Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 1151
view profile
History
IF U WANT A BARGAIN GO TO 14TH STREETPage 47 of 74    (34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74)

I can't preach equality if I don't live it.

This kind of common sense and logic is only going to result in less "testing" and less game-playing.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 1152
IF U WANT A BARGAIN GO TO 14TH STREET
Posted: 5/23/2018 7:23:55 PM

Holy Smokes Ladies - not sure I want to jump in the middle of this or not!!

Personally, I always feel inclined to offer to pay my half of the dinner bill on a first meet...
because I don't really consider it a "date"...
If he asks me to see me again...then yes, I expect him to pay.
If I ask him....then I expect to pay for both our dinners.

For me, as a woman, I can't preach equality if I don't live it.

I don’t think any man has a problem with taking turns paying. The women here saying that who would even think of reaching for their wallet don’t want equality - they seem to think the vagina is worth more than the penis. I hope these women don’t think their own sons are worth less than their daughters. If they do, they should get some psychological counseling.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1153
view profile
History
This ain't the dollar store
Posted: 5/23/2018 7:58:19 PM
Kiss, when you ask a woman out to dinner, you're not paying because she can't afford food, it's because you invited her out to a place where a cost is involved. I guess you would rather ask a woman out and say, "I'd like to take you out to dinner, but I have to ask you first if you can afford it". Do you understand partly why you're dateless? You really need a different job that pays you a salary that allows you to date and have fun in life.

This is not a dress rehearsal for life; this is life. It's passing you by. When you're old, what will you have to look back on? When you're 90, do you think you'll reflect upon your life and say to yourself, I had a good life?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 1154
Posted: 5/23/2018 8:31:58 PM
^^^ My coworkers still date. I have a job that has benefits. We’re still well-off enough that we could pay for a meal out. Like I’ve said before, for every low income man there should be a woman in the same situation. Surveys have shown there are women who insist on splitting the bill. You’re trying to force your idea of what romance is onto me. To me going Dutch is romantic. It’s like telling a gay guy that he has to find women attractive - you can’t. When I’m 90 I’d like to think that I used my life to help other people, not spending a fortune on dates.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 1155
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 8:58:43 PM
^^^

To me going Dutch is romantic.

Should work well with all those women who think cheap is romantic.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 9:39:31 PM
You mentioned there are other things to do besides expensive dinners, and I agree, but even for yourself, don't you want more out of life, going places, trying new things, traveling? I don't really believe in wasting money for the sake of needing something to do. It should be something 2 people really enjoy doing.

I'm not trying to force anything on you. I'm merely expressing what you can do to be more successful or you can stand with the other dateless men, while you hold onto your.......convictions. That's certainly your choice. A gal that's low on the bucks is not going to be able to afford going halfsies on dates.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 1157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 10:38:20 PM

Those disingenuous men, the molesters, the rapists, the pervs, the whole gamut do ruin it for a nice man who wants a real relationship.

So are these the men who are wanting dutch or paying in full?
I’m confused with where that went.
You gals sure are a catty bunch.
Some of us pay our own and some of us allow the man to. What’s the big fvckin deal?
We’re all women, we’re all amazing. No need to stick it to each other.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1158
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 4:32:17 AM

A gal that's low on the bucks is not going to be able to afford going halfsies on dates.

Wait.......so it's OK for a woman to be so broke she can't pay for her own dinner - and therefore expect a man to pay her way??
You can't sit here and preach how men should be financially stable enough to buy dinner for every woman he takes on a date....and then say it is alright for a woman to be "low on bucks"...
Hypocrisy at it's finest!!
 reverendswine
Msg: 1159
Posted: 5/24/2018 4:50:29 AM

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

Indeed. The forums are an unflushed toilet bowl of hypocrisy.

I am well aware 8 paragraph verbal diarrhea posts are all the rage here, but I'm going to make this really fúcking simple for the men.

- Become your best self.

- Choose women who have their own money, don't care about yours, and live
in the present day. (they do exist)

- Make your honest intentions known from the start, whatever they may be.

Stray from any of this, and you will richly deserve the shitstorm your life will become.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1160
DITTO FOR THE WOMEN!
Posted: 5/24/2018 5:48:23 AM

Indeed. The forums are an unflushed toilet bowl of hypocrisy.

I am well aware 8 paragraph verbal diarrhea posts are all the rage here, but I'm going to make this really fúcking simple for the men.

- Become your best self.

- Choose women who have their own money, don't care about yours, and live

- Make your honest intentions known from the start, whatever they may be.

Stray from any of this, and you will richly deserve the shitstorm your life will become

ditto 4 women

as an older woman I'd add 1 more thing:

live in the present day- AND make sure you & the people around you are somewhat prepared for the future
 Whisky_River
Msg: 1161
DITTO FOR THE WOMEN!
Posted: 5/24/2018 6:23:45 AM

Choose women who have their own money, don't care about yours, and live

They certainly do exist....Most men are aware of the gold diggers...

No need to stick it to each other.

I'll apologize to those who matter and not involved.
It just infuriates me for some to come on here and want to denigrate another..because not all women look for money.
Then claim that any woman who pays her way is ...less than her.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1162
view profile
History
DITTO FOR THE WOMEN!
Posted: 5/24/2018 6:50:21 AM
"Somewhat Prepared" ?
Geez, that sounds like one of the "Haves" making sure they discriminate against the "Have Nots" to protect their own skin and kin.
I believe that people who believe it's their mission to prepare others for the 'future' or 'danger' end up kind of blind to the transfer of their own biases when doing so. Avoiding prejudice and sticking to the subject matter is what real teachers are trained to do.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1163
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 7:21:27 AM

I'm not trying to force anything on you. I'm merely expressing what you can do to be more successful or you can stand with the other dateless men, while you hold onto your.......convictions. That's certainly your choice. A gal that's low on the bucks is not going to be able to afford going halfsies on dates.

This right here.
So, a gal that's low on bucks can still go on dates even though she can't afford to go halfsies,
but a guy that's low on bucks and can afford to go on dates if the woman does go halfsies, should
in fact stay home, not date until he can afford it, otherwise he's a cheapskate?

I call bullshit.
 reverendswine
Msg: 1164
Posted: 5/24/2018 7:56:40 AM

So, a gal that's low on bucks can still go on dates even though she can't afford to go halfsies

Yes, because she's a little princess. Mommy, Daddy, and Disney told her so.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1165
view profile
History
Seperate but equal dating rules for EVERYONE
Posted: 5/24/2018 10:42:50 AM

Like I’ve said before, for every low income man there should be a woman in the same situation.

So... Jim Crow laws still apply to dating then?

That's the real spin on this whole idea of who pays - people believe they live at a 'level' that makes them above/immune to other types of dating relationships, and then get upset when they come into a universal site like POF that allows anyone with an e-mail to try their luck.

All this stuff about racial equality - the 'Me Too' movement - the endless gripes about political jackazzery - for some reason people can't stop a look at their own bias when it comes to dating and romantic relationships and see the EXACT same kind of prejudicial bullsh1t going on. Love is blind to a lot of this crap, but we certainly are not.

If you don't like getting endlessly harassed by men in the street - move out of the freaking city. It's not going to stop, but I guarantee there's a heckuva lot fewer people doing it. It's simple math.

If you keep getting seduced and wooed by a bullsh1tter - then do a side-by-side comparison of each person, and realize the truth is that YOU fell for their same line of BS, again and again. That bias you keep on a pedestal of what you think is 'perfect' is the EXACT reason why these same types keep coming out of the woodwork. If that shed of treasured memories in the backyard keeps yielding termites, there's going to be a time when you realize the only way that stops is if YOU burn it down, and start over. Maybe start by planning and paying for a first date instead of expecting a first move from them all the time, every time.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1166
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 11:36:02 AM

So, a gal that's low on bucks can still go on dates even though she can't afford to go halfsies,
but a guy that's low on bucks and can afford to go on dates if the woman does go halfsies, should
in fact stay home, not date until he can afford it, otherwise he's a cheapskate?

When my daughters were in their teens, I wouldn't allow them to go on dates with new guys unless they had at least $100 in their wallets. I gave them the money because I cared about their safety. Nowadays, I think women should carry at least double that amount on a date.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1167
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 1:19:26 PM
I think this is an endless topic with many opinions. Each person's opinion can be right for them but it's not for everyone else.
 Inicia
Msg: 1168
Posted: 5/24/2018 1:23:01 PM
Priorities and desires dreams goals are limited by funds- that is a reality- even with family who would gladly foot my bill i prefer and feel great when it is something in my financial capabilities-if that means i am house sitting and taking care of pets so another family member can enjoy the outing with confidence and security of the care of their home pets children etc-that is a blessing and contribution i would choose over a fantasy trip that was not even on my radar...I can always afford my peace of mind- it is a cheap sell..lol it is at the free store-screw the $ store
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1169
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:24:50 PM

I think this is an endless topic with many opinions.

LOL, Endless, When you are bored and have absolutely nothin' better to do,
go back to page 1 of THIS thread. Jan 2015. I found it rather funny!
 Inicia
Msg: 1170
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:30:02 PM
endless is any forum (usually philosophy and science was the religious forum in past)discussing the ever elusive existence of "g_D.. hundreds of pages- this is nothing...lol great fodder though
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1171
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 3:26:42 PM

LOL, Endless

LOL, For the sake of clarity I'll rephrase, my post from above.
To: Endless Summer Nights, …………………………………….
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 3:42:26 PM
/\/\/\/\ Lol!!!! I read your original reply twice and took it both ways :)
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 1173
Posted: 5/24/2018 4:27:28 PM
Any topic that has something to do with money or sex is controversial.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1174
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 4:34:42 PM
Pfffft....any topic period can turn controversial in these forums!!
I've seen some serious insults even in the cooking threads!!
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2018 5:04:32 PM

Pfffft....any topic period can turn controversial in these forums!!
I've seen some serious insults even in the cooking threads!!

I have a lot of interests so I'm on a bunch of forums for them. This is the only one where I see people insult each other if they don't agree.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date