sooo sweet you could dip my tongue in your milk and cereal and you'd never need sugar. i'm so sweet that many women report they get diabetes when I kiss them.

from Ouija:
""If you hadn't been moving I wager you would have paid""

you would have lost that bet.

""I would have paid. I have friends in the industry, would not stiff a server.""

if you were on a meet and greet date with me I assure you that you would have paid.
i'd never stiff a waiter either.

Ouija2025
Msg: 627
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 7:10:19 AM
If you hadn't been moving I wager you would have paid. Embarassing to not be able to go into a restaurant.
I would have paid. I have friends in the industry, would not stiff a server.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 628
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 7:11:27 AM
I think the gal involved was a serial dater as well, IMHO.

So what? To each their own.

I'm still waiting to hear this gal's definition of a Real Date...
 tgif111
Msg: 629
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 7:36:54 AM
Ouija, I hope you've learned something from my reply to your absurd comments above about dating etiquette.

Clooney,
our first real date will be to the Butler Museum of American Art in downtown Dullsville, er uh I mean Youngstown.
it's one of the few gems in this area and I have an embarrassing memory of meeting Caroline Kennedy there and mispronouncing her first name when I shook her hand. she brought personal memorabilia from her father's collection to be displayed there.

I said, 'Hello Caro-LYNN and welcome to Youngstown ."

it's Caro-LINE.

oopsy!
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 630
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 7:39:07 AM
"I told her I would pay for our next couple of dates and see if we had the same connection we had the first time and go from there..." Tom

To me, that would have cooked the fun right out of dating you...kind of a pre-pre-nup conversation. A little too clinical for me, but to each his own.
I find any talk of who pays quite embarrassing, and a bit undignified. We don't seem to be minimum wage survivors here, scratching to make ends meet.
So I always, ALWAYS pay for my own lunch, dinner, drinks, maybe not coffee...on a first meet. After that, I will treat every other time we go out.
One very classy man I met recently insisted paying for dinner, and when I said we should go dutch, he said "It's just dinner".
 clooneystutor
Msg: 631
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 7:42:22 AM
How much is the admission to the museum?
 tgif111
Msg: 632
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 7:53:18 AM
the admission to the Museum is ZERO. it's free. there's not much happening here and i'm lucky to find anything for us to do beyond bowling. even the roller skating rinks are closed. too early in getting acquainted to take her to a movie.

the dinner I take her to afterwards may run $40 depending on how much Absolut she chokes down.
 Grl_next_door
Msg: 633
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 8:21:15 AM
I kind of feel like I have a front row seat to the realities of OLD in this thread. And she's a willing victim, going into it knowing it's not the complexities of her educated brain you want to explore.

You are a likeable dude, Tom, thanks for sharing your unfiltered stream of consciousness. :)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 634
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 9:12:36 AM
Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Which victim will be victorious? chuckling.

Ya never know, she might end up going with Tom to Florida and he'll cancel his future climb with Kathleen.

Tom, I hope Kathleen isn't isn't holding her breath waiting for you...
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 635
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 9:43:06 AM
My question is since you went back and offered to pay, they declined
saying she was a regular and they would take it up with her, then you talk with her and she tells you she said thank you for the meal (which you didn't hear) so has she accepted responsibility for the bill or are you going to go back and pay it now or let her walk in and get hit with the bill thinking you took care of it?

I may have missed the answer in a previous post
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 636
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 10:45:01 AM

I'm still waiting to hear this gal's definition of a Real Date...

Communication is imperative here. When the server asks if you'd like dessert, ask her if she's going to put out before answering.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 637
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 11:55:48 AM

I am lucky to never had the misfortune of encountering a guy that would take a lady to dinner and actually expect something sexual in return

Oh, the irony here!

See, if a woman invites me to dinner?

I have no problem meeting or exceeding her expectations afterwards.

Not fair:(
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 638
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 1:26:04 PM

My caliber of a man is a gentleman that pays when he invites a lady to dinner and does not have any expectations except for good company and possibly another date.

Well see….some guys on here say, “You expect dinner, after I invited you! Why shouldn’t I expect sex??? HUH???”

You can’t beat sense into a man who wants cheap, should ask for cheap, then he’ll get just what he wants. Not the least bit interested in a man who invites a woman to dinner, expects her to pay, and hell…may as well throw in a parking lot blowjob while you’re at it.

I am so glad to have never met a creep like that in real life. :)
 tgif111
Msg: 639
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 2:08:39 PM
Clooney:
""Tom, I hope Kathleen isn't isn't holding her breath waiting for you...""

I just spoke to Kathleen today. she has a new pic upshowing her hike to Mt Sauer, a 3 miler but very steep. she looks great.

crook catcher:
""so has she accepted responsibility for the bill""

yes she has taken responsibility for her $35 bill and she told me she would go back to the restaurant and pay.
I told her i'd pay for the next date and dinner which will be Monday.

from girlnextdoor:
""WOW- I am lucky to never had the misfortune of encountering a guy that would take a lady to dinner and actually expect something sexual in return.""

I understand that there are quite a few guys out who are nutty enough to think this is acceptable. personally I do not understand that train of thought.

girlnext door:
""My caliber of a man is a gentleman that pays when he invites a lady to dinner and does not have any expectations except for good company and possibly another date.""

so when you ask a man out to dinner it's expected that you will pay, correct?

sunshine girl:
""Not the least bit interested in a man who invites a woman to dinner, expects her to pay, and hell…may as well throw in a parking lot blowjob while you’re at it.""

where ARE these women???
do they exist?
are they on POF?
Clooney, CrookCatcher, Norwegian Guy and I want to know!!!
 Dee4166
Msg: 640
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 2:50:19 PM

where ARE these women???
do they exist?
are they on POF?
Clooney, CrookCatcher, Norwegian Guy and I want to know!!!

Come now Tom...myself as well as a NUMBER of women are usually piping up on these threads talking about this whole 'who pays' issue...and are ALWAYS saying the same thing....
That we ALWAYS offer to pay at least our share, or the tip or if WE are doing the inviting then WE pick up the bill in it's entirety....

While everyone here seems to have differing opinions on the subject, I still think that it was pretty disingenuous for this woman to assume that you would be picking up her dinner tab....For all of the reasons mentioned...You invited her for a drink, you were at the bar, she never clarified, and neither did you, that she was responsible for her own drinks/meal, etc.

The reality for me is that it was HER responsibility to pay for her own meal...no question, and that is what I would have done myself in that situation, it would NEVER have occurred to me to try and get my date to pay for a meal in that situation, the assumption would have been that I was paying myself...as I was invited for DRINKS on a meet and greet and NOT out for dinner on a proper date....

As men would like for women to deal with them on an individual basis, women, too, are looking for the same thing.....

Nothing more, nothing less....
 tgif111
Msg: 641
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 3:08:16 PM
Dee:
"""Come now Tom...myself as well as a NUMBER of women are usually piping up on these threads talking about this whole 'who pays' issue...and are ALWAYS saying the same thing....
That we ALWAYS offer to pay at least our share, or the tip or if WE are doing the inviting then WE pick up the bill in it's entirety...."""

ummm Dee?
remember what sunshine girl said?

Not the least bit interested in a man who invites a woman to dinner, expects her to pay, and hell…may as well throw in a parking lot blowjob while you’re at it.""

I was asking about the women who pay and then take care of you in the parking lot!!
 Dee4166
Msg: 642
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 3:13:42 PM
ummmm yeah Tom.....

Well if a hooker is what you're looking for then at least you're CLEAR as to who PAYS for WHAT....LOL

But no, don't think they're going to be paying for THEIR own meal either, should one be eaten that is....

As for ANY woman paying and then blowing you in the parking lot afterwards...well, if you DO find one, then I suggest that you hang onto her for dear LIFE!!!!
LMAO
 clooneystutor
Msg: 643
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 3:35:25 PM
Tom,

My inbox is full of interest.

No invites unfortunately.
 tgif111
Msg: 644
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 4:18:26 PM
I keep waiting too Clooney.

come on parking lot food payers!

like Dee says, i'll hang onto you and never let you go.

wait. I just thought of something.

if you did that for me then you did it for other men BEFORE me.

maybe a whole lot of men! YIKES!!

maybe i'll just stick with the chicks that assume i'll pay for their dinners on meet and greets.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 645
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 5:10:23 PM

Oh, the irony here!

You okay, my friend? Do you need to talk about it? Let me buy you dinner ;)
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 646
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 5:33:15 PM
LOL, like your sense of humor.

How much is the admission to the museum?

Yeah, life's not fair is it? I'm still looking for someone who can meet my expectations, I'll cook a meal for that guy.

Oh, the irony here!

Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 5:38:03 PM
Yeah, that should increase your dating prospects.

in the future I will MAN-SPLAIN the rules to all the women I date.
if they don't like it that is their prerogative. then i'll move on to the next woman.

Oh, your tongue won't ever get close enough to my milk for a dip.

i'm sooo sweet you could dip my tongue in your milk and cereal and you'd never need sugar.

Hack, cough, blech...

i'm so sweet that many women report they get diabetes when I kiss them.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 648
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 6:13:42 PM
Whatsamatta...

Darling, I'm high maintenance.

If I fly to Kamloops, I expect the best in fine dining.

Please make a reservation at the Terra Restaurant for Friday evening.

We'll have tuna tartare and bison carpaccio for starters.

Bottle of white wine. Pino Grigio please.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 649
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 6:13:44 PM
Fear not ladies....on a first date if I were to ask you out, by gawd I'm paying. You can offer to split it, pay the tip whatever but it ain't happening.
I value MY standards. Also I would think my picker was non existent if I thought you felt sex was a requirement for me paying for the date.

I only ask someone if they interest me in some way and hopefully it leads to a exclusive relationship, if not then no harm no foul.

I have to say the guy that would expect that is seriously flawed and is probably better served with the bar scene hook ups than actually "dating" just for sex.

I don't think being a serial dater such as Tom would work for me as I have to have something that attracts me to them. But that's just me and obviously it works for him. YMMV
 slowitalldown
Msg: 650
Paying for a date
Posted: 4/1/2015 6:13:48 PM
[quote wait. I just thought of something.
if you did that for me then you did it for other men BEFORE me.
maybe a whole lot of men! YIKES!!
maybe i'll just stick with the chicks that assume i'll pay for their dinners on meet and greets.

Disappointed in you tgif. Where did that double standard come from all of a sudden? You think the other women you've been scoring with haven't had any partners before you? Are you so pristine? Doesn't sound like it from the way you write.

What's with the slut shaming?

SMH
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date