Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1251
view profile
History
cheapskates gonna be cheapPage 51 of 73    (33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73)
Or you'd think he could use a sock, which can be reused. Maybe he doesn't have brown socks that would be more enticing ;)
 reverendswine
Msg: 1252
cheapskates gonna be cheap
Posted: 5/28/2018 12:08:52 PM

A guy like Reverend probably gets more dates than all of you men still living in the 1950’s, yet he doesn’t give a flying fvck about paying to impress women

The issue pretty much never even comes up. I don't do the typical "dinner and a movie" shit. Two weekends ago, I met up with a woman at a bar near my house. She got there before I did and ordered a Bloody Mary. When I arrived, I got a Coke. The End. Very simple.

Just before Thanksgiving last year, I went to a local show with another woman, and she went to the bathroom, then stopped at the bar to get a beer on the way back to our table. She brought back a Coke for me, knowing I didn't drink. I saw her again two months ago for another show and bought her a drink. I didn't do it because it was my "manly duty". I did it because she was cool to me.

I do not and will not deal with women who scream "equality" out of one side of their mouth and ''old fashioned" out the other. Pick a side of the fence and stay the **** on it. They can go make someone else's life a living hell with their hypocritical horseshit.

Furthermore, let me make it crystal clear - just because a concept is "old school" doesn't necessarily mean it's "good" school.

the only time we should pedestalize someone is....

Is never. There is nothing positive about it.
 cooldog65
Msg: 1253
view profile
History
cheapskates gonna be cheap
Posted: 5/28/2018 12:21:59 PM

^^^(ahem) clearly not a recycler (tut)
Is it too much to ask you think of the planet when you’re doing the deed :)

I do recycle and I think about the planet by not contributing to further overpopulating it. DNA gets flushed. Uh-oh...I may have made a few sewer babies.

Or you'd think he could use a sock, which can be reused. Maybe he doesn't have brown socks that would be more enticing ;)

I have plenty of black socks...
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1254
money is like oxygen, the more access you have, the less you worry about using it
Posted: 5/28/2018 1:10:09 PM

If you're going to expensive restaurants

that's what restaurant dot com coupons r for

If a guy here was getting "any", he'd be shouting it from the rooftops, and not be here b!tching about women.

exactly, LOL

Drinks was being facetious--- but I know for a fact some various forums men have messaged various forums women admitting to & asking for all kinds of salacious acts, etc.

Some of us women have "shared" the messages/pix ;0P

TRIPLE EWWWWWWW
 MsMicki
Msg: 1255
view profile
History
money is like oxygen, the more access you have, the less you worry about using it
Posted: 5/28/2018 1:48:27 PM

If a guy here was getting "any", he'd be shouting it from the rooftops, and not be here b!tching about women.

or maybe he is actually the gentleman that doesn't feel the need to boast about it in a forum...
you know....the kind of gentleman ya'll say you want in your lives....

I am getting a kick out the "men should act like old fashioned gentlemen - pay for my meal, pull my chair out, open my car door ....
and then spew such low class "whacking off comments" in the next breath!!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1256
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 2:08:38 PM
Like these guys have ever been in an expensive restaurant. Expensive to them is spending $20 on a date's dinner and not getting laid.

If I want to go someplace expensive, I take myself. I don't ask a guy to take me, like to Le Bernardin for their tasting menu that was $100+ a person 20 years ago, or Peter Lugar's steak house that I frequented, or Trader Vic's in The Plaza Hotel, back in the day. I've gone there several times, and took my family there, and my mom to their Oyster Bar. Took my ex to Trader Vic's on a trip to CA.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 1257
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 3:06:53 PM
On the topic of dinners out vs. home cooked meals... I made cod fillet, roasted potatoes and spinach for a home dinner date later tonight and all the ingredients, including salad, dessert etc. cost over $50...
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1258
Posted: 5/28/2018 4:27:12 PM

I am getting a kick out the "men should act like old fashioned gentlemen - pay for my meal, pull my chair out, open my car door ....

I am remarried, not here to date-the pay for my meal comment is not relevant, & as far as my comments, well men do masturbate, most a lot, so it's a matter of semantics.

The men who habitually whine about their lack of dating success must be getting some type of release & from the sounds of their whiny posts...

Glad you got a kick out of my post ;0P

*no spermatazoa was hurt in the making of this post*
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 1259
Posted: 5/28/2018 7:01:46 PM

I am remarried, not here to date-the pay for my meal comment is not relevant, & as far as my comments, well men do masturbate, most a lot, so it's a matter of semantics.

Women masturbate too. Why do you think so many women these days own a vibrator or a magic wand?

The men who habitually whine about their lack of dating success must be getting some type of release & from the sounds of their whiny posts...

I wouldn’t call saying that not all women expect to be paid for “whining.”

Saying women need to be bought with money reduces them to property and commodities. It is incredibly sexist. Guys, any time a woman demands that you pay for her tell her that you’re a feminist.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1260
view profile
History
You're gonna get friend zoned
Posted: 5/29/2018 1:02:36 AM
If you don't like the courting tradition, you can certainly choose not to date. If peacocks could talk, I'd bet my last dollar that none of them said to themselves, I don't think I'll put on my display of feathers to attract a mate.

https://youtu.be/1OOBni_GpZc
 Whisky_River
Msg: 1261
Posted: 5/29/2018 5:10:12 AM

spew such low class "whacking off comments" in the next breath

Yes...she seems to be obsessed with masturbation and body parts.
Definitely, an oxy moron from what she says she is...most men wouldn't be chasing that...in my world.

If peacocks could talk

Oh brother!
 MsMicki
Msg: 1262
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:20:28 AM

It is relevant in that it shows true colors....

and yes, men and women masturbate....even those that do date or are even married!!
But that was far from my point....
 whiterose0
Msg: 1263
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 10:37:03 AM

Some women only pretend to be "traditional" when they think it will save them money. The rest of the time, they're yammering about sex, masturbation, private parts, and anal bleaching. I actually had to look that one up - I had no idea what it was.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1264
Posted: 5/29/2018 10:44:08 AM

Like these guys have ever been in an expensive restaurant. Expensive to them is spending $20 on a date's dinner and not getting laid.

If I want to go someplace expensive, I take myself. I don't ask a guy to take me, like to Le Bernardin for their tasting menu that was $100+ a person 20 years ago, or Peter Lugar's steak house that I frequented, or Trader Vic's in The Plaza Hotel, back in the day. I've gone there several times, and took my family there, and my mom to their Oyster Bar. Took my ex to Trader Vic's on a trip to CA.

If you don't like the courting tradition, you can certainly choose not to date

If peacocks could talk, I'd bet my last dollar that none of them said to themselves, I don't think I'll put on my display of feathers to attract a mate.

Also any one can cook themselves a good meal of what they are craving, even a simple nice steak & salad is almost impossible to mess up.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 1265
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 11:02:28 AM

If peacocks could talk, I'd bet my last dollar that none of them said to themselves, I don't think I'll put on my display of feathers to attract a mate.

Actually, I like to think they would say, "I wish I was a higher level life form like a human, and then I could use the higher level brain I was given, to rise above primitive and Neanderthal instincts to connect with a mate."
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1266
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 11:48:20 AM
I thought insinuating only older women, or women not interested in sex,
or desperate women or women hoping to be friend zoned or left to be a
FWB would consider paying their share or offering their share and not
being pissed if her share was accepted was insulting.

Now we have talking peacocks who agree.
And we've reopened a bazzilion gold digger, who pays, dutch dates,
etc threads just to push the agenda through.

Ugly, ugly.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1267
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 12:14:26 PM

If you don't like the courting tradition, you can certainly choose not to date.

Who's tradition? WHAT tradition? Where is the rule book published? Is there a link that can be downloaded? Does it apply to everyone? I mean EVERY ONE?

In this modern world of equal rights for all colors, creeds, genders and relationship status - we are being constantly bombarded with ideas that we HAVE to be more open to other cultures, be unbiased and give opportunities to all based on talent and potential and basically anything that isn't the most superficial.

Yet in dating we are supposed to KNOW AND FOLLOW to the letter exactly what the OTHER person feels is most important. Anything less means what? We don't care?

Doesn't matter how much of a racist, classicist or selfish pig they may be. Doesn't matter if they themselves are putting up a very phony facade to hide a ton of flaws, or if we can clearly see the dents in their armor. Courting 'Tradition' apparently has no care for anyone else except themselves, what they see as 'right', and the worst of all - the absolutely vain assumption that what they think is right SHOULD be right for the rest of the world. Get over yourselves. Seriously. Being a decent partner is a two-way street. Always has been, always will be. That means SHARING ideas and cultures, LISTENING and LEARNING about the other person, and realizing that we certainly don't need to be the center of the universe to be wanted and needed by a single partner.

If I want to go someplace expensive, I take myself.

Well, that's one way of keeping the center of the universe intact.
 reverendswine
Msg: 1268
Posted: 5/29/2018 12:19:53 PM
Courting traditions...bahahahahaha. That's some funny shit. Fúck traditions.

You know, I haven't read one single compelling argument for why a woman is entitled to have a first date paid for. All we've seen so far is what basically amounts to ''because he's the man, and I'm the woman". That's just laughable and doesn't have a single leg to stand on in 2018. Got anything else?

More importantly, why in the holy hell are any of you concerned with whether or not these guys want to pay for a first date? Are you wanting to meet and date them? No??? Oh, wait. I know. You're just trying to help. Right.

Whether any of you want to admit it or not, Richie Cunningham has been dead in the dating world for a long time now. The fact there are women right here in the forums disagreeing with the old-fashioned/tradition garbage should reveal how times have changed. Newsflash - there are many more out there in the real world who disagree with it, as well.

But hey, by all means, you nostalgia warriors should continue ranting and raving under the delusion you'll bring Richie back from the dead.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1269
Posted: 5/29/2018 12:36:15 PM
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-love/a19910594/masturbation-study/

^^

Fúck traditions

I dunno I started a thread on it, but it may not last

2ufo
Msg: 1270
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 1:04:11 PM
Courting traditions....

If whatever you're doing works for you, then go for it.
If not, then change.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1271
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 1:48:43 PM

I dunno I started a thread on it, but it may not last

and what has that got to do with who pays for a date??
 feirene
Msg: 1272
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 1:49:18 PM
Rights and equality are about opportunities. They don't have set rules as such for either gender (and in fact try to break down gender roles because they are sexist). They do state that either gender has the right to choose for themselves what they want because they have to opportunity to.

So you know what isn't sexist?
Only the guy paying for his date, because both people decided they wanted that.
Only the lady paying for her date, because both people decided they wanted that.
Going dutch, because both people decided they wanted that.

I feel like a fb meme right now.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1273
Posted: 5/29/2018 1:55:28 PM

either gender has the right to choose for themselves what they want because they have to opportunity to.

So you know what isn't sexist?
Only the guy paying for his date, because both people decided they wanted that.
Only the lady paying for her date, because both people decided they wanted that.
Going dutch, because both people decided they wanted that.

right- and then accept responsibility for how it turns out, good or bad.

Accept responsibility if you are one of the "Walking Wanting Head"!
 whiterose0
Msg: 1274
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 4:53:15 PM
And accept responsibility if you are one of the "walking wanting to be fed".
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1275
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 5:28:49 PM
You have guys with no interests, that only want to get laid, so they do invites for dinner. That would then be their problem if they thought a financial investment in dinner would be a means to an end. No one is forcing men to take women out to dinner. If a guy is really interested in you, he would be happy to spend a few dollars on a date. Men that balk at doing so are the users. If they planned or hoped it would turn into a relationship, they're gonna want to do an activity with you, and not just dinner.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date