Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 1701
Paying for a datePage 69 of 74    (34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74)

Nasty. Very nasty.

Well TY, that's a compliment coming from you, considering u have had ur share of some nasties urself...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 reverendswine
Msg: 1702
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:54:18 AM

Nasty. Very nasty. Do you lie awake at night trying to think up nasty things to say here in these forums?

Yes. Yes, she does. It makes one wonder where her husband she's supposedly ''happily married" to is when she's here stirring shit up.

It's hilarious to see how oblivious she is to how bad she's making herself and her "wonderful marriage" look.

*crickets*

I think I hear windchimes in the background, too. Wow, not a single raised hand yet. Not even a sympathy raise.

:roll
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1703
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 8:59:10 AM
Gads, this thread makes you want to take a shower...
while wearing eye muffs and scrubbing yourself with
a wire poof.

*casually braids Mr. Pig's hair when he isn't looking"
 reverendswine
Msg: 1704
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:11:51 AM

casually braids Mr. Pig's hair when he isn't looking

Sneaky Boo.

Ha. I have some rather wacky photos of the times where I've been TheGuineaPigOfYourDreams for that sort of thing.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1705
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:23:47 AM

Yes. Yes, she does. It makes one wonder where her husband she's supposedly ''happily married" to is when she's here stirring shit up.

She's obviously extremely unhappy. She already has the noose around her neck. Or is that a scarf?
 MsMicki
Msg: 1706
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:30:12 AM

It's hilarious to see how oblivious she is to how bad she's making herself and her "wonderful marriage" look.

oblivious doesn't begin to describe her.....
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1707
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 9:55:51 AM
Not having sex on the first date isn't what I'd term as holding out. It's self control for a variety of reasons. Many women acquiesce because they feel pressured, so not a good reason for 1st date sex. Especially with a stranger. It's just as good as picking a stranger off the street, if we're talking about it being an online date. Why not just pick random strangers up and have them come back to your place?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1708
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 10:46:17 AM
^^^^^I get that you've never (nor would you EVER) have sex on the first date.
But some people do. Sometimes there is an instant connection, people have sex,
and they have no regrets afterwards. If this has never happened to you, then you
are not speaking from experience, you have no idea whether or not this is sex
akin with a stranger. Why drag others down by suggesting they should troll the
streets, pick up strangers and bring them back to their house?

Why not just say....this is something I'd not do, but feel free to live your life and I'll
not judge or assume what I don't know?

This is a nasty group of women we have here of a sudden, slamming others for their
choices is one thing, but making it something despicable and disgusting is something
else.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1709
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 10:58:57 AM
I'm expressing how I feel. Why would I say it the way you would that doesn't reflect the way I feel? I'm not telling anyone to date my way.

People are getting nasty now? I think you were front row and center when I joined, right? Don't recall hearing a peep out of you then when I was being ganged up on with nastiness.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1710
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 11:19:03 AM
Everyone has been dumped on in here..everyone.
But yeah, it's reached a new level of nasty when we talk about
old women having to blow men under tables to get a date.
I don't recall you were ever subjected to that sort of talk.
I don't usually jump to the defense of anyone in here, because
if you're here...you should be an adult and be able to take it.
But yeah, the level some woman have gone in this thread is
quite beyond the usual gang ups.

I haven't noticed any peeps from you regarding those posts.
 cooldog65
Msg: 1711
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 11:54:47 AM
Uh oh...Pig is gone. Not cool...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1712
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 11:59:57 AM
Well hopefully he'll be back.
Probably need to abandon this thread though.
It can only get worse....hahahaha!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1713
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 2:13:16 PM
I was being called a gold digger for going out on dates. It was then likened to prostitution. People have serious issues here about women saying yes to a date; isn't that why we're here? Of course HS had plenty to say, exactly like whiterose.....thinks it's okay to offer $$$, but then still doesn't pay for her part of the date. Hipocrisy. Coincidence that both say the same exact thing?

With that said, I don't expect anyone to defend my dating on a dating site. That would be crazy☺ I see a lot of badness I don't comment on. I accept people wanting to express themselves. I'm still only under 12 months new here, though it seems like forever, and know people have ongoing issues with each other for years.
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1714
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 2:26:03 PM
Sharing my recent dating experience. I messaged a women on here. She replied a little while after. We exchanged messages throughout the day then I asked if she would like to get together the next evening. She said yes. We went out for dinner at a nice restaurant on the water so we could watch the sunset while we talked. The location was mostly towards me which was about a 30 minute drive for her. I paid. Our second date was Sunday evening. I had my kids last weekend so we were getting together after I dropped them off. The ride to do that is about 80 minutes round trip. She suggested meeting in my area so I wouldn't have to drive further after I dropped them off so we met at my house to a restaurant nearby. I was going to pay when the waitress dropped the check off but she grabbed it and said "I got this. You paid last time". No only did she drive to my area so I wouldn't have to do more driving, she also paid for our second dinner. I thought that was really nice and considerate of her. We went out again last night. Explored her area then dinner. I took care of that.

We've both hid our profiles on here so I'll see what happens.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 1715
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 2:45:07 PM
She sounds happy with contributing, and does sound considerate. Sounds like a keeper! Even though she's contributing, dating at that level of expense sounds like it will potentially get expensive for the both of you. One reason I'm not looking to pay for dates besides that I entertain at home, is because shortly into dating, there really isn't any money spent. It's typically a dinner out, a few movies are in there and then doing free things locally. Going out to dinner is rare.
 sun___flower
Msg: 1716
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 2:49:07 PM
cooldog
Uh oh...Pig is gone. Not cool...

+1
 Endless_Summer_Nights
Msg: 1717
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 2:50:51 PM
We've talked about the next time we get together. It will be at her house or mine for dinner. Like you said, it kind of turns into doing other things besides going out to eat after a few dates.
 whiterose0
Msg: 1718
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 3:28:39 PM

I was being called a gold digger for going out on dates. It was then likened to prostitution. People have serious issues here about women saying yes to a date; isn't that why we're here?

No, people called you a gold digger because you started a thread entitled "LADIES - First Date Question" where you stated you did not contribute to the cost of dates because you were a lady, and that any woman who did was settling for less. I don't think there was one single person in that thread, man or woman, that agreed with your point of view. And it didn't stop there. You've carried your nonsense over to many other threads, including this one.

Of course HS had plenty to say, exactly like whiterose.....thinks it's okay to offer $$$, but then still doesn't pay for her part of the date. Hipocrisy. Coincidence that both say the same exact thing?

NewYorker, there are several women in these forums that have the same point of view as HS did. I know I am not the only one. Again, it is not hypocritical to offer to split the bill when a man invites you out, as long as you're making a sincere offer.

If a man insists he wants to pay (and many in our age group do), I'm not going to make a scene and tell him he can't. The whole point of a date is to see if the two of you get along, NOT to start arguments with a man.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 1719
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 3:32:12 PM

Not having sex on the first date isn't what I'd term as holding out.

I agree. But keeping it as a strict 'policy' regardless of any other condition does not mean the person is any better at dating, nor any better at finding out the truth. The 'Rule' doesn't replace morality or using a better set of judgement tools.

Many women acquiesce because they feel pressured, so not a good reason for 1st date sex.

To be brutally honest, this sounds like someone who grew up in the last century, like I did. Women don't 'acquiesce' like they used to. People still demean themselves to physical needs, to be sure - but that 'powerlessness' on a BLIND internet date is kind of a joke. People come way too prepared and paranoid to let that stuff happen. The 'Me Too' stuff isn't mostly from blind dates with strangers - it's people they know and have some trust in - relatives, work supervisors, clergy, neighbors - that kind of thing. It gets used a LOT as a scapegoat for bad random hookups - but excuses are always available - opportunities are not.

It's just as good as picking a stranger off the street, if we're talking about it being an online date.

People that claim this excuse have probably tried both. ;)

Online dating (and mating) gives easy access to the basics - connecting, communicating, screening by appearance - but that's all it does. It's a tool. They hand you a shovel. It's up to you to build a foundation for the future - or dig your own grave.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1720
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 3:54:30 PM
Edited....to state The Pig and The Princess are both gone...

and to add.... I have never once in my life had a man try to pressure me into sex because he bought dinner....
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1721
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:06:59 PM

I'm still only under 12 months new here

NewYorker58

Msg: 3
view profile
History

LADIES - First Date Question
Posted: 5/21/2017

LOL Forums history is a girls best friend.
 spot4username
Msg: 1722
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:18:18 PM
^^^
and months ago she was accusing someone of "stalking" her in the forums for a year (at that time).

I guess math is hard.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1723
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 5:01:12 PM
As usual, Boo winds up with the best statement in this entire misbegotten thread:

I get that you've never (nor would you EVER) have sex on the first date.
But some people do.

Why not just say....this is something I'd not do, but feel free to live your life and I'll
not judge or assume what I don't know?

NewYorker58
Curiosity question, do women want to go to your place or you go to theirs? Do you have a preference, and reason why?

I have talked about this before. When I reentered the dating world 8 years ago, I was surprised to find that most women in my age bracket don’t actually live alone. They very often have grown kids living with them, or aged parent(s) they’re taking care of. Or they have custody of a grandkid for one reason or another.

Or their sister who just got divorced is staying with her temporarily until she can get back on her feet. Or something else entirely. It’s like the voice over for that very old TV series, “There are 8 million stories in the naked city.”

This being a really big city, sprawling, covering more square miles than just about anywhere except LA, if I’ve had a few drinks, and I am on the wrong side of town, I will sometimes blow a few dollars on a motel room. With or without company. Much cheaper than a DWI. And much simpler than taking an Uber home, and then having to come back after my car the next day.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 1724
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 6:05:26 PM

I will sometimes blow a few dollars on a motel room.

OMG, ohenry...…….. You ARE one of those.....a man who takes a woman to a motel...…...Oh meohmy! LOL!!!!!!!!!
 MsMicki
Msg: 1725
view profile
History
Paying for a date
Posted: 7/24/2018 7:02:02 PM
So am I whore if I offer to pay for 1/2 the motel room???
**bats eyelashes**

and oh...btw....Wishing you loads of luck ESN!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Paying for a date