Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 1401
view profile
History
It's EconomicsPage 57 of 74    (34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74)

Decided i'm gonna skip the dating and just ask for money for sex instead.

That sounds like prostitution...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 1402
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:58:20 PM

Don't forget the obligated ambiance!!

How hard can this be?
Don’t worry I’ve got this covered.

low lights, Barry White playing
‘Why Sir, help yourself to Nibbles...he was my favourite hamster but it’s what he would have wanted’ (old joke)
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 1403
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:01:30 PM

why is it Ok (per some forum posters) for the man to get it all from a woman, but she must not expect a thing?

It's SEXIST IMO.

Nobody’s saying that. If a man splits the bill with a woman how is he getting it all? Would you want him to stick you with the whole bill?

Women are the prize. Men compete for the prize. It is what it is.

Yeah, because women never compete with each other. ROFL
 2ufo
Msg: 1404
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 3:41:11 PM
Women aren't the prize.
A women's ATTENTION is the prize.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1405
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 4:02:55 PM
and here I thought a relationship was the prize!!
Isn't that the goal of all this???
2 people both contributing to the outcome of a relationship....

if I am going to be an equal partner in the end....I want to be an equal partner from the beginning!!
 feirene
Msg: 1406
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 4:49:44 PM

That sounds like prostitution...

Wish i could do that smiley, it's really funny.

Don't forget the obligated ambiance!!

Can't the guy pay for that too?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1407
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:02:23 PM
^^^^Sure, why not? He could bring a scented candle, and a CD of music you like to do it to☺
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1408
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:02:25 PM

if I am going to be an equal partner in the end....I want to be an equal partner from the beginning!!

I like this! Perfect!!!
 feirene
Msg: 1409
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 5:07:28 PM

^^^^Sure, why not? He could bring a scented candle, and a CD of music you like to do it to☺

You know, that's one thing i get stuck on. Sexy music. Like just about everyone has music they'd do the deed to but i have no idea what would be sexy. Usually is Die Antwoord or something else i was already listening to. Many guys have commented on my poor taste in music,one actually requested we put something else on. :D
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 1410
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:44:45 PM

Decided i'm gonna skip the dating and just ask for money for sex instead.

Well I have money. If only I could remember what sex is.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1411
view profile
History
The sea hath fish
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:10:07 PM
Ok. I guess we need more smack down. I can't believe she's really this stupid. Her personality has got to be a running practical joke, I swear.

Some men have a higher income or more discretionary income than others, they can afford to spend $ on a regular basis & it affords them more choices in the women they can date.

No. It doesn't. It brings them particular options. Not necessarily more, and not necessarily better. Just the ones that fall into certain categories.

This reflects a really skewed perception of income and social class, and what life is like for those who aren't highly financial. It's like having some kind of hang-up...income fetish or chauvinism, a naivete...which blinds a person to the realities outside of their naïve bubble.

The men who are lower on the financial rung cannot AFFORD to date like the others do,

Trust me...these men are doing some rejecting.

so they are relegated to scooping up what the higher paid men have rejected

Often the higher paid men aren't the ones doing the rejecting.

Quoting a male from another thread:
Women are the prize. Men compete for the prize. It is what it is.

You really shouldn't expect one or some men to speak for most or all just because they claim to. I'm at least smart enough to know that you don't speak for any significant percentage of women.

Just because a person has a different idea or experience than another, does not make them less of a "real woman"

Correct. But irrelevant. I don't think hardly anyone has said that one is less of a real person just because they were different. But what HAS been stated is about HOW your idea or experience is different. Exactly how you are different is PRECISELY the kind of thing that would indicate that you are less of a real woman or man. Did we need to go back to 5th grade to explain that?

Just because some man has $ doesn't mean any woman will want him, but all people have some standards of what they want in a mate, whether it is a talent, a look, a lifestyle, etc...

...My statement was a man w/ more $ will have more choices than a man w/ no $ or less $

It does seem like you're kind of back-pedaling or being self-contradictory. Or dancing back and forth between two feet.

it is their right to want what they want & not be demeaned for it.

To be really technical...none of us have any right to not be demeaned. We'll judge each other for various things until hell freezes over. Sometimes we're idiots and wrong, sometimes we have a valid point. But no whining please. No victimhood or dropping the offense card. Put that shit back into your hand and play a card that's worth a shit.

An emotionally healthy woman (?real woman?) will want to be around people who give as well as take, she will not allow herself to be the free bed & breakfast. She will have healthy boundaries. Same goes for men. He won't put up w/ bad behavior from a woman just because she is attractive, if he is emotionally healthy.

You saying something as sensible as this just doesn't fit with other shallow-minded thinking that you've conjured up.

------

I've never seen all the problems with not wanting to experience life until I got on POF forums.

I have yet to see anyone in POF not want to experience life. This is an example of mischaracterization...a form of dishonesty and manipulativeness. That's why threads get so jacked-up...people playing conversation logic games.

naturally women prefer a man who has a good income and is successful. No virtue in being poor. These days men also prefer a woman who can pull her weight financially
^This-

why is it Ok (per some forum posters) for the man to get it all from a woman, but she must not expect a thing?

It's SEXIST IMO.

Oops. And there it is again. Jumping back to the other foot. And playing that dishonest mischaracterization game. Will someone show me...without playing that game when pretending to do so...where in here there has been a consensus to get a lot from a woman but not give much back?

Yes, you may consider yourself properly demeaned. Deliberately. Because it is appropriate, and because you deserve it. Go whine about your rights somewhere else.

-----

Lots of good music for sex out there...but the best music is no music. Silence...complete intimacy.

Or even the tick-tock of a clock to emphasize the intimacy of the silence, and that's it.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1412
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:29:00 PM

............….one actually requested we put something else on. :D

LOL, I would think one would request, "we take it all off".

My favorite background sound, …………..bull frogs / tree frogs / whip-poor-wills / the wind thru the leaves of the trees, ……

regardless of who paid for the marshmallows.
 feirene
Msg: 1413
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:34:08 PM

LOL, I would think one would request, "we take it all off".

My favorite background sound, …………..bull frogs / tree frogs / whip-poor-wills / the wind thru the leaves of the trees, ……

regardless of who paid for the marshmallows.

Really? That seems kind of unusual to me but sounds relaxing. Think i'd be expecting a massage with that sort of thing.

Well I have money. If only I could remember what sex is.

I just lie there so couldn't tell you.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 1414
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:43:03 PM
^^^
That's fine with me. What's on Netflix tonight?
 MsMicki
Msg: 1415
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/8/2018 8:07:31 PM

how many tree frogs would you like...I have taken a dozen out of my pool this week!!

my guy gets home from a vacation with his granddaughter tomorrow....
I'm buying dinner, he bought the tickets to a music event near us....the sex will be free!!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 1416
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/9/2018 10:35:18 AM
Drink wrote, and Dan echoed:
Nope. For many of us, there are no leagues.

Well, sounds like the lyrics to a John Lennon song. "Imagine all the people living without leagues" is as naively wishful as "Imagine all the people living life in peace," unfortunately.

We will disagree on the existence of "leagues" in dating.

But, I do get the sentiment, just like Lennon's "peace," sure...it's worth striving for.

if the difference isn't so great and you're still going to date
"Difference isn't so great," right there, aren't you admitting there are leagues? Because if the difference IS great, isn't that the definition of "another league?"

...you still have to demonstrate what kind of person you are and be judged by that.
100% agree. But that's true whether one practices intraleague or interleague dating.... right?

I don't get this argument, unless you're saying that it's only the inner person that counts.....regardless of any other attributes either prospective partner offers. And on that, I disagree, NOT on principle, but based on the cold hard reality of how the dating world - and attraction between the sexes - works.

Or maybe I'm just too dense, or old (the more likely scenario) to understand.
 2ufo
Msg: 1417
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/9/2018 10:52:53 AM
MsMicki...
and here I thought a relationship was the prize!!

Nah, a relationship takes work so it can't be the 'prize'.

Isn't that the goal of all this???
2 people both contributing to the outcome of a relationship....

One would hope but this is the POF forums, venue of... debate and all sort of other weird stuff.
Kind of the entire spectrum of the world right at your fingertips.

Oh, yes! At least.

SS... maybe there actually are leagues. I know that some people advocate not crossing your league by not expressing serious interest in a person more attractive (in any way, particularly looks). Piss on that. I'm not going to let anyone say I can't approach a man because I'm *gasp* obese. So what? I'm charming and kind and flirtatious. If a man is intelligent and I decide we might have a kindred sense of the absurd or even just a good time talking, I will smile and tell him that he has my attention. Sure, I've been rejected - but never rudely.
And I've never been arrested by the League Police.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 1418
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/9/2018 11:17:17 AM
2ufo:
I know that some people advocate not crossing your league by not expressing serious interest in a person more attractive (in any way, particularly looks).
I don't have any problems with "league crossing," though. More power to anyone to do just that.

Piss on that.
Divulging your technique? I.e. ...are you suggesting to be like a dog, to p*ss to create your own league boundaries?

2ufo:
arrested by the League Police.
LOL. Patrolling singles bars, coffee shops with billy clubs looking for "league violations." Guess you would have to have a league ID card maybe? Those who strived to be interleague daters would have to hide, and date, in the shadows. Too funny.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1419
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/9/2018 12:55:56 PM
I had a man tell my ex-boyfriend he was out of my league because he was just a lowly tree cutter...
I sure you can imagine what I had to say about that!!

I have never let a man's looks, bank account or career intimidate me... or dissuade me from being interested.
I judge on character...always have and always will.
 2ufo
Msg: 1420
view profile
History
It's Economics
Posted: 6/9/2018 1:28:50 PM

Piss on that.

Divulging your technique? I.e. ...are you suggesting to be like a dog, to p*ss to create your own league boundaries?

Well, if a man has been scent-marked by another woman, I probably won't approach him. But I do wear a subtle, sexy perfume for just that purpose. LOL

LOL. Patrolling singles bars, coffee shops with billy clubs looking for "league violations." Guess you would have to have a league ID card maybe? Those who strived to be interleague daters would have to hide, and date, in the shadows. Too funny.

Especially their undercover agents...
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1421
I AM PARTNERED- WHAT ARE YOU?
Posted: 6/9/2018 5:13:32 PM

Ok. I guess we need more smack down. I can't believe she's really this stupid. Her personality has got to be a running practical joke, I swear.

Threatening w/ a "smack down"-- is that physical violence, to smack a woman bec. she has her own POV?

Stupid? Just look in the mirror!

I don't give a fvck what u think about my personality.

I'm enjoying life & never was homeless.

After this post, you are going on my imaginary FB block button.

Kissfromarose77
Msg: 1422
Debunking illogical arguments
Posted: 6/9/2018 6:30:17 PM
^^^ Your POV is basically that women are worth more than men in terms of monetary value. I hope you don’t teach your son that he’s worth less than a female. That is not logical reasoning, and anybody who wants to should be given the opportunity to debunk it.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1423
view profile
History
Majors serve in the military - Minors pretend they do
Posted: 6/9/2018 8:34:56 PM
'Leagues' are a figment of our own imagination. Much like 'Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder'.
We use them to create individual borders for our own security and self-worth.

If dating 'Leagues' were legitimate structures, there would be a rules committee, uniform dress specifics, more than likely a union - and a salary cap.

Believing someone to be 'in' or 'out' of a League is pretty much determined by how willing YOU are to communicate with them - nothing more, nothing less. Besties be damned. Common sense was just dumped in a taxi with a $100 bill. Even the greatest amounts of peer pressure and logic crumble in front of someone with Twitterpated eyes.

Categorizing people - yourself, your suitors, the competition, and the public at large - is largely done on your own - in your own eyes - colored with your own experiences - and at your own peril. People tend to forget the consequences part.

Your POV is basically that women are worth more than men in terms of monetary value.

I don't think it's that simple. She is terrified of the idea of any woman losing even a cent of their value to a man, for any reason. But the arguments in here are not about the de-valuation of the gender - it's that women keep trying to set the price too high, pretty much to see if someone will buy it. Guys are no different. Anyone in here that's serious about matchmaking is trying to sell themselves at their highest perceived blue-book value. But there is a time and place when you gotta step back and realize the marketplace has made it's own moves, and you are just gambling on a pretense and nothing more. That's not gender bashing - that's life.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1424
Posted: 6/10/2018 7:58:46 AM

…………….. trying to sell themselves at their highest perceived blue-book value

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is the part I just can't wrap my brain around.
I can never remember a time in my life when I considered myself to be "For Sale"...………...or Rent. NEVER.

My "Value" is and always has been, as my mother told me, "You have always been a good daughter".
My son would say, "Mom, we always knew you loved us. You took time to BE with us".
My grandchildren will say, "Grandma, takes us camping every summer".
BF, "You brought life back into my life. You give me reason to smile or laugh".
My GF's, "You have always been there for me".

NO money involved in my value. Not a bloody dime!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1425
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:10:14 AM
SS4544Spd

For many of us, there are no leagues...if the difference isn't so great and you're still going to date...
right there, aren't you admitting there are leagues? Because if the difference IS great, isn't that the definition of "another league?"

I do believe that you're playing a game of confusing what you're attracted to, and compatibility, with what's usually meant by discussions of leagues.

BLONDE_ANGEL_1

Ok. I guess we need more smack down
Threatening w/ a "smack down"-- is that physical violence, to smack a woman bec. she has her own POV?

So now you're going to pretend that there's been a physical threat? You are truly a worthless Ho.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date