Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 1676
view profile
History
Paying for a datePage 68 of 74    (34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74)

whiterose, I feel tension on my leg, like you're pulling it? You've got to be kidding about Henry not expecting sex. He may stop expecting sex when his penis falls off. You must want to explore this more, since you know it's the truth, and may have disdain for what he does.

I never got the impression that Henry expected sex on the first date after buying a woman dinner. I think he would welcome sex, but is not necessarily expecting to get it. I do think most healthy men want sex at some point in the dating process, and Henry is not unique. After a handful of dates, most men expect to have sex, and many women do, too.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1677
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:03:27 PM

They can always attend a Eucharistic Brunch & get an ole lady to crawl under the table &
attempt to turn jello into a steel rod w / her gums

Gads I've never seen or heard of this?
Did it work?
 MsMicki
Msg: 1678
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:07:15 PM

They can always attend a Eucharistic Brunch & get an ole lady to crawl under the table & attempt to turn jello into a steel rod w / her gums

Speaking of not being able to take the trailer park out of the girl...
Guess you can buy a wig....but you can't buy class...
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1679
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:08:43 PM
ask WhiteRose, that is how she nabbed herself her man, at a Church function, b4 another woman beat her to it...

n order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread. hskieshasdentures
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1680
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:16:56 PM
Guess you can buy a wig....but you can't buy class.

If your hair is any indication, I'd say u were wearing a dead otter atop ur scalp.

My current profile pic shows my real hair

and class:

.... a few hours of sipping whiskey and hot monkey sex makes you feel like you ran a 10 mile marathon the next day......

Ms. Monkey...oops Ms Micki
 reverendswine
Msg: 1681
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:18:53 PM

Are you his penis holster?

If so I give him credit for being willing to venture into octogenarian territory...

Why the fück are you so obsessed with him?? At least he's not trying to sell a FAKE happy marriage to a dating site forum.

If anyone here believes this woman is happily married PLEASE raise your hand.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1682
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:29:37 PM
^^^playing white knight like u always complain about?

I don't give a hat's rass what y'all think of my relationship, & please keep ur arm down, it's hot out & ur pit reeks of B.O.

n order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1683
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:32:12 PM

My current profile pic shows my real hair

yeah...we have all seen it...and understand why you need the wigs and extensions...

still jealous of the hot monkey sex I see....
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1684
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:37:24 PM
If you feel the need to keep bragging about ur intimate life I feel sorry 4 u...

Intimate means b/w 2 ppl & close...

in·ti·mate1
ˈin(t)əmət/Submit
adjective
closely acquainted; familiar, close.
"intimate friends"
synonyms: close, bosom, dear, cherished, faithful, devoted, fast, firm, familiar; informalchummy
"an intimate friend of Picasso's"
private and personal.
"going into intimate details of his sexual encounters"
synonyms: personal, private, confidential, secret; More
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1685
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:39:56 PM

Men are usually pretty entitled, they want it for free lol

I don't think there's many men wanting a date for free (where they don't have to pay Anything). I think it's the other way around on that one. :)

Of course the cost of dating can add up, for both parties, but there's a lot of basically free stuff to pepper in there, like festivals, local happenings.

First, it's not going to add up in costs for females if one's going by the man-pays-for-pretty-much-everything. Second, you're right on not-so-costly outings -- getting a lot of bang for the buck, as far as expenses are concerned. To maximize dating success, a guy on a budget should pay attention to the almost-free stuff, yes. But the problem is, in most circles, he can't assume/rely on that being close to the only thing at all, especially when he's not wanting to cut into his chances on impression. At the end of the day, he's still going to have to pay -- although not always big -- for the lady's way for her to grace him with her presence (presence -- not presents! Presents are for Her, not him! ;)).

I think for guys in general, they'll go down that route when it's a gal they have a crush on who's that OMG-catch, yeah. Or when he's "given a chance" and is clearly chasing her. But to expect a guy to be in that mode when agreeing to a date? That's when some guys get flustered that a lady feels Entitled to be paid for at all times as "the way you do things".

I've always tried to start relationships at the initial date the way I hope a relationship will be later on.

I never tried to start relationships on the initial date. Tends to understandably scare women away. :)

I don't do coffee, or pubs/bars so I won't suggest these as an initial meet.

Not all cafes are the same -- I don't drink coffee, and they're not coffee-only oriented. Pubs/bars aren't all the same either at all. Plenty of restaurants have a bar in it -- which is pretty much like a separated cafe of sorts. So a post-dinner or happy-hour meetup at a bar is fine, even for those who don't really drink (alcohol isn't required). And you can aim for ones that aren't crowded, just like anywhere else... so no, it's not noise holding ya back.

I never got the impression that Henry expected sex on the first date after buying a woman dinner.

Exactly. I've questioned/razzed Henry for going out with some girls where they knowingly likely wanted to be just friends, but he did so anyway and enjoyed their company and the date, despite this.

I do think most healthy men want sex at some point in the dating process, and Henry is not unique. I do think most healthy men want sex at some point in the dating process, and Henry is not unique.

From a previous topic I remember me and Henry posting in, it's more like this: It happens sooner than people like to generally admit, if there's mutual chemistry. And if a gal does want to date you, it's not going to go too many full-fledged dates-worth until some sexual relations are going to be had. If the gal really does like you, it's usually not going to last more than 4 full-fledged dates worth until you're fooling around. Of course, it's usually not going to last more than 3 full-fledged dates if the gal isn't that into ya, either. :)

That's why there's other threads about Poor Joe who has been "seeing" a girl for a month, barely gets a kiss at the end of some... but he hangs around thinking she just wants to "take it slow" -- and then she ends the process of the dates. Yeah, if all she's willing to do after date #4 is give you a PG-rated kiss when all dates were pretty full-fledged... it's not about going slow with everyone -- she's just not into you. Usually things would have ended after date #3 if that's the case, but they sometimes string along.
 reverendswine
Msg: 1686
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 1:52:22 PM

If you feel the need to keep bragging about ur intimate life I feel sorry 4 u...

Oh, you mean the same way you've bragged about your ''happy marriage"?

playing white knight like u always complain about?

You clearly have no idea what a white knight is. In fact, you have no idea about much of anything. I have never seen anyone more consistently wrong about everything in general than you.

You are crazier than a shithouse rat and appear to be closely related to one, as well.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1687
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 2:25:06 PM

If you feel the need to keep bragging about ur intimate life I feel sorry 4 u...[\quote]
oh for fuk's sake....YOU are the one that brought it back up!!
and tried to twist it to make me look bad... and failed miserably (again) I might add...

Maybe you should try some of that hot monkey sex (if the ole' hubs will, of course, buy you dinner first)
 sun___flower
Msg: 1688
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 2:43:11 PM
RevSwine
If anyone here believes this woman is happily married PLEASE raise your hand.

*crickets*
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1689
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 3:43:31 PM

never seen anyone more consistently wrong about everything in general than you.

Get your eyes examined.

& while ur at it, get a haircut so u look like a real man, not some simpering fabio wanna be...maybe donate that hair to locks of love -some lil kid w/ cancer needs it more than u...
 MsMicki
Msg: 1690
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 3:57:20 PM
awww....^^^ someone's jealous they can't grow their own hair!!

You are truly becoming more and more pathetic...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1691
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 4:06:10 PM
LMAO

r u drinking drano?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1692
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 4:13:02 PM
Actually part of what Ms M says is sad- I had a friend who battled cancer thank God she is OK & I know quite a few women w/ alopecia, one had hair loss due to MS.

That part is not funny.
 reverendswine
Msg: 1693
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 4:29:57 PM

& while ur at it, get a haircut so u look like a real man

Hey, I hear extra trash day is tomorrow in your hood. Be sure to take your opinion of what a "real man" is along with your usual loads of horseshit, and place them at the end of the driveway by 7:00 am for pickup.

Newsflash - a real man doesn't give a f*ck about anyone else's definition of a real man.

while ur at it, get a haircut so u look like a real man, not some simpering fabio wanna be...maybe donate that hair to locks of love -some lil kid w/ cancer needs it more than u...

haha. Mine is better than yours and it's real. Marinade in that for a while.

Speaking of donations, you should donate your pictures to Purina to use on their bags of Dog Chow. What a great way to get into modeling!

BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1694
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 5:11:53 PM
stop looking at Ms M's pix...it's making ur eyes go crossed...

ohenryx
Msg: 1695
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 6:02:12 PM

NewYorker58
whiterose, I feel tension on my leg, like you're pulling it? You've got to be kidding about Henry not expecting sex. He may stop expecting sex when his penis falls off.

You have the wrong word here. “Expect” is completely wrong. “Desire”, “want”, “hope for”, yes, absolutely. Just like every other man. It’s called biology, you can google it if you like.

I have stated here in these forums, more than once, going back several years: Early on in this dating game I prepared a number of canned answers to the most common questions, the ones I was asked over and over. And one of the most common questions is, “What are you expecting from this date?”

My answer: “I have high hopes and no expectations.”

Which is not only a great answer, it has the further merit of being 100% true.

NewYorker58
He knows he stands a better chance of having sex by creating nice dates for women.

True enough, wouldn’t argue with you on that one.

NewYorker58
Something some of the men here either don't get or they don't want to spend the money.

Disagree, strongly. It doesn’t have to be about money. Some of the best dates I’ve ever been on involved little or no cash outlay.

BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Are you his penis holster?

Nasty. Very nasty. Do you lie awake at night trying to think up nasty things to say here in these forums?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1696
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 6:12:33 PM
NG, there aren't guys that would rather have sex and skip the date part?

Henry isn't wishing and praying for sex on the first date, like many other guys? You must not know Henry. Maybe he'll stop by and speak for himself.

Finding no cost things to do works for men mostly, because after a day out, most likely he's coming back to the woman's place where the woman provides snacks and things to drink or maybe dinner. I've never asked a man to take me out for dinner, but I have taken men out when there's a place I want to go to or there's a place I want the person to experience.

Edit: I see you weighed in as I was posting, Henry. I mentioned you, Henry, but what I said and you're saying applies to most guys, even ones looking for a relationship, but I don't recall getting hit up for sex on a first date most times. The guys I met from pof probably knew that since I'm not having them come to my house to pick me up on a first date, I'm not going to ask them to come back with me or accept an offer from them to return to my place. Curiosity question, do women want to go to your place or you go to theirs? Do you have a preference, and reason why?
 MsMicki
Msg: 1697
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 6:43:27 PM
My guess....there are quite a few women that want to have sex on the first date too...
they just know that holding out is what they "should" do...

Ya'll want to pick on Henry....but as he said, it is pretty much the norm for a man to want to have sex!!
The fact he is honest about is actually quite refreshing!!
I'd rather hear his honesty....than some man's BS!!
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 1698
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 8:03:43 PM

I don't think there's many men wanting a date for free (where they don't have to pay Anything). I think it's the other way around on that one. :)

They figure cheaper paying for a date to try and get sex than for a prostitute Lol!
 cooldog65
Msg: 1699
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 9:21:53 PM

Nasty. Very nasty. Do you lie awake at night trying to think up nasty things to say here in these forums?

Apparently, that ignore button of hers has stopped working...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 1700
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/23/2018 10:18:22 PM

NG, there aren't guys that would rather have sex and skip the date part?

Sure. But that wasn't the topic at all. But speaking of This different situation you refer to, there's actually many guys who aren't looking for relationships who Would rather have a date with the gal first who hasn't known prior.

There's many guys who, on a Wed date, would rather have 100% success by bringing the gal to Burger King followed by watching a movie at his place after. Such many guys aren't going to buy the notion that that'd result in maximal interest in the gal -- so they wisely don't like it. And not every gal's the same. If she's a Good catch, he'd rather focus on maximizing her interest in him, and is 100% fine doing so without fooling around that 1st date night, VS maximizing for sex-on-the-spot. Just because sex with the gal sounds Sooo appetizing during one of those first two dates, doesn't mean the guy's going to wanting to be pushing her envelope for it. He won't if he thinks she's a Good catch.

Finding no cost things to do works for men mostly, because after a day out, most likely he's coming back to the woman's place where the woman provides snacks and things to drink or maybe dinner.

No, that's not how the intro-cycle of dating works. It isn't "Take a girl out where nothing is bought. You could buy some snacks -- but instead, go back to her place where she provides snacks, and something to drink -- or even dinner!" I wish that was a standard "dating 101" option that flowed well. Not that I'd be greedy to utilize it that way, but it'd certainly add options.

I've never asked a man to take me out for dinner

Many women, entitled or not when it comes to dating, doesn't explicitly ask a man to Take her out for dinner (when he doesn't owe her a favor on anything). Although many women will say "Hey, let's go to [such-and-such]," when they've started dating already, or in response to an idea on what they feel like doing this weekend.

The guys I met from pof probably knew that since I'm not having them come to my house to pick me up on a first date, I'm not going to ask them to come back with me or accept an offer from them to return to my place.

Most Online 1st dates don't kick off by the guy picking the gal up at her place, nor is that an assumed "kick off" to a 1st date from online at all. With a gal's semi-WTH response such an odd suggestion, I could see him taking it as she having her defenses up -- so unless she gets tipsy & frisky, her cumming back to my place or vice versa probably isn't in the cards. But if she came off as appreciative for the offer, but "we'll just meet there, thanks" -- I can't see how it'd heed him in offering to come back to his place or vice versa for a night-cap VS any other situation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date