Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1476
Women are going to choose the best optionsPage 60 of 73    (33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73)

the most undesirable, lowlife, piece of excrement

I hope the "constipated" one took a dump by now

:rolling:
 reverendswine
Msg: 1477
Women are going to choose the best options
Posted: 6/19/2018 4:41:48 PM

Why should they leave? Maybe they're enjoying the site apart from idiots messaging them.

Oh, really? What could they possibly be "enjoying" if their experience is nothing but tiresome accosting by men they don't want? Did POF add some ultra-cool new features I'm unaware of? Gaming?? An online merchandise shop??

Please enlighten me on these fun-filled, thrill-a-minute activities. I'm all ears.
 feirene
Msg: 1478
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2018 5:39:56 PM

Oh, really? What could they possibly be "enjoying" if their experience is nothing but tiresome accosting by men they don't want? Did POF add some ultra-cool new features I'm unaware of? Gaming?? An online merchandise shop??

Please enlighten me on these fun-filled, thrill-a-minute activities. I'm all ears.

Lol, will admit for me for personally i do not enjoy the POF dating site itself (which is why i never rush to my inbox if i have messages). Kind of figured out it's not got the type of guy i'm looking for a while ago and i'm not that bothered about getting into a relationship anyway, but i keep mine because you never know. Never had messages from local socials on here so i followed them on facebook instead, so never really needed an account here for that reason either.

But on other sites where i did get more messages what i considered good then i could overlook the bad because the good was worth staying for. When there is more bad than good i tend to just delete my profile or hide it if it's ever been slightly good at some point or other site features are useful. But not all sites are that awful you need to get rid of your profile on them.
 ssm508
Msg: 1479
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 7:38:32 AM

I wouldn’t have insulted either one of them. I do think the man, who was significantly overweight, was being unrealistic in contacting a woman who was in great physical shape - in this case, the woman appeared to be into bodybuilding. Just the difference in their lifestyles alone would have made them an unlikely match for one another, IMO.

Maybe it's unrealistic for an overweight man to contact ONLY thin and/or fit women. But it's possible he contacts women from various body types because he liked the pictures and what is written in the profile. Perhaps most thin or fit women wouldn't be interested in him. But there could be a few of these women that could overlook his weight. Unless a woman had put on her profile that she was looking for a man with a fit or athletic body type, he would never know for sure until he contacted them.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1480
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 8:15:34 AM
You would have had to have seen his and her profile. They were obviously not a match. He was solely looking at a pic and decided she was fvck worthy, and that is insulting, unless she stated she was only looking for sex, and she did not.
 ssm508
Msg: 1481
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 8:24:16 AM
^^^^^^
My previous statement also depended on who else he contacted. Since there is no way of knowing that, I used words such as "possible".
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1482
view profile
History
Women choose best options & pretend they are +2 better
Posted: 6/20/2018 11:55:45 AM

Now in modern society, we don't really have clear social rankings and weird stuff that separates us into rankings that dictate how we behave and how others treat us. We can perceive imaginary rankings aka Alpha/beta, Nice-guy/Bad-boy, in that case it is self-imposed prison. Just a maladaptive belief system that won't lead to anything healthy.

I love the term "Self-imposed prison," because that is pretty much what people are doing - and it's not only to the negative side.

Adding more to their own worth and pretending they deserve more - believing a higher class of citizen is where to find the One - it pretty much like locking yourself in the penthouse and ignoring the other 40 floors, expecting the person to show up there is the cream of the crop. Funny thing is, most of the people showing up there are working class people - maids, cooks, plumbers, delivery people, and so on -- because the King/Queen of the Castle is never home.

Eventually, but not always, people realize that life of exclusivity needs to involve mingling with the Help, because there is no one else to talk to.

Unfortunately, online social networks connections extend that delusion by a few years or more.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1483
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 1:13:07 PM

I think they're more specific though to individuals, so being fat might not make a person unattractive but something else can (like for me if you're face isn't attractive then i'm not interested but fat wouldn't bother me).

Fat will affect the face, and face is #1 for everyone, although guys tend to give more credence to a body that's above-average than gals (but it still means something for gals; masculinity expressed). But just because some gals may like fat guys who aren't just big all-around but fat -- doesn't mean it's 50/50. It's far from random. That's something people's esteems can't take. The upside is that anyone (even HawkingJr) can find someone if they dig enough, with an on-par swagger/game/attitude/persona.

The 1-10 is about raw looks. Which is usually The thing when it comes to dating marketability. Knowledge of lots of $$ is rarely known, and rarely are they famous. Within certain circles you can have popularity play a role, but by and large that doesn't come into the equation either. Aside from overall looks (which has it's different attributes in itself), one's Dating Market Value usually is affected by:

- Just about Not Lacking in attitude/persona when it comes to stranger-meets-stranger to see if there's a "spark".

- Attitude/swagger/game/etc plays a significant role when the Looks don't stick out in a positive or negative way (neutral-zone) -- but random environmental factors can also increase or decrease your chances, too.

- If you're Above Waters in the Looks dept compared to your target, you can lack a bit in attitude/persona/Type... and if you're Below Waters in the Looks dept (but not Immediately ruled out by it), your attitude/persona/Type in how you come across can get you a W. But, like the neutral zone, random environmental factors can play a role, too.

Overall, the trend tends to be, IMO: Girls are generally into looks more than they claim... and when it comes to Relationship Potential, guys are not as into looks as folks believe either. They become more the same when Relationship is each's aim, assuming nothing else is standing out about their story. It's easier to land a (usually not-that-interested) Date with a gal with a Significantly greater Dating Market Value than you, than to get a string of dates, porking, or obviously datING her. Getting a # or landing a date is less "Ohhh" of a guy significantly lacking in Dating Market Value than the gal. It stands out when they become an item or you find out they've been porking on the side for some time.

Dating Market Value carries less weight when you've gotten to know them thru work or a relatively close social-group, over time. But it doesn't mean it should carry Expectations that Average Joe has great chances at getting Hot Veronica over time... because at that workplace/social-circle, every Below/Above/Average Joe is aiming for that, too.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1484
Posted: 6/20/2018 1:24:38 PM
^^ Do u have a PUA site?

You sound a tad bit like LEYKIS 101
 ohenryx
Msg: 1485
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 4:13:40 PM

^^ Do u have a PUA site?

No, actually he doesn’t. Not even close.

A PUA will be telling men,

It doesn’t matter if you’re plain or average looking, you too can pick up smoking hot babes. Just send a check for $500 to my PO Box and I will rush deliver you the INSIDE TRACK to dating all of the hot women you could ever want!!!

Instead, what NG is saying – looks do matter. Sometime they matter more, sometime less, but they ALWAYS matter. (Reader’s Digest Condensed Version there for you.)
 cooldog65
Msg: 1486
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2018 7:27:21 PM

Tom Leykis has said that the PUA community has borrowed some of his teachings. Leykis 101 originated around 1998. Not sure when PUA started.

Leykis has an internet show currently that I listen to.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1487
view profile
History
ALL choices have consequences
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:25:58 AM
Listening to Leykis makes you realize what having even a little power enables you to do. The guy has control over the show, so whatever is on it, he is emboldened to be brazen and crude whenever he so wishes, because the 'Dump' button is always there. Conservative radio talk shows are the exact same way. They don't need to have any objectivity or even dignity with their words because they are the gatekeeper of their own shows.

People out in the dating scene are no different. They may be apologetic and polite by themselves, but add a couple friends, maybe a drink or two, and they can (and DO) become just as crass and mean as the talking heads and squawk boxes ranting the broadcast waves every day.

That over-reaction and drama that broadcasters create is done because it lures people in to listen. Friendly hugs and handshakes won't draw a crowd - but fistfights do. Sadly, people take that mentality home with them - being easily (and loudly) offended over simple disagreements. Having that polarizing mentality ("If you're not with us, you're against us.") is simplistic and cruel - and it WORKS for creating drama in the entertainment industry. But real life doesn't end with their broadcast show time. People who get hurt in real life don't always resolve things by the next commercial break. THAT is the cruelty of the decisions we make. It's not that people get turned down or rejected - it's the lack of patience and total non-sympathy about how they do it. 'I don't like you - now, go away.'

It's also the lack of patience with our friends when it comes to recovery afterward...
'Rub some dirt in it.' 'Have another drink.' 'You are too good for them, anyway.'
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 1488
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 11:49:51 AM

Tom Leykis has said that the PUA community has borrowed some of his teachings. Leykis 101 originated around 1998.

Yes, I read some of the old USENET fan groups. I think his original show started in the early 90s.

Not sure when PUA started.

Return of Kings has done some borrowing from him, as well.

Leykis has an internet show currently that I listen to.

LOL, why?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1489
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:18:19 PM
Guys listening to other guys on how to mistreat & manipulate women,

Sounds like they don't even like women, or just use them as cozy holes.

Why not just invest in a couple of flesh lights & lube & call it a day,

If that is too pricey, you can make a home made version, as seen here:

https://youtu.be/O1RnAnz9EQM
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1490
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:32:34 PM

^^ Do u have a PUA site?

No, but maybe for fun I should put one up that isn't over-the-top like PUAs tend to be.

No, I don't agree with much of his over-the-top stuff -- and some don't have much basis for it. Much the same as opposite-of-PUA stuff.

I think you think I'm like a PUA because like them, I express things that aren't "PC" when it comes to the dating market, and I look it from a numbers/robotic POV. Although PUAs instead do take an emotional POV -- to Motivate wallflower guys. Much of the PUA stuff is over-stereotyped + over-exaggerated, and some points just false -- but it doesn't need to be accurate. It just needs to get guys motivated to Do Something + have Some accuracy embedded in there that grandma's afraid to say and wish isn't true, for the wallflower guys to buy into it enough.

Instead, I just like to lay things out the way they are... and break down how certain things are false (PUA or opposite-of-PUA+pro-PC).
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1491
Posted: 6/22/2018 12:44:31 PM
Well guess what, SOME of the women who participate here lay it out the same way.
How it is.

Except the misogynists & enablist women don't like it.

Not my circus.

While they are getting excommunicated from church or hosting a free soup kitchen, some other women & men are out having fun.

I wouldn't tell a man to turn off a woman w/ cheapskatery Leykis 101 behaviors, or enablist doormat women to continue attracting free tenants & Lucifer inducing men.

That makes someone like myself way kinder & more honest than those who keep up w/ the lying & enabling.

However, if people are so enmeshed in denial, that is on them.

I am not responsible for other's cognitive dissonance.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1492
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:10:29 PM

enablist doormat women

please do tell how a woman that is willing to buy her own coffee/drink or split the dinner bill with a man is an enabler (enablist isn't a word!) or a doormat.....
what is it we are enabling??
and what makes you think a woman buying her own dinner is a doormat? you couldn't be anymore wrong if you tried...
and as for this "cognitive dissonance"....one would actually have to present a fact ...and not just a personal opinion...for it to contradict a belief...therefore creating this dissonance!!
you cannot discount what has worked for other women just because you have a different preference....

and wtf is a Lucifer inducing man???
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1493
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:28:12 PM
I don't even know WTF we're talking about anymore.

There's some crazy stuff being posted on these threads lately.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1494
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:33:10 PM
Just because a woman gets a guy into a relationship by pursuing him, it doesn't mean he cares. Users will gladly use women in the context of a relationship for a lifetime, and I feel pursuing them encourages being used. I'm not telling women how to conduct their relationships, just expressing how I go about mine. I feel for the most part, women need to let men court them to show where they're coming from and to express their intentions.
 2ufo
Msg: 1495
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:54:00 PM

and wtf is a Lucifer inducing man???

Had the same question and Googled it.

Lucifer was female throughout the Bible and is the Jezebel spirit or else has a sister here on Earth.
I haven't gotten much further than that, but it seems like entertaining reading.

Still doesn't explain a a "Lucifer inducing man" is though.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1496
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 1:56:34 PM

Just because a woman gets a guy into a relationship by pursuing him, it doesn't mean he cares. Users will gladly use women in the context of a relationship for a lifetime, and I feel pursuing them encourages being used

the exact same thing could be said about a man pursuing a woman....
plenty of women use men just to have a certain lifestyle that prefer...

Expressing interest in a man will only equate to being used...if two factors are involved.
The man is a user...and the woman allows it.
Buying my own dinner or making the first move doesn't make a woman a pushover, enabler, doormat or any of the other derogatory terms being thrown around.

One could say that saying "I love You" too early could create the same scenario...being used.
If one comes across as needy/desperate...which many believe when those words are said quickly...then they are opening themselves up to being used because the other person could very well think they will do anything to "stay in love"....
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1497
Posted: 6/22/2018 2:15:46 PM

Just because a woman gets a guy into a relationship by pursuing him, it doesn't mean he cares. Users will gladly use women in the context of a relationship for a lifetime, and I feel pursuing them encourages being used. I'm not telling women how to conduct their relationships, just expressing how I go about mine. I feel for the most part, women need to let men court them to show where they're coming from and to express their intentions.

Oftentimes that type of woman uses sex & cooking/food & a roof over his head as bait.

I have no respect for a man who goes along w/ such perfidy, or the women who perfidify!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1498
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 2:49:49 PM

Because a woman pursues a man she is interested in, doesn't mean she makes all the plans, makes all the dates, calls him constantly or is the only one calling the shots.

Isn't it possible to express interest in a man and then let the relationship unfold like it would if he expressed interest first?
I don't see the difference. Does the man assume the woman is a ho automatically because she made the first move? How does that make her less of a woman than the woman who is pursed initially by a man? I can't wrap my head around the logic.

You can still let a man "court" you to see where they're coming from and what their intentions are, but I still think that works both ways, and I see no problem with showing interest first. I wouldn't call that "pursuing". When I say hello to someone and start a conversation, I don't think of it as pursuing at all. I made the effort. It can be reciprocated or not.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1499
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 4:11:05 PM
^^ There is no logic.....just some good ole' Cognitive Dissonance!!!
Refusing to see anyway but their own...
and of course....at this point....admitting there are women who can make the first move and land a good man is way too adult for them!!
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1500
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2018 5:34:34 PM
I'm not saying a woman can't show interest in a man. Men look for that so that they can feel they'll get a positive response when they put themselves out there to ask someone out. I don't see anything so wrong with showing interest to the point of being more aggressive, but I feel men take advantage of that. Sure, men that are that type will, but I feel it's easier to know where a guy stands by giving him that space to express himself.

Micki, you're saying you've got a good thing going with your guy, and I will accept that you're being honest and I'm glad for you. I like to see happy people.

Boo, is it your experience that you think your approach is working? I don't judge working by currently being in a relationship, but that you think meet and greets not progressing is due to incompatibility/lack of interest by either party, and not your approach. You mentioned a guy can still court a women, but is that what you're experiencing?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date