Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 1176
view profile
History
This ain't the dollar storePage 48 of 73    (33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73)
I am in an arts and crafts forum....those people are vicious!!
I feel the same about them as I do about some here....they need laid!!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1177
view profile
History
This ain't the dollar store
Posted: 5/24/2018 5:42:25 PM
It's so amazing how shit like this just goes on and on. Mother ****ing retards. Eewww.
 Inicia
Msg: 1178
Posted: 5/24/2018 8:34:49 PM
^ F*cking Retard joins his comrades to spew his shit -ohhh the joy
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1179
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 2:11:06 AM
If you're being asked out, you don't need money for the date. I've seen men say for when they went thru a period of having no money, they didn't want to date. Is it possible for men to date when they have no money, sure, but not everyone wants to.

Everyone has options. If a guy with money doesn't want to date a woman without cash to spend, he certainly doesn't have to. I've seen plenty of men looking for women with money because they're poor or because they want someone of the same financial standing as them. Money attracts money.

flowersinthelake
Msg: 1180
view profile
History
Cheapskates want it all: your rights, your meals and towels, too!
Posted: 5/25/2018 5:24:43 AM

Cooking a nice dinner for my boyfriend often times costs just as much as paying for one in restaurant.

Yes. The home-cooked meals, with ambient lighting and music, fine dishes nicely set, a great bottle of wine, a clean and comfortable home that is inviting YOU bear the expense of paying and maintaining, I'm certain, are appreciated by your boyfriend. (He probably thinks that what you do for him is more than what he does for you.)

If somebody expects you to pay your fair share, make sure you draw up the invoice for the expense you incurred for that elegent home-cooked meal and ambience you paid four. What's far is fair, right?

In the name of Feminism, some women mistakenly believe they're being the great equalizer in the relationship -- paying for their fair share on a first date, as an example -- is showing their dates that they won't expect much from a prospective partner.

What they often fail to realize that these particular men DGAF about their position or perspective about their own equality, their successes and jobs (unless they have something to gain from it) and often enough, these dates they think they're in an "equal setting" with peoplw who vote against their best interests...in the name of equality.

Cheapskates bank on women cheapening themselves on another level, to score savings on other dates they prefer more; an effort-free arrangement of sexual and financial convenience (including usurping space in their homes and stealing their things) that only serves to benefit. How is that equalizing?

The "equal rights" rants made in the defense of "going-dutch" is just a defensive manuever developed out of being rejected by some azzhole who's only thinking about his d1ck and what he can get for it. The women who know their worth are often blamed for societal's inequality, when it's the alleged feminist finger-pointers who have done more to demean women's intellectual,bodily, social, and financial autonomy by enabling shittty behavior.

Smart women march, smarter women know their value while marching.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 1181
view profile
History
Relating to somebody comes down to how much you're NOT willing to pay.
Posted: 5/25/2018 5:33:14 AM

Everyone has options. If a guy with money doesn't want to date a woman without cash to spend, he certainly doesn't have to. I've seen plenty of men looking for women with money because they're poor or because they want someone of the same financial standing as them. Money attracts money.

What people fail to understand that this is a failure of BOTH people to engage eachother seriously. The sordid talk of money is just an execuse.
 Inicia
Msg: 1182
Relating to somebody comes down to how much you're NOT willing to pay.
Posted: 5/25/2018 7:24:31 AM
^^ Amen^^
permanecer
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1183
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 10:52:56 AM

If you're being asked out, you don't need money for the date.

Is this a rule? Huh.
So, I guess if women don't want to pay for anything, they just wait until some guy asks - then the ENTIRE obligation is on his shoulders - good, bad, or otherwise.
Sorry - that rule cheapens women. Big time. It's puts a price tag on their heads. Real life is not a row of Disney suitors trying to impress the Princess. Shallow guys who can foot the bill feel empowered to get everything they want for that price.

Is it possible for men to date when they have no money, sure, but not everyone wants to.

Well, if women don't have the guts to do the invite and get the whole burden dumped on them, I can see why it might be hard. See rule #1.

I've seen plenty of men looking for women with money because they're poor or because they want someone of the same financial standing as them. Money attracts money.
No, it doesn't. INSECURITY attracts money. The more people have, the more paranoid they get of losing it. People afraid to 'lose' more than anything else. A lot of totally broke people have an extraordinary amount of confidence, because they have nothing TO lose. What is so stupid is that people FALL for that appearance; because they assume from only a couple of clues that the person is SOOOO successful they can afford to be confident. They have no idea what someone on equal footing looks like - because they have been searching for excess - someone who has more - for so damn long.

Everyone that feels a need to protect what they got has already failed at dating - because they are putting their needs ahead of the relationship. There is always some risk involved, and everyone has to concede their fantasy if they want something real. For many, that is too high of a price.
 2ufo
Msg: 1184
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 11:11:00 AM
^^^
Good gosh!
No wonder I don't talk money with people.
I can't stand people being jealous of me because I have more.
I can't stand people being disdainful of me because I have less.

If I invite someone out and don't make any specifications, then I'm paying.
If someone invited me out, I'd expect them to pay (but have money just in case).

There are different rules (i.e. customary expectations, NOT codes of regulation) for certain circumstances... like when you know someone is hurting for money, or you're inviting a group of people to a beachside condo you rented or it's an invite to a summer vacation in Iceland. But that requires discussion and knowing that you'd really want to be stuck on a 40-square mile island with them.

I would assume that in a date, people are trying to get to know each other.
Based on society as I know it, I would guess that the gentleman would pay if he invited.
But if he doesn't, I'm not going to stalk out of the place in a huff.

Unless he's a real jerk -- and then it's because he's a jerk. Which has very little relation to money.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1185
view profile
History
It may be a blind date, but we're not stupid
Posted: 5/25/2018 11:28:14 AM

There are different rules (i.e. customary expectations, NOT codes of regulation) for certain circumstances... like when you know someone is hurting for money, or you're inviting a group of people to a beach side condo you rented or it's an invite to a summer vacation in Iceland. But that requires discussion and knowing that you'd really want to be stuck on a 40-square mile island with them.

Iceland? Why does it have to be an 'exception' to talk about money only under extreme circumstances?!? Having a frank discussion about money CAN and SHOULD be done before even the simplest get-together. Why is that so incredibly difficult to cover that topic in a handful of text messages before deciding to meet the first time? I just loathe the idea that people are supposed to show up for what is essentially a blind date already 'knowing' what the other person expects. It's not spontaneous or exciting - it's stupid. Being 'mysterious' isn't very far removed from being dishonest. Avoiding conversations, not being fully honest - in lawyer speak, may not technically be 'lying' - but who is kidding who?

I would assume that in a date, people are trying to get to know each other.

Yes - but in the mean time - come prepared to pay the bill, or at least your share - to show that you are respectful enough to accept responsibility for at least part of the interaction.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1186
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2018 12:30:53 PM
When a guy says I'd like to take you to dinner, it means they're paying for it, all of it. When I've wanted someone to experience a restaurant I like, I say let's go and it's my treat. I don't accept money and I won't accept them paying the tip, because I said I'm taking them.

Flowers is right. Men that actually date, they understand this and they're successfully dating. Those that don't, they're really not interested in dating. Look at who is dating here and who isn't.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1187
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 12:37:51 PM

Flowers is right. Men that actually date, they understand this and they're successfully dating. Those that don't, they're really not interested in dating. Look at who is dating here and who isn't.

so true & some dried up old biddy called me a gold digger bec. I let my husband buy me lunch on Saturday.

I am starting to think that dateless women & men hate on those who have some fun in their lives- they don't have it so they rag on those who do

Off Topic, I am doing an "make believe Face Book Block" on posters that annoy me. No more engaging w/ nasty old biddies or pua wanna bees

"Know money, know women. No money, no women."

R Don Steele
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1188
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 1:02:23 PM
I think some women are trying to say the fact they have no problem
paying their way, has no bearing whatsoever on their self esteem, their
level of attractiveness, or whether or not they still like and enjoy sex.
All of this has been suggested in some of the posts.

I always offer to pay, because that's how I've always been.

Not sure why we can't do what works for us without being insulted
either way.

I'm a nasty old biddie, apparently, but you won't find me clutching
my pearls over it.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1189
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 1:13:16 PM

If you're being asked out, you don't need money for the date.

You can't predict the future. I heard a horror story from another woman about a man ditching her and leaving her stranded with no way to pay the bill or get a cab home. She went on a date with a man she met on another dating site. He seemed like the perfect gentleman at first. He told her dinner would be on him, and he even came to pick her up at her house. The restaurant was very expensive, and was 45 minutes away from where she lived.

While dining, they got into a heated discussion about politics, and found they were at odds. He began to get angry with her. She excused herself to go to the restroom, and when she returned, he was gone. She had no money to settle the bill or call a cab to get home. She had to call a male friend to come bail her out, and had to wait in the restaurant for well over an hour before he showed up.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1190
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 2:03:23 PM
Boo, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to pay if that's your desire, but everything is about perception, with men having a certain perception if you pay for yourself or them in beginning dates.

Whiterose, I do agree women need to carry money and/or credit cards for that reason. You never know if a date will go horribly wrong. I would say to never travel that far on a first date, but if you're prepared, you'll be okay. I've only met men in a predetermined place in my neighborhood.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1191
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 2:55:22 PM

Yes. The home-cooked meals, with ambient lighting and music, fine dishes nicely set, a great bottle of wine, a clean and comfortable home that is inviting YOU bear the expense of paying and maintaining.

I already bear the expense and maintenance of my home...whether a man comes over for dinner or not!!

If somebody expects you to pay your fair share, make sure you draw up the invoice for the expense you incurred for that elegent home-cooked meal and ambience you paid four.

WTH?? The ambiance I paid for?? Should I send him a bill for the couple candles I lit??

What's far is fair, right?.

Only if you are the type to "keep score" - I much prefer to not be in a "tick for tack" relationship...I don't do nice things for anyone because I expect repayment....

In the name of Feminism, some women mistakenly believe they're being the great equalizer in the relationship -- paying for their fair share on a first date, as an example -- is showing their dates that they won't expect much from a prospective partner.

Nope....it shows my date that any prospective partner will not be in my life just because I want someone to take care of me financially.

Cheapskates bank on women cheapening themselves on another level, to score savings on other dates they prefer more; an effort-free arrangement of sexual and financial convenience (including usurping space in their homes and stealing their things) that only serves to benefit. How is that equalizing?

Who the hell are you dating??? And why would any woman let a man only be around that only wants "Sexual and Financial Convenience"??? Maybe it's time women start looking more at themselves then all the men they like to put down....

The "equal rights" rants made in the defense of "going-dutch" is just a defensive manuever developed out of being rejected by some azzhole who's only thinking about his d1ck and what he can get for it. The women who know their worth are often blamed for societal's inequality, when it's the alleged feminist finger-pointers who have done more to demean women's intellectual,bodily, social, and financial autonomy by enabling shittty behavior.
Crawl back into your cave....and quite speaking for women you know nothing about!!

Boo, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to pay if that's your desire, but everything is about perception, with men having a certain perception if you pay for yourself or them in beginning dates. [\quote]
there it is again....alluding that men will think you are so desperate to get laid because you paid for your share of dinner....
He can think it.....YOU can think it.....doesn't make it true!!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1192
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 3:34:28 PM
Flowers is saying that men do get treated to things like dinner, which is much nicer and takes more effort at home than a guy paying for dinner.

Keeping my household doesn't include free dinners for all. When I cook for someone, it's special. You're an example of a woman under valuing herself if you think your cost and effort mean nothing.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1193
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 3:44:48 PM

Flowers is saying that men do get treated to things like dinner, which is much nicer and takes more effort at home than a guy paying for dinner.

Keeping my household doesn't include free dinners for all. When I cook for someone, it's special. You're an example of a woman under valuing herself if you think your cost and effort mean nothing.

HA! I am a woman with a damn good man in her life....I am a woman that asked that man out for the first date....I am a woman that values herself enough to know exactly what she wants in life....and gets it!! I am a woman that has paid for her half sometimes, paid for his sometimes, cook for him quite regularly...and gets treated with respect, compassion and passion....because I am a woman that knows when if give respect and compassion....I get it back twice fold!!

and yes, in my household, free dinners are always available for anybody that visits!! It's "who" I am...a great cook that likes to show off her culinary skills to her friends and family. My place is the "hangout"....because I have busted my azz to make it that way.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 1194
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 3:58:23 PM
^^^I fear its falling on deaf ears.
All this talk of knowing ones worth in relation to a mans money is what’s cheap.
your chap pays 100 squid for dinner, that’s what your worth tonight?
Bizarre.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1195
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 3:59:22 PM

Whisky_River
Msg: 1196
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:30:28 PM

^^^I fear its falling on deaf ears.
All this talk of knowing ones worth in relation to a mans money is what’s cheap.

Bingo!!
I guess, the desperate men have to date somebody....
 PieAlaMojo
Msg: 1197
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:33:34 PM
I don't know why anyone would want to date if they have to put up with this crap.
He pays/she pays/it gets split.
If you want to date each other, any scenario works.
I laugh and shake my head at how some in here make life as difficult as possible.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1198
view profile
History
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:34:18 PM
Not all men are going to have the same perception of women who offer to pay their share. Many men will insist on paying the entire bill, but still appreciate the woman for offering. This has been my experience with most men I've dated. It has influenced my decision to always offer to contribute to the bill.

It's true that a few men might get insulted and think a woman doesn't like them if she offers to pay. A few other men might think she's desperate for sex if she offers to pay. These are not men I'd want to date. Fortunately, I've found men with these attitudes to be in the minority.
 ChorusAurora
Msg: 1199
cheapskates get none
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:44:30 PM
If both parties are cool with a FWB thing, then going Dutch is no biggie--they both realize it is not a long term deal. If however, one is in courting mode, special treatment is what one does to win the heart of the beloved~
cheapskates gonna be cheap
Posted: 5/25/2018 4:47:03 PM
THE END

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date